Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

16 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Some of your posters are correct, namely get your squad overseas for 2/3 weeks to some sunny training camp to GIRU them - you loot can well afford it! You never know, but by the time you return the Premiership will be closed.

ahah ! the voice of reason and common sense - what a 2 fingered salute that would be !

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

28 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw this earlier from a journalist and think it is the best summary of what happened.

We (and some non-league clubs) are being thrown under the bus to protect the Premiership (in particular Celtic and the Sky Deal) and probably to satisfy some moaning Championship chairmen.

The SKY deal has to be protected at all costs. That’s what is driving this imo. 

11 minutes ago, Faither said:

Hi Beastie Boy, what's with the green face ? - green is not welcome here !

I’m undercover Hibs, mate.

10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

90% waffle but 30% spot on. 

See now why you've only progressed to pushing a broom around at the Yooni.

Actually, I get to unlock doors too.

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Well that should put any doubt about who to blame to bed.

Anyone else trying to absolve SPFL by blaming SG is at it.

It won’t. Either because of trolling, or stupidity... sometimes both.

The bit that I find nauseating though, is that some Hearts supporters will jump on a Doncaster/Petrie lie designed to protect them from comeback after ****ing us over, due to their political beliefs.

Edited by Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

How the fk does Leitch know?  Those SPFL morons don't answer their phones & we all know about their email system. 

Well he’s in charge of this so I would think he knows what the Scottish Government say to these useless *****.

24 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Government policy is inconsistent .......

Celtic player breaches rules and plays vs Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock players and staff who came in contact carry on as if nothing has happened with blessing of authorities.

Aberdeen players who go into a source of infection have to self isolate.

Hearts follow the rules and are instructed to suspend training!

Scottish Football Authorities are a joke and alas now it appears they are being aided, abetted and supported by the Government!

On the self-isolating issue the government policy is consistent and is the same for football as for the general public.

You need to self isolate if you:

- Have symptoms.

- Live with someone who has symptoms.

- Come into (significant) contact with someone confirmed as having COVID.

- You have returned from a country that is not on the government "air corridors" list.

You do not need to self-isolate if you come into contact with someone who has breached self-isolation unless that person has tested positive for COVID.

The Aberdeen players either had COVID or were in close contact with someone who has tested positive for it

The Celtic and Kilmarnock players have not been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Some of your posters are correct, namely get your squad overseas for 2/3 weeks to some sunny training camp to GIRU them - you loot can well afford it! You never know, but by the time you return the Premiership will be closed.

Actually a great idea, to France. Rangers and Celtic already went over there for a tournament. We can play some friendlies too. No quarantine needed. Or maybe England even.

Edited by ToqueJambo

30 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The stuff about some clubs wanting to start training is probably another lie. Which of them has given any public indication of taking their players out of furlough before this?

This stinks of clubs who want to wait until the last possible day for returning to training, and keeping their players on furlough in the meantime, trying to prevent Hearts from training too. They’ll just keep extending the pause in training until it suits them to start, thereby holding us back. It’s all self interest and deceit again, aided and abetted by Doncaster and Petrie. Hearts have to fight this blatant attempt to hurt us further. It should not be left to the SPFL when clubs can start training again. They are too dishonest, and will not be in any rule book. 
It has to come from the Scottish government.

We should be calling for every Championship club to release their training and funding plans for independent review including communications with players.

It's just another lie whether it be from the SFA-SPFL directly or lies to them by clubs.

Unfortunately travelling to England or Greece to train doesn't help. If this was Scottish Government guidance then it would only apply in Scotland. But it is SFA / SPFL guidance and that applies to their members wherever they are. From that point of view Hearts would be as well just carrying on training at Oriam as the location is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I’m undercover Hibs, mate.

Actually, I get to unlock doors too.

It won’t. Either because of trolling, or stupidity... sometimes both.

The bit that I find nauseating though, is that some Hearts supporters will jump on a Doncaster/Petrie lie designed to protect them from comeback after ****ing us over, due to their political beliefs.

Have to be careful what I say but some of those supposed Hearts 'supporters' see us as having 'cousins' wearing a different colour.

Anyone who can't or won't see where the blame lies here has an agenda imo

jamboinglasgow

On August 25th, the next SPFL ruling in agreement with Championship clubs is that Hearts must loan their best 9 players out to the other Championship clubs.

Then On 10th September, the next ruling will be that in fairness to all, any team facing Hearts in the league will be given a 2 goal head start.

On 2nd October, the SPFL will announce that there will be no promotion from the Championship to the Premiership for teams starting with the letter H.

On 10th October, the SPFL will declare that in solidarity to the Championship clubs, Hearts have to pay a £250,000 solidarity payment to each Championship club as the wealthiest club in the league to help them out.

On 16th October the SPFL will announce that Hearts will have no home fans at Tynecastle all season for fear of Covid, but Hearts fans will be able to attend away games, however they must not make any noise, pay for two full price tickets and if fans dont fill out the away end, Hearts must pay the shortfall....

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Actually a great idea, to France. Rangers and Celtic already went over there for a tournament. We can play some friendlies too. No quarantine needed. Or maybe England even.

France goes on the quarantine list at 04.00 on Saturday.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Unfortunately travelling to England or Greece to train doesn't help. If this was Scottish Government guidance then it would only apply in Scotland. But it is SFA / SPFL guidance and that applies to their members wherever they are. From that point of view Hearts would be as well just carrying on training at Oriam as the location is irrelevant.

That guidance is based on Scot Gov advice, according to them. Although I do agree we could just train as normal as they can't ban a club from training if the Scottish gov are fine with it. How could they? We could train 24 hors a day 365 days a week if we wanted to. Since when did the SFA and SPFL have an influence on training programs?

Anyhow, we already had permission to train before other Championship clubs ( who chose not to) so the "unfair" thing doesn't apply.

Edited by ToqueJambo

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I assume the Celtic rep at the initial meeting after the Aberdeen fiasco didn't bother mentioning the Boli thing despite them already investigating it internally at that time.

TJ.......I give you Lennon & Brownie....need we say more?

Boli getting a route out of Darkhead to France. Did Celtic know about his overnight visit?

No doubt he will get a settlement in return for his silence.....Conspiracy I know, but oh if this was true!

Hearts should turn up for training and if questioned state we are awaiting clarification from SG & we will appeal any SFA/SPFL decision which prevents the players continuing the previously agreed training/testing regime. Drag it out for the next couple of weeks 

It's as simple as this. The Scottish Govt told the SFA/SFPL Joint Response Group (JRG) to get their house in order after the Aberdeen and Celtic debacles. That's a fact.

From there, the JRG have taken that as free license to single out Hearts for (further) arbitrary punishment. Why? Because they can. Because we're the club marked out for a kicking by the SFA, the SFPL, and virtually every other member club. Also a fact.

The JRG update also states that 24th is the earliest we can train again as it is “subject to updated government advice on the 20th”.

Given that the government advice has not changed what update is the JRG now hoping for on the 20th that is not already in place?

heartandsoul
35 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

We have but your club has been done over yet again much more so than ours in this instance - you've gone ahead to implement elite level testing arrangements, remove furlough and present new contracts at not inconsiderable expense. Ridiculous decision. 

Ouch! & well be playing a fair few of these community hubs too! 

I look forward to making a few visits to see the Jags, when Hearts are away, once fans are allowed back to games. I will give the decent guys my money rather than these clubs who were full of self interest...except Inverness.

Guest ToqueJambo

The "unfair advantage" thing from the SFA's rationale is just priceless. Just like we were unfortunate when being bottom of the league when the league was called, so the other Championship clubs are unfortunate not to already be training when training was paused. Just like there was no help for us, there should be no help for the other Champ clubs. Just like it was our own fault for being bottom of the league, it's their own fault for keeping their players on furlough for longer to save money. They'll just have to "take their medicine" and start training later. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The "unfair advantage" thing from the SFA's rationale is just priceless. Just like we were unfortunate when being bottom of the league when the league was called, so the other Championship clubs are unfortunate not to already be training when training was paused. Just like there was no help for us, there should be no help for the other Champ clubs. Just like it was our own fault for being bottom of the league, it's their own fault for keeping their players on furlough for longer to save money. They'll just have to "take their medicine" and start training later. 

Yip, you couldn’t make it up. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

On the self-isolating issue the government policy is consistent and is the same for football as for the general public.

You need to self isolate if you:

- Have symptoms.

- Live with someone who has symptoms.

- Come into (significant) contact with someone confirmed as having COVID.

- You have returned from a country that is not on the government "air corridors" list.

You do not need to self-isolate if you come into contact with someone who has breached self-isolation unless that person has tested positive for COVID.

The Aberdeen players either had COVID or were in close contact with someone who has tested positive for it

The Celtic and Kilmarnock players have not been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.

Thank you! That is refreshingly sensible!

What I struggle to understand is, when the government is encouraging people to go back to their place of work and the Hearts staff return was fully endorsed, why they (whoever they are!) have now stopped these staff members from attending their place of work for at least 10 days.

It’s outrageous unnecessary and just not right!

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That guidance is based on Scot Gov advice, according to them. Although I do agree we could just train as normal as they can't ban a club from training if the Scottish gov are fine with it. How could they? We could train 24 hors a day 365 days a week if we wanted to. Since when did the SFA and SPFL have an influence on training programs?

Anyhow, we already had permission to train before other Championship clubs ( who chose not to) so the "unfair" thing doesn't apply.

The SFA are the governing body for all aspects of the sport including training. The SFA have instructed teams not to train as part of their response to a pandemic. I think it would be fairly easy to make a disrepute charge stick at that point. Let's be honest, if another club decided to breach SFA protocols just before the start of the championship season, putting our season at risk, we would be calling for them to be severely punished.

None of that makes it a good decision. Its an absolute travesty. But if we were to breach it by training anywhere in the world, I'd expect us to get hammered an have no recourse.

The only way we are going to overturn this decision is by enough noise being made about the unfairness of it. But that won't happen. We aren't one of the Old Firm so this issue isn't going to be raise at the FMs press conference tomorrow and isn't going to dominate news bulletins and sports programmes for weeks. 

maroonedinoz

Surely they will see sense and allow  'special exemptions' for clubs who can clearly demonstrate that they have the suitable level of Covid Prevention measures in place.

Doesn't take much for the medical authorities to draw up a check list of preventative measures that must be adhered to.

I can see why there is a concern over part timers who spend time in the outside workforce, but a simple 'blanket' ban  penalises those who may already have fully  implemented appropriate  protective measures to the level they require.

The emphasis should be on the level of measures in place at each individual club, not on the level they play at.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The SFA are the governing body for all aspects of the sport including training. The SFA have instructed teams not to train as part of their response to a pandemic. I think it would be fairly easy to make a disrepute charge stick at that point. Let's be honest, if another club decided to breach SFA protocols just before the start of the championship season, putting our season at risk, we would be calling for them to be severely punished.

None of that makes it a good decision. Its an absolute travesty. But if we were to breach it by training anywhere in the world, I'd expect us to get hammered an have no recourse.

The only way we are going to overturn this decision is by enough noise being made about the unfairness of it. But that won't happen. We aren't one of the Old Firm so this issue isn't going to be raise at the FMs press conference tomorrow and isn't going to dominate news bulletins and sports programmes for weeks. 

So we should just "take our medicine" again.

How about we raise merry hell to the point that the SG can't ignore it? Do we put the players on furlough again for a couple of weeks and publicise the cost to the taxpayer?

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, but according to them that was based on Scot Gov advice. They can't stop hearts going on a two week pre-season/team bonding to England or France. Any team can start training whenever they want. In a regular season we could just have a 3 day holiday and start training again immediately, while other clubs have a 3 week holiday. That's all up to clubs. No different here, just as the SFA had no say in how clubs worked with their own players during shutdown.

This s the first I've ever heard of the SFA/SPFL telling clubs when they can train and otherwise work with their own paid employees.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Aussie Jambo

Luke Freeman saying “Hey, this belongs to the SPFL “. 

giphy.gif

It’s time to take out the trash with Petrie and Doncaster.  

Let’s get it ooonnnnnnnn!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524d4d3eba9857b00d78

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, you couldn’t make it up. 

Ffs Dave.

How wrong can you be 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The JRG update also states that 24th is the earliest we can train again as it is “subject to updated government advice on the 20th”.

Given that the government advice has not changed what update is the JRG now hoping for on the 20th that is not already in place?

Government have given an indicative date of 24th August for the return of all organised outdoor contact sport, following the guidance of the relevant sports body. This will allow amateur football to start again without the same testing requirements currently being implemented in the professional game (although it will require some special measures to be taken). I'm unclear if at that point professional teams will be allowed to stop testing. That date of the 24th is subject to review and confirmation by Scottish Government on the 20th.

The fact that we have now effectively been lumped in with Sunday league football is outrageous.

Jambof3tornado

Now is the time Hearts should be questioning teams abilities to actually get going in the league.

Not a chance every team will be ok.

40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I assume the Celtic rep at the initial meeting after the Aberdeen fiasco didn't bother mentioning the Boli thing despite them already investigating it internally at that time.

During an interview with NL he was asked when Celtic found out and he said it was before Jason Leitch had his chat with all the Managers and Captains. Surprisingly NL did not mention it during that meeting and knew it was going to break.

It worries me that this has not been made a big issue by, if nobody else, the SG ....................Mental

3:30 into the interview & sorry for the adverts

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12047154/celtic-appalled-at-bolingoli-actions 

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How are they going to manage this going forward then? when does it become fair advantage? 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Government have given an indicative date of 24th August for the return of all organised outdoor contact sport, following the guidance of the relevant sports body. This will allow amateur football to start again without the same testing requirements currently being implemented in the professional game (although it will require some special measures to be taken). I'm unclear if at that point professional teams will be allowed to stop testing. That date of the 24th is subject to review and confirmation by Scottish Government on the 20th.

The fact that we have now effectively been lumped in with Sunday league football is outrageous.

We should train or send the SFA an invoice to cover all our wage, Oriam and other costs for the 10 day training shutdown period. They don't have a leg to stand on. the "unfair advantage" thing simply doesn't apply as clubs can train whenever they want. Hearts should not be penalised for being able to afford to take our players off furlough earlier than other clubs. May as well penalise Celtic for spending 20 times what other clubs spend on players to get an "unfair advantage".

Lone Striker
37 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This remains to be confirmed. To me, it looks like the SG assumed they were dealing with honest, straightforward  people. They must now know they’ve been played like a fiddle. 
This is why I think Hearts should contact the SG directly and ask them if they can, legally, continue training. There won’t be any rules in the SPFL articles that allow them to stop a club from training, unless the government forbids it.

We must leave no hiding place for the SG or Petrie’s JRG.

Good post.    If (as appears likely) the SG say that they are not requiring clubs who are currently training to cease,  then  Hearts  should press the  JRG relentlessly to declare why training is an issue. No friendly games are taking place - it's just in-house training, following all the COVID guidance.    

Maybe this is a storm in a teacup ..... I don't know...  after all, we're already angry as hell with SPFL/SFA .  If other clubs start (and are allowed to start) training around 24th August, then all we've lost is (yet more) money by ending furlough earlier than we should have - despite being given the green light by you-know-who to do so.

Can't help feeling that the risk of no football at all in 2020 for  70% of clubs  (inc. us)  is a distinct possibility though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pagey said:

How are they going to manage this going forward then? when does it become fair advantage? 

The "unfairness" in this case seems to come from the fact we have more money than other Champ clubs and so could start testing, etc earlier. I fail to see how the SFA can argue this given how much more money Celtic and Rangers have. If that's really a concern, they should bring in a wage cap and other measures to make the league "fairer". It's a joke.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The "unfairness" in this case seems to come from the fact we have more money than other Champ clubs and so could start testing, etc earlier. I fail to see how the SFA can argue this given how much more money Celtic and Rangers have. If that's really a concern, they should bring in a wage cap and other measures to make the league "fairer". It's a joke.

Totally, next it'll be like the draft system over here where the shit teams are allowed to get first dibs on free agents or something. Madness and incompetence in equal measure.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So we should just "take our medicine" again.

How about we raise merry hell to the point that the SG can't ignore it? Do we put the players on furlough again for a couple of weeks and publicise the cost to the taxpayer?

Oh, I'm totally up for the raise merry hell approach. I've been in the "burn it all down" camp for months. Preferably in a a way that sees some teams die never to return. I'm just saying that it won't work in the sense that it won't lead to the decision being overturned. If we had a functions sports press it might. This would be seen for the injustice it is and the media would go on the attack against the SFA and SPFL, but we've just been through a far greater injustice and most of the press barely let out a peep. That doesn't mean it isn't worth raising merry hell, which at the very least will help keep the fans onside.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, but according to them that was based on Scot Gov advice. They can't stop hearts going on a two week pre-season/team bonding to England or France. Any team can start training whenever they want. In a regular season we could just have a 3 day holiday and start training again immediately.

This s the first I've ever heard of the SFA/SPFL telling clubs when they can train and otherwise work with their own paid employees.

It isn't a normal season. The SFA and SPFL have made this decision. It will be binding on their members. I'm slightly baffled that after what Hearts have gone through over the past couple of months there are still fans that think the governing bodies aren't able to impose their rules on us, no matter how crap those rules might be.

They can't stop us going and training in France (although the whole team would have to self-isolate for two weeks on return) but they could then charge us with bringing the game into disrepute for breaching their guidance.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly, but those clubs are under furlough so are not paying their players so can operate like that, Hearts have players who earn more than furlough so Hearts are losing money each week anyway in a way other clubs wont be.

Is it not also "unfair" that we have been told it was fine to start training, taking players of furlough, carrying out expensive testing only be told we have to pause training for 11 days, in the meantime we cant put those players back on furlough. Thus because of championship chairmen moaning about fairness, we are wasting more money then ever. How is that all fair.

The SPFL if it had any balls, should have told those chairmen to shut up, they have got everything they wanted already, they didn't complain about this before.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

TJ.......I give you Lennon & Brownie....need we say more?

Boli getting a route out of Darkhead to France. Did Celtic know about his overnight visit?

No doubt he will get a settlement in return for his silence.....Conspiracy I know, but oh if this was true!

He better not stall on the deal if he visits  them, two week quarantine if he comes back 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈!

The SPFL (& SFA) are making and operating rules that are stifling, suffocating and will ultimately destroy Hearts unless they are stopped.

It feels like Doncaster is on a mission to destroy Ann Budge and / or Hearts.

At a time like this all Hearts Supporters must stand behind, Ann, the Club and the badge. Doncaster must be defeated!

I’ll be making an extra FOH payment on Friday.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
25 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

Surely they will see sense and allow  'special exemptions' for clubs who can clearly demonstrate that they have the suitable level of Covid Prevention measures in place.

Doesn't take much for the medical authorities to draw up a check list of preventative measures that must be adhered to.

I can see why there is a concern over part timers who spend time in the outside workforce, but a simple 'blanket' ban  penalises those who may already have fully  implemented appropriate  protective measures to the level they require.

The emphasis should be on the level of measures in place at each individual club, not on the level they play at.

They haven't seen sense since the start of the pandemic. Why start now?

Edited by Bret the Hitman Hearts

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, but those clubs are under furlough so are not paying their players so can operate like that, Hearts have players who earn more than furlough so Hearts are losing money each week anyway in a way other clubs wont be.

Is it not also "unfair" that we have been told it was fine to start training, taking players of furlough, carrying out expensive testing only be told we have to pause training for 11 days, in the meantime we cant put those players back on furlough. Thus because of championship chairmen moaning about fairness, we are wasting more money then ever. How is that all fair.

The SPFL if it had any balls, should have told those chairmen to shut up, they have got everything they wanted already, they didn't complain about this before.

The unfairness complaint from other Championship clubs is particularly galling when Hearts agreed to support a shortened and late starting season even though that was clearly beneficial to the other clubs and not in the interest of Hearts. To then say we shouldn't even be allowed to train is crazy. 

So havent Hearts created there own Gorgie bubble?

Surely more secure than the SPFL Bubble,where players bugger off to Spain or hang about in Aberdeen pubs or get all touch feely with other SPFL teams on matchday.

kingsknowe_jambo

It’s not good for my health to be as incensed as I am today. People are going through enough stress and worry at the moment without these incompetent, selfish fools at The SPFL. Doncaster can’t conceivably come out of this with a job.

7 minutes ago, kingsknowe_jambo said:

It’s not good for my health to be as incensed as I am today. People are going through enough stress and worry at the moment without these incompetent, selfish fools at The SPFL. Doncaster can’t conceivably come out of this with a job.

He'll survive again.  

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Now is the time Hearts should be questioning teams abilities to actually get going in the league.

Not a chance every team will be ok.

correct. When furlough ends it’ll be like dominoes. Fek them

9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He'll survive again.  

as long as he sucking Lawells rod yep

Edited by 1971fozzy

I'm done, seriously this has just killed all my enthusiasm for the new season. Aberdeen and Celtic bring the SPFL into disrepute and somehow Hearts are the only club punished. For 4 months our club has been continually maimed, insulted and degenerated by the very governing bodies supposed to support the best interests of the clubs and I am just sick of it. Just fed up with Scottish football.

J.T.F.Robertson
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

He'll survive again.  

Probably better than that.

Unfair to the rest of the "Championship" yet our demotion he deemed as "the only fair solution", without trying a feckin leg to find any other. And all instigated by his beholdence to shellic.

7 hours ago, OTT said:

We should withdraw from the Scottish cup. 

I'm serious. We're confined into a league we shouldn't be in due to the league being called, we're unable to be playing football right now because the rest of the clubs are so ****ing diddy they can't start with the premiership and now we can't train because the SFA won't let us. 

Make absolutely no mistake, the Scottish cup being rolled over is nothing more than a grubby PR exercise so Celtic can claim another quadriple-riple-riple or whatever ****ing trophy they're on now. 

If we cannot train appropriately then it is not appropriate to participate. What if Naismith gets injured because he's not had enough time to train? Souttar, Haring? All at risk. No. **** them. 

Absolutely this 

The bit I don't get, well one of the bits, is that we found out at 4.30pm and it was a fait accompli. We were being told to stop training as there were a few championship chairmen complaining about an unfair advantage.

When were these chairmen consulted and why weren't we?

The SPFL wouldn't lie about things or have secret meetings that don't involve us would they?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, graygo said:

The bit I don't get, well one of the bits, is that we found out at 4.30pm and it was a fait accompli. We were being told to stop training as there were a few championship chairmen complaining about an unfair advantage.

When were these chairmen consulted and why weren't we?

The SPFL wouldn't lie about things or have secret meetings that don't involve us would they?

Moreover, WTF has this to do with championship chairmen in any case? Two clubs have screwed up in the league that is playing. Why are leagues who aren't playing even mentioned?