Immigration..hope the Brexiteers are happy

CJGJ

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

:lol: Utterly broken by obsession. A sad, empty shell is all that's left.

200.gif

🤣

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Governor Tarkin

• The Real Maroonblood

• Weakened Offender

• frankblack

6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Once more are you sure...

Really ?

The UK stopped being a member of the European Union (EU) at 23:00 GMT on 31 January 2020, but that's the not end of the Brexit story. Over the summer, UK and EU officials will try to agree what the future relationship will eventually look like.

So I guess as you cannot 'grasp the facts' we can ignore your post

Wrong.  No need to repeat @TheOak88, so I will quote them.

There are many things to have a go at with the government but you chose a bad argument.

5 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

We are still in the transition period which is due to last till 1st Jan 2021. The terms of Brexit haven’t even been agreed yet, far less occurred. 

:spoton:

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There are many things to have a go at with the government but you chose a bad argument.

Transition period is for negotiations, the UK left on Jan 31. And the transition runs out on the last day of 2020.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

We're in the transition period where we stick to the rules until we agree a new arrangement (or not), but we're no longer members of the EU, as confirmed on the EU website.

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries_en#the-27-member-countries-of-the-eu

Nigel Farage was on stage celebrating and everything, it wasn't that long ago!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/jan/31/brexit-day-britain-prepares-leave-eu-live-news-updates?page=with:block-5e34b0218f0811db2faef2fe#block-5e34b0218f0811db2faef2fe

Unknown user
11 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Brexit hasn’t happened yet.

So what were they celebrating at 11pm on 31st January this year? Why aren't we listed as members on the EU website? Why don't we have any MEPs any more? 

🤔

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Transition period is for negotiations, the UK left on Jan 31. And the transition runs out on the last day of 2020.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

We're in the transition period where we stick to the rules until we agree a new arrangement (or not), but we're no longer members of the EU, as confirmed on the EU website.

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries_en#the-27-member-countries-of-the-eu

Nigel Farage was on stage celebrating and everything, it wasn't that long ago!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/jan/31/brexit-day-britain-prepares-leave-eu-live-news-updates?page=with:block-5e34b0218f0811db2faef2fe#block-5e34b0218f0811db2faef2fe

Lets get back on topic.

The whole point is that we are getting away from the point that the OP's arguments are completely irrelevant Brexit or no Brexit.

These boats were coming across the channel before January, people were hiding on lorries at Calais, and people were trying to get into the Channel Tunnel to cross.  The French have never given a shit about stopping these people crossing the Channel as they don't want to keep them.  The only thing they haven't done is take them across in their own navy ships.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lets get back on topic.

The whole point is that we are getting away from the point that the OP's arguments are completely irrelevant Brexit or no Brexit.

These boats were coming across the channel before January, people were hiding on lorries at Calais, and people were trying to get into the Channel Tunnel to cross.  The French have never given a shit about stopping these people crossing the Channel as they don't want to keep them.  The only thing they haven't done is take them across in their own navy ships.

I'm just saying we've left the EU, it happened in January.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

So what were they celebrating at 11pm on 31st January this year? Why aren't we listed as members on the EU website? Why don't we have any MEPs any more? 

🤔

The UK no longer has EU status. However, I wouldn’t say Brexit is complete yet, as we still need to negotiate the terms of leaving. My point with reference to the OP was we are still subject to freedom of movement. 

In all honesty tho, we might as well debate the topic, rather than the semantics of leaving the EU. Already it feels the debate has descended, and we are one step away from pointing out spelling mistakes rather than talking about immigration policy. 

19 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The UK no longer has EU status. However, I wouldn’t say Brexit is complete yet, as we still need to negotiate the terms of leaving. My point with reference to the OP was we are still subject to freedom of movement. 

In all honesty tho, we might as well debate the topic, rather than the semantics of leaving the EU. Already it feels the debate has descended, and we are one step away from pointing out spelling mistakes rather than talking about immigration policy. 

As I said, this has nothing to do with freedom of movement as these people aren't EU citizens anyway.

They should just be sent back same day, by any means necessary and to hell with the lefts human rights tears. They are criminals trying to break into the UK.  

Nicola would no doubt be handing out hampers and Edinburgh hotel brochures if 200 a day were clambering out of boats in Portie each day. That's over 50k a year a day btw, would only take a decade until Edinburgh was a ghetto. Progress for some I guess.

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They should just be sent back same day, by any means necessary and to hell with the lefts human rights tears. They are criminals trying to break into the UK.  

