Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

7 hours ago, smiler said:

I thought Le Mans were in Ligue2, the quality of that league is awful, God knows how crap the National one is.

National 1.  3rd tier in France.  Quality is as you say.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

upgotheheads
23 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Criminal signing really, not the first but hopefully the last. 

23 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Damour career highlight at Hearts was looking no bad against Spartans 😂

Just a waste of space money and time. I'm glad we are running the club transfers different to how Craig was doing it. If Craig was still here we would have 8 new player on 3/4 year deals. 

It was a double whammy too because he was here at the same time as Pereira, the worst goalie and the worst midfielder I've ever seen, and at the club at the same time. It was like every team we played had a two goal start.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It was a double whammy too because he was here at the same time as Pereira, the worst goalie and the worst midfielder I've ever seen, and at the club at the same time. It was like every team we played had a two goal start.

No part of the team was functioning properly but along with those two signings the blame lies at one mans door. 

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Was a horrible time

Tommy Brown
On 05/08/2021 at 15:09, smiler said:

I thought Le Mans were in Ligue2, the quality of that league is awful, God knows how crap the National one is.

Always worth remembering that Leicester picked up Kante and Marez from that awful league.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Always worth remembering that Leicester picked up Kante and Marez from that awful league.

Fair point Tommy, fair point.

Surely it’s the exception to the rule though.....

On 03/08/2021 at 18:09, i8hibsh said:

Martin and Damour both so similar in everything from pedigree, pre hype, ability, attitude, desire, impact and now playing third tier football on the continent.

Never let this happen again Hearts.

They’ve never been the same since the Maginot Line fell so easily. 

• 10 months later...
davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Best of luck.

Hope your next turd is a hedgehog.

Let’s not give him a reason to stay. 🦔

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Summed up the Craig Levein era!

Yip wasn't Loics fault he wasn't good enough but the fault lies with those that allegedly scouted him and awarded him a 4 year deal.

upgotheheads

"He is one of the highest earners at Tynecastle Park but has not made a competitive appearance in Scotland since March 2020."

This is the chilling bit. 

20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yip wasn't Loics fault he wasn't good enough but the fault lies with those that allegedly scouted him and awarded him a 4 year deal.

On paper, the scouting seemed not bad.  Capped at all the age groups up until France U21 squad, part of a squad in the Championship. I'm fairly sure if we looked back, the threads would have seen him as a bit of a coup. 

Unfortunately, on paper is where things must have stopped.  He really didn't look up to the standard at all, and dithered on the ball like ****.  Anyone who had actually watched him should have seen straight away he was not going to fit the Scottish game. 

Players should earn 4 year deals, not be given them as part of joining the club. There are far too many risks involved! 

Bungalow Bill
23 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

100% this. 

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

On paper, the scouting seemed not bad.  Capped at all the age groups up until France U21 squad, part of a squad in the Championship. I'm fairly sure if we looked back, the threads would have seen him as a bit of a coup. 

Unfortunately, on paper is where things must have stopped.  He really didn't look up to the standard at all, and dithered on the ball like ****.  Anyone who had actually watched him should have seen straight away he was not going to fit the Scottish game. 

Players should earn 4 year deals, not be given them as part of joining the club. There are far too many risks involved! 

He wanted far too much time on the ball which funnily enough is usually something players struggle with when coming up to Scotland.

A_A wehatethehibs

Still find it incomprehensible that Levein managed to get a downgrade on Ross Callachan for 3-5x the wage.

I suppose there should be no surprises when it comes to Levein blunders, but this one really does shock me still. 

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Still find it incomprehensible that Levein managed to get a downgrade on Ross Callachan for 3-5x the wage.

I suppose there should be no surprises when it comes to Levein blunders, but this one really does shock me still. 

He really was a manager that could do things others couldn't dream of.

Randy Marsh

Allegedly on £4000 a week with this 4 year deal.  That's the best part of £1m in wages wasted.  Levein should be put in jail for this. 

RustyRightPeg
42 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shocking signing. Warnock done Levein up like a kipper. 

Payback for saying Cal Pat was a right back

To be fair, he looked like a good signing on paper. Came from a decent club, seemed to have a good pedigree. Came as a real shock when he was completely useless.

It will be good when we have him off the wage bill since that cash could be put either into extending Beni and Cammys deals or into finding a new player. Huge waste of money but we’ll really feel the benefit of him being gone. 

The Ultimate Worrier
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Apparently Levein had been tracking him for years too. Scary.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Levein knew what he was doing though eh? 

To be fair, given his pedigree, I thought he would be a good signing. 🤷‍♂️

AlphonseCapone
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, given his pedigree, I thought he would be a good signing. 🤷‍♂️

A lot of people did. Hindsight is 20/20.