• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Leveins Battalion

• Bauldrick

6 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Couldn't agree more. Just bizarre to think of a so called Hearts fan sitting watching that game, knowing how much they hate us, knowing that they had even been sending emails to Lithuania to get us put out of business, and yet cheering them on.

Same here and that is a perfect description of said person.

👍

Ron Burgundy

I don't regret Budge not appointing Jack Ross but feck me the regret over her  appointing the idiot we have in charge is massive.

Owned by rookie boss Callum Davidson on a vastly smaller budget 5 times out of 6 this season. I reckon that tells you all you need to know. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Owned by rookie boss Callum Davidson on a vastly smaller budget 5 times out of 6 this season. I reckon that tells you all you need to know. 

Leads you to the question, will we regret not punting Neilson and bring in Davidson? 

Neilson and Ross are cut from the same cloth and that’s what appealed to Levein. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Leads you to the question, will we regret not punting Neilson and bring in Davidson? 

Neilson and Ross are cut from the same cloth and that’s what appealed to Levein. 

Ross is good at media but can't organise or motivate a team. Neilson, not sure what he' good at.  

I don’t see much between Neilson and Jack in fact they’re very similar. Both very much fresh out the Levein management school. It all depends what you’re looking for in your team, for fans their pragmatic approach and safe football will never really excite you and trophies will be limited. For a club owner they’re perfect will keep you in the top half with wins against teams you’d expect to beat and get you the odd glamour game at hampden to boost finances. 

Both Ross and Neilson don’t get the Edinburgh derby they see it as another game worth 3 points or a another round of the cup... vanilla managers! I wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 Derby’s are draws next season.

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ross is good at media but can't organise or motivate a team. Neilson, not sure what he' good at.  

Doing as he’s told? 

Silvery_Moon
On 24/05/2021 at 14:21, Rudy T said:

I don’t see much between Neilson and Jack in fact they’re very similar. Both very much fresh out the Levein management school. It all depends what you’re looking for in your team, for fans their pragmatic approach and safe football will never really excite you and trophies will be limited. For a club owner they’re perfect will keep you in the top half with wins against teams you’d expect to beat and get you the odd glamour game at hampden to boost finances. 

Both Ross and Neilson don’t get the Edinburgh derby they see it as another game worth 3 points or a another round of the cup... vanilla managers! I wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 Derby’s are draws next season.

They are very similar I agree. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 24/05/2021 at 06:21, Rudy T said:

Not a lot to disagree with in terms of their pragmatic approach, although Neilson is better at consistently keeping Hearts in the top 3 - never mind the top half - than Ross is at doing that with Hibs. Neilson also got a heck of a lot closer to actually winning the cup. 

I also find it very hard to believe Robbie Neilson with his what 13+ years at Hearts as player, coach and manager doesn't get the Edinburgh derby! How is that even possible? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not a lot to disagree with in terms of their pragmatic approach, although Neilson is better at consistently keeping Hearts in the top 3 - never mind the top half - than Ross is at doing that with Hibs. Neilson also got a heck of a lot closer to actually winning the cup. 

I also find it very hard to believe Robbie Neilson with his what 13+ years at Hearts as player, coach and manager doesn't get the Edinburgh derby! How is that even possible? 

We don’t really know that yet, Ross has only had one real season at it.

As for the derby just listen to his interviews, he views every game as 3 points and breaks the season down into quarters with points tally’s to achieve. Draws or away defeats he accepts so long as that points tally is achieved in other games.

Silvery_Moon
44 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

As for the derby just listen to his interviews, he views every game as 3 points and breaks the season down into quarters with points tally’s to achieve. Draws or away defeats he accepts so long as that points tally is achieved in other games.

:spoton:

If Robbie wants to get fans on side the 'just another game' attitude needs tweaked. Derby wins and cup games are huge for the Hearts support and he should know that. 

I was very very impressed that he managed a win in the semi final v Hibs considering how disadvantaged we had been and believed that it may have been a turning point in terms of his attitude towards these games. Unfortunately that wasn't to be for the remaining cup games. We will find out next season what his attitude toward derbies will be. One advantage is Hibs in Jack Ross have a similar 'sterile' style of manager which may give us a chance as was the case last Halloween. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

That's perfectly good approach to a league and doesn't mean he approaches derbies as anything other than must-win games. What would you prefer, a season like 13/14 where we were bottom but unbeaten against Hibs? I think we have the better manager of the two. Certainly better at cup semi finals and finals on the evidence of this season. I don't think Neilson would have played the same formation against St J that had already failed what 3 times?

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's perfectly good approach to a league and doesn't mean he approaches derbies as anything other than must-win games. What would you prefer, a season like 13/14 where we were bottom but unbeaten against Hibs? I think we have the better manager of the two. Certainly better at cup semi finals and finals on the evidence of this season. I don't think Neilson would have played the same formation against St J that had already failed what 3 times?

He approaches derbies like any other game he’s said so himself. 

Neilsons cup record is horrific, with the exception of one game v Hibs.

Smoked-Glass
On 24/05/2021 at 09:38, Silvery_Moon said:

There were several who wanted Hibs to win the cup as can be seen here. 

Gets more real on the thread after mid April when the Hypothetical Hibs v Rangers final actually became a reality. 

I understand a lot of Hearts fans live abroad and don't get the rivalry as much but if you lived through the 80's and early 90's in Edinburgh and have Hibs friends and family you don't want them winning anything! If you have been continually taunted about the lack of trophies and suffering all the Albert Kidd crap on the 3rd May each year then you will know what I mean. It's football rivalry, banter etc. which is fine but I want Hibs to lose every game unless it benefits us as it did in 1992 when a Hibs win at Celtic Park coupled with us beating Falkirk secured us 2nd place in the league. 

Anyway back on topic - no I do not regret us not appointing Jack Ross. 

I don't want h1b5 to win another throw in.