Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Keep on hitting the thread thinking he's gone. ####. 

Maybe he has but we haven't been told. 😂

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

We’d surely have been told, no?

You know what makes this worse.

I've known a few people who have worked or known Loic IRL and apparently he is a really nice guy.

It'd be nice if he was just a ***** :D

3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Hopefully the mods will change the thread title when that happens.

51 minutes ago, Glottis said:

You know what makes this worse.

I've known a few people who have worked or known Loic IRL and apparently he is a really nice guy.

It'd be nice if he was just a ***** :D

Och well, at least the club would keep us informed if he was just a *****. 😀

• 2 weeks later...
TyphoonJambo

Everytime this thread pops up I rush to open hoping to see the word "gone". Maybe next time eh! Hope springs eternal.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Anyone ITK heard anything? Without him and now Naismiths wages we could sign some serious players

Worth finding out if hes in for preseason id say

Rick Sanchez

He seems to get an easy time of it from our perspective. Get him down the sand dunes and get taking him to friendlies against Musselburgh etc.

Who cares if he's not in our plans. Make him earn his wage.

I'm in the get rid camp, but maybe savage thinks we have a player here who could do a job, maybe Naismith in his new role could develop him. Let's face it for us to get a player with his cv would cost us a fortune 

WoolfordsHearts
7 minutes ago, ericb said:

I'm in the get rid camp, but maybe savage thinks we have a player here who could do a job, maybe Naismith in his new role could develop him. Let's face it for us to get a player with his cv would cost us a fortune 

I'd rather Naismith shot him than develop him tbh.

Savage can bury him in lime.

It'll free up wages.

On 04/06/2021 at 13:22, TexasAndy said:

Hopefully he will be the last of the journeymen type signings particularly on long contracts.  

Yup, if a player is over 26 we shouldn't be offering more than 2 years. 

Should really be creative with 'an option to extend' type deals. Like if we're taking a punt on a player, why not do a 1 year deal with a 2 year option? 

Unless the player has already proven themselves, I think we should be cautious on contract length. Players are a dime a dozen at this level anyway, so with a good scouting system we should be far more effective in the transfer market. 

Guest ToqueJambo

We may as well try him out if he's determined not to leave. But (unless he was injured last season) if he can't get a game for us in the Championship I don't see the case for playing him in the Premiership unless he takes pre-season by storm.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Radical thought, but if he isn't leaving surely trying to get something out of him is better than ignoring him. 

Be another handy wedge to offload but with 2 years left may not budge 

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Radical thought, but if he isn't leaving surely trying to get something out of him is better than ignoring him. 

Probably on appearance money. Would be nice to pay him off. 

The problem with mass one year option to extend is we would never build a decent team.

A player comes in and turns out to be Rudi 2.0. We cant just say it's a 2 year contract but we can rip it up after 1 year. Because the players agent will say, ok we can rip it up after 1 year also. So our new Rudi who could be on 2 years or 3 years will only ever get one year and no fee to us.

So essentially it would be a constant revolving door.

Good players leave after a year to further their career.

Bad players leave after a year because they are Damour's.

Nothing can beat good scouting, shrewd business and squad building. I think we are all scunnered with what seems to many bad deals. But we need to build a long term backbone core of top 3 SPL calibre players.

Which I might add for a club of our size and resources, shouldn't be all that difficult.

So Make Some Noise..

The seethe for this guy is a bit OTT. Aye he's not stepped up to the plate but it's not his fault we gave him such a long contract and he's entitled to hold out for as good an offer. Folk thinking he should walk away from a contract just because you think he's sh*t is a pipe dream! 😀

Hope he goes mind!

15 minutes ago, Phage said:

The problem with mass one year option to extend is we would never build a decent team.

A player comes in and turns out to be Rudi 2.0. We cant just say it's a 2 year contract but we can rip it up after 1 year. Because the players agent will say, ok we can rip it up after 1 year also. So our new Rudi who could be on 2 years or 3 years will only ever get one year and no fee to us.

So essentially it would be a constant revolving door.

Good players leave after a year to further their career.

Bad players leave after a year because they are Damour's.

Nothing can beat good scouting, shrewd business and squad building. I think we are all scunnered with what seems to many bad deals. But we need to build a long term backbone core of top 3 SPL calibre players.

Which I might add for a club of our size and resources, shouldn't be all that difficult.

We're not talking about 2 or 3 year deals. We're talking about 4 years!

If we signed a Rudi-esque player on a 4 year deal, they might take their foot off the gas like Damour has. Especially if that deal included a higher base salary regardless of wins or losses.

Damour is the pinnacle of Levein's time as DoF.

15 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

The seethe for this guy is a bit OTT. Aye he's not stepped up to the plate but it's not his fault we gave him such a long contract and he's entitled to hold out for as good an offer. Folk thinking he should walk away from a contract just because you think he's sh*t is a pipe dream! 😀

Hope he goes mind!

Damour isn't going anywhere without a fat wedge of Hearts' money in his back pocket.

As you say not his fault, but hopefully the last in a long line of huddies given generous contracts to enjoy semi-retirement at the Tyncastle holiday camp.

Edited by fancy a brew

A_A wehatethehibs
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Who says we're ignoring him? He's just a crap midfielder and doesn't get selected to play because there's other better choices available. 

I just think it's a shame that the management have been unable to get Damour playing.

Seems weird to have this resource available, and to not exploit it in some way.

Cue calls of "He's shite".  I don't think he is, and I'm not a fan of freezing anyone out.  It's cutting of your nose to spite your face.  IMO.

The Apprentice
13 hours ago, ericb said:

It doesn't make one bit of difference if Savage thinks there's a player there or not, the fact is Neilson clearly doesn't.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Boris said:

I just think it's a shame that the management have been unable to get Damour playing.

Seems weird to have this resource available, and to not exploit it in some way.

Cue calls of "He's shite".  I don't think he is, and I'm not a fan of freezing anyone out.  It's cutting of your nose to spite your face.  IMO.

He is not a resource he is a liability. He will LOSE you games, not win them. It is genuinely laughable that you think you can criticise the management for not wanting to play a crap wage thief midfielder signed on a dreadful contract by a former manager. 

Damour was/is rated by Neilson.

He was in his plans last pre season but was told we needed him off the wage bill. Hearts expected him to move on.

9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He is not a resource he is a liability. He will LOSE you games, not win them. It is genuinely laughable that you think you can criticise the management for not wanting to play a crap wage thief midfielder signed on a dreadful contract by a former manager. 

If you read my post again, I didn't say he should be playing.   Yes, he's had some bad games, but he's also been fine in others.

My point was about getting him fit, motivated (if that is the issue) and available for selection - maybe i should have said "ready to play".

I don't know what the issue is between him and the various management teams but to have a resource just sitting there is wasteful, IMO.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Damour was/is rated by Neilson.

He was in his plans last pre season but was told we needed him off the wage bill. Hearts expected him to move on.

That's interesting.  Because when it became apparent he wasn't moving, he still wasn't utilised.

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

That's interesting.  Because when it became apparent he wasn't moving, he still wasn't utilised.

I suspect there was probably a healthy wedge in appearance bonuses involved and that’s why he was not used. 

Clear nobody on here has ever run a football team. People seen as not  trying/not interested are dumped in all grades of football as troublemakers or a bad influence. What is interesting is that both Martin and Damour preferred extra years to a higher wage i.e. spreading the money over longer. That in itself is a slight tip as to them being happy to jog along in a comfort zone. 

Neither seem/seemed bothered about not playing so I doubt appearance money is involved. Winning medals also appears not too important - we were handing out medals for very few appearances last season!

5 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Clear nobody on here has ever run a football team. People seen as not  trying/not interested are dumped in all grades of football as troublemakers or a bad influence. What is interesting is that both Martin and Damour preferred extra years to a higher wage i.e. spreading the money over longer. That in itself is a slight tip as to them being happy to jog along in a comfort zone. 

Neither seem/seemed bothered about not playing so I doubt appearance money is involved. Winning medals also appears not too important - we were handing out medals for very few appearances last season!

I reckon that his agent will be busy just now seeking out a new destination for him - he’ll still be looking  for a payout from us before he goes though. A shocking signing in so many ways. That said however, I can still remember the clamour from quite a few on here to get that deal over the line.

21 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Everytime this thread pops up I rush to open hoping to see the word "gone". Maybe next time eh! Hope springs eternal.

I reckon the mods would get there first with an amended title, TJ.

Loic Damour:

GONE-thumbsq.thumb.jpg.9b54eede7334d9b51362a94eb194f218.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Who says we're ignoring him? He's just a crap midfielder and doesn't get selected to play because there's other better choices available. 

Not training with the first team is being ignored. Last season the midfield was hardly lit up. Respectfully disagree, he was nowhere near as useless as Martin. Not saying he was great for us, he wasnt, but he had clearly done well at Cardiff, a player who I think had struggled for form rather than no ability

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Ultimately its a job. Graham Le Saux was quoted as saying football fans were idiots to turn up in all weathers to watch men kick a ball around, and had he not had a talent for the game he would not have anything to do with it. Some players, Zlamal was another, are happy to turn up, train and get paid, end of. Do they want to move their family again for less money elsewhere, too often people forget its not simply the players choice

41 minutes ago, Boris said:

Correct. They hoped to move him in the summer  then the winter window.  Robbie took him out of his plans.

Damour was excited for start of last season as he was told by RN he was in his plans, then came in one day to find he was training separately from team.....Neilson said things had changed blah blah.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct. They hoped to move him in the summer  then the winter window.  Robbie took him out of his plans.

Damour was excited for start of last season as he was told by RN he was in his plans, then came in one day to find he was training separately from team.....Neilson said things had changed blah blah.

That's shan patter by the management imo.

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not training with the first team is being ignored. Last season the midfield was hardly lit up. Respectfully disagree, he was nowhere near as useless as Martin. Not saying he was great for us, he wasnt, but he had clearly done well at Cardiff, a player who I think had struggled for form rather than no ability

Respectfully Damour and Irving played 50%-50% of the games in a relegation season that got 2 managers sacked.

4 wins from 31 and folk are complaining about the new manager that came in, and didn't want to keep any of them absolute car crash players? Besides Smith Walker and Halkett?

"last season the midfield hardly lit up" - yes but it won 17 out of 27 so, happy ****ing days, compared to the last shambolic pathetic mess of Bozanic, Clare, Damour, Whelan, Irving who, I repeat, got 2 manager sacked through one of the most abysmal runs ever, a 12.9% win percentage and relegated. Somehow bizarrely folk think some of them guys were alright. Laughable; can only assume these  fans who say that only watched the 4 wins, and didn't watch the 27 (twenty seven) defeats and draws. 

Now, with very little money spent on the championship, we are going up with 12 more wasters emptied and a war chest to improve the team. Folk can ****ing forget Damour, he's pish and not ever playing again here. Good luck to him at his next club or if he stays, wage thief. The manager is blameless for the situation and it is a genuine piss take that folk are trying to have a pop at Neilson for having no interest in playing Damour. 

Pasquale for King

Having seen the videos of training that the club put out on social media last summer Damour consistently was at the back of the group whilst looking uninterested. 
Neilson has done what he can with him, would he have tried a leg away to Morton or Alloa last season? 
I think it’s up to Savage to try and get him another club alongside his agent obviously. 

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Respectfully Damour and Irving played 50%-50% of the games in a relegation season that got 2 managers sacked.

4 wins from 31 and folk are complaining about the new manager that came in, and didn't want to keep any of them absolute car crash players? Besides Smith Walker and Halkett?

"last season the midfield hardly lit up" - yes but it won 17 out of 27 so, happy ****ing days, compared to the last shambolic pathetic mess of Bozanic, Clare, Damour, Whelan, Irving who, I repeat, got 2 manager sacked through one of the most abysmal runs ever, a 12.9% win percentage and relegated. Somehow bizarrely folk think some of them guys were alright. Laughable; can only assume these  fans who say that only watched the 4 wins, and didn't watch the 27 (twenty seven) defeats and draws. 

Now, with very little money spent on the championship, we are going up with 12 more wasters emptied and a war chest to improve the team. Folk can ****ing forget Damour, he's pish and not ever playing again here. Good luck to him at his next club or if he stays, wage thief. The manager is blameless for the situation and it is a genuine piss take that folk are trying to have a pop at Neilson for having no interest in playing Damour. 

Very good post and spot on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You seem angry :lol:

Perhaps you are missing my context. I'm not having a pop at Neilson at all, some have hinted that he was actually told to get rid of. 

The point is, the boy could clearly play at Cardiff a regular in a team that got promoted to the Premier League, you cant do that and please Neil Warnock (not easily pleased) if you are Tom Kite. So he must have something. Has he shown that for us, absolutely not, full agreement with you.

My point is, if he is to hang about for another 2 years, and he could, surely it is better to try and get something out of him, if he is happy in Edinburgh, on a nice contract oor Craig dished out, at a time of desperation.

What I would contend with you, last seasons midfield, well 17/27 in the Championship, probably not too far off 4/31 in Premier.

For absence of doubt, I dont think we have had a midfield for a long time now, in fact I dont really remember the last time I was happy with it. Skacel carried it about 10 years ago now, probably back to the days of Aguiar, even then we had clowns like Big Dave roaming around.

Edited by Sir Gio

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps you are missing my context. I'm not having a pop at Neilson at all, some have hinted that he was actually told to get rid of. 

The point is, the boy could clearly play at Cardiff a regular in a team that got promoted to the Premier League, you cant do that and please Neil Warnock (not easily pleased) if you are Tom Kite. So he must have something. Has he shown that for us, absolutely not, full agreement with you.

My point is, if he is to hang about for another 2 years, and he could, surely it is better to try and get something out of him, if he is happy in Edinburgh, on a nice contract oor Craig dished out, at a time of desperation.

What I would contend with you, last seasons midfield, well 17/27 in the Championship, probably not too far off 4/31.

For absence of doubt, I dont think we have had a midfield for a long time now, in fact I dont really remember the last time I was happy with it. Skacel carried it about 10 years ago now, probably back to the days of Aguiar, even then we had clowns like Big Dave roaming around.

If he hangs about for another 2 years he will have forgotten how to play.

Beyond me that a player be it his fault or the club is not playing , i loved playing in my late teens

and in my 20s and 30s, difference being i was not paid for it, i done that working up to 80hours some weeks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

If he hangs about for another 2 years he will have forgotten how to play.

Beyond me that a player be it his fault or the club is not playing , i loved playing in my late teens

and in my 20s and 30s, difference being i was not paid for it, i done that working up to 80hours some weeks.

As I mentioned in another post, people forget players have family who they will try and settle. A 4 year contract gives you an opportunity to do that. The decision might not always be entirely the players. I eluded to Le Saux who had no joy for football.

Everyone is different, you wont think like me, I wont think like the next poster. Its a contract, its a job and this really is not on Loic Damour but ourselves for giving him that contract

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Having seen the videos of training that the club put out on social media last summer Damour consistently was at the back of the group whilst looking uninterested. 
Neilson has done what he can with him, would he have tried a leg away to Morton or Alloa last season? 
I think it’s up to Savage to try and get him another club alongside his agent obviously. 

Back of the group, looking uninterested?

Extra training in the afternoon will buck his ideas up.

Still at the back, looking uninterested?

Let's head to Gullane Sands. Every day.

Unprofessional attitude needs sorted and we have the right to work the **** until he runs crying to his agent.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

What I would contend with you, last seasons midfield, well 17/27 in the Championship, probably not too far off 4/31.

I am, and I know you're not saying that but some in the thread are. Players like Damour and the thought of any of that lot who got relegated just makes me froth. It's been done to death now anyway and you're right - a proper Hearts midfield has not existed for 10-12 years. 

See with that wee one tho, come on mate. That's kickback pish. Think it through. a 12% win percentage goes up to a 63% win percentage? That is a literal >500% improvement. You're not convincing me that the championship is 500% worse quality than the premier so it's some vaguely equivalent performance level. Yes the championship is a good deal worse than the premier. But not 5x worse. You know football, you know full well how hard a task Neilson had trying to delete the losers mentality and reinstall the winners mentality, into an inherited squad with the pathetic likes of Andy White, Christophe Berra and Damour along with several other Levein crocks and wasters hanging on to their last respectable pro wages. Let's see what his real team looks like

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Maybe watched him play. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Back of the group, looking uninterested?

Extra training in the afternoon will buck his ideas up.

Still at the back, looking uninterested?

Let's head to Gullane Sands. Every day.

Unprofessional attitude needs sorted and we have the right to work the **** until he runs crying to his agent.

Suppose you're fit and slow?

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think his role in Cardiff's promotion is a bit overplayed. He started 18 out of 46 games (and 9 sub appearances), whether that makes him a regular or not is open to individual interpretation.

Pro rata it's equivalent to someone starting 11 games for Hearts in the season just gone.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed