Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

ford donald
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I agree and think hindsight shouldn't prevail!

Every player is a gamble and I agree Damour has been a failure

BUT

If he'd been an outstanding success on a 2 year deal and let it run out, you'd be on here screaming that we should have had him on a longer contract  -  with hindsight.

When he was first signed,I read he was given a 4yr deal,I could not beleive AB had agreed to that,did not make sense.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Madjambo21 said:

If he is here for the start on the season and Robbie picks him we all get behind him end of.

Granted he is not the quickest (fancy I could beat him in a race) but if he cuts out trying to hold off players just outside our penalty area and looks interested he should be great in the championship (see Pallardo for example)

He’s not the quickest as you say but other players who also are not the quickest have quickness of thought and a good first touch. Damour  up till now has neither, especially his touch which as you mentioned is even worse when he’s taking balls just outside the box. Really can’t see him being here by the start of the season. 

17 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Another one who came with a good pedigree and got the fans excited. 

I can't believe his lack of fight and desire, totally unprofessional and should be nowhere near the club come the start of the season. 

That's right and maybe we expected too much but even so, for someone with his pedigree, he got caught in possession at the wrong times (is there a right time?) which suggests a lack of awareness.  He definitely needs to give himself a good shake.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I agree and think hindsight shouldn't prevail!

Every player is a gamble and I agree Damour has been a failure

BUT

If he'd been an outstanding success on a 2 year deal and let it run out, you'd be on here screaming that we should have had him on a longer contract  -  with hindsight.

I think you are making assumptions here Al never a good thing. I don't think you will see a single post of mine that can justify your comment.

If he had been an outstanding success we could have offered him an extension to his contract and if he deciined then we could either get the use of his services until his contract expired or perhaps sold him and made some money.

TyphoonJambo

I freekin hate this thread. Every time I click on it i just want to see the word "Gone" 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think you are making assumptions here Al never a good thing. I don't think you will see a single post of mine that can justify your comment.

If he had been an outstanding success we could have offered him an extension to his contract and if he deciined then we could either get the use of his services until his contract expired or perhaps sold him and made some money.

But that would not have been possible, according to you, because we wouldn't have signed him as he had no experience of Scottish football.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's right and maybe we expected too much but even so, for someone with his pedigree, he got caught in possession at the wrong times (is there a right time?) which suggests a lack of awareness.  He definitely needs to give himself a good shake.

Just watch the St Mirren goal in our last game.  That sums up Damour in a single, half-hearted, couldn't be arsed attempt at a tackle.

Caught in possession, liked to pass to the opposition, didn’t look interested , the lad needs to go or really step up to prove his worth ( which I cannot see happening)

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I checked on Wikipedia and he does not have pedigree. Very little top league football. Whoever gave out a four year contract? 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But that would not have been possible, according to you, because we wouldn't have signed him as he had no experience of Scottish football.

Aye ok Al. Let me know when you have disappeared up your own arse since you go round in cirlcles so much it must be about due soon.

He definitely lingers on the ball too much. 

But he's not a shite footballer, he just needs to sort out how quickly he delivers the ball.  He could be a top class player for us, but has a nasty habit of stupidly giving the ball away, which usually leads to goals. 

I'd be more than happy with him in the team if he dropped the niavity he has with how much time he's got on the ball. Scottish football is a bit more physical, and a bit faster paced than other leagues (regardless of the perception of quality) and if you dither on the ball, you will be punished. 

He's had a decent enough career, and has a decent footballing CV. He's a perfectly good player for us, if he can cut out the shite. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Aye ok Al. Let me know when you have disappeared up your own arse since you go round in cirlcles so much it must be about due soon.

Charming.

You don't want to sign anyone who has no experience in Scottish foorball.

You don't half talk some crap.

How the hell did Takis Fyssas manage?

Jesus wept.

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Just watch the St Mirren goal in our last game.  That sums up Damour in a single, half-hearted, couldn't be arsed attempt at a tackle.

I agree.

What's your point?  I have already said he turned out to be a poor signing but we didn't envisage that when we signed him - unless you made a post at the time alerting us to that.  Did You?

In the past 4 years of hell this boy is the deepest darkest point. I do not have one positive thing to say about him.

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I agree.

What's your point?  I have already said he turned out to be a poor signing but we didn't envisage that when we signed him - unless you made a post at the time alerting us to that.  Did You?

It’s not the fans job to sign good players. The fault lies with Craig Levein and Ann Budge. In season 2018/19 CL signed 19 players. Most were in terrible form after a dozen games of that season and many obviously were not good enough. Despite this, Ann threw  more money at him at the start of 2019/20 season and surprise, surprise he made more poor signings and our form continued to be poor.

Edited by GinRummy

been here before
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

In the past 4 years of hell this boy is the deepest darkest point. I do not have one positive thing to say about him.

Been along to many games yourself and watched him play?

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Charming.

You don't want to sign anyone who has no experience in Scottish foorball.

You don't half talk some crap.

How the hell did Takis Fyssas manage?

Jesus wept.

To be f0air there was some Italian dude battering nails into his hands. Damour however is inexcusable, he's a chicken hearted useless wage theif. 

And French. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

:lol:

Jean Louis Valois

He played ok in the 3-1 game against Hibs, so if Robbie see's something in him then I'm not totally against him staying. However this season is massive for Irving and Cochrane and I'd rather see them both given a chance to make the midfield their own. I also like Olly Lee and I hope he is kept around this season, who knows why Levein decided to get rid as he was about the only goalscoring midfielder we had at the club.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not the fans job to sign good players. The fault lies with Craig Levein and Ann Budge. In season 2018/19 CL signed 19 players. Most were in terrible form after a dozen games of that season and many obviously were not good enough. Despite this, Ann threw  more money at him at the start of 2019/20 season and surprise, surprise he made more poor signings and our form continued to be poor.

You may or may not be right in what you say but the topic is about Damour. 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

To be f0air there was some Italian dude battering nails into his hands. Damour however is inexcusable, he's a chicken hearted useless wage theif. 

And French. 

With hindsight, I agree.

Jambof3tornado

Do other clubs end up in the same boat as us with duds that wont leave?? I'm pretty sure they must do and we only notice it more coz its our club.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

You don’t have one positive thing to say about anyone i8. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

This is hitting the nail firmly on the head.  The whole reason the last 3 years of turgid football has been played. I can’t remember a worse 3 years ever and I’m going back decades 

37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Do other clubs end up in the same boat as us with duds that wont leave?? I'm pretty sure they must do and we only notice it more coz its our club.

I think we notice more because we EXPECT to be roughly third in the premiership every season because we have:

Third biggest income

Third biggest support

Excellent stadium

Excellent training facilities

Very dedicated fans

Other clubs have a "take what we can get" mentality but Hearts fans know the potential the club could have with the right leadership and out of frustration we give the management a much harder time. Smaller teams are there to try and avoid relegation and hopefully get a result every now and again.

We should be challenging for playing in Europe every season.

Batistuta87

I have to say... I've seen a few videos of Damour either in Hearts training or on his own social media, and I must admit he is looking quite sharp. Was never big by any means but he's looking very trim and quite nimble and his feet are looking very quick. I'd still allow him to move on right now if someone wanted him, but if we're lumped with him then I am slightly encouraged by the work he's clearly been doing during the break. Of course all of this work is pointless if his attitude isn't right, so.... 

4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

This is hitting the nail firmly on the head.  The whole reason the last 3 years of turgid football has been played. I can’t remember a worse 3 years ever and I’m going back decades 

especially considering the position of the club the last few years, no debt, etc

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I have to say... I've seen a few videos of Damour either in Hearts training or on his own social media, and I must admit he is looking quite sharp. Was never big by any means but he's looking very trim and quite nimble and his feet are looking very quick. I'd still allow him to move on right now if someone wanted him, but if we're lumped with him then I am slightly encouraged by the work he's clearly been doing during the break. Of course all of this work is pointless if his attitude isn't right, so.... 

I would certainly love to be proven wrong but i just dont foresee that kind of chage. Hope im wrong. 

Batistuta87
34 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I would certainly love to be proven wrong but i just dont foresee that kind of chage. Hope im wrong. 

Same. Like I say I'd still like to see him out the door as things stand, but if his footwork is anything to go by then he looks like he's in a better place. 

