Pro cycling returns......and so do the crashes!

Cade

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• Greedy Jambo

• Cade

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Annemiek Van Vleuten is out of the Giro Rosa after a big crash near the end. Bloody shame as she was almost guaranteed to win another to add to her total as she was well in front of the field. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm expecting Sagan to try and get away at that catagory 4 climb, he needs full points at the intermediate sprint. 

I think Sagan has blown it this year. Lots of quotes from him about hating indoor training and not being interested in it. I think he’s just come into the race not ready for a grand tour, and possibly underestimated the competition as there aren’t as many pure sprinters as in previous years. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think Sagan has blown it this year. Lots of quotes from him about hating indoor training and not being interested in it. I think he’s just come into the race not ready for a grand tour, and possibly underestimated the competition as there aren’t as many pure sprinters as in previous years. 

I don't think he's been the same since he split up with his Mrs either. 

It's a big ask to to win the Green Jersey now, but not impossible. 

He's had a couple of weeks training outside now so he needs to at least give it a go. 

Sagan's just not been at it at all.

His sprints have been half-hearted (other than the one that got him relegated) and he seems more or less resigned to not winning the Green Jersey this year.

Having said that, anything can happen in road racing.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Sagan's just not been at it at all.

His sprints have been half-hearted (other than the one that got him relegated) and he seems more or less resigned to not winning the Green Jersey this year.

Having said that, anything can happen in road racing.

Aye, he's not looking too enthusiastic today either. 

So the main thing I decided when I was out for a wee 20km spin after today’s stage is this. 
Pogacar in Roglic’s team, wins the tour.

Roglic in Pogacar’s team, top 10 in the tour. 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

It's over already(!)

Roglic puncture :berra:

Roglic second puncture :arry:

Dog on the road...:shockio:

Not over until the bikes are over the line.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

TTs are awful television, might tune in towards the end for the main contenders.

Today’s is a good one if you enjoy watching people in pain. Caleb Ewan has had one of the most miserable hours of his life on this. All the sprinters are going to be miserable as hell. 

7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Le Mans 24h is on the other Eurosport, I'll switch between them 

Do you stay up all through the night to watch that? 

Surprised to see Tony Martin done by a guy that started 3 minutes later. 

Tony Martin is always spoken of in awe by commentators but sadly that’s due to his history now. He can still pull the team along on stages but he’s not at the races in terms of actual TT stages these days. I was actually surprised to see he’s the current German TT champion. 

9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What's the time limit today? 

It’s pretty generous I think they mentioned 1’20” earlier on. They can’t run the risk of any of the big sprinters not making Paris. 
I’ll be switching over to ITV4 when their coverage starts as David Millar always offers good insight into TT stages as it was his speciality. 

I thought I heard someone say it was 1 hour 8 mins, a few mins ago, could be wrong. 

It’s all dependant on the winning time as it will be a percentage. 

Just now, Tazio said:

It’s all dependant on the winning time as it will be a percentage. 

I thought Sam Bennett sounded a little worried in his interview, that's why I was asking. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Do you stay up all through the night to watch that? 

Done that a few times over the years but haven't prepared all-nighter supplies this time around.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm not sure that anyone is going to beat Cavagna, purely because everyone is knackered. 

It’s a mix of that and them not caring too much as their place in the race is pretty much decided. It will be a pretty special effort to beat it even if they were all going for it. It will be interesting who gets the KOM for today. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s a mix of that and them not caring too much as their place in the race is pretty much decided. It will be a pretty special effort to beat it even if they were all going for it. It will be interesting who gets the KOM for today. 

If anyone can do it, it's wout van aert though. 

Pinot may as well have had a cup of tea when he was standing waiting for his other bike to be brought off the car. Could they not have had it ready for him 

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Pinot may as well have had a cup of tea when he was standing waiting for his other bike to be brought off the car. Could they not have had it ready for him 

I think there are pretty nailed on rules in regard to how a bike swap can happen. It’s all on the gamble of how much time you save by not struggling up a horrible climb on a bike that puts you in a very uncomfortable position. 

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Pogacar giving this a real go.

If, and it’s a big if, he was to do it you’ll have watched the most dramatic win since Lemond beat Fignon on the last day of the tour. 
I’d love him to do it so I’ve probably cursed him. 

Just now, Tazio said:

If, and it’s a big if, he was to do it you’ll have watched the most dramatic win since Lemond beat Fignon on the last day of the tour. 
I’d love him to do it so I’ve probably cursed him. 

He probably won't do it, but the Richie Porte battle for 3rd as well is making this quite an interesting TT.