Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Dafty, read some news articles, the young and fit don't always survive and don't always get away with a simple recovery, many people with no underlying health issues have long-term health issues to look forward to. Some end up with e.g. lung transplants or other organ failures. Not many maybe, but it can and does happen!

They also spread it to their friends/ family and unfortunates, possibly even you?

70 US military personnel have died of covid to date, you might expect some of them to be as fit as a Scottish footballer! So stop being blase it just confirms a lack of thought, appreciation and probably education!

No-one is rejoicing in Aberdeen players being ill, especially as they are all asymptomatic anyhow according to Aberdeen, but everyone is laying into Aberdeen and the players for allowing it to happen.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Players contributing to the circumstances so a little bit less sympathy from me...

Scottish football narrowly avoided a catastrophic government intervention after eight Aberdeen stars were caught partying in a coronavirus hotspot.

Record Sport understands the Pittodrie club was on the brink of being forced into a two week lockdown by politicians and health experts after two of Derek McInnes’ players tested positive for Covid-19 following a team night out in the cluster hit city centre.

But, after late night crisis talks between Holyrood and Hampden’s Joint Response Group, it was agreed that the Dons will be permitted to take a heavily depleted squad to St Johnstone for Saturday's live TV showdown - so long as no more cases are confirmed within their squad in the next 24 hours.   

McInnes had to abandon a training session on Thursday following the first positive test and the furious manager immediately ordered an internal probe. Seven more team-mates admitted to being out on the town on Saturday night following a 1-0 defeat at home to Rangers on the opening day of the Premiership season.

It’s understood the entire squad then had to undergo a further round of swabs and that one player later posted a second positive test although he is awaiting the result of a follow up screening by the NHS.

But, while mortified club bosses hoped their stringent action might help calm the situation, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon convened an emergency meeting during which a plan to padlock Pittodrie for a fortnight, along with the club’s training facilities was discussed.

It was only after further crisis talks with the Joint Response Group that permission was given for Aberdeen to play on - despite a local lockdown across the Granite City which came into force from 5pm on Monday closing bars and restaurants and restricting travel to no more than five miles.

The clusters erupted around packed pubs in the city centre and Record Sport revealed on Wednesday that a number of Aberdeen players were spotted mingling with Saturday night revellers.

Holyrood advisers believe the players were in breach of the ‘return to training’ protocol which was specially drafted to allow top flight football to return to action on August 1.

A statement released from Hampden confirmed: “In light of the First Minister’s increased restrictions imposed on the city of Aberdeen since a significant outbreak of COVID-19 this week, and following further investigation by NHS Grampian’s Health Protection Team, the Scottish Government has instructed that both players will require to self-isolate, along with a further six players found to have been in close proximity to the initial positive player.

“The initial positive player will require to self-isolate for 10 days from yesterday, with the remaining seven players to self-isolate for 14 days from yesterday.

“This instruction for self-isolation has been unanimously endorsed by the Joint Response Group. In light of the action taken, and after consultation with Scottish Government, Aberdeen’s Scottish Premiership match against St Johnstone on Saturday will go ahead as scheduled.

It’s understood McInnes is also furious with the players while red faced chairman Dave Cormack apologised to the game’s governing bodies as the scale of the breach was becoming evident.

Edited by CJGJ

But, after late night crisis talks between Holyrood and Hampden’s Joint Response Group, it was agreed that the Dons will be permitted to take a heavily depleted squad to St Johnstone for Saturday's live TV showdown - so long as no more cases are confirmed within their squad in the next 24 hours. 

i bet they dont test any of their players over the next 24 hours

29 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Fully understand your comment, however it would be fairly evident come Saturday when their line up is announced.

I predicted this would be a likely outcome when the Aberdeen situation was announced & pictures appeared in the press on another thread yesterday. Almost certain (professional??) footballers would be in the middle of this!

Other Clubs will be stressing the need for their players to avoid the embarrassment now being felt by Aberdeen, maybe fortunate they are not in the same position as The Sheep.

So much for the man at the helm, Mr Dave Cormack who is not exactly showing leadership considering his flip flopping over the end of season vote.

Aberdeen FC............Take Your Medicine.

Hope Ann sends Cormack a wee message via the media, "Tell Dave I'm sorry to hear the news":lol:

You are assuming that it is the same  players going put for a drink but these are also the same players that share toilet and other facilitie6 sat the club. The oro-faecal route is another possible route of transmission and often ignored whilst people fixate on stopping people breathing in the general direction of one another.

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i bet they dont test any of their players over the next 24 hours

It would be interesting if any other player was confirmed as positive & if so, over to Mr Doncaster & his cohorts on SPFL Executive & Board to make a decision regarding the need to postpone (how many?) games over the next 14 days.

3 - 0 defeats?? Fines?? 

As much as I do not wish ill on the players health, their lack of professionalism is evident for all to see.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder how funny the gigly girl guide will find this on Sportsound. Csan't snigger at Hearts this time dickless! 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

This isn't the time to congratulate Aberdeen. They should be hammered. They should be keeping their players on a very tight leash right now. I mean they've spent the last few months talking about how financially devastating this whole thing is for them and they can't even get their players - professional ****ing athletes - to follow the most basic of safety measures.

This.

They, and others, have spent the last 4 months teaching their players nothing. So called professional clubs allowing their players to go and mix in busy city centre pubs, where fans would want to make contact with them.

The SFA/SPFL are correct to tell them they’ll need to use their squad to keep playing. 
Now the testing protocol has to be reinforced, to stop clubs covering up for the stupid behaviour within their playing and coaching staff.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder how funny the gigly girl guide will find this on Sportsound. Csan't snigger at Hearts this time dickless! 

Shaun The Sheep Giggle GIF - ShaunTheSheep Giggle Laugh GIFs

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Was kind of hoping him and Miller were in the same pub.

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I had given up on Sportsound after the lead up to "our" decision by all & sundry, but hey Saturday 2:00pm awaits with anticipation.

Gordon & Miller will be interesting listening:whistling:. Hope they are able to secure a contribution from Dave Cormack to add to our amusement.

Edited by 2205ian

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

As amusing as this is (and it’s ******* hilarious) I can see how this might pan out badly for us if we see things like this happening every week across the leagues. 

Just a feeling that it will be so disrupted that we end up with a call to abandon the leagues for 2020-21. 

Indeed if the outcome from the professional league is disastrous, I wouldn't like to imagine what sorting out the part-time leagues will be like, especially the league HMFC are lumbered with.  Not going to try predict anything but if they do call the league again the TV money has to get payed back firstly, across the board of the TV companies. 

There has to be a disciplining here of Aberdeen to ensure it doesn't happen again.  Set as example.

10 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

You are assuming that it is the same  players going put for a drink but these are also the same players that share toilet and other facilitie6 sat the club. The oro-faecal route is another possible route of transmission and often ignored whilst people fixate on stopping people breathing in the general direction of one another.

I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject & with all due respect, your contribution would certainly enhance the Convid thread on the Shed forum.

The only positive I can add is that Scottish football has received a "wake up call" in terms of their need to up the ante in terms of personal awareness to follow guidance to avoid similar outcomes. They are not immune to the virus.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tom English and Amy MacDonald having a Twitter argument over this! Like, now...

:rofl:

She is embarrassing herself. 

23 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

The toilets are cleaned after every visit and the players wash their hands.

Covid risk is mainly indoors where you are with people for more than 15 minutes. Like at clubs and pubs.

Unless the players are shagging in the toilets they are not a risk. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The toilets are cleaned after every visit and the players wash their hands.

Covid risk is mainly indoors where you are with people from more than 15 minutes. Like at clubs and pubs.

Unless the players are shagging in the toilets they are not a risk. 

How do you know. Do you clean the toilets there and watch if all the payers wash their hands lol?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

She is embarrassing herself. 

Caught out as misinformed, deleted the tweet and now she’s got an issue with the word idiots.

Indeed she is.

Just now, tcjambo said:

How do you know. Do you clean the toilets there and watch if all the payers wash their hands lol?

It's part of the arrangements at all the clubs. 

I know people at football clubs. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's part of the arrangements at all the clubs. 

I know people at football clubs. 

Ah but have you been to Aberdeen!

Edited by tcjambo

Pasquale for King

I absolutely love this but have they changed a rule, made a new one or not have it covered what would happen in this situation? Eight players missing for whatever reason would usually see a club ask for postponements, it would be three games. Have they been told you can’t postpone the games, especially if it’s their own fault? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

If I can only ask for one thing this season, it's for Celtic to lose the title in the same manner that they "won" it last season.

Can you imagine the meltdown?

:lenny:

That would be wonderful 🙏🤞.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Indeed if the outcome from the professional league is disastrous, I wouldn't like to imagine what sorting out the part-time leagues will be like, especially the league HMFC are lumbered with.  Not going to try predict anything but if they do call the league again the TV money has to get payed back firstly, across the board of the TV companies. 

There has to be a disciplining here of Aberdeen to ensure it doesn't happen again.  Set as example.

