The main stand

campbell

33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There is too much support steelwork at the top of the stand to make usable corporate boxes practical - the TV studio has protruding steelwork that they had to work round.

I’ve been in it and it’s not spacious enough for a corporate bix imo. 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There is too much support steelwork at the top of the stand to make usable corporate boxes practical - the TV studio has protruding steelwork that they had to work round.

Just put them on the roof then 🤠.

23 hours ago, AndyNic said:

The windows are absolutely mockit.

Probably because it costs £100k a month to clean them :lol:

Haha I forgot about that wee gem from our resident business guru.

Bazzas right boot

I still want to see graphics on the glass like Arsenal had. 

There was a mock up of it on here, looked great. 

Various players across it. 

Shouldn't name it after anything to do with the war imo, needs to be football related. 

20 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Nah. Crass. Be proud of the club’s history but throwing it around as a badge of honour cheapens it.  

Totally agree.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, obua said:

What about graphics on the glass, do u like that idea.

Did I not say? 

I think it's a good idea, looked smart. 

Can't find the mock ups that were posted on here. 

15 hours ago, complete control said:

The Dave McKay Stand. End of.

I love him as much as any other Hearts fan but controversially I don’t feel he spent enough of his fantastic career at Hearts for this to happen. 

complete control
50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I love him as much as any other Hearts fan but controversially I don’t feel he spent enough of his fantastic career at Hearts for this to happen. 

Aye ok. What aboot the Walter Kidd stand then ?

19 minutes ago, complete control said:

Aye ok. What aboot the Walter Kidd stand then ?

Very good, hilarious even. Or maybe Willie Bauld or John Cumming? Or Tommy Walker? 

On 15/08/2020 at 14:08, obua said:

Just put them on the roof then 🤠.

No reason they can’t put them in the corners. 😏

Heartsofgold
On 15/08/2020 at 11:12, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Numquam Oblivisci Aut Dimitte Stand

Never Forgive, Never Forget?  I like it!

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Never Forgive, Never Forget?  I like it!

It could also be written on the walls next to or above or below the Blood doesn't show mural.  Or possibly the club use it as the official motto under the crest. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

On 14/08/2020 at 14:11, Queensland Jambo said:

The Sir Vladimir Stand

That would never stand up in a Lithuanian Court. 

15 minutes ago, sac said:

FoH stand, then change the o to a T after a couple of weeks when no ones looking.

FOH(obboes) sounds ok to me!

FOH FOH FOH Only Hearts!

4 hours ago, jb102 said:

No reason they can’t put them in the corners. 😏

Just a jungle of steelwork......

If we're genuinely looking for a serious answer, 'The Foundation of Hearts Stand' is the most appropriate choice, its not exactly  'jazzy' but it does the job. Fans poured money in to make this possible. There really isn't another option. The benefactors also contributed massively, but we don't know who all of them are and I don't think James Anderson would be massively comfortable with the stand being named after him, and Budge isn't going to name the stand after herself because.. I don't need to explain the optics of that (right? :D). 

If a company had helped fund it we could have done that, but that option isn't open because it didn't happen. Beyond that, maybe talking club legends? Tommy Walker, Dave Mackay? Not sure it fits though. 

'The Foundation of Hearts Stand' in similar lettering to 'Tynecastle Park' on the exterior of the main stand glass facade, however, I'd rather it was above the badge with 'Tynecastle Park' below it. Probably also worth noting its excellent advertising and some graphics could be added later down the line. 

Heart of Midlothian - Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh, Edinburgh ...

Hackney Hearts
5 hours ago, oxfordman said:

The Should Have Been 10 Stand?

The Famous Five "Should Have Been 10" Stand

👍

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

135 games for Hearts and won the 57-58 title with a GD of over 100. Yes, he played twice as many games for Spurs, but given that Mackay made his

love of Hearts clear throughout his life, including the ‘always Hearts’ quote, I think we’d be entirely justified in naming a stand after him.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

If we're genuinely looking for a serious answer, 'The Foundation of Hearts Stand' is the most appropriate choice, its not exactly  'jazzy' but it does the job. Fans poured money in to make this possible. There really isn't another option. The benefactors also contributed massively, but we don't know who all of them are and I don't think James Anderson would be massively comfortable with the stand being named after him, and Budge isn't going to name the stand after herself because.. I don't need to explain the optics of that (right? :D). 

If a company had helped fund it we could have done that, but that option isn't open because it didn't happen. Beyond that, maybe talking club legends? Tommy Walker, Dave Mackay? Not sure it fits though. 

'The Foundation of Hearts Stand' in similar lettering to 'Tynecastle Park' on the exterior of the main stand glass facade, however, I'd rather it was above the badge with 'Tynecastle Park' below it. Probably also worth noting its excellent advertising and some graphics could be added later down the line. 

Heart of Midlothian - Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh, Edinburgh ...

We already have ‘Foundation Plaza’

Unknown user
On 14/08/2020 at 11:51, Libertarian said:

I took my wife to the Skyline restaurant in December for the Aberdeen game and it was excellent. We accessed the restaurant from the ground floor by a lift. I'm not sure if there is an escalator in the building or if all the floors are complete but we did have a really enjoyable afternoon at the Skyline. My wife though drank enough champagne to sink the Titanic.

