Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jason Leitch in answering a question from Tam Cowan just now said one way of starting to get fans back in would be to limit access to season ticket holders who live locally. So travel is limited. 

I would have thought that was a no-brainier from the start. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That 80% of OF ST holders goosed

Yes. He was being asked the Old Firm game and specifically mentioned Celtic season ticket holders as example. 

In answer to another question he again said no full grounds this season. Someone asked about Euro finals at Hampden next June and said did not expect there would be full capacity 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes. He was being asked the Old Firm game and specifically mentioned Celtic season ticket holders as example. 

In answer to another question he again said no full grounds this season. Someone asked about Euro finals at Hampden next June and said did not expect there would be full capacity 

Did anyone ask whether smaller clubs down the leagues will be able to plan for crowds this season or was it all about the OF?

Cosgrove earlier said that Sky as a gesture of good faith should allow BBC Scotland to show next week's game or that he would have no qualms with it being rescheduled later in season.

While first reaction is 'always bowing to them' I'm moving with this approach.  This is a super-spreader risk event.  Also needs support of the 2 clubs to ask fans to stay at home.

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cosgrove earlier said that Sky as a gesture of good faith should allow BBC Scotland to show next week's game or that he would have no qualms with it being rescheduled later in season.

While first reaction is 'always bowing to them' I'm moving with this approach.  This is a super-spreader risk event.  Also needs support of the 2 clubs to ask fans to stay at home.

Sky are just as likely to look on it as an opportunity to sell more sky sports packages.
Postponing the game would only be pandering to the uglies fans once again, in my opinion. We keep hearing about how responsible they would be in football grounds, but now there’s a fear they can’t be responsible in their own homes.

Incidentally, are Sky refunding subscriptions to pub owners seeing as how they can’t show games on their tv screens due to a government policy? They took money back off the SPFL for ending last season early, so can’t have it both ways, one would think.

22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did anyone ask whether smaller clubs down the leagues will be able to plan for crowds this season or was it all about the OF?

It was asked. The same answer is the overall balance of risk including travelling etc. 

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sky are just as likely to look on it as an opportunity to sell more sky sports packages.
Postponing the game would only be pandering to the uglies fans once again, in my opinion. We keep hearing about how responsible they would be in football grounds, but now there’s a fear they can’t be responsible in their own homes.

Incidentally, are Sky refunding subscriptions to pub owners seeing as how they can’t show games on their tv screens due to a government policy? They took money back off the SPFL for ending last season early, so can’t have it both ways, one would think.

Yep.

But not only do they take up a huge amount of the population, but I'm sure fans of other clubs will meet up in houses just to see.

Re your last point, the Scottish govt. didn't curtail last season, the clubs did.

SectionDJambo
28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

But not only do they take up a huge amount of the population, but I'm sure fans of other clubs will meet up in houses just to see.

Re your last point, the Scottish govt. didn't curtail last season, the clubs did.

Good clarification on the reason for curtailment, but still a situation that the pubs need to raise, themselves, with Sky. They can’t be expected to pay for a service they aren’t allowed, by the government, to use.

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think it would make sense for Sky to offer a fee day pass to NowTV and hope that it results in a decent take up of new packages.

Watched Ukraine v Germany with decent sized crowd. Nice to see the noisy home crowd make a difference as Ukraine, 2-0 down early second half made a real game of it. 

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Well, as far as I know from reading other articles, he's been away from Celtic due to "injury".  In a wheelchair I thought I read.   He went awol from Celtic to play for Israel.  I am going to presume he had some medical treatment from Israel football staff, then possibly caught covid through the interactions between such staff.

Unless they've falsified the test to get him out of Celtic :D   Either way, I don't think Celtic want him now and he's been wanting away before all this.   Should be fun reading the back and forward responses from club and player.

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, Rods said:

It’s unraveling round them their beloved Celtic are failing apart it’s great to see. 

Panic will be hitting the spfl in case the season is ended while sellik are not top of the league

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Panic will be hitting the spfl in case the season is ended while sellik are not top of the league

Yeh that would be absolutely priceless. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

24 minutes ago, Rods said:

Yeh that would be absolutely priceless. 

Unfortunately we need the leagues to carry on til the bitter end. 

20 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If stopped now, Doncaster will opt for PPG scenario to award league to Sellick.

The question my grandfather would have asked is "can you catch COVID from kissing the Pope's ring?"

Of all the professional  Scottish footballers who have tested positive so far, what percentage had an IQ in double figures?  My guess is 15%.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

The question my grandfather would have asked is "can you catch COVID from kissing the Pope's ring?"

Depends what ring you’re referring too 

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Not sure, rangers wining it validates Doncaster and the OF shit show. Let's them sell the the product as the two horse race, much better than the 1 horse race. The commercial viability of a 1 horse race is a short one. 

Also, if the league wa called at some point with rangers top, I wonder how rangers would vote? 

Will they be flying the flag for fair play as before or take the league? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Of all the professional  Scottish footballers who have tested positive so far, what percentage had an IQ in double figures?  My guess is 15%.

You seen the pictures from LA last night? Tens of thousands on the street celebrating their NBA win. 

I just think everyone under the age of 40 has decided to take their chances with this  and have not considered who they may pass it onto. 

What will it take to change? A fatality for a young footballer or their immediate family?

Robbie Neilson: Hearts head coach seeks clarity over prospect of unfilled fixtures - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54501295

Robbie suggesting that teams who can't fulfill league fixtures in the Championship due to positive covid tests should lose the points. 

Surely that would be disastrous for us and put us at a disadvantage? I didn't think many teams in the championship were following our example re: the amount of testing performed. 

Kilmarnock asked SPFL to delay league game with Livvy by 48 hours.

Livingston said no.

Alex Dyer disappointed that there isn't a coming together of clubs for greater good.

He likely will have enough players, definitely with youth players, but if a decent number of senior pros aren't ready, will consider refusing to play.

Didn't something happen between Rangers and Livingston last season and SPFL put game back 24 hours despite one team wanting team to go ahead on schedule?

Edited by DETTY29

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Livingston said no.

Alex Dyer disappointed that there isn't a coming together of clubs for greater good.

He likely will have enough players, definitely with youth players, but if a decent number of senior pros aren't ready, will consider refusing to play.

Didn't something happen between Rangers and Livingston last season and SPFL put game back 24 hours despite obe team wanting team to go ahead on schedule?

He really said that? What a brass neck these clubs have.

7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Livingston said no.

Didn't something happen between Rangers and Livingston last season and SPFL put game back 24 hours despite obe team wanting team to go ahead on schedule?

irony-meter.jpg

40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

"It's disappointing because it would be fair for someone to give us a little bit more time, because it could happen to anyone at any time," he said.

"The way it's going at the moment, everybody's up for grabs, it could happen to anybody and any football club and people should help one another.

"The truth is everybody looks after their own, so that's just the way it is."

Footballfirst

It's getting closer to home ......

'They're not all going to be flying on private jets'... Hibs manager Jack Ross says his club will not pull players out of internationals, despite the risk from catching Coronavirus. Defender Josh Doig has been forced to self-isolate after representing the Scotland U19s

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

It's getting closer to home ......

'They're not all going to be flying on private jets'... Hibs manager Jack Ross says his club will not pull players out of internationals, despite the risk from catching Coronavirus. Defender Josh Doig has been forced to self-isolate after representing the Scotland U19s

Believe the u19’s have now been excused from the self-isolation requirement. 
Would imagine that Marciano won’t be playing this weekend given at least two of the Israeli squad have now tested positive and he has been with them for over a week 

1 hour ago, Aaron78 said:

Robbie Neilson: Hearts head coach seeks clarity over prospect of unfilled fixtures - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54501295

Robbie suggesting that teams who can't fulfill league fixtures in the Championship due to positive covid tests should lose the points. 

Surely that would be disastrous for us and put us at a disadvantage? I didn't think many teams in the championship were following our example re: the amount of testing performed. 

Absolutely, I read this and had my head in my hands. I wish people at our club would just shut up and do their talking on the pitch. That goes for Naismith, Gordon and Halliday too trying to forge media careers while they are still playing.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair to Alex Dyer, he personally defended hearts in the summer so he is being consistent

Edited by kingantti1874

Similar to Stuart Armstrongs test.  Only it's done the opposite way.  UEFA test first then FAI test (Irish FA),

https://talksport.com/football/772860/investigation-covid-testing-republic-of-ireland-players-false-positive-result/

An unnamed Republic of Ireland player returned a negative coronavirus test HOURS after testing positive.

This news comes on the day Aaron Connolly was permitted to meet up with his teammates again ahead of their clash against Finland in the Nations League on Wednesday.

It was revealed that Connolly was sat 10cm to close to the supposedly infected person in the Ireland camp

Connolly, along with Adam Idah, was withdrawn from the squad ahead of Thursday night’s Euro 2020 play-off semi-final in Slovakia following what proved to be a false positive result for a member of the non-football staff.

A Football Association of Ireland statement said: “The Football Association of Ireland can confirm that a member of Stephen Kenny’s Ireland squad has returned a negative result from a second COVID-19 test today after first returning a positive result from a UEFA test undertaken on Sunday evening.

“The player – who cannot be named at this time – first received a positive result from the UEFA testers on Monday morning in the latest round of UEFA testing for COVID-19 ahead of the Nations League game against Finland in Helsinki on Wednesday.

“The FAI medical team then organised a second test for the player which returned a negative result this afternoon.

“The player will now be retested as soon as possible before the team’s flight to Finland on Tuesday morning. The HSE and UEFA have been informed of this result.”

Then again :rofl:https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12020/12102986/republic-of-ireland-player-withdraws-from-squad-after-second-positive-coronavirus-test-in-three-days woops!

A statement read: "The FAI can confirm that the player who initially tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday night is now out of the Ireland squad for the UEFA Nations League game in Finland, after the second of two tests on Monday produced a positive result.

"The player - who cannot be named - had received a positive result from a UEFA test on Sunday followed by a negative result from a second test on Monday morning.

"A third test has now come back positive and the player will now self-isolate for the next 10 days as per HSE guidelines. No members of the Irish squad or the backroom team have been identified as close contacts of the player.

"Ireland manager Stephen Kenny will not call up any replacements for the Finland fixture in light of this news. The HSE and UEFA will be informed of the latest positive result and the player's withdrawal from the Irish squad."

Edited by HMFC01

Footballfirst

QOTS coaching staff ruled out for tomorrow's game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54567578

Queen of the South will be without manager Allan Johnston and his entire coaching staff for Saturday's opening Scottish Championship match because of a positive Covid test.

The whole coaching team have to self-isolate under Scottish government guidelines after a member of the backroom staff contracted the virus.

Senior players Willie Gibson and Stephen Dobbie will take temporary charge of the side for the trip to face Ayr United at Somerset Park.

Edited by Footballfirst

UK Government response to fans at grounds 

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Allow football fans to attend matches at all levels”.

Government responded:

We will take the earliest opportunity to look again at getting spectators safely back into stadia but this must clearly be done carefully against the prevailing health conditions.

Football clubs form the bedrock of our communities and play a vital role in the local economy. Their importance has been clearly demonstrated throughout the pandemic with clubs at all levels providing incredible support to their area.

That is why the Government is committed to supporting sports clubs up and down the country, with many football clubs benefitting from the Government’s unprecedented financial support to businesses.

The Government is fully aware of the importance of getting spectators back into stadia for many sports, and the financial consequences of the decision not to allow this from 1 October. The evidence received from the Chief Medical Officer was very clear that at a time of rapidly rising infections, and when the Government was considering restrictions elsewhere, it was not the right time to undertake any further easements.

We will continue to work closely with a whole range of sports to understand the latest thinking that might allow spectators to return. This includes the creation of a new Sports Technology Innovation Working Group of sporting bodies and health experts to analyse new technologies which might support this. This will supplement the draft government guidance, and the SGSA supplementary guidance to their Green Guide, which has been internationally welcomed.

We are committed to getting spectators back into stadia as soon as it is safe to do so.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

According to Companies House, Aberdeen has just issued of 9,074,220 new shares at 32p, raising £2.9m.

DFE or someone investing? 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Rods said:

DFE or someone investing? 

I don't think they had that level of debt when Cormack took over, so I'd guess new cash to help with their running costs.

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think they had that level of debt when Cormack took over, so I'd guess new cash to help with their running costs.

ah cheers 

See the beaks are to ask the clubs again to vote in favour of giving them express power over Covid related issues. Apparently they fell that clubs may have had a change of heart. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

See the beaks are to ask the clubs again to vote in favour of giving them express power over Covid related issues. Apparently they fell that clubs may have had a change of heart. 

Doncaster  saying that several clubs have intimated they would now vote in favour.  Wouldn't  believe a word that comes out his mouth.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Or they could ask them to vote now on a detailed proposal. How to end league etc. Takes away the problem of clear advantage though should have been done before season started. 

Hagar the Horrible
21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Cormack reported that the sheep were losing £1m per month. They were desperate for a full house against sevco. The new stadium is binned. He might keep them going. But let's see where they are after no fans for a full season. I will go all Keegan to Richard Gordon and u Dinny unnerstaun Willie

10 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Cormack reported that the sheep were losing £1m per month. They were desperate for a full house against sevco. The new stadium is binned. He might keep them going. But let's see where they are after no fans for a full season. I will go all Keegan to Richard Gordon and u Dinny unnerstaun Willie

I think there will be casualties before very long. At least three in the PL are almost on their uppers as far as cash flow I believe.