Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

100%.

But who Is prepared to dig far enough?

Can a journo not try and join his Twitter / Facebook / Instagram accounts under a false name?  Could be all are full of chat about the trip?  

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

As I understand it, the SPFL rules currently do not include a rule for deducting points from a team due to the postponement of a game as a result of a player's action (during lockdown).

With luck the rules will be updated BUT may not be back dated to be applied to Aberdeen and Celtic.

Personally, I would like to see:

Postponement

14 days quarantine

game awarded to opposition 3-0

3 pts deduction

Even if that is the case, the SPFL should bring  charges against the clubs for failing to fulfil their fixtures. And it's inconceivable that Celtic aren't being charged with fielding an ineligible player. 

Let the clubs have the front to say they're not accepting the charges and see what NS says about that.

Clubs failing to accept responsibility and a governing body that fails (is afraid to) govern. They are a national disgrace. 

The SPFL Board needs calle dout on this failure to act. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Even if that is the case, the SPFL should bring  charges against the clubs for failing to fulfil their fixtures. And it's inconceivable that Celtic aren't being charged with fielding an ineligible player. 

Let the clubs have the front to say they're not accepting the charges and see what NS says about that.

Clubs failing to accept responsibility and a governing body that fails (is afraid to) govern. They are a national disgrace. 

The SPFL Board needs calle dout on this failure to act. 

Technically he wan’t ineligible I imagine. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. Eligibility has to do with registration (and who you've already played for in cup competitions), etc. It's not for potentially having a virus and thus putting others at risk. Unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He was supposed to be in self isolation so he wasn't eligible but I agree your point.

No doubt the SPFL would argue that for THEIR purposes he was (back to the old chestnut about being "properly registered" that we saw with the demise of Rangers). 

Compare and contrast with the news that Premiership rugby clubs who fail to fulfil fixtures will be marked down as a 20- 0 defeat. That's how a governing body makes sure clubs/players act properly.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. Eligibility has to do with registration (and who you've already played for in cup competitions), etc. It's not for potentially having a virus and thus putting others at risk. Unfortunately.

Thar would be my guess as well. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

He was supposed to be in self isolation so he wasn't eligible but I agree your point.

No doubt the SPFL would argue that for THEIR purposes he was (back to the old chestnut about being "properly registered" that we saw with the demise of Rangers). 

Compare and contrast with the news that Premiership rugby clubs who fail to fulfil fixtures will be marked down as a 20- 0 defeat. That's how a governing body makes sure clubs/players act properly.

Certainly makes them focus. 

52 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Lennon totally failing to see that a postponement is a consequence of the player's action - it is not a punishment.

He is quoted in the papers today as talking about using the episode as a "motivation".

Seriously, the guy is off his rocker. 

And the idea that the SPFL is going to introduce some form of "community service" beggars belief. 

Scottish fitba, bud. 

It's hard to believe it's real. 

So, the questions to Celtic are:

1.  Did you really have no clue that your player had left the country?  

2.  Really, truly?

3.  If a postponement is a punishment, would you agree that the punishment is also being applied to St Mirren and Hamilton, whose players (to the best of my knowledge) did not crowd into a bar or ignore quarantine laws?

There you go journalists.  You can cut and paste if you want.

2 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Spot checks are being done. I flew from Faro to Manchester in July. My electronic form was checked (not in detail). I travelled by train to Scotland that day. 2 days later I had a food parcel delivered from local council who had been given my details from the online database. 

Sorry, about a week or two in when quaranteening introduced I saw a report of no formal government agency - police checks having been done at the addresses.

6 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

2.  Really, truly?

3.  If a postponement is a punishment, would you agree that the punishment is also being applied to St Mirren and Hamilton, whose players (to the best of my knowledge) did not crowd into a bar or ignore quarantine laws?

I have just looked at the video again of NL saying how "livid" he and the club were etc etc. etc.

Now I am not a psychologist but It looks to me that he is lying.  

Hagar the Horrible

My Gut instinct was he was lying.  The player himself should come out and say...they gave me permission, that would break the Internet, He wont play for Celtic again anyway

10 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

My Gut instinct was he was lying.  The player himself should come out and say...they gave me permission, that would break the Internet, He wont play for Celtic again anyway

Interestingly NL says that he and the club were aware of the incident before the Manager & Captain chat with Jason Leitch but did not mention it during the chat.

That suggests to me a bit of a breach of "in the utmost good faith" right there and also that they hoped it would go away and not hit the papers.

Poor wee downtrodden victims that they are. 

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

what is the deal with what happens when you hop off a plane from a country on the isolation list anyone know?  Surely you are told when going through passport etc.  They should be filtered into a different area to queue for passports etc too.  Naivety is no excuse

my neighbors came back on Monday night and they are away to work, kids away to schools etc - they obviously don't give a sh1t, but outbreaks are easily created from just a couple of folk not following the rules

Celtic knew where Boli was, he came back and trained with them, went to a game, leaving a huge potential COVID spider to develop and countless folk at risk 

I’d be dropping an anonymous note through their letterbox - go to work and send your kids to school and you’ll be getting a visit from the authorities

4 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Sending you a food parcel is not a spot check it is to give you food while you are in self isolation

Yep but they needed to have known where and when I was at home. Given I had been out of the country for 6 months. 

I see Gordon Smith ex SFA, is saying clubs whose players cause a game being postponed, should forfeit the points.

2 minutes ago, David Black said:

I see Gordon Smith ex SFA, is saying clubs whose players cause a game being postponed, should forfeit the points.

Aye, but he wouldn't be saying that if he were still in charge. Just a talking head now.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

Yeah, starting now. The horse has already bolted. Aberdeen should have set the precedent. Now we're looking at punishing the third team.

As long as it's not Newco.

25 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Yeah, starting now. The horse has already bolted. Aberdeen should have set the precedent. Now we're looking at punishing the third team.

As long as it's not Newco.

They have to punish the Aberdeen players and Boli if not the clubs. 

Or wait till next season because everyone will say 'why did you let them off', 'Its not fair' when punishments start for others. 

There is a view that there will be punishments. 

3 hours ago, AndrewB said:

2.  Really, truly?

Send that in to the BBC. 

That's a belter. 

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’d be dropping an anonymous note through their letterbox - go to work and send your kids to school and you’ll be getting a visit from the authorities

This

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, David Black said:

I actually agree with him, but - Gordon Smith, ex Rangers?  Will be seen as having an agenda.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, David Black said:

He had his chance when CEO of the SFA, and didnt lift a finger, as such his opinion Carries as much weight as my own, hee haw.

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He had his chance when CEO of the SFA, and didnt lift a finger, as such his opinion Carries as much weight as my own, hee haw.

The minute Sevco were unmasked for the EBT scandal he quit his SFA role. 

32 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The minute Sevco were unmasked for the EBT scandal he quit his SFA role. 

Was he not SFA head boy when we were fined for not showing “utmost good faith” also?

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Was he not SFA head boy when we were fined for not showing “utmost good faith” also?

I don't recall but he def bailed from the SFA when the EBT scandal broke. 

Brave Hearts

And, interestingly, after his stint at SFA he then became DoF at huns..

and in 2013, he then declared himself bankrupt .......

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, David Black said:

He Makes no sense tho in relation to the cases, tho. 

Aberdeen and celtic would have been be able to play with what players were allowed, postponement came from nowhere.

If a city is in lock down for a outbreak then that is a different situation, can't punish a club because a city goes into lock down and the teams aren't allowed to play by the sg. 

Postponed should not even be an option for players breaking the rules, they'll be easy 50/60 players on the books of these clubs, smith is only correct unless if the teams unable to field one as the whole team is in isolation - very unlikely. 

15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He Makes no sense tho in relation to the cases, tho. 

Aberdeen and celtic would have been be able to play with what players were allowed, postponement came from nowhere.

If a city is in lock down for a outbreak then that is a different situation, can't punish a club because a city goes into lock down and the teams aren't allowed to play by the sg. 

Postponed should not even be an option for players breaking the rules, they'll be easy 50/60 players on the books of these clubs, smith is only correct unless if the teams unable to field one as the whole team is in isolation - very unlikely. 

Don't agree. If a player is in quarantine then the club is effectively in quarantine. Aberdeen are having postponements because players breached guidelines not because punters in Aberdeen did.  Likewise Celtic's Boli still has a few days of quarantine to go, and every player he trained with is effectively in quarantine too...

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Don't agree. If a player is in quarantine then the club is effectively in quarantine. Aberdeen are having postponements because players breached guidelines not because punters in Aberdeen did.  Likewise Celtic's Boli still has a few days of quarantine to go, and every player he trained with is effectively in quarantine too...

Are Aberdeen having to postpone due to the City outbreak or the footballer players breaking the rules, I'm unsure now. 

Regarding celtic, they could test the players before playing? 

Breaking the rules--the team should still be able to play without the players in question. 

If all players are unable to play, then the game should be awarded to the opponent, but Aberdeen could have fielded a team to play without the 8 involved. 

It should have Been played, not postponed or forfieghted imo. 

City in lock down and sg says no sports games isn't a clubs fault, if that happens then it's different. 

17 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

And, interestingly, after his stint at SFA he then became DoF at huns..

and in 2013, he then declared himself bankrupt .......

does that mean he is now THE Gordon Smith?

Ex member of the SaS

Can't understand the " could still play " comments. Those who broke the rules would have been in contact with the rest of the team therefore the chances of contamination are high. That should mean everyone who they had contact with should isolate for 14 days.

Now not sure if those Aberdeen players were in close contact with the team, and maybe in their situation, they should have played without those players. However in Celtic's place, he played and was in close contact with the team in the dressing room etc. Therefore they should all isolate this should also include the opposition players just to be safe. However the opposition should not be penalised as they had no control.

Does the new statement from the response group mean we have to cease training?

Edited by Homme

Just now, Homme said:

Does the new statement from the response group mean we have to cease trianing?

Wondered the exact same

13/08/20

THE JOINT RESPONSE GROUP TODAY OUTLINES A WIDE RANGE OF MEASURES AGREED WITH THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT TO REINFORCE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL’S COMMITMENT TO PUBLIC HEALTH AND ADHERENCE TO PROTOCOLS.

These measures have been approved by the JRG and follow extensive discussions with Scottish Government Ministers and health advisers.  

They are as follows: 

ENFORCEMENT - The JRG has worked to ensure that existing rules will be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government public health guidelines. This will encompass recent breaches and  further details will be provided tomorrow.  

EVALUATION - In order to provide government health officials with the necessary confidence that Scottish football can return safely and in accordance with relevant government guidelines and football protocols, the Scottish FA has agreed that the return to training for clubs outwith the SPFL Premiership – which includes all organised adult football over-18 - will be delayed until at least 24 August, pending updated government guidance on the 20th. This is to ensure that:

• All club facilities comply with the current JRG Protocols, social distancing and hygiene measures.

• All club policies and procedures comply with the current protocols and government guidance.

• Club testing regimes in the professional game comply with the protocols.

• Players and staff at all levels of the game have been reminded of the latest government guidance. 

EDUCATION - Professor Jason Leitch, the National Clinical Director for Scotland, has produced a video message outlining, in the clearest terms, what professional footballers can and cannot do within the existing government guidelines. This message with be reinforced on a regular basis via digital communication.  

ENGAGEMENT 
- The SPFL and Scottish FA have gifted Scottish Government advertising space to promote public health messaging on matchdays in-stadia, using LED advertising and via other owned assets for all SPFL competitions and the William Hill Scottish Cup semifinals and final. 

Rod Petrie, Joint Response Group Chair: “The message from First Minister could not have been clearer. The JRG must now ensure that the planned resumption of football beyond the Scottish Premiership is done in a controlled manner with the strictest adherence to protocols and guidelines.  

“The pause on the return to training for the professional game outwith the Scottish Premiership will not impact on the proposed start dates of the respective league competitions but will give sufficient time to reinforce protocols, educate players and make sure of the ability of clubs in the lower divisions to conform.” 

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “Today’s measures underline the fact that Scottish football is doing everything it possibly can to protect our game. The recent, high-profile breaches must be used as further motivation for all those with our game’s best interests at heart to comply absolutely with these necessary restrictions and safeguards.” 

EVALUATION - In order to provide government health officials with the necessary confidence that Scottish football can return safely and in accordance with relevant government guidelines and football protocols, the Scottish FA has agreed that the return to training for clubs outwith the SPFL Premiership – which includes all organised adult football over-18 - will be delayed until at least 24 August, pending updated government guidance on the 20th. This is to ensure that:

• All club facilities comply with the current JRG Protocols, social distancing and hygiene measures.

• All club policies and procedures comply with the current protocols and government guidance.

• Club testing regimes in the professional game comply with the protocols.

• Players and staff at all levels of the game have been reminded of the latest government guidance.

Looks like we're delayed until the 24th, yes.  

Berra than you

So because several dons players and a Celtic player broke the rules, we now can't train? That makes zero sense. None whatsoever. Punish the players who broke the rules, not the ones sticking by them. If anything Aberdeen's players are getting off with it as they will be able to play the rescheduled games now.

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

We're back. Seemed to have got 'special' authority. We're mentioned individually in the Covid tests.

Whoever wrote the statement maybe forgot that. 

Talking about the clubs who're not back yet. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We're back. Seemed to have got 'special' authority. We're mentioned individually in the Covid tests.

Hope so 

Aberdeen and Celtic of the Premiership “blatantly” break the rules.

The solution = punish Hearts (and the other Championship/lower league sides) by suspending their pre-season training.

Many said on here (in jest) that the result will be punishment for Hearts. Incredibly (or should that be inevitably) that is exactly what has happened.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was thinking that too but it does say there are new guidelines in place now.  So we might have to re-educate the players.  Maybe needs clarified better so we know.  Any official statement from Hearts or a twitter post, something  😬

Total cop-out this, placing the blame solely on the players is absolutely the wrong deterrent.

The authorities were so hell-bent on punishing us for doing nothing wrong yet shit bricks if it will hit their favourites. Spreading Covid-19 could mean anything from damaging someone's fitness long-term to killing someone, yet all they are looking to do is protect the usual clubs and shift blame elsewhere. 

Immoral and corrupt. 

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The usual farcical ambiguous statement then. 

These players arnt the only ones breaking the rules. There will be many more out with pals mixing in pubs and stuff. A very high profile rangers striker for one. 

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yes.  So we are punished for others’  behaviour. And others in the supposed ‘top’ league. 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Jambomuzz said:

These players arnt the only ones breaking the rules. There will be many more out with pals mixing in pubs and stuff. A very high profile rangers striker for one. 

Although this is true, I think players will be more careful now. Also going to the pub isn't the issue, it's going in a very large group. And I as for the Celtic player... That's about as daft as it gets.

1 minute ago, Jambomuzz said:

I am not sure that is breaking any rules (even if daft)  if they stick to their bubble, unless footballers have agreed to stricter rules to allow football to recommence.  The Celtic breach was far more clear.   Either way, both clubs have got away with it without punishment.    And postponement is not a punishment.  Depending on when the games are played, it could be a benefit.  

The Continental Op
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

This happened in Russia, where Rostov had to quarantine their entire first team squad. Their next opponents objected to a postponement as it would have meant playing three games in eight days. Rostov had to register their youth squad as senior players, played them , losing 10-1 and ruining their Euro qualifying hopes.