what 6 hearts player should we build the team around

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

Just wondered as we are having to let players go so we can get new players in which 6 players should we be building a a team around for for myself it would be Craig Gordon, Micheal Smith, John Souttar ..Andy Irvine,Steven Naismith,Liam Boyce  Obviously Hickey would be in here but he will be gone as we need the money   

wattie exploited
Just now, Jambo92 said:

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar

Haring

Naismith 

Boyce

Fitness key for this however..

halkett looked a lot trimmer in the video that was posted on the hearts page I think it was as for Haring he looked like he has a lot of catching up to do mind you he has  been out for a a long time and am not sure he will ever get back to the  player he was that was why I thought young Andy Irvine could be a good shout :rifle:

2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

halkett looked a lot trimmer in the video that was posted on the hearts page I think it was as for Haring he looked like he has a lot of catching up to do mind you he has  been out for a a long time and am not sure he will ever get back to the  player he was that was why I thought young Andy Irvine could be a good shout :rifle:

Yeah hopefully Haring gets up to speed as he really is a key player, if not we need to replace him. 

Really like young Andy, he should blossom in the championship, hoping Cochrane will refind his form too.

wattie exploited
Just now, Jambo92 said:

Yeah hopefully Haring gets up to speed as he really is a key player, if not we need to replace him. 

Really like young Andy, he should blossom in the championship, hoping Cochrane will refind his form too.

am sure robbie will give the young guys a chance he did last time and it ended up great times great football :rifle:

15 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar

Haring

Naismith 

Boyce

If they stay fit we can walk this league and go on from there.

A fit Haring back alongside Souttar is a game changer. 

John Souttar?  How on earth do we ever build a team around him?  Boyce probably won’t be here and this is a perfect time to build a young exciting young team.  Naisy and Craig, yes, pray PH comes back but the rest? Nah. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It’s not a game changer, we win the league anyway.  

complete control
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Souttar is vastly overrated 

tartofmidlothian
35 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar

Haring

Naismith 

Boyce

Is the correct answer.

Jambo 4 Ever
14 minutes ago, complete control said:

I actually agree 

plus he is injured too much 

16 minutes ago, complete control said:

Not so much overrated, just made of glass. You can guarantee he’ll be out long term again before Christmas.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

Just wondered as we are having to let players go so we can get new players in which 6 players should we be building a a team around for for myself it would be Craig Gordon, Micheal Smith, John Souttar ..Andy Irvine,Steven Naismith,Liam Boyce  Obviously Hickey would be in here but he will be gone as we need the money   

Did someone say "hoofball"?

7a78cf7a2e0eefc5532193136350ebec--rugby-scotland.jpg

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, complete control said:

We missed him when he got injured. He's very good at carrying the ball out of defence to start attacks. Not Craig Levein good but good. We'll need footballers at the back in the Championship as we'll be playing a possession game under Neilson.

Kenneth Dubeke
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We missed him when he got injured. He's very good at carrying the ball out of defence to start attacks. Not Craig Levein good but good. We'll need footballers at the back in the Championship as we'll be playing a possession game under Neilson.

Agreed. Good on the ball and a very good player at our level 

He deserves a break. Injuries have hampered him. We're a much better side with him in it 

SpruceBringsteen
19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Souttar is overrated :lol:

We would be in the Premier League if he played most of last season.

Only if he could play in goals :wink:

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If Smith is happy with us, no reason to think he won't be a key player again.

Agreed and I’m also hoping Robbie can get Walker back to his best again 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Souttar is overrated? 

:wtf:

He’s not at all.  If only he wasn’t made of chocolate.  There’s no manager in the world that would build his team around him though unless you’re Mr Cadbury.  I’ve always wondered is that guy in the pic the same person from saved by the Bell? 

Edited by Last Laff

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We would be in the Premiership if there wasn’t a **** off virus out there and/or greedy clubs didn’t agree to reconstruct the league for a season or two too. 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He’s not at all.  If only he wasn’t made of chocolate.  There’s no manager in the world that would build his team around him though unless you’re Mr Cadbury.  I’ve always wondered is that guy in the pic the same person from saved by the Bell? 

Mario? :D Looks like him.

I think JS will be immense in the coming years. I'd play him in Midfield as he has the ability the ball.

Anyway I'm glad he's back! 

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar

Haring

Naismith 

Boyce

Great 6 to build a team around.

8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Gordon 

Halkett Souttar

Haring

Naismith 

Boyce

I wouldn’t disagree with that.

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Big season for Irving. With Haring beside him it’ll make a difference. 

Doubt he will be playing,from what I've heard we are talking to 2 Scottish lads that have been playing in England.Both free agents.Both CM.

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Doubt he will be playing,from what I've heard we are talking to 2 Scottish lads that have been playing in England.Both free agents.Both CM.

Wouldn't mind Lewis MacLeod.

14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hadn’t heard that. Any names?

Unknown user
8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

John Souttar?  How on earth do we ever build a team around him? Boyce probably won’t be here and this is a perfect time to build a young exciting young team.  Naisy and Craig, yes, pray PH comes back but the rest? Nah. 

I watched an interview with him saying he had no intention of going anywhere, it's just not how he operates, he likes to commit to clubs.

Is your opinion based on a reading of the situation or has he said something different since the one I saw?

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hadn’t heard that. Any names?

Without trying to sound like i am ITK and my only source is my groupchat (mainly the guys from Bonnyrigg that know a club employee) i believe we have spoken with Lewis MacLeoud and Scott Fraser and declared an interest in Ethan Hamilton.

Think we are having chats with lots of targets just now but the main focus has been to get the high earning underperformers out the door 1st!

Apperently a few trialists coming in the next few weeks also.

31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'd be hugely surprised (and Neil Pointon) if Irving wasn't a big part of plans. Love watching the lad play.

Haring, Irving, 2 x new guys. 4 CMs playing for 2/3 starts seems right. Maybe Harry and C Smith as backups. That feels correct numbers, no?

That assumes no Damour or Lee and Naismith and Walker not CMs.

Edited by TheBigO

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Without trying to sound like i am ITK and my only source is my groupchat (mainly the guys from Bonnyrigg that know a club employee) i believe we have spoken with Lewis MacLeoud and Scott Fraser and declared an interest in Ethan Hamilton.

Think we are having chats with lots of targets just now but the main focus has been to get the high earning underperformers out the door 1st!

A club employee? Bonnyrigg?

I'm out, that's too tough a conundrum for me.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'd be hugely surprised (and Neil Pointon) if Irving wasn't a big part of plans. Love watching the lad play.

Haring, Irving, 2 x new guys. 4 CMs playing for 2/3 starts seems right. Maybe Harry and C Smith as backups. That feels correct numbers, no?

I'd love to see Smith get time this season, the lad looks fearless.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ann Budge herself.:robboyas: ...........:gok:nipping into the Roses Club.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Dare say there is the chance Irving moves on. 

David McCaig
4 hours ago, Eary26 said:

Agreed and I’m also hoping Robbie can get Walker back to his best again 

This applies to the whole squad, but if any player can’t get themselves supremely fit off of the back of a 9-week pre-season its time for them to call it a day!!!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

😂 my thoughts exactly but didn’t want to say. 

Scott Fraser turned us down when we were in the Premiership to go to Burton. His stock has only risen since and he recently gave an interview saying he wouldn't be interested in coming back to Scotland.

He's another one I'd be amazed if we signed.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Thanks for info. 

Can someone post the gif of Souttar emptying the Hibs dick (Barker?) from a few seasons ago? Like that one.

Jambo 4 Ever
11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

😂 has he ever actually gone a full season without being injured 

Diadora Van Basten
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I agree Irving needs to be a regular if our season is 27 games then I would expect him to start all of them.

Hopefully we don’t drop him for Damour or Lee as he has potential to be a top player.

I would play 4-2-3-1 and play him on the left defensive midfielder/play maker.