julienbrellier

julienbrellier

Would be interested to know what people think our first 11 should be. If we assume Hickey leaves, I would go with this. I think it is strong and with a couple more quality additions I would expect us to do well in the cups too. I think we could lose a couple more players as well, but hopefully we hold onto the spine. 

Gordon

Smith.                            Halkett.                         Souttar                   Garruchio 

Irving                          Haring

Walker                                         Naismith                                   Roberts

Boyce

Subs:

Zlamal

Uche

Berra

Moore 

Henderson

Cochrane

Lee

Brandon

6 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Would be interested to know what people think our first 11 should be. If we assume Hickey leaves, I would go with this. I think it is strong and with a couple more quality additions I would expect us to do well in the cups too. I think we could lose a couple more players as well, but hopefully we hold onto the spine. 

Gordon

Smith.                            Halkett.                         Souttar                   Bolingoli  

Walker                                         Naismith                                   Roberts

Boyce

Subs:

Zlamal

Uche

Berra

Moore 

Henderson

Cochrane

Lee

Brandon

FTFY

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Haring won’t play. We’ll also sign another five or six players. 

Agree. There will be more out the door and more coming in. I have no doubt about that.

It’s August, we don’t play for 2 months so impossible and pointless to guess starting 11 right now. 

Edited by Dazo

Big Slims World Cup Ticket

If Olly Lee is staying, we should play him. I'd really like to see Cochrane starting with him. Haring to come back gradually.

PS. Bobby should leave and be replaced. He's a shambles.

Reckon Robbie is doing major surgery on the squad and many more will leave. 

Probable players out might include Doyle, Zlamal, Garuccio/White, M. Smith, Hickey, Lee, Washington, Wighton and Uche

Maybe 5 or 6 new players in yet. 

Right now, obviously.

Gordon

Smith Souttar Berra Garuccio

Walker Lee Haring Roberts

Naismith Boyce

Big Slims World Cup Ticket
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probable players out might include Doyle, Zlamal, Garuccio/White, M. Smith, Hickey, Lee, Washington, Wighton and Uche

I'd like to give Wighton another chance. He scored quite a few when he left on loan. Was a rough period internally, see if he can come good under a happier camp. 

Whatsthefuture
6 minutes ago, Big Slims World Cup Ticket said:

I'd like to give Wighton another chance. He scored quite a few when he left on loan. Was a rough period internally, see if he can come good under a happier camp. 

I have seen Wighton play 5 or 6 times out-with  the main squad and he has the talent. I think he takes stage fright when in front of large crowds. The games I seen him in he encouraged players about him and showed ability scoring some decent goals. Many in the game over the years all rate the boy 

jamboinglasgow
51 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah I do think by the start of the season or the close of the window we will see quite a few players gone with Robbie wanted his kind of squad. I dont think we will get as many as 6 come in. I think the aim is a strong core of a team with young players filling in some roles.

10 minutes ago, Whatsthefuture said:

I have seen Wighton play 5 or 6 times out-with  the main squad and he has the talent. I think he takes stage fright when in front of large crowds. The games I seen him in he encouraged players about him and showed ability scoring some decent goals. Many in the game over the years all rate the boy 

Would agree with that. He certainly is a confidence player. I would argue that he has never been in a Hearts team that is doing well (except for 1 sub apperance near the end of our unbeaten run in 2018/19 season. So every time he has played there has been huge pressure on him to produce. Also think constant injuries have hampered him. I wont be too bothered if he goes, but if he stays I would like to see what he can do in a team with confidence. He has shown odd flashes but needs to show it regularly in a game.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Not sure about that unless the same number leave. There's a lot of uncertainty around how the Championship season will go looking at the Premiership. We won't want to lump ourselves with a big wage bill if football is shut down again.

6 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Why not? I saw him in his Hearts training kit last Tuesday. He was in a cafe in the New Town admittedly...

Stendelnator
35 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Why not? I saw him in his Hearts training kit last Tuesday. He was in a cafe in the New Town admittedly...

