18 years ago today

Smoked-Glass

Will never tire of watching this. A day when Levein's brand of hoofball worked to perfection.  So many punts up the park to De Vries. The entire team and coaching staff nailed it.

willie wallace

First of 3 fantastic games against Hibs that season.

The Stamp last minute winner at ER and the 4-4 draw at Tynie will stay long in the memory.

Pity their was no 4th game.

What a game and to think when they got it back to 2-1 I was a little worried. Great night in the Golden Rule after this then up town for a good old bevvy and onto the Burke & Hare! Oh to be young and single with little care in the world. 

4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Niemi's last game at Tyne 😭😭😭

What a game to end on though. Still my favourite keeper to ever pull on the jersey, he was absolutely top class. 

Love watching the highlights for this. It was hearts last game before I became a parent (had to stay sober as I may have had to drive wife to hospital). I made up for it when daughter was born 3 days later.

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, JWL said:

I'm in the official video/DVD:greggy:......................................made a complete arse of myself:facepalm:

ach well, just a memory now.

45 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

ach well, just a memory now.

Actually watched it recently, it's on YouTube. I've actually not changed a bit in 18 years:jjyay:

Салатные палочки
50 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Great game.. Wish we had got the 4 and 5th goals earlier so more time to relax and go for 6th.

I actually prefer that we got the 4th and 5th goals later on.  They were probably heading for the exits thinking 3-1 isn't too bad then moments later it's a skelping

:jjyay:

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, JWL said:

Actually watched it recently, it's on YouTube. I've actually not changed a bit in 18 years:jjyay:

👍.

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Niemi's last game at Tyne 😭😭😭

Was it? Feck me, that same year I managed to turn my life around. I was in the process of self destructing and I'd probably be in nick or possibly deid. However I packed a small rucksack and blagged a crisis loan and got the first bus to Bath and have never regretted it.

30 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Was it? Feck me, that same year I managed to turn my life around. I was in the process of self destructing and I'd probably be in nick or possibly deid. However I packed a small rucksack and blagged a crisis loan and got the first bus to Bath and have never regretted it.

What a nice story mate, glad it all worked out 👍

millerjames398

18 yrs? Seems like yesterday, what a day in the pissin rain👍🏼 aside from the match i always laugh when i see the cctv of trouble afterwards, a large mob of hearts headin towards a hibs pub, among the casual dressers, what looks like a Vietnam vet in army fatigues, and somebody from the gorgie chapter of the hells angels rollin a fag before goin into battle, ****in priceless😂✋🏻🏻🇱🇻

3fingersreid

Last derby match my dad attended with me , he might’ve been struggling with cancer by god did he celebrate that game . 
As others have said , if we’d scored the 5th with 10 mins to go who knows what would’ve happened 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Will never tire of watching this. A day when Levein's brand of hoofball worked to perfection.  So many punts up the park to De Vries. The entire team and coaching staff nailed it.

Classic example of pulling off that tactic to a T, would you believe that a hibs fan i work beside is still adamant that the full time result doesn't reflect on the whole game, the punt up the park typifies Hearts as a club and hibs, if they had taken their chances could have scored 5 too.

Just now, dannymack said:

Classic example of pulling off that tactic to a T, would you believe that a hibs fan i work beside is still adamant that the full time result doesn't reflect on the whole game, the punt up the park typifies Hearts as a club and hibs, if they had taken their chances could have scored 5 too.

We controlled the entire game and yes the majority if the game was punt up but we were silky on the ground at times. Namely Valois, who got stuck in and tracked back when required too.

maroonlegions

Remember saying to my mate after the game, "wish  we had beaten  them like that in a Scottish cup final"..........:greggy:

I remember saying something like "aw feck" to a mate when the FT whistle went. Oh for another 10 mins that afternoon. 

Still, can't complain about a 5-1 derby win. 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Remember saying to my mate after the game, "wish  we had beaten  them like that in a Scottish cup final"..........:greggy:

One day, maybe.

6 hours ago, JWL said:

I'm in the official video/DVD:greggy:......................................made a complete arse of myself:facepalm:

ur no the bird behind levein are u bouncing about :D

5 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

What a nice story mate, glad it all worked out 👍

I'm still down here mate :) Miss watching The Famous though. But with a VPN change I watch us on HeartsTV.

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I actually prefer that we got the 4th and 5th goals later on.  They were probably heading for the exits thinking 3-1 isn't too bad then moments later it's a skelping

:jjyay:

:spoton:

Hate to mention it but it was quick revenge for 6-2. The shine taken away from their achievement very quickly.  🇱🇻

:verysmug:

8 hours ago, willie wallace said:

First of 3 fantastic games against Hibs that season.

The Stamp last minute winner at ER and the 4-4 draw at Tynie will stay long in the memory.

Pity their was no 4th game.

4-4 was a funny one and not just for the late ending. 

We battered Hibs throughout the game and it was a complete mystery how it got to 0-2 and 2-4.  

I remember at 2-2 we had chance after chance, constant pressure. 

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

18 yrs? Seems like yesterday, what a day in the pissin rain👍🏼 aside from the match i always laugh when i see the cctv of trouble afterwards, a large mob of hearts headin towards a hibs pub, among the casual dressers, what looks like a Vietnam vet in army fatigues, and somebody from the gorgie chapter of the hells angels rollin a fag before goin into battle, ****in priceless😂✋🏻🏻🇱🇻

:laugh2: I've seen that video and the biker guy always makes me laugh. Think its the fact that he's wearing leathers and clearly doesn't give a shiny shite. I think their was some heavy sentences handed out for that. 

millerjames398
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2: I've seen that video and the biker guy always makes me laugh. Think its the fact that he's wearing leathers and clearly doesn't give a shiny shite. I think their was some heavy sentences handed out for that. 

Totally bizarre scenes, im sure the biker rolls his wee number, clocks the enemy and casually slips it into the top pocket of his leather jacket..a touch of class😂 and your right think most of them were caught bang to rights, and got the big red key, to open there door a 6 in the mornin...

34 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm still down here mate :) Miss watching The Famous though. But with a VPN change I watch us on HeartsTV.

Good mate. I know how you feel I am currently working near Land's End, Cornwall. 600 miles from the Famous but like you get to see them on TV. 

Well that certainly helped the blood pressure :) Another one that should have been 10. Not much has changed in 18 years: Levein's tactics, Jim Duffy's hairline, standard of Refs & Linesmen, H**s having a shite keeper, Gary O'Connor's obsession with his nose!

Smoked-Glass
42 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Well that certainly helped the blood pressure :) Another one that should have been 10. Not much has changed in 18 years: Levein's tactics, Jim Duffy's hairline, standard of Refs & Linesmen, H**s having a shite keeper, Gary O'Connor's obsession with his nose!

What did the ref get wrong in this game? 

The linesman more than the ref tbh but there was an off the ball incident that got ignored and it was really just filler to pad out the things that haven't changed 😄 

John Findlay
10 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

A derby debut unlikely to ever be matched. What a game.

Actually a Young Joe Baker did it for Hibs against Hearts at Tynecastle in a 4-3 win for Hibs in the 1958 Scottish Cup tie. Hibs getting to the final and losing 1-0 to Clyde.

LondonHearts
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Actually a Young Joe Baker did it for Hibs against Hearts at Tynecastle in a 4-3 win for Hibs in the 1958 Scottish Cup tie. Hibs getting to the final and losing 1-0 to Clyde.

It wasn't his Derby Debut it was third.

Though I'd rate it a toss up between his 4 goals and James McGhee's 5 in 1886 as the best Hibs' Individual Derby performance.

https://londonhearts.com/scores/newopp/p00009658.htm

9 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

😅

Had my son up at our local for his first legal pint today. He was born 10 minutes before kick-off. Only 2 hours old and already stuck 5 past your biggest rivals, not too bad. Also had him at Hampden in 2012, not bad considering he left Edinburgh at 8 months old and has never lived there since. He clearly has a thing for 5-1 victories.  

Smoked-Glass
4 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Had my son up at our local for his first legal pint today. He was born 10 minutes before kick-off. Only 2 hours old and already stuck 5 past your biggest rivals, not too bad. Also had him at Hampden in 2012, not bad considering he left Edinburgh at 8 months old and has never lived there since. He clearly has a thing for 5-1 victories.  

Great

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

4-4 was a funny one and not just for the late ending. 

We battered Hibs throughout the game and it was a complete mystery how it got to 0-2 and 2-4.  

I remember at 2-2 we had chance after chance, constant pressure. 

Yip, totally pumped them that day, if we'd gone ahead  at any point we'd have smashed them. 

At 2-0 I was still confident, at 2-4 not so much. 

Very strange game 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Forza Cuore said:

😅

Thats the very one, it's really got a bit of everything😂..always wondered if anybody knew them, or they just joined the party along the way, the big fella in the army gear isn't shy either🤯😂