The main stand

campbell

I was flicking through the thread on the building of the new main stand and it got me thinking just how much of the main stand needs to be completed are all the floors completed and in use, are the doors at the back of the stand open is the escalator functioning etc, I live in London and not been in tynie since the Livingston scottish cup game so I’ve missed some of the completed work. Any updates/ pictures really would be great! 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, campbell said:

I was flicking through the thread on the building of the new main stand and it got me thinking just how much of the main stand needs to be completed are all the floors completed and in use, are the doors at the back of the stand open is the escalator functioning etc, I live in London and not been in tynie since the Livingston scottish cup game so I’ve missed some of the completed work. Any updates/ pictures really would be great! 

I took my wife to the Skyline restaurant in December for the Aberdeen game and it was excellent. We accessed the restaurant from the ground floor by a lift. I'm not sure if there is an escalator in the building or if all the floors are complete but we did have a really enjoyable afternoon at the Skyline. My wife though drank enough champagne to sink the Titanic.

17 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Budge spotted 11am today in Executive Room with 3 others (inc one female) some meeting going on the 1st floor.

Reps from Hull and Millwall regarding club mergers and joining the English leagues apparently....

6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Reps from Hull and Millwall regarding club mergers and joining the English leagues apparently....

🤔😄

I think the second floor is still vacant, and work needs to be done to fit it out. They changed their initial design realising how much room they were going to have. Ann said at the last AGM (I think I remember correctly) that they have a plan for what they want to do with it now, but needed the funding in place before moving ahead. 

6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Eric Hogg was there, but I couldn’t see the other guy clearly - mid 30s.

1 minute ago, Manny1874 said:

I think the second floor is still vacant, and work needs to be done to fit it out. They changed their initial design realising how much room they were going to have. Ann said at the last AGM (I think I remember correctly) that they have a plan for what they want to do with it now, but needed the funding in place before moving ahead. 

And given the current climate, I would imagine that spend is being well and truly kicked down the line now. I’m assuming it was more conference/events type space and there isn’t going to be much demand for that any time soon.

We should ask

9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

In light of recent events, I'd suggest

The Little Big Horn stand

or we could ask "Birds" for sponsorship and call it "Custards Last Stand".

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, JohnB said:

We should ask

or we could ask "Birds" for sponsorship and call it "Custards Last Stand".

Captain Birdseye to be played by a woman for first time in 53 years

31 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Captain Birdseye to be played by a woman for first time in 53 years

Captain Birdseye....  Going to take 20 young boys on a boat.....  God age makes you cynical.....🤐

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

In light of recent events, I'd suggest

The Little Big Horn stand

What happened to the Kenneth Williams emoji?

2 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Budge spotted 11am today in Executive Room with 3 others (inc one female) some meeting going on the 1st floor.

Not the catchiest name. Would need to receive a really big fee to call it that.

Just now, AndyNic said:

The windows are absolutely mockit.

Probably because it costs £100k a month to clean them :lol:

Can't remember the poster that originally said this but was very funny at the time. 

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Can't remember the poster that originally said this but was very funny at the time. 

It was the guy who hates/8s everything, but his own club more than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It was the guy who hates/8s everything, but his own club more than anything else.

Yes! I remember now :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

JKB whip round to sponsor a name for the stand? The Doncaster GTF stand 

Stole my thunder.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

The 'Neil Doncaster is a specky duck looking greasy haired nonce' Stand.

Winner

I've done an impromptu tour of the main stand. For all the shite Budge has to put up with in regards to it being half finished etc, what is done and what's going to be done is nothing short of spectacular.

There is an escalator but that part of the building is not in use as of yet.

I think where Hearts were cut short was just how much space they ended up having. I've got pictures somewhere I'll put up if I can.

On. A side note, where the new tv studio has been fitted out, the tour guide was adamant that there are hospitality boxes to follow(looking out on to the pitch)

Not something I've ever heard the club mention before.

Edited by droid

gorgie rd eh11
4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

😄 Aye you could employ a few full time guys for that money just to clean the stand windows.

gorgie rd eh11
6 minutes ago, droid said:

I've done an impromptu tour of the main stand. For all the shite Budge has to put up with in regards to it being half finished etc, what is done and what's going to be done is nothing short of spectacular.

I think where Hearts were cut short was just how much space they ended up having. I've got pictures somewhere I'll put up if I can.

On. A side note, where the new tv studio has been fitted out, the tour guide was adamant that there are hospitality boxes to follow(looking out on to the pitch)

It's far and away the best football stand in Edinburgh but whiners going to whine.

18 minutes ago, droid said:

Thats brilliant. Didn't realise that had been included. 

SomethingAboutObua

Would really like us to 1. properly rename it and 2. get a sponsor added onto the name. TBH would happily support Tynecastle's naming rights being sponsored as well. It's not as if anyone's actually calling it the BT Murrayfield stadium, and as long as we didn't go down the mad route of the CBD Oil Vape Stadium or whatever, I'd welcome the money.

In terms of the name of the stand in an ideal world I would like it to be named in such a way to reflect the sacrifices that the team made during WW1. What they did will never be surpassed on or off the park and naming the stand in their honour would be an amazing gesture by this great club. 

Tommy Walker
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

In terms of the name of the stand in an ideal world I would like it to be named in such a way to reflect the sacrifices that the team made during WW1. What they did will never be surpassed on or off the park and naming the stand in their honour would be an amazing gesture by this great club. 

Simply

McCrae's

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 hours ago, OTT said:

The 'Neil Doncaster is a specky duck looking greasy haired nonce' Stand.

The "Everybody Hates Us, We Don't Care Stand"

(With apologies to Millwall FC).

5 hours ago, droid said:

I would take the tour guides comments with a pinch of salt.

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Nah. Crass. Be proud of the club’s history but throwing it around as a badge of honour cheapens it.  

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It is possible to put boxes above the stairs at both ends, could be one for the future when things pick up.

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yeah, they do seem to like embellishing things a bit. 😄

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
22 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's unofficially called the Overspend Stand.

:lol:

good idea about the bank account now one-liners that are actually funny

you’re improving 

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:lol:

good idea about the bank account now one-liners that are actually funny

you’re improving 

You found that post funny ?

get yourself back out m8 ,things are opening up again . 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah, they do seem to like embellishing things a bit. 😄

Surprised he didnt add that the corners were going to be getting “filled in”. 😂

1 hour ago, obua said:

It is possible to put boxes above the stairs at both ends, could be one for the future when things pick up.

There is too much support steelwork at the top of the stand to make usable corporate boxes practical - the TV studio has protruding steelwork that they had to work round.

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, droid said:

I've never heard about that either, and it definitely wasn't in any of the original plans that were going about. The only thing I've heard from Hearts is that there are supposed to a few private hospitality suites/rooms but not overlooking the pitch, the idea being to cater for the odd group that might want to have their food, drink, etc privately rather than together with a larger group in the Gorgie Suite or similar.  If the tour guide is correct, I suspect that it's been the case that putting in the TV studio and seeing how that's worked in terms of the view, the access, the cost and feasibility of the construction involved, etc, has maybe made people in the club realise that it's an option when they maybe thought before that it wouldn't be feasible. 

The tour guide may have been talking nonsense of course! 

FarmerTweedy
33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

There is too much support steelwork at the top of the stand to make usable corporate boxes practical - the TV studio has protruding steelwork that they had to work round.

Spoilsport!