New Away Strip

Batistuta87

I don't expect anyone under the age of 60 to agree with me, but the Hearts change kit should always be a white shirt, maroon shorts, white socks. It should only be worn when there is a clash with the opponents and as before the mid 80's, it should be the home team that changes. Oh the excitement of seeing Hearts running out at Tynecastle in those white and maroon collared shirts when Aberdeen were in town! Why Hearts have to wear a garish blue top when playing against the orange and black of Alloa is beyond me..... well actually it is not, its about selling replica kits, but it doesn't make it right.  

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, henryheart said:

I don't expect anyone under the age of 60 to agree with me, but the Hearts change kit should always be a white shirt, maroon shorts, white socks. It should only be worn when there is a clash with the opponents and as before the mid 80's, it should be the home team that changes. Oh the excitement of seeing Hearts running out at Tynecastle in those white and maroon collared shirts when Aberdeen were in town! Why Hearts have to wear a garish blue top when playing against the orange and black of Alloa is beyond me..... well actually it is not, its about selling replica kits, but it doesn't make it right.  

i don’t agree we should be limited to 2 colours..

I do agree we should do white and maroon more often, and a candy stripe.. I do agree that this seasons away effort is an absolute horror show, and we have had a few of them - the roseberry 😆

Our strips should always be classy. Not tarty 👍🏻

the black kit for instance is up there with one of our best ever. And black is a part of our history as we frequently  used to wear black socks 

19 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I still have nightmares featuring that bloody Jonah strip 😡

A fair few good results for Hearts wearing that strip, a couple of decent draws at Ibrox and Pittodrie, a famous victory at Pittodrie and of course Champions of Ingleston wearing it.

imageproxy.jpeg

Just now, dannymack said:

A fair few good results for Hearts wearing that strip, a couple of decent draws at Ibrox and Pittodrie, a famous victory at Pittodrie and of course Champions of Ingleston wearing it.

imageproxy.jpeg

We also won at Ibrox wearing it , point stands the big ones we lost at the end of that season are ones that cause the nightmares 😂

52 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I do agree we should do white and maroon more often, and a candy stripe.. I do agree that this seasons away effort is an absolute horror show, and we have had a few of them - the roseberry 😆

the black kit for instance is up there with one of our best ever. And black is a part of our history as we frequently  used to wear black socks 

Keep it simple and of course a simple reverse for the away strip

Pasquale_Bruno_-_Torino_1992-93.jpg

3 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

We also won at Ibrox wearing it , point stands the big ones we lost at the end of that season are ones that cause the nightmares 😂

Only remember drawing at Ibrox, 1-1. 

The 0-2 victory,  December 85 Hearts were wearing maroon👍

Just now, dannymack said:

Only remember drawing at Ibrox, 1-1. 

The 0-2 victory,  December 85 Hearts were wearing maroon👍

1-1 was a different season was it not ? In 85/86 they beat us 3-1 in the first game we finished with 9 men in maroon and I’m sure in December 85 we wore silver maybe old age playing tricks on me 😂👍

57 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

1-1 was a different season was it not ? In 85/86 they beat us 3-1 in the first game we finished with 9 men in maroon and I’m sure in December 85 we wore silver maybe old age playing tricks on me 😂👍

Yes mate, 1-1 draw was 84/85 and a drab 0-0 draw 83/84, for some reason or other Hearts wore maroon at Ibrox 85/86.

Auld age is included in life's contract therefore no punishment will be given 🤣🤣

On 18/01/2021 at 20:01, henryheart said:

Well said. 👍

On 18/01/2021 at 22:25, kingantti1874 said:

Glad you agree our strips should be classy - nothing classier than the famous maroon and white!

TBH black socks is a bit of a tenuous link to an all black strip.

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Glad you agree our strips should be classy - nothing classier than the famous maroon and white!

none the less it is one of the top 5 kits we’ve ever released, and I believe I am correct in saying it has sold more than any other with the exception of the 14/15 home kit? 

evidence for not limiting ourself to 2 colours.. but staying classy is a must

39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This seasons strip would be really dull in reverse/white.

The current away is strip is ok IMO. We've definitely had better and we've also had a lot worse. 

On 18/01/2021 at 20:57, Walrus said:

1186972626_heartsaway1.jpg.f575cf483522984f567f6069784c8440.thumb.jpg.42c309763c4eda756f0514c86c260d13.jpg

Offt.... Sploosh 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻💦💦💦💦

Edited by Fraggle

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

This seasons strip would be really dull in reverse/white.

The current away is strip is ok IMO. We've definitely had better and we've also had a lot worse. 

You see that’s where I disagree - the famous maroon and white is never “dull”.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

none the less it is one of the top 5 kits we’ve ever released, and I believe I am correct in saying it has sold more than any other with the exception of the 14/15 home kit? 

evidence for not limiting ourself to 2 colours.. but staying classy is a must

I get the commercial

angle and the all black strip may have been popular as something younger fans like to wear socially or on holiday rather than see their team wearing it.

I’m a traditionalist and always want to see Hearts wearing dark maroon and white - the reverse away strip is sharp and classy, and of course invokes memories of that great day in 1998.

PeterHaringsPonytail

Those white section of the sleeves on this years away kit takes a fairly forgettable kit and make it worse. The whole white under armour when it’s blue and maroon makes no sense. It’s not a million miles away from “ok” but the additions of the white on the sleeves make it worse. If they were maroon or not there, it’d be better. Not good, but better.

And for what it is worth I’m all for tradition where the away kit should be polar-opposite of the home. Where it’s maroon, it’s white and where it’s white it’s maroon. Worked in 98. But then the 96 away kit and the Inter kit are also tremendous! I’m all for out the box as long as it works. The black third kit is sexy. There’s no denying that!

Also, while I’m at it, bring back collars. Sick of v-necks. I’m too old to have too much back/neck and chest hair exposed! Hahaha

Perth to Paisley

Anybody who 

On 18/01/2021 at 19:25, Smithee said:

And yet you knew exactly what he meant ffs

1 the full name is Football Club Internazionale Milano, you even posted it yourself in your #4

2 no one ever said it was a direct copy

3 see #1, plus it's what the footballing world outside Italy has called them for decades

4 so?

1. Anybody who cares about Italian football (which i do) have been been frustrated about this for years 

2. It has been referred to the Inter Milan version ... it's as close to the Newcastle strip!

Black and another colour.

3. Maybe the case but their fans have railed against it for years and their opinion counts more than ours!

4. How would you havd felt if Vladimir decided we would play in green... changing the name is a very big deal for them.

They will rebel against the Chinese owner.

Particularly now there is a club called Inter Miami

As an aside there was a question on The Chase last week. The answer was 'AC'. The lady just said "Milan" , she was asked which one, she said Inter ... Milan should have been enough as the other doesn't exist.

😉

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I get the commercial

angle and the all black strip may have been popular as something younger fans like to wear socially or on holiday rather than see their team wearing it.

I’m a traditionalist and always want to see Hearts wearing dark maroon and white - the reverse away strip is sharp and classy, and of course invokes memories of that great day in 1998.

yep - just if they view it doesn’t need to be very season though, every second season back to white / maroon (the one on this page is a belter).  

but I think we agree on no more turquoise blue, pink or yellow hooped monstrosities. 

7 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Anybody who 

1. Anybody who cares about Italian football (which i do) have been been frustrated about this for years 

2. It has been referred to the Inter Milan version ... it's as close to the Newcastle strip!

Black and another colour.

3. Maybe the case but their fans have railed against it for years and their opinion counts more than ours!

4. How would you havd felt if Vladimir decided we would play in green... changing the name is a very big deal for them.

They will rebel against the Chinese owner.

Particularly now there is a club called Inter Miami

As an aside there was a question on The Chase last week. The answer was 'AC'. The lady just said "Milan" , she was asked which one, she said Inter ... Milan should have been enough as the other doesn't exist.

😉

It's completely innocuous, if someone says they're hoping for another inter Milan as our away, EVERYONE knows what's being said, everyone. 

You brought it up, yet you yourself got their name wrong while complaining that people get their name wrong. It doesn't matter, just like it doesn't matter that Ajax are actually Amsterdamsche Football Club Ajax, it's the commonly used international name. 

Years of their history are not being wiped out by the way.