Scottish Cup

Jammy T

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Yes they did but they weren't short of fitness and match practice like we'll be. 

Fair point. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• CavySlaveJambo

• Last Laff

alwaysthereinspirit
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He will get a chance, to beat Hibs. I wouldn’t say we shouldn’t be near winning it, they beat us twice when they were in the league below us didn’t they?

Wow, does your wife still scream his name in her sleep.

Bitterness doesn't even come close to what ails you. 

The Treasurer

Maybe we should request that sellik the sheep and the vermin stop training as it gives them an "unfair advantage" . Can't have one rule for the championship and a different one for the SC

Edited by The Treasurer

pettigrewsstylist

We should not play competitive  games we have been unfairly and deliberately disadvantaged in preparation for. 

complete control
On 15/08/2020 at 21:02, pettigrewsstylist said:

We should not play competitive  games we have been unfairly and deliberately disadvantaged in preparation for. 

For this farce of a cup bet365 have the betting to win it as tims 4/9 hibs 5/1 Aberdeen 6/1 Hearts 9/1. No betting yet for the semis games. 

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, complete control said:

For this farce of a cup bet365 have the betting to win it as tims 4/9 hibs 5/1 Aberdeen 6/1 Hearts 9/1. No betting yet for the semis games. 

We might take a sore one as things stand at mo!

There is still two months to go before this game. 

We could be enjoying a flying start to the season with players still fresh and hungry also with a sense of injustice  thrown in. 

Hibs early form could / will have disappeared and they could have built up an injury list from all the extra games. 

Pity there will be no fans there to see us hump them. 👍

iwasthere1954
On 14/08/2020 at 18:26, OTT said:

Reject participating in it. Its a glorified PR exercise for Celtic to collect another trophy. 

The season ended. Full stop. 

We're being asked to risk players who won't be at match fitness in a high pressure fixture against our local rivals for what? So Celtic can get handed another trophy? **** that. Total waste of our time, money and energy. We're now not even allowed to train to try and get ready for it. 

I know people don't like this idea, but its a total nonsense. Relegate us but expect us to turn up to fulfil your TV fixture contract? Piss off. 

Withdraw Ann. Come on. 

I don't know what the punishment would be but I'm sure it wouldn't be a £2,500.00 fine. Possible removal from the league. Who knows.

1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I don't know what the punishment would be but I'm sure it wouldn't be a £2,500.00 fine. Possible removal from the league. Who knows.

That's just what some nutters want. 

We could always go begging to the 8th tier in English football to let is in to their league. 

Or we could just get fired into Hibs and  book a cup final place for the second year running. 

1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

The SFA don’t run the league...SPFL do. They are the only ones who can throw us out  of the league.

However, I dare say there is something in the SFA rules of the SC about not turning up for a tie. The penalty for that would normally be a 3-0 W/O for the opposition.
However, I don’t doubt for one minute, the SFA would try to crucify us. 
It’s still very tempting to tell them to ram it, but both Robbie and Craig Gordon have said how much they are looking forward to it, so we’ll not be pulling out.

4 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

The SFA don’t run the league...SPFL do. They are the only ones who can throw us out  of the league.

However, I dare say there is something in the SFA rules of the SC about not turning up for a tie. The penalty for that would normally be a 3-0 W/O for the opposition.
However, I don’t doubt for one minute, the SFA would try to crucify us. 
It’s still very tempting to tell them to ram it, but both Robbie and Craig Gordon have said how much they are looking forward to it, so we’ll not be pulling out.

i'm sure the sfa can suspend our licence which would mean not being allowed to play league or cup games

Ex member of the SaS

Wait until the day before the SC semi and claim we have too many injuries due to being unable to train properly. Hit them with their own rod.

Big Slim Stylee

Not sure why anyone would want us to withdraw. Any chance of humping them is a good one. Form book can always goes out the window. Countless examples -  relegation derby anyone?

One thing is for sure. After all we’ve had to contend with, unfair demotion, lengthy court cases, heavy financial losses, having to move on senior players and being banned from even keeping our players fit. 

IF we beat them, it’s surly got to be one of the most embarrassing derby defeats of all time for them. And that’s saying something. 

They will be secretly shiteing themselves.

maroonedinbriz

I think we're stuffed on this one. I don't consider Hibs anything special, it'll be the match fitness that will do us. You just have to look at the track record of Scottish teams in Europe. When they enter a Euro competition in the pre-qualifier rounds sometime in July or early August they invariably get pumped against a team you'd never heard of but they had the good fortune to be well into their season when the ties were played. Remember that Maltese mob!

28 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Not sure why anyone would want us to withdraw. Any chance of humping them is a good one. Form book can always goes out the window. Countless examples -  relegation derby anyone?

ER in March, too.

Another derby that had the emailers predicting a comfortable, stylish, swashbuckling Hibs win.

:4_1_72:

Hibernian

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

That's just what some nutters want. 

We could always go begging to the 8th tier in English football to let is in to their league. 

Or we could just get fired into Hibs and  book a cup final place for the second year running. 

Kick f...k out of them on the park !     No matter the out come !    Absolutely smash them .......🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Edited by Hectormasson
spelling

17 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

I think we're stuffed on this one. I don't consider Hibs anything special, it'll be the match fitness that will do us. You just have to look at the track record of Scottish teams in Europe. When they enter a Euro competition in the pre-qualifier rounds sometime in July or early August they invariably get pumped against a team you'd never heard of but they had the good fortune to be well into their season when the ties were played. Remember that Maltese mob!

We should have played 5 games by then . Should !

The thought of us handing Hibs a place in the Scottish Cup Final is appalling to me. Not a ****ing chance!

We should be seeing this as an opportunity to shut up one of the widest little clubs on our hotlist. This is an opportunity to start dishing out some recompense. These vermin shiteholes are right up there in the list of scumbags that need a good slap down. Trying to disrupt our training schedule in order to gain an advantage in the cup? Bring it you ****ing shitebag *****. 

This is also an opportunity for Robbie to exorcise the ghost of that really I’ll-advised “money spinner” comment.

We are going to ****ing murder these *******s. The more folk try and put barriers on our way, the more determined and eager we should be.

Make it ****ing ten Hearts!

51 minutes ago, martoon said:

ER in March, too.

Another derby that had the emailers predicting a comfortable, stylish, swashbuckling Hibs win.

:4_1_72:

Hibernian

It is their best chance, there’s no denying that. Probably bookies favourites by quite a distance in fact. Good.