He’s not scheduled to rejoin full training for another month. Just a case of fitness. 

allystrachan
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Full kit w*nker? I thought better of him too.

Edited by allystrachan

Whats this about Haring? I swear I saw him training in one of the videos the other day. So frustrating if he’s injured again, hope this isn’t true 

13 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Full kit w*nker? I thought better of him too.

Haha He was like John Terry - lifting a cup! (more of a mug admittedly...)

Harry Potter
23 hours ago, Dazo said:

It’s August, we don’t play for 2 months so impossible and pointless to guess starting 11 right now. 

Very true.

Want to see Mcdonald and Cochrane heavily involved this year. We have failed those 2 boys massively by signing a load of dross and not developing them. They were tge best young players in the country when they burst through and the mismanagement of them by CL and his inexperienced coaching twam is a disgrace.

Robbie knows them both from his last time here  hopefully with Gordon Forrest on board these boys can get the chance to kick on. We have some great young players from that age group, including Chris Hamilton, Connor Smith and of course Hickey and Harry Stone....time to start building from within instead of buying in journeymen.

Tokyo Drifter
On 11/08/2020 at 11:29, julienbrellier said:

Gordon

Smith.                            Halkett.                         Souttar                   Garruchio 

Boyce

Subs:

Zlamal

Uche

Berra

Moore 

Henderson

Cochrane

Lee

Brandon

With no fans and us being in the Championship Robbie needs to treat every game like a home game so one lone striker doesn't do it for me. Tactically I'd like to see two strikers (Boyce and whoever can best strike up a partnership with him out of Henderson and Uche) with Naismith in behind (like Wayne Rooney does at Derby). Then I'd have Haring (if fit), Garrucio, Walker and Roberts in midfield and a back three. Assuming Hickey's away to eat pasta or bratwurst somewhere then Smith, Soapy (if fit) and Halkett. Struggling to see a place for Christophe if we need mobility in a back three - if it's STABILITY in a back FOUR then I'd play him. Gordon in nets, obvs.

Of the subs, I think Lee could slot into midfield easily enough and hold down a starting place if Robbie can start to get the best out of him, and I'd like to see Cochrane given a chance too, though I think he and Moore are only going to be impact subs. I'd also like to see Anthony McDonald given some game time as I've (mostly) been impressed by him. He's got a gallus streak that we've been sadly missing.

Wild card: Damour. Still think he could do something for us. If not, loan him to Thistle. 

Captain Lithuania

I don't know how Olly Lee is suddenly good enough. He may well be good enough to play in the Championship but he's not good enough to be getting games ahead of our youngsters and Haring. He's absolutely honking. Milk turns quicker. Rather we got rid.

2 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

With no fans and us being in the Championship Robbie needs to treat every game like a home game so one lone striker doesn't do it for me. Tactically I'd like to see two strikers (Boyce and whoever can best strike up a partnership with him out of Henderson and Uche) with Naismith in behind (like Wayne Rooney does at Derby). Then I'd have Haring (if fit), Garrucio, Walker and Roberts in midfield and a back three. Assuming Hickey's away to eat pasta or bratwurst somewhere then Smith, Soapy (if fit) and Halkett. Struggling to see a place for Christophe if we need mobility in a back three - if it's STABILITY in a back FOUR then I'd play him. Gordon in nets, obvs.

Of the subs, I think Lee could slot into midfield easily enough and hold down a starting place if Robbie can start to get the best out of him, and I'd like to see Cochrane given a chance too, though I think he and Moore are only going to be impact subs. I'd also like to see Anthony McDonald given some game time as I've (mostly) been impressed by him. He's got a gallus streak that we've been sadly missing.

Wild card: Damour. Still think he could do something for us. If not, loan him to Thistle. 

Unfortunately, it's plain as day that all any opposition team has to do is close down every player except Berra when we are in possession.

Forces us to pass to him

Next pass after that and it's 50/50 where it ends up.

Great penalty box defender, but if we are looking to create from the back, that's where it would all fall apart.