His fitness last season was a joke. His attitude is feckin awful but he's a much better player than what he has shown. He was different class v Hibs at Easter Road and very good v Rangers at Tynie. That's the level he should be at consistently. 

If he wants to be here and is fit with the right attitude, he could prove to be a good player. 

I suspect however that he will be away ASAP. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

His fitness last season was a joke. His attitude is feckin awful but he's a much better player than what he has shown. He was different class v Hibs at Easter Road and very good v Rangers at Tynie. That's the level he should be at consistently. 

If he wants to be here and is fit with the right attitude, he could prove to be a good player. 

I suspect however that he will be away ASAP. 

For the cash he’s on aye?  I’m sound giving people chances to turn things around but get him to France. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

For the cash he’s on aye?  I’m sound giving people chances to turn things around but get him to France. 

How do you mean, for the cash he is on? 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

How do you mean, for the cash he is on? 

The wage he got from us to go come from Cardiff to here. He’s already stated it was a lot of money that persuaded him to join. 

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He’s poor but there’s been far worse. Pereira to name but one. A trained monkey would have stopped more shots.

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

The wage he got from us to go come from Cardiff to here. He’s already stated it was a lot of money that persuaded him to join. 

Still don't know what you're on about like :laugh2:

been here before
4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

He’s poor but there’s been far worse. Pereira to name but one. A trained monkey would have stopped more shots.

You seem to be forgetting that i8 could easily go to games but has taken such a petted lip huff at Budge he now refuses to go to games, cancelled his FOH, refuses to buy from the shop and a whole host of other foot stamping activities that contribute not one shiney penny to the club. He doesnt even subscribe on here.

The upshot is that he's never been at a game where either Damour or Pereira has played. The same goes for pretty much the whole current squad- he simply hasnt seen them.

He bases his 'informed' opinions on radio commentaries, sportscence, any shite internet stream he can leach for free or posts on here.

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

You seem to be forgetting that i8 could easily go to games but has taken such a petted lip huff at Budge he now refuses to go to games, cancelled his FOH, refuses to buy from the shop and a whole host of other foot stamping activities that contribute not one shiney penny to the club. He doesnt even subscribe on here.

The upshot is that he's never been at a game where either Damour or Pereira has played. The same goes for pretty much the whole current squad- he simply hasnt seen them.

He bases his 'informed' opinions on radio commentaries, sportscence, any shite internet stream he can leach for free or posts on here.

Agree but I was trying to avoid  a verbal knee in the groin but maybe I should have been more forthright. Like you I guess I can’t understand someone that claims to love Hearts but then does bugger all to help the club.

kingantti1874
53 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

He wants to move on. I spoke to him a wee while back. He lives next close by. 

damour? 

Batistuta87
56 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

He wants to move on. I spoke to him a wee while back. He lives next close by. 

If he's out telling members of the public / fans (did he know you support hearts?) this, then he's even more of a tit than I first thought. 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If he's out telling members of the public / fans (did he know you support hearts?) this, then he's even more of a tit than I first thought. 

He's hardly made a secret of his desires..

Loic Damour has become the first Hearts star to confirm he would explore his options elsewhere if the Jambos relegation is confirmed.

The Tynecastle side appear doomed to start next season in the Championship after talks over league reconstruction were kiboshed.

Former Cardiff City midfielder Damour is under contract until 2023 after penning a bumper four-year deal with Hearts when he Craig Levein tempted him away from Cardiff.

But the former France Under 20s international will weigh up his options if Hearts do go down.

"Of course it will be less interesting for me if we go down. I'm not going to make a hasty decision since I still have three years of contract to run and today I know how difficult it is to get a contract.

"I have a family to consider, so I won't make a stupid, hasty decision. I will go back to Hearts and discuss things with the club, see what is going on and how they see things.

"I have not had any direct contact with other clubs. It seems premature given all that is happening at the moment. We will see what the future holds for me.

"There is no rush, but it is clear that going down could change a lot of things.

"When you sign for four years at a club, you think to yourself that you are going to love it, but that's the charm of football - you have to accept the positives and the negatives.

And the 29-year-old, in an interview in his homeland, admitted he signed for Hearts because they made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

He said: "Hearts showed great interest in me and offered me a contract I couldn't refuse when I was 28. Hearts are a very big club in Scotland. For me and my family, it was hard to say no.

"I had other possibilities, but Hearts really wanted me and offered me a four-year contract.

"Edinburgh is a very beautiful city. Hearts had very big ambitions at the start of the season, but ultimately it was completely the opposite.

"I thought I would arrive and enjoy the project, but it has been a negative season. I had trouble getting in the team. I thought it would get easier, but I was surprised because it's a different league from England. It's much more physical.

"I would say though that from December, it was much better and I was starting to feel really good just before the break. It's a shame the results were not more positive. It took time for me to adapt to the Scottish league because you have no time on the ball."

Edited by CJGJ

19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

you never have anything positive to say anyway.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm all for giving every player a clean slate but there's something about Damour that suggests getting rid would be the best thing all round. Even the other big contract flops Martin and Oshaniwa showed something when they first arrived. Martin had a bit of skill and scored at least and Oshaniwa was part of a fairly stingy defence for a while.

I can't think of a single thing Damour has brought the team. Neilson turned Djoum from a DM into a decent AM so maybe he can get a tune out of Damour. It's impossible to know, he was so anonymous.

Batistuta87
29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's hardly made a secret of his desires..

Loic Damour has become the first Hearts star to confirm he would explore his options elsewhere if the Jambos relegation is confirmed.

The Tynecastle side appear doomed to start next season in the Championship after talks over league reconstruction were kiboshed.

Former Cardiff City midfielder Damour is under contract until 2023 after penning a bumper four-year deal with Hearts when he Craig Levein tempted him away from Cardiff.

But the former France Under 20s international will weigh up his options if Hearts do go down.

"Of course it will be less interesting for me if we go down. I'm not going to make a hasty decision since I still have three years of contract to run and today I know how difficult it is to get a contract.

"I have a family to consider, so I won't make a stupid, hasty decision. I will go back to Hearts and discuss things with the club, see what is going on and how they see things.

"I have not had any direct contact with other clubs. It seems premature given all that is happening at the moment. We will see what the future holds for me.

"There is no rush, but it is clear that going down could change a lot of things.

"When you sign for four years at a club, you think to yourself that you are going to love it, but that's the charm of football - you have to accept the positives and the negatives.

And the 29-year-old, in an interview in his homeland, admitted he signed for Hearts because they made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

He said: "Hearts showed great interest in me and offered me a contract I couldn't refuse when I was 28. Hearts are a very big club in Scotland. For me and my family, it was hard to say no.

"I had other possibilities, but Hearts really wanted me and offered me a four-year contract.

"Edinburgh is a very beautiful city. Hearts had very big ambitions at the start of the season, but ultimately it was completely the opposite.

"I thought I would arrive and enjoy the project, but it has been a negative season. I had trouble getting in the team. I thought it would get easier, but I was surprised because it's a different league from England. It's much more physical.

"I would say though that from December, it was much better and I was starting to feel really good just before the break. It's a shame the results were not more positive. It took time for me to adapt to the Scottish league because you have no time on the ball."

Nah I know, I remember reading this at the time, seething. I mean I have no desire to keep him, but felt it was incredibly presumptuous (that other clubs would want him) and dismissive (he's part of the reason the season was so shite). Made him sound like an arse and this interview is the reason I want him out, whether he's improved or not.

Giving an interview to a foreign newspaper is different to taking to a fan too. Players should never discuss their future with fans - they should keep their cards close to their chests just out of respect. I've never heard of a player telling a fan he wants to leave - it's incredibly disrespectful to look a fan in the eye and tell them you don't want to play for their club any more. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm all for giving every player a clean slate but there's something about Damour that suggests getting rid would be the best thing all round. Even the other big contract flops Martin and Oshaniwa showed something when they first arrived. Martin had a bit of skill and scored at least and Oshaniwa was part of a fairly stingy defence for a while.

I can't think of a single thing Damour has brought the team. Neilson turned Djoum from a DM into a decent AM so maybe he can get a tune out of Damour. It's impossible to know, he was so anonymous.

I want him out, but if we're stuck with him then it looks like he's put in some work over the break and may have improved, so he might not be as shite as he was last season. Best thing for both parties is for him to leave though - 100% agree.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed