The main stand

campbell

1 hour ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I love the new stand but I can’t wait to see what we have lined up over the next few years with regards stadium improvements.

Roseburn seats, big screens, and like a few others I’d like to see the inner walls of the stands painted maroon!

God I miss the place.

Maroon trees.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I love the new stand but I can’t wait to see what we have lined up over the next few years with regards stadium improvements.

Roseburn seats, big screens, and like a few others I’d like to see the inner walls of the stands painted maroon!

God I miss the place.

Same. Theres a real chance to build for the future and show a bit of ambition. Increased capacity could really help create a gap between ourselves and the rest in trying to tie up 3rd more consistently. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  I don't know the exact figures but I'm sure I read that the old stand was costing us at least £500,000 a year just to maintain.  Its almost 3 year since it was demolished so that's a fair whack that has been saved right there.  That in itself offsets a bit of the new stand going over budget.  

Maintenance of the new stand costs more than the old. Not surprising because there is a lot more of it.

It needed replacing but calling the old stand a "death trap" and "shite hole" is a bit OTT.

40 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Being honest, I don’t want the insides of the stands painted maroon. Like it as it is. 🤷‍♂️

Totally agree, think it would be too much.

Wonder when they'll replace the old hearts badge on the South side of the Wheatfield. It looks a bit silly, needs replacing.

2 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

God I miss the place.

The screens at the Veltins Arena (Schalke 04) are the biz. 👍 Here's a photo from the Schalke v Dortmund Derby last September (which was flippin' amazing for SO many reasons.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was an Absolute shite hole if we are being honest, the toilets were worse than those from trainspotting and it had a wooden floor in places. The facilities were, eh original. 

Great time in it, but thankfully it was replaced, folk unhappy with the new stand are tattie heeds. 

I loved our previous ST seats in the Willie Bauld Suite but had a bleedin' stanchion right in front of me that meant having to bob my head left/right at every corner taken from below the police box. Believe me, the view from the middle of the new main stand is far superior. Having said that, I've often taken tickets in the Wheatfield for cup games just for a change and that stand has equally good views.

20200906_201516.jpg

13 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Wonder when they'll replace the old hearts badge on the South side of the Wheatfield. It looks a bit silly, needs replacing.

Christ aye. That is overdue sorting. 🙄

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

The seat is based on the theory that if it isn't a full house it breaks up the seats on camera better than whole blocks of colour. The Gabba in Brisbane is the same and a few others I can't remember.

That's kinda what I was thinking; but I still reckon that it looks like a mish-mash. I would have simply used their typical home kit strip as inspiration and had red/white stripes. Our HEARTS emblems are far superior. Just more classy, methinks.

20200906_200500.jpg

And he’s not praying!
39 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Think it would make the place feel even more enclosed and intimidating.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Maintenance of the new stand costs more than the old. Not surprising because there is a lot more of it.

It needed replacing but calling the old stand a "death trap" and "shite hole" is a bit OTT.

Wasn’t as panoramic tbf.

8 hours ago, droid said:

I'm all for giving Budge the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the stand, so many before her have talked the talk. 
She made it happen, and it needed to happen. As much as I loved the old lady it was no longer fit for purpose.

The old lady... 🙈

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It was a shite hole - those toilets!! 🤮

As for being a death trap it was becoming more and more difficult to get an annual safety certificate.

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

It was a death trap, some of us can face upto the truth. As someone who has been attending Tynecastle since 1965, the facilities now are a very vast improvement on what went for facilities right upto the mid 90s.

Would you still prefer to be pissed on up your back in the shed?

8 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

Source ?

TW

The new stand brings in vast amounts more than the old one, through it's improved facilities. No idea if the maintenance costs are more than the old one, but if they are, I would assume that would be one off costs for snagging and finishing it, and things like servicing the new facilities. Be interested to read @Francis Albert's reply (a first for everything i suppose).

15 hours ago, obua said:

Don’t forget the corners.

Would love the corners to be 'filled in'... would probably take capacity up to around 25,000. Don't know if it would be viable though - huge amount of work involved (unless the stands were built with future expansion in mind.)

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Would love the corners to be 'filled in'... would probably take capacity up to around 25,000. Don't know if it would be viable though - huge amount of work involved (unless the stands were built with future expansion in mind.)

Not this old chestnut again! 🙈

On 05/09/2020 at 16:19, Wee Mikey said:

I watched the Brentford v Oxford Utd game the other day and they were showing off their new stadium.

My, oh, my, their seats!!! Did they get a 'job lot' from 'Seats R Us', or what? 🤣

Tynecastle is a classy and atmospheric stadium, for sure! 👍

20200905_155715.jpg

...looks like an image from Football Manager!

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not this old chestnut again! 🙈

Well.... excuuuusse me for being a newbie!😩

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Well.... excuuuusse me for being a newbie!😩

Nothing wrong with what you posted. He’s just a bit sensitive about the stand, as he put the windaes in it. It’s been covered a lot previously though. Would be very expensive as you’d have to find a new way to keep the roof up as the floodlight pylons currently do that job. Worth remembering people also said we wouldn’t even be able to build a new main stand, so I don’t believe for a second it’s be impossible. Just bloody expensive. Maybe in the future when we have to replace the other three stands it could be factored in.

32 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Nothing wrong with what you posted. He’s just a bit sensitive about the stand, as he put the windaes in it. It’s been covered a lot previously though. Would be very expensive as you’d have to find a new way to keep the roof up as the floodlight pylons currently do that job. Worth remembering people also said we wouldn’t even be able to build a new main stand, so I don’t believe for a second it’s be impossible. Just bloody expensive. Maybe in the future when we have to replace the other three stands it could be factored in.

👍

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Not enough space around the stadium to fill the corners in.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Source ?

TW

This was the topic of a thread getting on for two years ago. Someone who sounded authoritative (he may have had something to do with the project) said it. The discussion then moved on, the premise being generally accepted, to why this was. And it is pretty obvious. The new stand is far bigger and far more complicated with far more stuff in it (electronics, heating and ventilation, catering equipment, toilet facilities, even an escalator etc etc). It is not an issue as long as the increased revenue from the new facilities cover it.

I don't have my own Lawssier to hand so can't be more specific on source. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This was the topic of a thread getting on for two years ago. Someone who sounded authoritative (he may have had something to do with the project) said it. The discussion then moved on, the premise being generally accepted, to why this was. And it is pretty obvious. The new stand is far bigger and far more complicated with far more stuff in it (electronics, heating and ventilation, catering equipment, toilet facilities, even an escalator etc etc). It is not an issue as long as the increased revenue from the new facilities cover it.

I don't have my own Lawssier to hand so can't be more specific on source. Sorry.

Or, you just made it up. 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Strangely enough I don't give a **** what you think. Sorry again.

Calm down Franny. It’s just a message board. 

4 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Could you re-phrase “he put the windaes in” please! 😳😉

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

See @Rogue Daddy? Sensitive. :(

Okay, just for you bud:

He put the windaes in the glass curtain. ;) 

Very nice it is too. It’s grown on me a lot since I got over the original concept drawings not being affordable, and I’ve learned to really appreciate the lines. I think it looks best from an angle when the curve reflects the tenements on Gorgie Road. The main thing for me though, is that it looks like the front of the stadium. It gives it balance. You look at Tynecastle and you know straight away which stand is the front entrance and main stand. 

We have a fantastic stadium now, and I can’t wait until some of the other trimmings are completed. 

Edited by Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

See @Rogue Daddy? Sensitive. :(

Okay, just for you bud:

He put the windaes in the glass curtain. ;) 

Very nice it is too. It’s grown on me a lot since I got over the original concept drawings not being affordable, and I’ve learned to really appreciate the lines. I think it looks best from an angle when the curve reflects the tenements on Gorgie Road. The main thing for me though, is that it looks like the front of the stadium. It gives it balance. You look at Tynecastle and you know straight away which stand is the front entrance and main stand. 