Absolutely, have any other clubs in Europe been caught out like this in such a stupid manner. You could almost feel sorry for them or understand if they won but they were terrible. 

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've worked out previously that it takes the Compliance Officer around 3 weeks before issuing a Notice of Complaint. 

Have you factored in Rod Petrie's planned procedures?

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

Wasn't aware. Eh...naw!

20200806_234026.jpg

Come on now, she's right. It's only the human thing to do to go out needlessly with a bunch of people you see every day anyhow in the middle of a pandemic and risk spreading a virus even more.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tom English deserves a medal for his sheer doggedness over this whole thing. He knows this thing has been wrong from the start and he's taken dog's abuse for months over it. Would have been easier to do a Spiers and just ignore the whole story.

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

Strange pairing?  What sparked that off. 

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Strange pairing?  What sparked that off. 

She bides with the former Aberdeen player Richard Foster

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sounds like football is in last chance saloon. 

Yup, though wasn't that the case with two weeks ago when St Mirren got a positive, Rangers played 9 players who weren't tested, Hibs called off a game last minute due to tests not arriving back and Motherwell had to wait to less than an hour before a friendly for results.

Oh and remember clubs were angry that they had to do tests twice weekly because it was more expensive. If they were only once a week with this outbreak you wonder what more damage could have been done.

I cant see it not being that the Premiership gets stopped by the Scottish governement.

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

She bides with the former Aberdeen player Richard Foster

Cheers.  I was thinking something along those lines :) 

Guest ToqueJambo

"The Scottish government's instruction was clear and unequivocal, as was our support of that instruction," Petrie said. "It is imperative everyone adheres to public health advice."

Likes a big word does Rod Petrie. Always a sign of an ineffectual leader.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, though wasn't that the case with two weeks ago when St Mirren got a positive, Rangers played 9 players who weren't tested, Hibs called off a game last minute due to tests not arriving back and Motherwell had to wait to less than an hour before a friendly for results.

Oh and remember clubs were angry that they had to do tests twice weekly because it was more expensive. If they were only once a week with this outbreak you wonder what more damage could have been done.

I cant see it not being that the Premiership gets stopped by the Scottish governement.

It would be rather amusing if they end up having to pause to get their house in order - until October.

Edited by ToqueJambo

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sounds like football is in last chance saloon. 

Yes.

And they are going to press the Scottish Government for fans at matches before the first Celtic Rangers match, which is also when we start. 
If professional players can’t follow the rules, how do they expect the fans to? This is like Cummings all over again, minus the eye test.

I know that many consider us paranoid when it comes to Scottish press opinion on Hearts, but it will be interesting to see their coverage of this. For example, how will the Sportsound Aberdeen gang report this? Critical of Aberdeen, or critical of Aberdeen being told to play the 3 games with 8 players not available?

Or move along, nothing to see here?

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It would be rather amusing if they end up having to pause to get their house in order - until October.

I can see as it is getting stopped Lawell still going to the press that Celtic should be allowed to have fans in though.

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yes.

And they are going to press the Scottish Government for fans at matches before the first Celtic Rangers match, which is also when we start. 
If professional players can’t follow the rules, how do they expect the fans to? This is like Cummings all over again, minus the eye test.

I know that many consider us paranoid when it comes to Scottish press opinion on Hearts, but it will be interesting to see their coverage of this. For example, how will the Sportsound Aberdeen gang report this? Critical of Aberdeen, or critical of Aberdeen being told to play the 3 games with 8 players not available?

Or move along, nothing to see here?

It'll be "Hearts started all this by eating bats in China".

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It'll be "Hearts started all this by eating bats in China".

Exactly what I think.  ASPFL desperately trying to think how they can blame us for the Aberdeen fiasco.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Teams that are shown to have broken protocols that lead to a game being cancelled should see the 3pts go to their opposition and the game not played.

Seems fair. Rules. Pandemic....

A pandemic did diddly squat for us or Partick, there were more important "considerations".

I hope the whole shebang goes tits up! **** them all!

The ECB with its Biobubble and the punishing of players that break the rules is the correct approach to professional sport at this time.

Goodness knows how the SFA/SPFL are going to manage testing at part-time clubs come October.  By the way things are going COVID-19 cases will be in 2nd wave come October.

What is clear is that if an outbreak can occur at a "big" club like Aberdeen, then outbreaks can occur at any club. 

I am behind Tom English 100%.  Many of us have still to stay in isolation / distancing despite measures being eased by the SG.  Young people think they are immune due being physically fit.  Not so.

Edited by Tasavallan