I'm pretty sure the escalator did get installed, I think I saw photos. But I've never heard of anyone saying they've seen it on and working, I cant help wondering if there's something wrong with it, or is it maybe just that it goes up to the 2nd floor and there's nothing there yet?

5 hours ago, sac said:

FoH stand, then change the o to a T after a couple of weeks when no ones looking.

Brilliant.

Any money made from sponsorship of the main stand should go towards re-glazing the outside with something with a less 70's office block look to it.

Graphics on the glass would help I suppose, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.

I find it weird how some fans are down on the main stand. It’s so unbelievably better than anything else in Scotland outside of the OF, and in some ways better than theirs. In particular I find folk slagging the aesthetics of it really strange. Compare how it looks to Easter Road or Pittodrie? It’s in a different stratosphere. It compliments and completes the stadium nicely too. Looks compact and sturdy. It really is a fantastic stadium. When folk try and slag how it looks, I generally put it down to them being the sort of dimwits who stand in the boozer in the company of Hibs supporters all day. The sort who laugh along with them when they slag Hearts off, not realising it’s out of jealousy.

Edited by Beast Boy

:cornette:

I mean, imagine this was what we had. Looks like a small industrial estate with four differently shaped units, all spaced oddly apart. In the first photo, they’ve even built what looks like a small block of flats at the side of it. :lol:

2F5E18D1-AFBC-4DF2-9091-473531578657.jpeg

7627AC4B-1908-4EB1-847D-7F309BCCA845.jpeg

67F55EA5-F3EA-432A-B738-63622F69ECFD.jpeg

5A5467A8-8801-4B72-8FC4-3BAB6B777E8A.jpeg

Edited by Beast Boy

What about the "Jose Quitongo ImAwayForaShyte" stand. 

After-all it was that stand he famously ran down. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

The thing that really stands out in those photos is the wasted space the old school now occupies. Are there any plans to do anything with it?

Cant remember exactly, but was there not talk of us getting first refusal on it if it was sold? I may be imagining that... something sticks in my mind though...

Big Slim Stylee
On 14/08/2020 at 20:56, Jambos_1874 said:

In terms of the name of the stand in an ideal world I would like it to be named in such a way to reflect the sacrifices that the team made during WW1. What they did will never be surpassed on or off the park and naming the stand in their honour would be an amazing gesture by this great club. 

Tacky. We’re a football club and  it’s a stand for a football fans not a war memorial.

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Tacky. We’re a football club and  it’s a stand for a football fans not a war memorial.

Yeah, I’d sooner we didn’t go down the WWI route either. Personally, I’d rather we sought naming rights for the stadium, and named the main stand after a great player or trio of players or something along those lines. Keep Tynecastle Park in the name, but prefix or suffix it with a sponsor.

Bazzas right boot

Anyone got the mic up photos of the graphics on the glass that were posted on the mega thread? 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Yeah, I’d sooner we didn’t go down the WWI route either. Personally, I’d rather we sought naming rights for the stadium, and named the main stand after a great player or trio of players or something along those lines. Keep Tynecastle Park in the name, but prefix or suffix it with a sponsor.

Sponsorship all the way for me mate if possible. You never know, with a bit extra cash we might even be able to finish it!

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm pretty sure the escalator did get installed, I think I saw photos. But I've never heard of anyone saying they've seen it on and working, I cant help wondering if there's something wrong with it, or is it maybe just that it goes up to the 2nd floor and there's nothing there yet?

The escalator was installed. Not sure if it’s operational.

8 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Any money made from sponsorship of the main stand should go towards re-glazing the outside with something with a less 70's office block look to it.

Graphics on the glass would help I suppose, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.

Not sure what you have in mind but replacing the glazed facade would cost upwards of £3m and cause huge disruption to the operation of the stand fans bar, Club shop, hospitality suites.

8 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

I find it weird how some fans are down on the main stand. It’s so unbelievably better than anything else in Scotland outside of the OF, and in some ways better than theirs. In particular I find folk slagging the aesthetics of it really strange. Compare how it looks to Easter Road or Pittodrie? It’s in a different stratosphere. It compliments and completes the stadium nicely too. Looks compact and sturdy. It really is a fantastic stadium. When folk try and slag how it looks, I generally put it down to them being the sort of dimwits who stand in the boozer in the company of Hibs supporters all day. The sort who laugh along with them when they slag Hearts off, not realising it’s out of jealousy.

My thoughts entirely - some seem to have delusions of grandeur with regards to the design with no thought of cost and the ridiculously tight programme to install the glass facade.

David McCaig
7 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

The thing that really stands out in those photos is the wasted space the old school now occupies. Are there any plans to do anything with it?

Highly dependent on whether I win the Euromillions on a quadruple rollover week!!!

In which case, I’m sticking an lengthening the Main and Wheatfield Stands with an extra section and rebuilding the Roseburn Stand as a giant Tynecastle Kop.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My thoughts entirely - some seem to have delusions of grandeur with regards to the design with no thought of cost and the ridiculously tight programme to install the glass facade.

Nice mention of the glass facade. 😄

Just now, davemclaren said:

Nice mention of the glass facade. 😄

That is the target for the criticism on here Dave.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Surely the most sensible solution would be to wrap the facade in the same way as the windows of the clubstore