Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

6 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Will be interesting to hear Dick Gordung and Wullie Mullet on Sportsound bleat about these shenanigans going on with their beloved sheep and them threaten the season before it’s really started 

I'll definitely be tuning in for that one if this goes tits up for ram molesters.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

This auld yin is very grateful for your concern.

I would also say that there some folks, my wife is an example of someone who is exempt from wearing a mask, ironically, because of breathing difficulty.

Dont want to drag us off topic but I was on a bus today and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. 

There is no way they have all got medical conditions. I have inhalers for asthma and I wear a mask I just lift it up for a second or two and I'm fine. 

Should be making folk carry ID to make sure the rule is enforced. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, Jap Jambo said:

In fairness it'll probably be the only competition left with a sponsor...

Should have just cancelled it and said to Betfred you can sponsor the league instead! 😄

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

What an unmitigated disaster. Players swanning about pubs like it's normal times. 

We will never get rid of this virus with this mentality. 

I await with baited breath whether the SPFL, Aberdeen and the authorities do a Cummings here. 

tbh, even if you do nothing at all, the virus will eventually burn itself out once it mutates or once there's no one left to infect.

8 minutes ago, gedster said:

What's the Aberdeen Limpet that hangs around this board like a bad smell saying about this??

its bad news so he wont appear, but claim that he is on here even when there is bad news for the wool worriers

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

You can still go to work. The 5 mile thing is recreational. 

Really don't understand how it's all working. 

Not if you've got Covid you can't. 

I hope🤔

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dont want to drag us off topic but I was on a bus today and hardly anyone was wearing a mask. 

There is no way they have all got medical conditions. I have inhalers for asthma and I wear a mask I just lift it up for a second or two and I'm fine. 

Should be making folk carry ID to make sure the rule is enforced. 

I think you can get medical exemption cards, should be mandatory to have one. It’s a bit annoying when my glasses steam up and when they eventually clear you see the staff with no mask or visor. 

Footballfirst

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-6-august/?rid=13929

The Joint Response Group has been informed that Aberdeen FC has returned two preliminary positive tests for COVID-19 among its playing squad.

One player has now been confirmed as a positive by a follow-up National Health Service test, while the second player is awaiting the result of a follow-up NHS test.

In light of the First Minister’s increased restrictions imposed on the city of Aberdeen since a significant outbreak of COVID-19 this week, and following further investigation by NHS Grampian’s Health Protection Team, the Scottish Government has instructed that both players will require to self-isolate, along with a further six players found to have been in close proximity to the initial positive player.

The initial positive player will require to self-isolate for 10 days from yesterday, with the remaining seven players to self-isolate for 14 days from yesterday.

This instruction for self-isolation has been unanimously endorsed by the Joint Response Group. In light of the action taken, and after consultation with Scottish Government, Aberdeen’s Scottish Premiership match against St Johnstone on Saturday will go ahead as scheduled.

Rod Petrie, Joint Response Group Chair: “As we have said from the outset, public health is the absolute priority of the Joint Response Group. As soon as we were informed of the positive tests, the information was immediately referred to the Scottish Government via our Chief Medical Consultant.

“Given the well-documented outbreak in Aberdeen it was imperative that we took the swiftest action to enable the local Health Protection Team to respond immediately.

“The Scottish Government’s instruction to the JRG was clear and unequivocal, as was our support of that instruction. Given the circumstances, we issue the strongest possible message to all clubs to ensure compliance with the twice-weekly testing procedure and Scottish football’s Return to Playing Protocol. It is imperative that everyone adheres to Scottish Government public health advice.”

Edited by Footballfirst

I have no major objection with players going out for a few but I wasn’t sure if they were ‘allowed to’ or not, given the circumstances.

This though, on Scot Gov website, would imply they definitely shouldn’t have been out in the town (as alleged).

Really poor and unprofessional.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-6-august/?rid=13929

The Joint Response Group has been informed that Aberdeen FC has returned two preliminary positive tests for COVID-19 among its playing squad.

One player has now been confirmed as a positive by a follow-up National Health Service test, while the second player is awaiting the result of a follow-up NHS test.

In light of the First Minister’s increased restrictions imposed on the city of Aberdeen since a significant outbreak of COVID-19 this week, and following further investigation by NHS Grampian’s Health Protection Team, the Scottish Government has instructed that both players will require to self-isolate, along with a further six players found to have been in close proximity to the initial positive player.

The initial positive player will require to self-isolate for 10 days from yesterday, with the remaining seven players to self-isolate for 14 days from yesterday.

This instruction for self-isolation has been unanimously endorsed by the Joint Response Group. In light of the action taken, and after consultation with Scottish Government, Aberdeen’s Scottish Premiership match against St Johnstone on Saturday will go ahead as scheduled.

Rod Petrie, Joint Response Group Chair: “As we have said from the outset, public health is the absolute priority of the Joint Response Group. As soon as we were informed of the positive tests, the information was immediately referred to the Scottish Government via our Chief Medical Consultant.

“Given the well-documented outbreak in Aberdeen it was imperative that we took the swiftest action to enable the local Health Protection Team to respond immediately.

“The Scottish Government’s instruction to the JRG was clear and unequivocal, as was our support of that instruction. Given the circumstances, we issue the strongest possible message to all clubs to ensure compliance with the twice-weekly testing procedure and Scottish football’s Return to Playing Protocol. It is imperative that everyone adheres to Scottish Government public health advice.”

Thats nuts, Aberdeen will be without 8 players for their game, if wikipedia is correct that they 26 first team players, thats almost a third of their squad. And if Cosgrove and Main are not part of the eight then they are down to 16 players for the game at the weekend (not counting any other injured players.) But the game is still going ahead.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

8 players down 😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Rod Petrie, Joint Response Group Chair: “As we have said from the outset, public health is the absolute priority of the Joint Response Group.

Surely he meant to say- shafting the Jambos is the absolute priority of the Joint Response Group.

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

That game needs canned

no it must be played..sheeps tough luck

Footballfirst

Club statement

Further to tonight’s JRG statement, Aberdeen FC confirms that two first team players, who have tested positive for COVID-19 but are asymptomatic, are self-isolating for ten days.

In line with government guidance and procedures from the football authorities, six other players, who were in close proximity with the two positive cases, are also self-isolating for 14 days.

The Club has been in open discussions with the football authorities since this came to light.

As a result, the Club will be missing eight players for the St Johnstone game, which the JRG has confirmed will now go ahead on Saturday.

AFC Chairman, Dave Cormack, said: “After Saturday’s game, with all eyes on Pittodrie, we were once again commended on the stringent processes and measures we had in place. Given the efforts of everyone at the Club and our investment in protecting our most valuable assets, this is a bitter blow.

“With two first team players testing positive for COVID-19, plus six others having to isolate for 14 days, it is also a harsh reminder of the severity and speed of spread of this virus.

“The Club will be carrying out a full investigation but, as an immediate first step, we have reinforced the Club’s COVID-19 protocols and the governing bodies’ guidance with every player and member of staff and will continue to regularly educate and remind everyone of what is, and what is not, acceptable in the current climate.

“We now have to focus on preparing for Saturday’s game under extremely difficult circumstances.”

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats nuts, Aberdeen will be without 8 players for their game, if wikipedia is correct that they 26 first team players, thats almost a third of their squad. And if Cosgrove and Main are not part of the eight then they are down to 16 players for the game at the weekend (not counting any other injured players.) But the game is still going ahead.

That's the medicine they must take for the attitude of their players. This will hopefully be a salutary lesson to all paid  footballers around being careful and professional.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

No chance it would go ahead if it wasn’t on sky

I think it has to.

Fixtures wise they need to keep going. 

Had it been Celtic first,  I have my doubts. 

They have Hamilton next Wednesday at home by which time,  feasible it could be more than 8.

3 defeats to start the season,  relegation favourites 

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Club statement

Further to tonight’s JRG statement, Aberdeen FC confirms that two first team players, who have tested positive for COVID-19 but are asymptomatic, are self-isolating for ten days.

In line with government guidance and procedures from the football authorities, six other players, who were in close proximity with the two positive cases, are also self-isolating for 14 days.

The Club has been in open discussions with the football authorities since this came to light.

As a result, the Club will be missing eight players for the St Johnstone game, which the JRG has confirmed will now go ahead on Saturday.

AFC Chairman, Dave Cormack, said: “After Saturday’s game, with all eyes on Pittodrie, we were once again commended on the stringent processes and measures we had in place. Given the efforts of everyone at the Club and our investment in protecting our most valuable assets, this is a bitter blow.

“With two first team players testing positive for COVID-19, plus six others having to isolate for 14 days, it is also a harsh reminder of the severity and speed of spread of this virus.

“The Club will be carrying out a full investigation but, as an immediate first step, we have reinforced the Club’s COVID-19 protocols and the governing bodies’ guidance with every player and member of staff and will continue to regularly educate and remind everyone of what is, and what is not, acceptable in the current climate.

“We now have to focus on preparing for Saturday’s game under extremely difficult circumstances.”

In other words they were at the boozer

SectionDJambo

Can’t wait to hear the reaction of the BBC Aberdeen Mafia on this one.

Firstly, Aberdeen players feeling their employers would be fine with them going out on the town, as a group, risking the whole group to infection.

