The main stand

campbell

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. When you said twice you had no idea whether turnover meant profit I assumed you meant what you said.

Think I’ll just put you on ignore.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m not criticising  I’m just trying to look at how the money we’ve ploughed into this might bear fruit as torque suggested looking at it as a King term investment. 

im happy with the stand but have no idea if it was good value for money or not. As I said on earlier posts all big building projects seem to go miles over budget these days so no big surprise there. 

Couple of things. Who has met a lot of the overspend? 

It had to be done as we were throwing good money after bad. Ann has said it will be finished with no debt. I'm good with that. 

Another thing, proof read your posts😜😜

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You answered your own question. The distillery has been there for over 100 years. Being forced to relocate would see the govt up for a lot of money in compensation and relocation finance. If a submarine blows up in Faslane the erse cheeks are toast but it's not being forced to shut down. Apparently we all have to live together.....😆

Just seems mad that simultaneously a health hazard can be allowed to exist in a built up area yet we face H&S restrictions whilst a nursery is able to be there and a school!

Wonder if thats something that could be lobbied for.. Ian Murray SOS. 

Surely they'd be better punting the land to a developer and buying cheaper land outside the city with less travel time for deliveries etc. A housing developer would give their right nut for that land. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

It had to be done as we were throwing good money after bad. Ann has said it will be finished with no debt. I'm good with that. 

I’m half pissed so proof reading is pointless. It’s autocorrect or bust I’m afraid. As I said I’m happy with the stand. We needed a stand, we’ve got one, whether it was money well spent or good value? I’ve absolutely no idea. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

hear hear can't believe the moaning bar stewards on here as per usual. i love the new stand couldn't give a monkeys how much it costs it will make money in the long term and is the envy of the vast majority of other clubs/supporters in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m half pissed so proof reading is pointless. It’s autocorrect or bust I’m afraid. As I said I’m happy with the stand. We needed a stand, we’ve got one, whether it was money well spent or good value? I’ve absolutely no idea. 

I was joking about the proof reading obviously😂😂

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I was joking about the proof reading obviously😂😂

😂😂You’ve no idea how hard I worked on the reply. Read it back about three time’s to make sure I hadn’t made an arse of it 🍷

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😂😂You’ve no idea how hard I worked on the reply. Read it back about three time’s to make sure I hadn’t made an arse of it 🍷

Embrace the bevvy 😂😂

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just seems mad that simultaneously a health hazard can be allowed to exist in a built up area yet we face H&S restrictions whilst a nursery is able to be there and a school!

Surely they'd be better punting the land to a developer and buying cheaper land outside the city with less travel time for deliveries etc. A housing developer would give their right nut for that land. 

Two points here.

First one is how much it would cost to set up a new distillery......not cheap.

Second one is what's in it for Murray........?

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Think I’ll just put you on ignore.

Go ahead. Won't stop me trying to educate you if you keep repeating that you don't know the difference between turnover and profit.

12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Two points here.

Because he's a good Hearts man!! :D 

I was thinking more along the lines that they're pushed out of the city, not so much it being optional... Ultimately, the health and safety risk either exists or it doesn't. If it does, why are they still there? If it doesn't then we shouldn't face any health and safety issues relating to the distillery's existence. 

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Go ahead. Won't stop me trying to educate you if you keep repeating that you don't know the difference between turnover and profit.

:rofl:

35 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Yeah but folk still keep quoting him. 😩

Never put someone on ignore before so wasn’t sure how it works...... I guess if it reduces the amount of pedantic posts I see then its worth it, even if I have to see some of them. 

Edited by Disco Dave

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Never put someone on ignore before so wasn’t sure how it works...... I guess if it reduces the amount of pedantic posts I see then its worth it, even if I have to see some of them. 

You really think being in your opinion  "pedantic" is enough to put someone on ignore?  Wow. 

15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're good on these threads, full of information, sense and logic. 

What happens to you when you talk about football and Hearts ? 

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Craig Levein happened 😆

:rofl:

11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

hear hear can't believe the moaning bar stewards on here

You going to take that @Pasquale for King? :lol:

*hopes this is taken in the vein it was intended*

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

You going to take that @Pasquale for King? :lol:

*hopes this is taken in the vein it was intended*

I’m the biggest moany ***** going around 😂

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, OTT said:

14 hours ago, Section Q said:

Two points here.

The developer would need to build the new distillery first, say David Murray for instance, someone with land on the outskirts. As for Ian Murray it’s not his beat, Joanna Cherry or Ruth Davidson or Ashley Annotate our councillor. Do they not make methadone there, maybe somewhere in Leith Docks would be better for the environment in delivery terms 😜.

14 hours ago, OTT said:

It seems inevitable to me that they'll eventually relocate. Some sort of deal will be done when the time is right. It certainly would brilliant for the Gorgie area. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

It seems inevitable to me that they'll eventually relocate. Some sort of deal will be done when the time is right. It certainly would brilliant for the Gorgie area. 

Definitely. 

I wonder if the FOH pledges might be better saved and squirrelled away for that day. 

Being a bit fanciful, but considering the Fringe and European nights, it could be worth looking at building some sort of hotel when that day comes. Over the festive period, its basically a license to print money. Might also be able to act as a venue centre dragging more of the events into Gorgie, which would be good for the local economy. Its certainly food for thought. 

On 21/08/2020 at 17:51, ToqueJambo said:

Craig Levein happened 😆

Yes Craig Levein happened.....and what a feckin disaster he was for our Club! 😖

I remember in the 1920’s FA’s grandad kept going on about the Cost overrun on

the old main stand. Poor Elias got a real hard time. 🤨

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The developer would need to build the new distillery first, say David Murray for instance, someone with land on the outskirts. As for Ian Murray it’s not his beat, Joanna Cherry or Ruth Davidson or Ashley Annotate our councillor. Do they not make methadone there, maybe somewhere in Leith Docks would be better for the environment in delivery terms 😜.

That's McFarlane Smith, next site to the west of the distillery over the railway. 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's McFarlane Smith, next site to the west of the distillery over the railway. 

So it is, not like i have lived a few hundred yards away since 2001 or anything 😱🤔🤪🙈.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes Craig Levein happened.....and what a feckin disaster he was for our Club! 😖

You can’t turn on the radio without hearing him too. 

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I remember in the 1920’s FA’s grandad kept going on about the Cost overrun on

the old main stand. Poor Elias got a real hard time. 🤨

You jest Dave but I suspect you have read the chapter in Simon Inglis' s book "Engineering Archie". The parallels with the building of the replacement for Leitch's original main stand are remarkable including a doubling of the original cost estimate. Elias of course was spared the internet.

52 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You jest Dave but I suspect you have read the chapter in Simon Inglis' s book "Engineering Archie". The parallels with the building of the replacement for Leitch's original main stand are remarkable including a doubling of the original cost estimate. Elias of course was spared the internet.

And you.

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Great book and indeed there are similarities. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Brentford v Oxford Utd game the other day and they were showing off their new stadium.

My, oh, my, their seats!!! Did they get a 'job lot' from 'Seats R Us', or what? 🤣

Tynecastle is a classy and atmospheric stadium, for sure! 👍

20200905_155715.jpg

20200831_001330.jpg

20200905_161757.jpg

On 14/08/2020 at 08:27, JohnB said:

We should ask

or we could ask "Birds" for sponsorship and call it "Custards Last Stand".

Good one, JB ;)

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I watched the Brentford v Oxford Utd game the other day and they were showing off their new stadium.

My, oh, my, their seats!!! Did they get a 'job lot' from 'Seats R Us', or what? 🤣

20200905_155715.jpg

20200831_001330.jpg

20200905_161757.jpg

Totally agree. I’d take the screens though. 👍

17 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

20200905_155715.jpg

20200831_001330.jpg

20200905_161757.jpg

still not good enough for some on here.....

19 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

20200905_155715.jpg

The seat is based on the theory that if it isn't a full house it breaks up the seats on camera better than whole blocks of colour. The Gabba in Brisbane is the same and a few others I can't remember.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The seat is based on the theory that if it isn't a full house it breaks up the seats on camera better than whole blocks of colour. The Gabba in Brisbane is the same and a few others I can't remember.

Maybe we have just kept all our faded seats. Gave the same effect.

21 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

20200905_155715.jpg

20200831_001330.jpg

20200905_161757.jpg

The seats at Brentfords new ground are exactly the same as those in our new stand.

I'm all for giving Budge the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the stand, so many before her have talked the talk. 
She made it happen, and it needed to happen. As much as I loved the old lady it was no longer fit for purpose.

9 minutes ago, droid said:

I'm all for giving Budge the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the stand, so many before her have talked the talk. 
She made it happen, and it needed to happen. As much as I loved the old lady it was no longer fit for purpose.

Indeed.  I don't know the exact figures but I'm sure I read that the old stand was costing us at least £500,000 a year just to maintain.  Its almost 3 year since it was demolished so that's a fair whack that has been saved right there.  That in itself offsets a bit of the new stand going over budget.  

2 hours ago, droid said:

It was a death trap, particularly if a fire had broken out.

And he’s not praying!

I love the new stand but I can’t wait to see what we have lined up over the next few years with regards stadium improvements.

Roseburn seats, big screens, and like a few others I’d like to see the inner walls of the stands painted maroon!

God I miss the place.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It was a death trap, particularly if a fire had broken out.

It was an Absolute shite hole if we are being honest, the toilets were worse than those from trainspotting and it had a wooden floor in places. The facilities were, eh original. 

Great time in it, but thankfully it was replaced, folk unhappy with the new stand are tattie heeds. 

55 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I love the new stand but I can’t wait to see what we have lined up over the next few years with regards stadium improvements.

Roseburn seats, big screens, and like a few others I’d like to see the inner walls of the stands painted maroon!

God I miss the place.

Don’t forget the corners.