Present and future governance of the club.

David Black

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

The difference between successful business People and bar roam oafs  is self evident. Any idiot can pop up and say sack the board but using that approach will result in a new CEO every other week. That’s the main reason for Hearts being run by serious business individuals and not Johnny come lately JKB posters .

Football is the " Core Business".

Mess that up and you might end up losing millions of pounds of revenue in the lower leagues.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Black

• The Fonz

• OldGorgie

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
On 12/08/2020 at 15:45, davemclaren said:

FoH is a separate organisation and is a vehicle for supporter ownership of the club. It is separate from the club which will have many more shareholders than just FoH. 

Anyone who owns 75.1% of a business controls it. Or should do.

FoH is a vehicle for a controlling majority ownership of the club, As one of the many other shareholders and as an FoH member I want FoH to exercise the control we have paid over £10m to achieve.

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Anyone who owns 75.1% of a business controls it. Or should do.

FoH is a vehicle for a controlling majority ownership of the club, As one of the many other shareholders and as an FoH member I want FoH to exercise the control we have paid over £10m to achieve.

They are, in line with their members wishes as expressed in votes and ar AGMs. 

On 12/08/2020 at 10:39, David Black said:

To clarify I am in no way criticising Ann Budge or any of of Directors for the overwhelming good work they have done over the past 6 years, except the catastrophic running of the football department. That has to be addressed going forward or else the same problems could arise again. We all know the mistakes made, but an equally big mistake is to forget them, and do exactly as Doncaster would wish us to do and just move on. The make up of both the club board and FOH is almost predominately made up of people with financial or legal backgrounds. That has to change by electing a wider range of abilities, although that requires those type of individuals to stand. Personally I have no abilities and will also be 75 next January, a tad useless and old. I would love to see JJ standing for election. Then we come to after the shares have been transferred from Ann to FOH.  Why then do we need two boards of directors. We are all one and surely a more streamlined operation would be having only one board. I am not aware of Barcelona or any of the German clubs having two boards yet they seem to run very efficiently. I am not looking for revenge or demonising anyone, but feel these issues should addressed to ensure a more balanced board and a more efficient one and that we never make the same mistakes again. 

DB, I'm 60 but could easily pass for 59 ;)

On 12/08/2020 at 15:39, David Black said:

To clarify I am in no way criticising Ann Budge or any of of Directors for the overwhelming good work they have done over the past 6 years, except the catastrophic running of the football department. That has to be addressed going forward or else the same problems could arise again. We all know the mistakes made, but an equally big mistake is to forget them, and do exactly as Doncaster would wish us to do and just move on. The make up of both the club board and FOH is almost predominately made up of people with financial or legal backgrounds. That has to change by electing a wider range of abilities, although that requires those type of individuals to stand. Personally I have no abilities and will also be 75 next January, a tad useless and old. I would love to see JJ standing for election. Then we come to after the shares have been transferred from Ann to FOH.  Why then do we need two boards of directors. We are all one and surely a more streamlined operation would be having only one board. I am not aware of Barcelona or any of the German clubs having two boards yet they seem to run very efficiently. I am not looking for revenge or demonising anyone, but feel these issues should addressed to ensure a more balanced board and a more efficient one and that we never make the same mistakes again. 

On 12/08/2020 at 16:00, graygo said:

Is JJ not 70 this year? 

What exactly are the football decisions that the board got wrong?

I am lost for words..

Lone Striker
21 hours ago, The Fonz said:

As I said the off the park there's not really a comparison with some of the English club, particularly the basket cases you mention. I'm not a fan of Budges, but I know she's not a maniac like some of the charlatans in the English Championship and League One. 

However, I stand by my point that on the park we're pound for pound the worst team in the UK. In terms of size of club, resources, etc. us being in the Scottish Championship (basically a pub league) is punching so far below our weight it's unbelievable. 

😲    I knew we were bad .....but didn't realise it was THAT bad  !!   

The only way is up then ?

20 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

😲    I knew we were bad .....but didn't realise it was THAT bad  !!   

The only way is up then ?

You'd hope that we can't sink any lower.

But then again, I didn't ever think we'd be back in the championship after last time, so who knows. 

Whilst the club will very happily be fan owned it should never fan run, that would be chaos.

What we need is professional people with the correct knowledge ability and experience to run all departments within the club. There can be no doubt that the main department, (the reason for being) has suffered from some very poor decision making over the last 3 years. I would hope that the re appointment of Robbie is the first step to rectifying that particular issue.  A successful Hearts with a winning team and challenging for Europe and cups still has massive untapped potential in my opinion. 

What we contribute as the FOH is remarkable given our relative lack of success on the pitch these last few years.  We still have lots of room for growth, as a club and as a fan base. 

To hell with the rest of them..... Always Hearts.

On 12/08/2020 at 15:39, David Black said:

After your opening and ending, as a 73 year old, I am glad you're too old to imagine yourself on the board,