Nicola would no doubt be handing out hampers and Edinburgh hotel brochures if 200 a day were clambering out of boats in Portie each day. That's over 50k a year a day btw, would only take a decade until Edinburgh was a ghetto. Progress for some I guess.

:cornette: 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

:rofl:

32 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

i've got a better solution.

Lets build a wall in the english channel and get the EU to pay for it

10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We can take this to PM if you like.

Internet second base. :wub:

dea643ba0c73b04c6a2b3ff95938cc98.jpg

53 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

p3EFbLm.gif

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I don’t mind the odd North African refugee it’s the extremely odd Americans we have to keep out 

I know who you're thinking of 😂

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

France doesn't really need to give a toss now, rightly so. It was Britain that wanted to leave the EU. This was all predicted but the Gammonati thought they knew better. 

**** Britain. 

France tried to stop cross Channel movement because free or freer movement would just increase the incentive for illegal immigration into France. Nothing has changed in that respect. The numbers making the last leg are only a small fraction of the total.France is tuck with the rest.

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I don’t mind the odd North African refugee it’s the extremely odd Americans we have to keep out 

🤣

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

As I said, this has nothing to do with freedom of movement as these people aren't EU citizens anyway.

It’s not about freedom of movement, it's about France giving the UK the auld GIRFUY! 

When the dust settles I wonder who the tories will blame for the over inflated housing market, lack of affordable housing, underfunded NHS and overcrowded schools.  Can’t blame the foreigners if they control who is allowed a visa. Careful what you wish for time. 

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It’s not about freedom of movement, it's about France giving the UK the auld GIRFUY! 

Yip, and they have been doing it for decades with firstly the camps and now this.  They see every one of them that makes it to the UK as one less problem for them to care about.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Sound, but britain left the EU in January. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sound, but britain left the EU in January. 

The glib response I expected. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The glib response I expected. 

Its not glib, I deliberately didn't enter the debate, I only questioned your one statement, that Brexit hasnt happened yet.

It has, on 31st January britain left the EU. Muddy the waters if you like bud, them's the facts.

The increase in numbers is down to the destruction of the refugee camps which were a damning indictment of the EU immigration policy, an increase in racism and lack of tolerance in France, calm waters in the recent warm weather and the fact that people see opportunities in the UK that they won't get elsewhere in Europe. We do need to make sure that these people do not die, that they are treated fairly and with dignity when they arrive and that the EU takes responsibility for its part in this human tragedy. I'm sure the govt's of all parts of the UK will be acting now to ensure this happens and that resources are identified across the whole of the UK, not just London and the South.

33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yip, and they have been doing it for decades with firstly the camps and now this.  They see every one of them that makes it to the UK as one less problem for them to care about.

And so would we. 

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When the dust settles I wonder who the tories will blame for the over inflated housing market, lack of affordable housing, underfunded NHS and overcrowded schools.  Can’t blame the foreigners if they control who is allowed a visa. Careful what you wish for time. 

Scotland. 

8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The 3 million plus EU citizens who settled here just arrived and fell through cracks without putting any pressure on housing, schools and the NHS.

It’s up to the government what taxes they raise and how they spend that money. They want you to blame immigration for absolutely everything and Brexit proves their tactic works. Of course an increased population puts more pressure on resources, the ageing population and increasing immigration have been ‘knowns’ for some time. Where’s the investment in the problem areas, education, housing and healthcare? Fewer people would care about the increasing population if government after government hadn’t failed to deliver the basics to its citizens. 

25 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The 3 million plus EU citizens who settled here just arrived and fell through cracks without putting any pressure on housing, schools and the NHS.

The govt was SO please to tell us that - even WITH all these immigrants - we still had more people than ever in employment.  And they all paid their taxes too.

In addition , evidence is immigrants generally make less use of NHS than UK residents. 

Housing - I bet you don't know a single person who  hasn't got a house because of  immigrants.

In the meantime , the UK has more immigrants in the EU  than any EU country and UK immigration into the EU currently is the highest on record. 

But , yeah, "immigrants."

Various studies have shown that immigrants are a net benefit to the finances of the nation.

And with an ageing population we need more people of working age to pay for the pensions.

But they're brown and talk funny and have the wrong religion.

Realzaragoza
34 minutes ago, Cade said:

Various studies have shown that immigrants are a net benefit to the finances of the nation.

And with an ageing population we need more people of working age to pay for the pensions.

First two sentences fine - third very dodgy - but basically immigration on a planned/controlled basis would be beneficial to most countries

11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Lets get back on topic.

So you admit you were wrong then

Lost the argument re Brexit date so lets try and  hope people will forget...sad really.

The point being made is things are getting worse and that is as a direct result of Brexit and the decision to leave.

People pointed out this was going to happen but those who voted to leave always tried to twist matters and change the subject knowing the point was fair

France were at least part of an agreement and doing something but now they have little responsibility to act and why should they just to please you and your liars..sorry buddies.

The truth hurts doesn't it

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

A complete knee jerk misreading of my post. I’m actually completely comfortable about immigration, Eu or otherwise. But to pretend that the on-going rise in the UK population due to net migration hasn’t caused any supply pressures is myopic.

I agree but why has it caused supply pressure? If you were prime minister and faced with a burgeoning population what would you do about it? If it were me, I’d make sure the country had adequate and affordable housing. It’s not just migration that’s causing the population to increase, it’s the fact that people are living longer. 

40 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So you admit you were wrong then

Lost the argument re Brexit date so lets try and  hope people will forget...sad really.

The point being made is things are getting worse and that is as a direct result of Brexit and the decision to leave.

People pointed out this was going to happen but those who voted to leave always tried to twist matters and change the subject knowing the point was fair

France were at least part of an agreement and doing something but now they have little responsibility to act and why should they just to please you and your liars..sorry buddies.

The truth hurts doesn't it

:cornette:

Still trying to defend a thread that has been utterly debunked.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

The only points I wasn't 100% on were off topic.

46 minutes ago, weehammy said:

A complete knee jerk misreading of my post. I’m actually completely comfortable about immigration, Eu or otherwise. But to pretend that the on-going rise in the UK population due to net migration hasn’t caused any supply pressures is myopic.

That's precisely what your doing .

You call it a "knee-jerk" to deflect from your blatant ignorance. 

So , just for clarity : studies show EU migrants make less demands on NHS than the general population as they are fitter & healthier. 

They don't take  houses from mates or your family because generally they don't have a job that's well enough paid. If there's a lack of social housing that's nothing to do with immigration as you well know , but a deliberate lack of funds for it.

In short, you're a racist. 

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So , just for clarity : studies show EU migrants make less demands on NHS than the general population as they are fitter & healthier. 

They don't take  houses from mates or your family because generally they don't have a job that's well enough paid. If there's a lack of social housing that's nothing to do with immigration as you well know , but a deliberate lack of funds for it.

For clarification. Which race has he offended?

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't need any studies to show me Polish alkies staggering about the streets at breakfast time with cans of Tyskie in their hands.

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't need any studies to show me Polish alkies staggering about the streets at breakfast time with cans of Tyskie in their hands.

I think your drinking is causing hallucinations. I've seen a few non Scots alky brits, so what's the difference. All foreign. 

Anyway, get yersel to the channel with all yer mates. The shite you talk should be the perfect wave machine. 

Oh and these people are the ones France didn't take as refugees. France should be taking more than the 3x the number the UK take. Scum! 

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I think your drinking is causing hallucinations. I've seen a few non Scots alky brits, so what's the difference. All foreign. 

Anyway, get yersel to the channel with all yer mates. The shite you talk should be the perfect wave machine. 

There's loads of local alkies, but we're stuck with those scroungers.

They get extra benefits for being a registered alcoholic

Why should we put up with the dregs of other EU countries? 

The only time I go near the channel is when I'm getting a ferry to France

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, Cade said:

This is the bit I have most trouble with, tbf.

Ron Burgundy

I see calling people racist for having a different viewpoint without actually saying anything racist is still the official go to retort from the mentalists.

Weakened Offender
43 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I see calling people racist for having a different viewpoint without actually saying anything racist is still the official go to retort from the mentalists.

Aaaw, bless. 😊

Ron Burgundy
43 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Aaaw, bless. 😊

Do you not think calling people racist without any reason other than a different viewpoint is offensive?

Or you just here to troll?

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Do you not think calling people racist without any reason other than a different viewpoint is offensive?

Or you just here to troll?

You don't have to look too far from the post I quoted to see what a (consistent) racist looks like Ron but don't worry, it's apparently OK on here. 

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

You don't have to look too far from the post I quoted to see what a (consistent) racist looks like Ron but don't worry, it's apparently OK on here. 

I wasn't referring to anything you posted.

Let's not make this all about you.

maroonlegions
On 10/08/2020 at 00:33, Weakened Offender said:

Please add 'mate' to the list of things you have absolutely no understanding of, alongside most of what you post, you silly attention-seeking teapot. 😁

:gok: