Dunfermline fan at work

j1964m

Said to me it's between us and hearts to get the automatic promotion place. Then said that they have the better team and signings and thinks they will finish 1st with it only being a 27 game season they will come out the traps all systems firing

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, j1964m said:

Said to me it's between us and hearts to get the automatic promotion place. Then said that they have the better team and signings and thinks they will finish 1st with it only being a 27 game season they will come out the traps all systems firing

Tell the sadsack to stop injecting.

Dunfermline fans always think they’re getting promoted at the start of the season. Steven Whittaker their marquee signing, I’ve seen milk turn quicker than him. 

Have to remember after last season a lot of teams will fancy their chances and every game will be a cup final for them. The attitude we will just turn up and blitz them because it happened before is not the right mentality.   

Edited by Last Laff

jamboinglasgow

They have a few good signings, but they need to recruit heavily to have a sustainable squad so it means they will struggle to have quality through out the squad. They will certainly push for play-offs.

16 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Assume you work in a psychiatric facility and he's a patient?

doubt it, even psychiatric patients would not come out with nonsense like that. or to put it another way even donald trump would not say that as he would see it as ridiculous

David McCaig
22 minutes ago, j1964m said:

I trust you gave his head a patronising rub, once you had finished rolling on the floor laughing.

23 minutes ago, j1964m said:

You should print:

”Dunfermline Fan at Work”

... on to an A3 sheet of card, then make it in to a big dunce cap cone, and pop it on his head the morn.

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They have a few good signings, but they need to recruit heavily to have a sustainable squad so it means they will struggle to have quality through out the squad. They will certainly push for play-offs.

Clubs like Dunfermline will be relying more on Youth players than strengthening.  These clubs have literally no income coming in at present and BCD with twice weekly testing is going to bleed them dry.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Clubs like Dunfermline will be relying more on Youth players than strengthening.  These clubs have literally no income coming in at present and BCD with twice weekly testing is going to bleed them dry.

Or loan players.

I think the money from Hibs for Nisbet has helped them sign a few players of quality for the league but I agree they will have to rely on youth.

AlphonseCapone
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Have to remember after last season a lot of teams will fancy their chances and every game will be a cup final for them. The attitude we will just turn up and blitz them because it happened before is not the right mentality.   

And there's no evidence the manager or players have that mentality so no need to worry. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Better teams than Dunfermline couldn't get near us last time. And we have better players than in 2014/15...

21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s entirely the right attitude from the fans.  It’s up to those at the club to make sure they deliver for us. We’re playing a bunch of sides with threadbare squads and no money. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

And there's no evidence the manager or players have that mentality so no need to worry. 

Im not worrying just don’t want any complacency 👍

Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s entirely the right attitude from the fans.  It’s up to those at the club to make sure they deliver. We’re playing a bunch of sides with threadbare squads and no money. 

True.  We need to demand they deliver but just saying everyone else is shite and it’s going to be a stroll in the park isn’t being demanding. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

True.  We need to demand they deliver but just saying everyone else is shite and it’s going to be a stroll in the park isn’t being demanding. 

It’s actually being very demanding

Harry Potter
48 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Sounds deluded. out the traps, are they greyhounds.😀.

27 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

My best mate is a Pars fan and I don't think he fancies their chances against us at all. 

This guy is getting on his high horse and is really excited about what is happing at his club

Another team I hope we thrash on the pitch and hurt financially. Absolute throbbed of a Chairman deserves nothing less.

1 hour ago, jamboman9 said:

Pars fans are bigger clowns than the wee team fans.

Trust me,I live there.

An ex of mine is married to one. Says a lot about my choice of girlfriend when another ex is still in prison.

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

An ex of mine is married to one. Says a lot about my choice of girlfriend when another ex is still in prison.

😂

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

😂 Ffs I hope the current Mrs Marvin is a better sort. 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Galacticos indeed. 

1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Dunfermline have fans? Learn something new every day, they must all dress as seats I'm guessing?

Not many, I recall a trip thru for a friendly cup "admin cup" was to raise funds for both clubs during our stints in admin. We packed the away end and had more fans in attendance than they did. And that was to help save their club 🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Not many, I recall a trip thru for a friendly cup "admin cup" was to raise funds for both clubs during our stints in admin. We packed the away end and had more fans in attendance than they did. And that was to help save their club 🤦‍♂️

They used to do alright for fans back in the day. Certainly got more potential than shite like Ross county or Hamilton. Bit of a sleeping giant, purely in Scottish terms. 

Edit. Sleeping giant is way too far but you get what I’m saying 😀

Edited by GinRummy

Another set of fans who seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Hearts. 

Remember a group of them gathered in the Diggers early doors drowning their sorrows as they took a pumping at Tynie.  (7-1 game) 

They were singing at the top their voices as Hearts fans returned afterwards. The bravery pills kicked in as more anti Hearts songs started.  “Can we play you every week” got their backs up and one or two mups got rowdy. Then, they were about to get a bit Gorgie heading their way from a few JTs who’d had enough but the situ was quickly defused by bouncers and accompanying Pars fans who saw sense. 

Edited by Debut 4

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Of course it isn't,  this will.be like cupties to a lot of their teams " can see a lot of the cloggers getting their kicking boots on ,      I expect hearts to win league ,  but dont think it will be like last Time,  but were still the best pool of players , just hope rn gets the best out of everyone involved     & stay clear of these  injuries !!!🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They used to do alright for fans back in the day. Certainly got more potential than shite like Ross county or Hamilton. Bit of a sleeping giant, purely in Scottish terms. 

Edit. Sleeping giant is way too far but you get what I’m saying 😀

How many sleeping pills did they take? 😄 If admin didn't wake them up what will... 😁

33 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

How many sleeping pills did they take? 😄 If admin didn't wake them up what will... 😁

Harsh but fair 😄

The_razors_edge

I live in Crossgates just along the road from Dunfermline, work locally and coach 2 football teams and I can count on 1 hand how many pars fans I actually know. Not even the locals give a shit about them. They’ll be languishing in mid table obscurity come the end of the season. 

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Pars fans are bigger clowns than the wee team fans.

Trust me,I live there.

I’m in Rosyth and can vouch for that, they have an unhealthy hatred for us whilst conveniently forgetting that it was their chairman who was complicit in all the bullying pish in the first place, and when both clubs were in trouble, who was it who turned up at their ground and packed the away end so full that the side bit had to be opened whilst their own tinpot fans barely scraped 700 at the game, that’s right, it was Hearts and our fans who helped them. 

Short memories those knuckle dragging tossers!