Secondly, being made to play their weekend match 8 players down. If it was a flu outbreak, they’d probably get a postponement.
The only thing missing is Celtic being the opponents, not St Johnstone.

Guest ToqueJambo

What an embarrassment. Professional footballers not even able to follow the most basic of protocols.

The league's not going to be finished in Scotland again is it you can just feel it. In a way I'm happy we're sitting watching this all unfold instead of being part of it.

The SPFL has failed to put in place guidelines around when to stop the league and what to do if it happened again, so they're actually going to repeat the same debacle of the last few months all over again. 🤣

JamboAndrew
9 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

That game needs canned

They'll just have to take their medicine and like it.

Very few clubs in scotland I'dhave sympathy for.

Cant help imagining if it happens to celtic then the league will be stopped and awarded to them.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Easy 3 points for St Johnstone you'd think.

Tough luck 🐑

Teams that are shown to have broken protocols that lead to a game being cancelled should see the 3pts go to their opposition and the game not played.

Seems fair. Rules. Pandemic....

8 players down and I am sure I have read somewhere not trained this week. It’s on Sky so take your medicine. I get my kill at this stuff they are not fussed about sporting integrity of the tournament that’s Aberdeen handicapped essentially. 

Just now, JamboAndrew said:

They'll just have to take their medicine and like it.

Very few clubs in scotland I'dhave sympathy for.

Cant help imagining if it happens to celtic then the league will be stopped and awarded to them.

That’s why it can’t be cancelled.  Players fail tests the players are out.  Simple.  You would get conspiracy theories all over the shop otherwise. 

husref musemic
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Funny how there was no way they could conclude the season just weeks ago. Now they will play with squads actually infected.

FFS Scottish football man.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Rods said:

8 players down and I am sure I have read somewhere not trained this week. It’s on Sky so take your medicine. I get my kill at this stuff they are not fussed about sporting integrity of the tournament that’s Aberdeen handicapped essentially. 

Tempted to tune in to that one if there's a stream. Be nice to see Aberdeen swilling some medicine after their actions the last few months.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Teams that are shown to have broken protocols that lead to a game being cancelled should see the 3pts go to their opposition and the game not played.

Seems fair. Rules. Pandemic....

At least when they lose they will be able to use injuries and players out as an excuse for any kind of shortfall. 😃

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Can’t wait to hear the reaction of the BBC Aberdeen Mafia on this one.

Firstly, Aberdeen players feeling their employers would be fine with them going out on the town, as a group, risking the whole group to infection.

Secondly, being made to play their weekend match 8 players down. If it was a flu outbreak, they’d probably get a postponement.
The only thing missing is Celtic being the opponents, not St Johnstone.

They play Hamilton on Wednesday and Celtic next week 😆

1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

Funny how there was no way they could conclude the season just weeks ago. Now they will play with squads actually infected.

Erm it was months ago that was decided and cases like today kind of justifies that no?   It’s all about the TV deal, always has been.  

Game on. Aberdeen with a big injury list and now 8 players in quarantine. 

:sweeet:

Take yur medicine

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, husref musemic said:

The people still defending the SPFL and the league ending when it did are tying themselves in knots trying to maintain they're right. 

One minute football has to comply with the rules and regs of everyone else. So we were told. That's why football just couldn't happen behind closed doors, with testing and players in hotels etc, or hub stadiums, or other solutions. 

Now football is a special case in its own bubble. So Aberdeen can play while players are infected and they can travel when Aberdeen's in lockdown with travel restrictions.

Which is it lads? Is football a special case or does it follow the rules everyone else follows?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

At least when they lose they will be able to use injuries and players out as an excuse for any kind of shortfall. 😃

They will, yes. Although they have clearly failed to get their players to follow the protocols so it is their fault whereas injuries tend to be in the lap of the gods.

John Findlay
21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its live on the telly.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Erm it was months ago that was decided and cases like today kind of justifies that no?   It’s all about the TV deal, always has been.  

No. We have been told for months that football has to follow the Scottish Gov guidelines everyone else follows.

Now we're being told football is a special case in its own bubble. If true that means closed door games could have happened.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That’s why it can’t be cancelled.  Players fail tests the players are out.  Simple.  You would get conspiracy theories all over the shop otherwise. 

The thing is that six of the players have been forced to sit out the game because of the current protocols, not that they have tested positive.

I suspect that the group of players might not have gone out on the town together had the SFA chosen to sanction Rangers for playing the "B" game against Dundee United when nine players hadn't received a negative test in the correct timescales.  

willie wallace

I find it hard to believe that 8 players would go to a busy bar in the city centre if they were told not  to  especially after the first game of the season.

Are there rules covering this or is it more of an advisory position.