English football so much better than Scottish

Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

Just annouced they are scrapping replays in the FA Cup.  Good idea to keep fixtures to a minimum and doesn't affect the competition in the slightest imo.  

North of the border meanwhile.... Laughing stock. We have group stages of a league cup we could do without, we,ve been sitting doing nothing while England played a large number games behind closed doors (only 8 games to play on spfl ffs) and we are trying to force through last seasons Cup. 

Incompetence isn't a strong enough word. 

Scottish Football is not run for the good of Scottish Football. 

The SPFL/SFA wouldn't get away with half the Shit they pull in any other civilised country.

CavySlaveJambo

Also looks like the English National League System will be up and running again by mid September with the FA Cup qualifying rounds on the 12th. 

When people tell jokes (unfairly) about the Irish it usually involves foolishness or stupidity, wonder when the football fraternity will start telling the same type of jokes about Scottish football involving corruption and stupidity.  ‘Did you hear the one about the Scottish football fan who........ you know the theme.

Ach. I’m just scunnered wi the whole thing.

Just shows how amateur the league is run up here. We could have finished the season off no problem at all, it was never an option for them, they rushed it all through but waited to finish the cups. Being paid 400k for incompetence is absolutely sickening. 

The football in Scotland is FAR more exciting. I appreciate we don't have the £600K/Week talent on show up here but football in England is eye bleedingly BORING!!!

How the game is ran and governed however; now that's another matter altogether!

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The football in Scotland is FAR more exciting. I appreciate we don't have the £600K/Week talent on show up here but football in England is eye bleedingly BORING!!!

Keep taking the tablets PJ 🤣

Harrogate town who have just won promotion from the national league would probably outclass most spfl teams.

We arent much better than welsh/irish now.

2 hours ago, mre said:

Harrogate town who have just won promotion from the national league would probably outclass most spfl teams.

I don’t think that is true. 

CloustonHMFC

Normally I would be all for a change like this but in the current situation, I hope we keep replays just to put a spanner in the works when the inevitable scramble to complete fixtures happens. 

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

The SPFL/SFA wouldn't get away with half the Shit they pull in any other civilised country.

And there you have it. how long can the incompetent amateurs and sycophants in Scottish football's get away with it?

julienbrellier
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Don't think that was the OPs point. English football is better in every way and scottish football a laughing stock. no point being in denial

6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Say what you mean- Scottish Football is run for the good of -  

I run an amateur football club and we've not even resumed contact training (we aren't allowed to train as a result of the guidance change yesterday) and have only been given a provisional date of September 11th for friendlies, with a view to the season starting at the end of October.

Meanwhile, English amateur clubs have been playing friendlies for weeks and are probably set to start their season on time.

4 hours ago, mre said:

Mate, its opinions. I think although the standard isnt as high as down south you cannot deny its pretty exciting to watch. English Premiership is like watching chess.

IMO of course...& I dont take tablets 👍

1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

Don't think that was the OPs point. English football is better in every way and scottish football a laughing stock. no point being in denial

Fair enough but I stand by my opinion. I know its ran professionally and is respected (unlike up here) but I would prefer to watch a Scottish game before the EPL any day.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
5 hours ago, mre said:

That's not the point he's making though. 

47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mate, its opinions. I think although the standard isnt as high as down south you cannot deny its pretty exciting to watch. English Premiership is like watching chess.

IMO of course...& I dont take tablets 👍

You obviously didn't watch Dundee United v Hibs on Monday night. It was terrible.

17 minutes ago, henryheart said:

You obviously didn't watch Dundee United v Hibs on Monday night. It was terrible.

Well theyre no called “the shite” for nothing 😜

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I run an amateur football club and we've not even resumed contact training (we aren't allowed to train as a result of the guidance change yesterday) and have only been given a provisional date of September 11th for friendlies, with a view to the season starting at the end of October.

Meanwhile, English amateur clubs have been playing friendlies for weeks and are probably set to start their season on time.

Steps 3&4 of the National League System (Northern Premier League etc) have a FA Cup qualifying round match on September the 12th, with league season starting the following week. 

Who'da think it the blazer types at the FA piss all over their Scottish counterparts.

( Makes a change from taking golden showers off the weegies I suppose )

They would jump off the Forth bridge if they had any shame the *****.

8 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

this. We are run by incompetent corrupt arseholes

The English leagues are not necessarily 'better' overall.

Their governance, however, is world class compared with the shit show running our leagues.

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, sandyk said:

The English leagues are not necessarily 'better' overall.

Their governance, however, is world class compared with the shit show running our leagues.

That's my point.  Ta