Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Are we ever going to get rid of this hanger oner? Absolutely pitiful Levein signing taking up a big chunk of the wage budget.

I worry that because he has it so good here he'll just run his ridiculous contract out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Didn't he say he wouldn't stay if we were relegated?  I am just curious why he is still here in that case.

Bloody hope so!

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Didn't he say he wouldn't stay if we were relegated?  I am just curious why he is still here in that case.

if no other club wants him he will sit tight

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if no other club wants him he will sit tight

Surely to **** someone will take him. Even if it costs us cash to get shot of him it’ll be cheaper than hanging on to him for years. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Levein gave him a 4 year deal on a vastly overinflated wage for his ability that’s why. Gareth Bale is doing it at Real Madrid and Damour is copying his blueprint.  He’s our new Malaury Martin.  Should be told he’s losing 50% of his salary due to demotion and hopefully he’ll bolt. He’s starting to grind my gears in the most annoying fashion. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Why no relegation clause?

I’m happy to be corrected but some of the relegation clauses seem to just be a reduction in wages after relegation. 

John Findlay

We dont kick a ball in anger until October 17th. More than plenty time for players to move on and come into the club. No point getting your knickers in a twist over it.

ooh-aah-cantona

Damour won’t be here for the start of of our Betfred campaign in October.

I’ll be surprised if he’s still at the club in September given his agency is trying to tout him everywhere 😂

3fingersreid

Highly unlikely but could he do the same job for us as Gomis did in the championship ? 

just seen the post above , that seems a better solution 

Edited by 3fingersreid

NaturalOrder74

Did we not have the option to terminate contracts when corona first started ? Is that still an option ? Should have been told to pack his bags after that interview tbh 

gashauskis9

Still hoping Warnock will take him to Middlesbrough (he was quick enough to rave about him when he gave us him).

9 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Did we not have the option to terminate contracts when corona first started ? Is that still an option ? Should have been told to pack his bags after that interview tbh 

Haven't seen that interview, what was said?

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Haven't seen that interview, what was said?

One thing that stuck out something along the lines of wouldn’t have come to hearts but got offered such a good contract he couldn’t refuse, thinks he’s better than the championship if we go down he’ll leave etc 

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not a chance Loic Damour will be here this season.

We might even get cash for him:munny:

If a club asked for us to pay them to take him we should be snapping their arm off

Jambof3tornado
47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m happy to be corrected but some of the relegation clauses seem to just be a reduction in wages after relegation. 

Thats normal. Not many players have clauses where they can have contracts terminated upon relegation.

Plenty time for him to depart.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He's going nowhere. He's got 3 years left and he'll kick the arse clean out of it.  

Another one of Levein’s super signings.

He may not be good enough, but in what way is he a hanger on?  He turns up, trains, plays when selected.  It's not his fault he was given a ridiculous contract.

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He may not be good enough, but in what way is he a hanger on?  He turns up, trains, plays when selected.  It's not his fault he was given a ridiculous contract.

Pretty much this.   He may be shite but it's not his fault Levein handed out ridiculous contracts like sweeties.  

He'll do a Bale and sit with his feet up in the stand with his earphones on thinking about what restaurant he will take his missus to that night.  

31 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Correct and while that contract may well be ridiculous in Hearts terms i'm pretty sure that if Damour moves back to the English Championship he'd be on higher wages, so no real incentive for him to do a Martin and hang around for 3 years being paid to train

Captain Canada

The annoying thing is he can be a really good player when he tries. If he was properly motivated (should be a given since he's being well paid) he'd be a real asset for us in the Championship. Plodding around looking for 2 minutes on the ball before doing anything isn't going to work though. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

He won’t want to play in the Scottish Championship......

Plenty of time for him to move on.

League one more his level?

****in imposter.

12 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

The annoying thing is he can be a really good player when he tries. If he was properly motivated (should be a given since he's being well paid) he'd be a real asset for us in the Championship. Plodding around looking for 2 minutes on the ball before doing anything isn't going to work though. 

If he stays, we may find that motivation returns during the last 6 months of his contract. 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

It will be difficult to try and get some other mugs to take him.

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he stays, we may find that motivation returns during the last 6 months of his contract. 

If that is the case then we will have to wait until then end of 2022 because his contract is up to 31 May 2023.

Just now, wavydavy said:

If that is the case then we will have to wait until then end of 2022 because his contract is up to 31 May 2023.

Yeah I know mate. Absolutely nuts. 

Tell him he isn't in the first teams plans but there is options if he wants to drop down to Scottish league 1 or 2.

Or if that isn't what he wants, just tear up the contract, bump elbows and walk away

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I know mate. Absolutely nuts. 

Incredible really giving a four year deal to someone  like him who has never been tested in Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Incredible really giving a four year deal to someone  like him who has never been tested in Scottish football.

Mental. 4 year deal also meaning even if he’d done ok,  he’d have been 32 going into the final year of his contract when we might’ve hoped to sell him. Too old to get a decent fee in for. If we’re giving long term deals in the future it should be for players we have a chance of getting a decent transfer fee for. 

Edited by GinRummy

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Aye you're right Davy.  I would not give someone like De Bruyne a 4 year contract either if he signed for us because he has not been tested in Scottish football.

Joking apart, Damour has turned out to be a bit of a disaster but, IIRC, he played in the top division in England..  Most people would have expected him to cope comfortably with our lower standard here.

Edited by JamboAl

Or perhaps working under a different manager & tactics we may see a different player (if he stays - be surprised if he did)

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Indeed. The level of hate is totally unnecessary. If he leaves this summer great. If he stays hopefully he will show he is better quality than the Scottish Championship and get some fans back onside.

So much for circling the wagons and adopting a siege mentality that so many posters were calling for after the SFA/ SPFL ruling. A couple of weeks later and the board is full of posts absolutely slating our own players. Less like circling the wagons, more like standing outside the tent pissing in.

Tommy Brown

12th May - Hootsmon

He never ever said that we would he would want away if relegated (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/loic-damour-plans-hearts-talks-over-his-future-if-club-go-down-2851139)

Spoiler

Loic Damour intends to 
hold talks with Hearts about his future if the club are 
relegated from the Scottish Premiership.

The French midfielder has three years remaining on his contract and stressed he will not make any rash decision if his employers go d

Officials at Tynecastle Park are awaiting a decision by the Scottish Professional Football League on whether their remaining eight games of season 2019-20 can be played.

The league hold the authority to end the season prematurely and consign bottom-of-the-table Hearts to a drop into the Championship.

Damour plans to wait for the outcome and then speak to the club over the summer to determine whether he has a future there.

“If we go down, of course, I’m not going to make a hasty decision since I still have three years of contract and today we know how difficult it is to have a contract,” he told the French magazine Onze Mondial.

“It’s harder than before in any case. I have a family, so I will not make a stupid and hasty decision. I’ll go back there, chat with the club, see what’s going on, how they see it.

“For the moment I have not had direct or concrete contact with clubs. It seems premature given all that is going on at the moment. We’ll see what the future holds.

“As I said, there is no rush, we wait quietly. Today, the situation is worse. But it’s clear that going down could precipitate a lot.

“The championship hasn’t been officially stopped, but I think it will be. So we are waiting for a decision regarding relegation.

“They were talking about a reconstruction of the league, so moving to 14 [teams], which would allow us to stay and get two teams up. It would be to our advantage. The other solution is to go down, to be relegated, because we are last.”

Damour, 29, joined Hearts on a four-year contract from Cardiff City last August and has experienced a tumultuous first year in Scotland.

He took time to adapt to the pace of the game and admitted he will need to do better next season if he stays.

“I had trouble starting,” he said. “I may have arrived saying to myself, ‘this is it, I signed four years, it will be a little easier’. I was perhaps a little surprised because it is a different championship from England, it is much more committed, much more physical, so it was also necessary to adapt to the new league.

“And I would say that from December, it was much better and this is where I was able to put together my best games. Unfortunately, where I started to feel really good was just before the cut.

“It’s a shame it’s like that, anyway, the results are not positive. It will be up to me to do better from the start to get things back in place.”

Although not intending to leave Cardiff, Damour explained why he chose to take the four-year deal on offer at Tynecastle Park.

“A club called me during the transfer window and really showed great interest in me. They offered me a contract that I couldn’t refuse at the age of 28,” he said.

“Hearts, for those who don’t know, it’s a very big club in the Scottish league. For me, my family, it was hard to say no. I only had a year left in Cardiff. There were a lot of questions and I decided to take this opportunity. That’s why I went to Hearts.”

The player feels he has improved over the course of his time in Edinburgh and now understands Scottish football. “I simply improved in understanding the league – because it requires something other than England,” he said.

“That is to say that in Scotland the play is much less, it is more direct. You have less time. It’s a really physical league with a lot of impact, where you really don’t have time for possession.

“I simply had to put myself in mind and put into practice what the league was asking for. In January, I was able to start off well with the ingredients that the league requires. What I may not have been doing at the start.”

Whole article in the spoiler

Damour plans to wait for the outcome and then speak to the club over the summer to determine whether he has a future there.

“If we go down, of course, I’m not going to make a hasty decision since I still have three years of contract and today we know how difficult it is to have a contract,” he told the French magazine Onze Mondial.

“It’s harder than before in any case. I have a family, so I will not make a stupid and hasty decision. I’ll go back there, chat with the club, see what’s going on, how they see it.

“For the moment I have not had direct or concrete contact with clubs. It seems premature given all that is going on at the moment. We’ll see what the future holds.

“As I said, there is no rush, we wait quietly. Today, the situation is worse. But it’s clear that going down could precipitate a lot.

“The championship hasn’t been officially stopped, but I think it will be. So we are waiting for a decision regarding relegation.

“They were talking about a reconstruction of the league, so moving to 14 [teams], which would allow us to stay and get two teams up. It would be to our advantage. The other solution is to go down, to be relegated, because we are last.”

Edited by Tommy Brown

Batistuta87

Thought this was going to be about him leaving. Honestly can't wait for it to happen. Utter gash player and horrible attitude.

5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He won’t want to play in the Scottish Championship......

Plenty of time for him to move on.

He should be delighted, it's about his level.

Diadora Van Basten

Damour and Perreira cost us so many goals last year that we would probably been mid table if they hadn’t played.

TyphoonJambo

Even thinking about his pathetic performance in that last game against St Mirren makes my blood boil. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Aye you're right Davy.  I would not give someone like De Bruyne a 4 year contract either if he signed for us because he has not been tested in Scottish football.

Joking apart, Damour has turned out to be a bit of a disaster but, IIRC, he played in the top division in England..  Most people would have expected him to cope comfortably with our lower standard here.

I understand that sometimes players and their agents hold out for longer term deals but I think in the case of Damour would it not have been sensible to give him an initial 1/2 year deal with a clause to lengthen if it suited both parties.

I know he played for Cardiff in their promotion season in the English Championship but he hardly featured after that and had played very little football when we signed him.

I know it could have been a great signing if he had turned out to be a great player for us but he hasn't so far. Who knows maybe if he impresses Robbie in training he might play and do well but I somehow don't think we will see many players in the future signing 4 year deals for us.

Edited by wavydavy

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed