Wish discount shop

muldoon74

Keep getting adverts on my Facebook for this Wish online discount shop. 

I'm very sceptical as they are advertising Orient watches (funnily enough the same as I've been browsing and looking to buy.. 🤔.)  for £7...

Anyone used this site? If so is it avoid at all costs or amazing value? 

My instinct says "con" but I'm always on the lookout for a bargain so kinda hoping it's legit... 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

I'm very sceptical as they are advertising Orient watches (funnily enough the same as I've been browsing and looking to buy.. 🤔.)  for £7...

My instinct says "con" but I'm always on the lookout for a bargain so kinda hoping it's legit... 

It's the online equivalent of Petaling Street in Kuala Lumpur. All knock-off stuff that kind of works. I still have my "Rolex" from KL which keeps the time after about 5 years.

I got a "Bose" bluetooth speaker from Wish. The Bose logo is slightly squint; it's just spray painted through a stencil onto the front grille; the speaker is about half the weight of a real one and the sound is a lot more tinny. But it's for my teenage son to carry round with him to stop him pinching mine.

davemclaren
Just now, I P Knightley said:

It's the online equivalent of Petaling Street in Kuala Lumpur. All knock-off stuff that kind of works. I still have my "Rolex" from KL which keeps the time after about 5 years.

I got a "Bose" bluetooth speaker from Wish. The Bose logo is slightly squint; it's just spray painted through a stencil onto the front grille; the speaker is about half the weight of a real one and the sound is a lot more tinny. But it's for my teenage son to carry round with him to stop him pinching mine.

Correct. Cheap copies in my limited experience. 

Make sure its actually the item you want that they are selling and don't just go by the picture. The adverts I've seen have pictures of bikes and xboxs etc fkr cheap but when you look closer they are actually just selling  the water bottle on the bike or a 3rd party xbox controller etc.

Your watch for example, may just be the strap!

Edited by hughesie27

5 hours ago, Fun Boaby said:

I thought the same. But bought a bandana face mask and all was good. 

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Technically Bananas aren't even a fruit.

It was a wee joke.

Technically.

I took a punt on a pair of skater-style chinos off a place called Polomano on instagram, as I liked the cut of them in the pictures. 

I was entirely expecting to be disappointed but was strangely curious so just bought them. 

They were so shit, completely different material, colour and really badly made plus the sizing was really off.

Now just use them for painting/DIY.

been here before
20 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I cant see one reason why a site selling watches that begin at 2-300 quid for under a tenner would be remotely iffy.

Pile in would be my advice.

Tell you what, I bought a pair of wireless "Beats" earphones for 14 quid from Wish, and they work like an absolute dream. 

Are they genuine Beats? I'd wager 95% that no, they're not, but do they sound the part, hold their charge and look great? Absolutely. For 14 quid, it's worth gambling on some stuff I'd say. 

Bought cheap lego.....was absolutely fine.

Aston Martin (80% cheaper than Lego)

Wall-e (70% cheaper than Lego)

And San siro (mini lego)

(The mini lego requires saint level patience)

Edited by Der Kaiser

crunchy frog

I'd also avoid the pop up shops on Instagram too. I got suckered by a snide Carhartt shop bought trousers and jacket and was sent a pair of plastic fake ray bans 😀

Managed to get the money back via my bank but 3 days later the *******s tried to empty my account. 

crunchy frog
9 hours ago, frankblack said:

Seen them advertising CD box sets which are clearly fake.  Avoid.

Nobody wants cds/dvds any more (apart from me) buy it off music magpie or somesuch innit 👍

Saw these. Sadly they were only selling the t shirt. It's the whole ensemble, or nothing.

kfc.jpg

4 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Nobody wants cds/dvds any more (apart from me) buy it off music magpie or somesuch innit 👍

That isn't strictly true, but that is a whole other debate.  However, when you see box sets here for £25 containing say 12 cds that should retail at say £140 you need to ask yourself does it look legit?

I avoid buying anything from the cheap Chinese websites like Wish. They're obvious fakes, and whilst you might get lucky, you're going to end up disappointed that you didn't just buy the proper thing 9 times out of 10.

You're also funding factories who make knock off products, and probably pay their workers next to nothing to do so.  Or, possibly even the Uighur people who are basically being imprisoned over there.

The World needs to put more pressure on this kind of shit, and not buying stuff from places like Wish is a good start. 

On 07/08/2020 at 16:51, muldoon74 said:

Basically buying cheap knock offs manufactured in some ropey chinese factory.

crunchy frog
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

That isn't strictly true, but that is a whole other debate.  However, when you see box sets here for £25 containing say 12 cds that should retail at say £140 you need to ask yourself does it look legit?

I just bought a minted 9 dvd box of the comic strip series for 15 quid off some mob called environ phone or sommat in paisley 👍

Салатные палочки

I see DHGate have got the new home shirt on for about £12. I have used them for retro shirts in the past (Juve 1996 away and a Germany 1994 away and they're actually pretty decent) but I never thought they would start faking

Hearts shirts. 

Screenshot_20200809-195341_DHgate.thumb.jpg.d1ac9fd84504e11a2a5d48913a9d1baf.jpg