Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

No chance he was any worse than the rest of the midfield this season. Probably been singled out by the ex rangers mafia in the squad.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

I get the point “he cannot be any worse” but I doubt he would be much better either. 

Based on his last contribution v St Mirren, I'd think he could, unbelievably, make us worse.

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Levein was stupid enough to give him a 4 year contract!  

Neilson said he was back in training in October, here we are six months down the line and he's never even been on the bench (that i'm aware of). He'll be one of the best paid players at the club and should be playing, not scrounging a wage for nothing. Mind you....great work if you can get it!

I'd love someone to ask Neilson what's the script with this chancer.

It takes a chancer to know one.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I have seen this suggestion a few times and he's still here.

Mind you he's not as big a wage thief as Pereira.

The Mirror report that the shot-stopper is currently collecting £20,000 a week ahead of becoming a free agent at the end of the season.

Huddersfield are paying a percentage of Pereira’s salary after signing the former Portugal Under-21 star on loan.

He has made just two top-team appearances for United, and has turned out just once for Huddersfield this term.

Diadora Van Basten

Cost us a lot of points last season by losing the ball right in front of the defence.

I wouldn’t pick him.

On 01/01/2021 at 23:59, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree with this. Also Warnock praised the guy and his talent - and he can’t be accused of having slouches/slackers in his team.

He should stroll the Championship if given the chance - appreciate the fact that apparently he has had an injury...

Agee too. Either we shell out a small fortune to end his contract or we find a way to get the best (which there must be) out of him. When fit and available surely we should be including him otherwise he will be totally shot of confidence when and if he's suddenly thrown in plus I simply can't believe some of the dross we've signed and played can be better. As usual the management team default to just do nothing. Finally fwiw while he's liked awful at times he's also looked pretty decent which at least more than some.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

More likely to hint about getting promoted from the championship 

1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Agee too. Either we shell out a small fortune to end his contract or we find a way to get the best (which there must be) out of him. When fit and available surely we should be including him otherwise he will be totally shot of confidence when and if he's suddenly thrown in plus I simply can't believe some of the dross we've signed and played can be better. As usual the management team default to just do nothing. Finally fwiw while he's liked awful at times he's also looked pretty decent which at least more than some.

Garden leave. 

34 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

He was looked ok at times, awful at other times. 

Malary Martin and Damour, if you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Oshinawa proportions. 

45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Give him a game for gods sake. Can’t be any worse than those who have played the last 9 or so games. 

100% this.

Because our club is a secret society we're not allowed to know what his future holds.  Similarly, don't dare to hope there will be an update on Ginnelly.

I get more disenchanted by the day.  This is exactly the way petrie reacted to supporters.

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Give him a game for gods sake. Can’t be any worse than those who have played the last 9 or so games. 

He ****ing can and has been. 

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

One of the multitude of problems we have had is that so many players have arrived and not been fit. Must be close to a year since Damour played, so too late now. One to watch for next season maybe 😎

Edited by GinRummy

Nookie Bear

Perhaps a simple question a journalist can throw into this weeks press conference with Robbie: “what is the latest situation with Irving and Damour?”

9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Short memory. He is. 

I'd be in the no worse camp but the way we play, at least Irving gets the majority of his passes to our centre halves away in time.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd be in the no worse camp but the way we play, at least Irving gets the majority of his passes to our centre halves away in time.

Shouldn't laugh but :lol:

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

One of the multitude of problems we have had is that so many players have arrived and not been fit. Must be close to a year since Damour played, so too late now. One to watch for next season maybe 😎

With a full preseason under his belt. :jester:

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

With a full preseason under his belt. :jester:

Still need to find the elusive match fitness. Maybe the season after he'll be better. Thank goodness we got him on a long contract.

Cut The Crap
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Still need to find the elusive match fitness. Maybe the season after he'll be better. Thank goodness we got him on a long contract.

On a slightly more serious note, I know the guy has cost us in crucial games, but the reaction of the club in freezing him out totally seems a little childish to me. Not to mention counter-productive. I find it hard to believe that a player of his pedigree, with appropriate management and coaching, couldn't have helped us this season. 

portobellojambo1

I think I'd forgotten he was still here. The issues with him may stem way back to the day he signed for us, i.e. how did he end up on a 4 year deal when a number seemed to arrive on short term deals with the opportunity to then prove themselves. Did he reject a short term contract because he knew he would be looking for another club 12 months later, and were we then daft enough to offer him money for a period where he was happy to just sit out of the team and spend the time checking that his "money for nothing" was been paid into his bank account on time. I can only assume he is relatively happy with his present situation because as a football player if he genuinely wanted to be playing football every week the only thing I can think is that he would have given up his contract and moved on long before now. He has been another of those who simply didn't come up to the mark, and he is far from alone in that category.

15 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Cost us a lot of points last season by losing the ball right in front of the defence.

I wouldn’t pick him.

This. He doesn't offer anything thats not already there. He's slow, ponderous and wants an extra few seconds on the ball ALL the time which in Scotland you do not have. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Sorry but Stendel already tried dropping Irving for Damour. It didn’t work, I would never advocate trying it again. And the thought of the 2 of them in the same team is even worse. Slow as 2 weeks in jail. It’s Halliday-Mceneff for the rest of the season for me. Haring off the bench. 

All that matters is that Damour leaves. We need to get him to leave the club and move on. However, he’s being paid a fortune for doing nothing so really it’s just another Malaury Martin situation for us. I’ll be amazed if he’s not here for another 2 years. 

As for folk blaming “the club” as though it was a collective decision, need to think back to when he was signed. There was 1 man in charge of everything at that time. He is responsible. 

I don’t think we should dish out any deal to a player that’s more than 2 years any more IMO 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

On a slightly more serious note, I know the guy has cost us in crucial games, but the reaction of the club in freezing him out totally seems a little childish to me. Not to mention counter-productive. I find it hard to believe that a player of his pedigree, with appropriate management and coaching, couldn't have helped us this season. 

Fair comment.

Players just seem to go backwards here and not just on the pitch.

19 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

It's the same tactic we used to get Mal Martin out of the door but that didn't work either.

We signed him because of his supposed pedigree (that's why he got a four-year deal) and he quickly became a massive disappointment. But I agree with you the job of the manager/coaches is to get the best out of players not freeze them out. There has to be a decent player there if he is managed properly.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

He did have some pedigree though and was highly rated by Cardiff fans and Warnock.

I guess it’s another player that has come up to Scotland expecting to piss it to find that although it’s not pretty you can’t just swan around being a midfield general without some  effort.

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

He seemed to both lack awareness and want too much time on the ball but I don't get how any problems with particular aspects of a players game just seem to get worse and never better at our club. 

Damour who’s actually an adult doing that sort of thing is tragic. I expect some equally embarrassing phrases or sayings are to come as he sums up his stealing wages at Hearts. 

What a useless *****. 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment.

Players just seem to go backwards here and not just on the pitch.

That's the problem.  We turn good/decent players into shadows of themselves.

• 1 month later...
Colonel Kurtz

reduction of wages as start of pandemic   furloughed to the max and Hearts paying the balance to france

On 06/04/2021 at 10:28, Tommy Brown said:

ONE DAY WE'LL LOOK BACK AND LAUGH :vrface:

Time is a healer, but a photo of those two in the same pic is adding years on to my recovery period.

Couple of chancers. 

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Surely there must be a performance clause or something where we can tell him to GTF 

In a contract put together by our erstwhile DoF? 🙄

Rocky jamboa

I don't get it with Damour - or Martin for that matter, who was in the same boat. Have the club made a bad signing and then went in the huff with the player because they won't leave? Neither player was that bad that we couldn't have played them. Christ, we've kept playing worse!

It reflects worse on the club than damour IMHO. 

The White Cockade
On 05/04/2021 at 21:46, Lambo85 said:

Or Vanacek 

God I’d forgotten all about him

More Harry Kinnear than Harry Kane 

A_A wehatethehibs
23 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I don't get it with Damour - or Martin for that matter, who was in the same boat. Have the club made a bad signing and then went in the huff with the player because they won't leave? Neither player was that bad that we couldn't have played them. Christ, we've kept playing worse!

It reflects worse on the club than damour IMHO. 

Absolutely clueless. Damour cost us nearly as many points as The Hologram during that relegation season, with his slack pathetic surrenders of possesion  and half arsed jogs back, nearly every game. 

As for Martin you are the first person I have ever seen say “he wasn’t that bad” 

They are the 2 worst most costly disastrous wage thieves of the Levein-budge era. 

Whove we “kept playing” that’s been worse than either of them 2? 

SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In a contract put together by our erstwhile DoF? 🙄

I wonder if he would have the brass neck to say “you’ll need to ask Daniel about that”, again.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed