• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

John Findlay

If the Celtic story is correct, then no-one could complain if the SG turned round and said, Scottish football you cannot be trusted to keep your house in order, you are closed down UFN.

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/5913371/coronavirus-scotland-government-pause-football-bolingoli-aberdeen-breaches/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1597096579

The Sun now quoting a Scottish government spokesman saying that they may have to shut things down after reviewing this breach.

Still cant understand how Boli had 4 days off. This obviously happened in the last 2 weeks, when were Celtic giving players that much time?

Conspiracy theory time.

The SPFL/SFA have been trying to say that it was the SG who postponed the game on Saturday so they could go to sky and say "it wasnae me but a big boy made me do it and ran away" so they are not penalised by SKY for breach of contract.

Perhaps that 1 breach of contract is so severe that the SPFL/SFA (CELTIC) are now in such deep excrement that it is imperative to have the SG close the game down so as to protect them from destroying the SKY contract. So here you go BOLI has just done a really really bad thing (honest guv) and the SG see no option but to shut down football.

SPFL/SFA "Phew that was close we nearly lost the contract and penalty clause that would bankrupt us".

Just a thought  

Guest ToqueJambo

Surprising (not surprising) lack of Celtic fans on Tom English's Twitter feed. 

They're usually all over his every Tweet the last few months.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

If the Celtic story is correct, then no-one could complain if the SG turned round and said, Scottish football you cannot be trusted to keep your house in order, you are closed down UFN.

But... but... the SPFL fixture computer... won’t somebody please think about the fixture computer.

Guest ToqueJambo

Boli was surely ineligible for Killie. It has to be a points deduction and fine minimum.

Celtic of course advanced twice in Europe despite getting humped by Legia Warsaw and Sion due to those two teams fielding ineligible players. If this had happened a couple of weeks later in a European game Celtic would have been thrown out of Europe.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Jambof3tornado

Had much been said about the party at the thumbs house??

I hope Sturgeon takes a hard line. The players are taking the fukkin piss. Who the hell do they think they are??

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Conspiracy theory time.

The SPFL/SFA have been trying to say that it was the SG who postponed the game on Saturday so they could go to sky and say "it wasnae me but a big boy made me do it and ran away" so they are not penalised by SKY for breach of contract.

Perhaps that 1 breach of contract is so severe that the SPFL/SFA (CELTIC) are now in such deep excrement that it is imperative to have the SG close the game down so as to protect them from destroying the SKY contract. So here you go BOLI has just done a really really bad thing (honest guv) and the SG see no option but to shut down football.

SPFL/SFA "Phew that was close we nearly lost the contract and penalty clause that would bankrupt us".

Just a thought  

You’re giving them far too much credit, it was the SG that shut down Saturdays game, will postpone Wednesdays game and hopefully close down the top league again shortly. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I hope Sturgeon takes a hard line. The players are taking the fukkin piss. Who the hell do they think they are??

Or the Hibs ***** in Livi at the weekend. 

Half expecting Celtic to come out blaming this on the number of subs.  “If we didn’t need to have 9 subs on the bench, then he wouldn’t have been in the match day squad!”

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

That’s a cracker of a story about Bolingoli in the Sun. Basically jetted off for a few days in Spain, ignored quarantine and played against Kilmarnock yesterday. 

Let’s see the SPFL take a firm line here (I’m of course being sarcastic. Doncaster is at Costco buying some huge brushes and a couple of spare carpets)

Doncaster probably asked him to bring him a tea towel, and  200 benson and hedges fags back for him, when he was droppin him off at the airport...

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Headline writes itself...

”Celtic score massive Bol-own-goal-i”

Did they not use that when they realised  how shite he was and that they paid £3m for him on a four year deal 😃😂🤣

Guest ToqueJambo

Interested to know if Celtic mentioned this at the Zoom meeting today with the gov and all clubs specifically to talk about testing and protocols etc. Given it seems they knew about it before the meeting.

If not......

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not on their hols surely.

Plus the idea that no-one at Celtic knew where he was going is riseable. They're no doubt going to blame the change in quarantine rules for Spain-Scotland at end July on causing confusion and they'll say if they knew he was off to Spain they'd not have let him go... Since when do players go on secret 4 day foreign holidays in between matches?

I can’t find anything one way or the other, one article says EPL clubs are unsure whether players will need to isolate for two weeks if they come back off holidays in Spain for example. 

I bet there is no sanction for Celtic as it was the player "acting on his own" with SPFL & SFA boards in a race to be first to exonerate them.

I think I've lost all faith in Scottish football now...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

I bet there is no sanction for Celtic as it was the player "acting on his own" with SPFL & SFA boards in a race to be first to exonerate them.

Surely there's a checklist before players play: "Have you visited any of these countries in the last 14 days?"

Footballfirst

The government should just say to the SFA and SPFL that there will be no football for the next two weeks, then tell them to use those two weeks to get the message over to the imbeciles in Scottish football that the whole shebang will be shutdown if they don't adhere to the government directives.

Edited by Footballfirst

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The government should just say to the SFA and SPFL that there will be no football for the next two weeks, then tell them to use those two weeks to get the message over to the imbeciles in Scottish football that the whole shebang will be shutdown if they don't adhere to the government directives.

Sounds good. Make it abundantly clear, they train/play go home, 2 households in your house at any one time maximum 8 folk and four households in a day, until further notice. Print it in capitals for them.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Stendelsarmy
36 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sturgeon can't say anything against Celtic though as she'll be alienating a large part of her support

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The SPFL has had FOUR MONTHS to ensure as smooth a start to the new season as possible. While other countries have been running football for weeks, you'd have thought they could have learned from others and had the time to perfect their approach.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hungry hippo

Not sure it will meet the criteria to be classed as an ineligible player despite it being a breach of the government rules that the clubs have agreed to.

Celtic deserve to be punished regardless but my opinion is that it won't be on the basis of him being ineligible given the definition of this is unlikely to cover this scenario.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Bolingoli had held his hands up. Reading the reports, it looks as if Celtic are genuinely seething here. Having Lawell on the SPFL board even twists the knife deeper. 

**** them.

Perfectly feasible Lawwell wouldn't have known about Boli not being present at training .

Coaching staff may have wondered where he was though ?

Bret the Hitman Hearts

What a terrible shame it would be if the Scottish government decided to shut down football again until say, October?

:gok:

Not holding my breath at all for the SPFL mafia to punish Celtic though. Did they actually punish Aberdeen at all?

Celtic should fine that boy 6 months wages. Infact if he was to prove positive and it is found that he has infected others, other clubs should sue him personally for negligence. 

Edited by Cruyff

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's an employee though.

If Mr. Smith went to Spain, then returned to work in his factory, he would have to isolste from his co-workers for 14 days.

Mr. Bolingoli is an employee. Under the same Government restrictions as Mr. Smith. 

Bolingoli should have been at home isolating,  had he told Celtic. Celtic then wouldn't have played him, as he was unavailable due to Covid-19 testing results and mandatory Government protocol.

Bolingoli has held up his hands and admitted his error. Celtic are apparently seething at him.

If Aberdeen turned around and played the 7 or 8 next match against Accies, despite them being isolated, do you think everyone would just say it's no big deal?

I get what you're saying, mate. Really. But there seems a stone cold case, that this guy should've been sat at home. Instead he gets 5 minutes at the end of a game, where I'd seriously doubt Celtic would be stupid enough to field him, had they known what they do now.

Not saying the SPFL will have the spine to call out Lawell/Celtic on this. But I don't think they're going to get the chance now. First questions tomorrow to Sturgeon, will be about this. You watch.

He's ****ed Celtic and potentially Scottish football for weeks now.

Don't disagree with any of that. My point was just that I'm not sure if it will meet the SPFL's rules to be classed as ineligible for the Killie game.

The clubs should keep their passports as they cannot be trusted.

very selfish thing to do putting his team mates and Kilmarnock players 

in danger,I wonder what bill leckie will have to say as he had enough to

say regarding the Aberdeen players 

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

How can you penalise a business / club for something that occurred outwith the working environment?

Apologiesfor cutting the rest of your post out, but easily. I realise you're aware of that.

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's an employee though.

If Mr. Smith went to Spain, then returned to work in his factory, he would have to isolste from his co-workers for 14 days.

Mr. Bolingoli is an employee. Under the same Government restrictions as Mr. Smith. 

Bolingoli should have been at home isolating,  had he told Celtic. Celtic then wouldn't have played him, as he was unavailable due to Covid-19 testing results and mandatory Government protocol.

Bolingoli has held up his hands and admitted his error. Celtic are apparently seething at him.

If Aberdeen turned around and played the 7 or 8 next match against Accies, despite them being isolated, do you think everyone would just say it's no big deal?

I get what you're saying, mate. Really. But there seems a stone cold case, that this guy should've been sat at home. Instead he gets 5 minutes at the end of a game, where I'd seriously doubt Celtic would be stupid enough to field him, had they known what they do now.

Not saying the SPFL will have the spine to call out Lawell/Celtic on this. But I don't think they're going to get the chance now. First questions tomorrow to Sturgeon, will be about this. You watch.

He's ****ed Celtic and potentially Scottish football for weeks now.

Spot on he has to abide with the same rules as anyone else arriving back from spain

Why did the clown Lennon give them 4 days off?  Can see now why they were sluggish vs Kilmarnock, holiday time at Celtic Park.  

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

NOW?

maroonedinoz

I dunno what it is with sportsmen..whether Plain stupidity or a feeling of self entitlement

we’ve had problems with NRL and Aussie Rules players over here too.

6 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Sturgeon can't say anything against Celtic though as she'll be alienating a large part of her support

Wish she had been stronger at the start of this pandemic and went with her own feelings of when lock down should have started or at least banned mass gatherings around the time Hamilton were bottom.

This latest incident will be used by the SG to make a lot of noise and to make a show of strong leadership.

Most likely it will be treated like a "strike two" for Scottish football. One more and you're out! Last chance saloon as it were.

Celtic won't be punished for this and they will take a firm stance with their player to show the world they've dealt with the matter.

Meanwhile Neil Doncaster will be in a cupboard somewhere licking his own feet.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Liewell will just tell Mr Vidication (from whom we are yet to hear a single utterance on this sorry episode) why should there be as AberCovid received no punishment. Bent as a nine bob note! 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

The clubs should keep their passports as they cannot be trusted.

very selfish thing to do putting his team mates and Kilmarnock players 

in danger,I wonder what bill leckie will have to say as he had enough to

say regarding the Aberdeen players 

Who gives a shite what that dickwipe Leckie has to say, on anything. 

The Mighty Thor

And suddenly the lack of action from the SPFL over the Aberdeen breach becomes crystal clear. 

I hope the SG shuts the whole tinpot shitshow down.  

The EPL managed to get through 8 or 9 rounds of leagues games plus FA cup games without anything like this. We have managed 1 round of fixtures. Amateur hour!!

I'm not even sure that these incidents will be the last! 

Another SPFL group chat, some more promises given, another rousing chorus about sticking together and we're all friends in these unprecedented times. Sweep, sweep nothing to see here......

Next......

maroonedinoz
5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

The EPL managed to get through 8 or 9 rounds of leagues games plus FA cup games without anything like this. We have managed 1 round of fixtures. Amateur hour!!

I'm not even sure that these incidents will be the last! 

Human Nature being what it is...it won't!

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Boli was surely ineligible for Killie. It has to be a points deduction and fine minimum.

Celtic of course advanced twice in Europe despite getting humped by Legia Warsaw and Sion due to those two teams fielding ineligible players. If this had happened a couple of weeks later in a European game Celtic would have been thrown out of Europe.

At least we now know why there was no punishment for Aberdeen... they would have to punish Shellick* also 🧐

...I know, stating the bleeding obvious!

Bazzas right boot

Neil Doncaster will be ripping of his face mask to reveal he's actually Mr bean. 

The voting system has been found out as being totally unfit for purpose in times of stress and when leadership and direction are needed. 

Even if the government does not shut things down now, what's the solution for another curtailed season, what is the solution if players continue to test positive across the teams, what's the solution if championship and below teams can't field a team, what happens if teams go into admin or liquidation and can't complete games. If games get postponed , what will sky do, they won't put up with it if it continues?

All likely, if not already happened and still there is no solution to any of these if they happen again? 

A vote, fight like rats in a sack, **** over clubs again? 

Just make it up? 

Let clubs like Stirling albion save bus fares so the likes of us and lower league teams are done over. 

A rudderless ship bouncing of icebergs until it eventually hits a titanic type one and sinks. 

Doncaster is the captain of the ship, the ship is a tanker and he is a.... 

All is OK tho, no change needed. 

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, maroonedinoz said:

I dunno what it is with sportsmen..whether Plain stupidity or a feeling of self entitlement

we’ve had problems with NRL and Aussie Rules players over here too.

Add to those two  more public attention than any job other than politicians and government advisers?

7 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

:rofl: