Fantasy Premier League 20/21 - Cash Competition

Homme

Hi all. Admin have given me permission to once again run our annual FPL competition. For quickness I have copy and pasted most of the introductory post from last year! See below:-

This is your standard Fantasy Football game. £100M to spend on players with transfers available throughout the season. The rules are simple - the persons with the most points at the end of the 2020/21 season is declared the winner. Last time around we had cash prizes for the top 5 players - prizes are agreed between participants when all monies are collected.

ENTRY TO THIS LEAGUE IS £5 - Prize money will be the total amount collected by the cut off date at the GAMEWEEK 5. This gives an ample amount of time after the season starts to have your entry fee in. All prize money split will be decided by entrants when it is known what the total prize pot is. The more entrants, the greater the prizes and perhaps the more places we can award prizes to.

Payments can be made via paypal at [email protected] - In order to maximise the prize pot, please be careful when you send via this method. Select friends and family method and your full £5 will be received with no fees taken. Prizes will be distributed after the final game week of the season.

Alternatively if you would like to send your entry fee via a bank transfer, please PM me for the details. 

The code to join this years competition is a0wr2e

When sending details please include info such as your team name and JKB username. This makes it so much easier when collecting and to tell who has paid and who has yet to pay.

You can sign up and select your team here - https://fantasy.premierleague.com/ - Please note that to qualify for the first gameweek and to avoid playing catch up you must have your team selected by the beginning of Gameweek 1.

If there are any questions, please give me a shout. I'll keep bumping this regularly and provide updates prize pots to provide some transparency.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Statto

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In short.

£5 entry

League code is a0wr2e

Cut off dates will be published when fixture list is announced.

Last year we shared almost £300 in prizes. We don't have as much time this year round but be nice to have some good numbers again!

1 minute ago, gorgie rools said:

Thanks for setting this up again Jamie.  Joined & paid

Got it mate, thank you and good luck 

Souttarific FC in for another season :thumbsup:

A fiver is on it's way to you via PayPal - I'm expecting it's going to be another one way transaction for this season :lol: 

12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Souttarific FC in for another season :thumbsup:

A fiver is on it's way to you via PayPal - I'm expecting it's going to be another one way transaction for this season :lol: 

I always look forward to your fiver mate. I can get 4 cans with that! 😉

I've received it. Thanks and good luck!

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

I always look forward to your fiver mate. I can get 4 cans with that! 😉

I've received it. Thanks and good luck!

At least it's going to a good cause :lol:

:cheers:

1 hour ago, hueyview said:

Thanks for running it again,.  Selected team, will forward payment by PayPal next Thursday....

Thanks for entering mate. 

1 hour ago, AppleTarts said:

Hopped into the league now, money sent already.

Best of luck everyone (but not too much luck!)

All the best. Sure you'll be up there again!

20 minutes ago, Syd said:

I don’t gamble but would like to join. Is it possible to play but not be in contention for prizes?

Sy

There's a free league on this thread:

:thumbsup:

Edited by tian447

15 hours ago, karipidis said:

Money sent mate, cheers for organising again. 

Hi mate, sorry for just catching this. Work has been mental.

Received your payment. Thanks and good luck!

1 hour ago, Ross Anderson said:

Joined and paid. Thank you for organising again 🙏 

Thanks mate. Have marked you off.

All the best for the competition!

Thanks for running this. Just entered. Good luck to all.

Interesting to see how everyone is navigating the first game week with Man City and Man United not playing. Benching the first week, planning early transfers or ignoring for the first few weeks completely?

I've got Foden on my bench for the first week, planning to bring either Fernandes or Rashford in for Salah for GW2 and bring De Bruyne or Sterling in for Aubameyang in GW3.

I'm not too keen on Liverpool's early fixtures other than Leeds at home the first game but going without any Liverpool players could end up being very damaging unless my other players can match them.

Arsenal have a good couple of fixtures to start the season but then have Liverpool and Man City away in the next 3 so it looks to be a good opportunity to move Aubameyang on for a City attacker.

18 minutes ago, aam025 said:

I’m in and payment sent. How many points did the winner have last season? 

Thank, I've received and marked you off.

All the best for the competition!

Re points, I'll let the winner answer. It was around 2.2k I think.

19 hours ago, Statto said:

Interesting to see how everyone is navigating the first game week with Man City and Man United not playing. Benching the first week, planning early transfers or ignoring for the first few weeks completely?

I've got Foden on my bench for the first week, planning to bring either Fernandes or Rashford in for Salah for GW2 and bring De Bruyne or Sterling in for Aubameyang in GW3.

I'm not too keen on Liverpool's early fixtures other than Leeds at home the first game but going without any Liverpool players could end up being very damaging unless my other players can match them.

Arsenal have a good couple of fixtures to start the season but then have Liverpool and Man City away in the next 3 so it looks to be a good opportunity to move Aubameyang on for a City attacker.

Pondering this myself, got a rough plan of Martial for Werner in GW2 and KDB/Sterling for Auba in GW3. Don't think I am brave enough to go without Salah, he'll get points against anyone and I'm not risking missing out on any hauls!

On 20/08/2020 at 18:42, Statto said:

Will add de bruyne and otomendi from Man city after the first match..  I will have to cut down on transfers from then on as I took to many last season....  It's picking a Mahrez type over achiever, which will help😏

On 20/08/2020 at 18:42, Statto said:

There's a reason I don't win these things and it's because I don't think hard enough :lol:

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Can I invite a guest who isn’t on  JKB .. ? 

Of course. More the merrier.

Giving this a bump up 

Current potential prize pot is £115

Received £95 so far.

Thanks to everyone who has joined up so far and to those who have sent their entry fee.

Edited by Homme

59 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Bump!

Cheers for running this again @Homme 

I'll try and trouble the top 10 this season!

Cash sent

Received it mate. Thanks and good luck!