We have a fantastic stadium now, and I can wait until some of the other trimmings are completed. 

🤣🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🤔🤔

As in “he put ma windaes in wi a half brick!” 🙉

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As in “he put ma windaes in wi a half brick!” 🙉

:lol: 

Maybe where you come from Tam, my good man. 

:verysmug:

2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The cost of maintenance on the new stand must be huge due to the window cleaning required. :(

£100k seemingly.....

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They are ........ smashin’ windaes!

On 06/09/2020 at 20:28, Wee Mikey said:

The screens at the Veltins Arena (Schalke 04) are the biz. 👍 Here's a photo from the Schalke v Dortmund Derby last September (which was flippin' amazing for SO many reasons.

I loved our previous ST seats in the Willie Bauld Suite but had a bleedin' stanchion right in front of me that meant having to bob my head left/right at every corner taken from below the police box. Believe me, the view from the middle of the new main stand is far superior. Having said that, I've often taken tickets in the Wheatfield for cup games just for a change and that stand has equally good views.

20200906_201516.jpg

I also loved the Willie Bauld suite as my ST’s were in the back row which meant I could stand up during the game and not affect the persons view behind me. Also had a stanchion to spoil the view but it was along the Roseburn end. Got used to it and easier to Bob and weave when standing up.  Actually preferred the old lounge if I’m honest but the views now are far superior to the old lady.

Getting melancholy just thinking about it and can’t wait to get back to watching games again. 

On 07/09/2020 at 12:38, Beast Boy said:

Nothing wrong with what you posted. He’s just a bit sensitive about the stand, as he put the windaes in it. 

Don't mention the windaes FFS 😬

13 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I also loved the Willie Bauld suite as my ST’s were in the back row which meant I could stand up during the game and not affect the persons view behind me. Also had a stanchion to spoil the view but it was along the Roseburn end. Got used to it and easier to Bob and weave when standing up.  Actually preferred the old lounge if I’m honest but the views now are far superior to the old lady.

Getting melancholy just thinking about it and can’t wait to get back to watching games again. 

My pals and I were also in the back row of the Willie Bauld Suite for a number of years. It used to have a nice Hearts fans members atmosphere, then we walked in on day to find nearly every table taken up by Celtic fans. We complained and were told by a well known member of staff “they’ve paid their money same as you”!

We are now all in the Wheatfield.

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My pals and I were also in the back row of the Willie Bauld Suite for a number of years. It used to have a nice Hearts fans members atmosphere, then we walked in on day to find nearly every table taken up by Celtic fans. We complained and were told by a well known member of staff “they’ve paid their money same as you”!

It’s not the first time that’s happened. I was given a warning for having a heated debate with the same mhanky mob a few years ago. More or less told the same thing. Could probably guess who the staff member was.

I’m not against visiting fans in the lounges but the rules are there for all to follow and the conduct of some of them is well below the accepted level of tolerance imo. 

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It’s not the first time that’s happened. I was given a warning for having a heated debate with the same mhanky mob a few years ago. More or less told the same thing. Could probably guess who the staff member was.

I’m not against visiting fans in the lounges but the rules are there for all to follow and the conduct of some of them is well below the accepted level of tolerance imo. 

Hopefully this is no longer a thing with new ownership. Also hoping the staff member is no longer there. 

Bazzas right boot
On 06/09/2020 at 18:56, Francis Albert said:

No way that can be true. 

Thankfully it has been replaced, so we'll never know if it was a death trap but it was a shite hole, especially compared to what we have now. 

It looked like Dundee's old main stand - shite hole. 

14 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Hopefully this is no longer a thing with new ownership. Also hoping the staff member is no longer there. 

He is - and in a senior position

Without knowing who you are talking about. That was a shocking attitude to take if they were acting up. Were they in a senior position at that time? Or would the instructions have come from above him?