• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Ron Burgundy

If players are getting away with adhering to different rules then the general public have every right to feel aggrieved.

If they don't have to isolate after being in contact with a positive case why should Joe Public who has bills to pay.

I think if they get away with this then the Scottish government should step in or shut up.

indianajones
Just now, Hearts007 said:

I did then i thought who cares

Hope it causes no end of head aches to the back stabbing pricks in that league. 

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

On a serious note, is this the first known case of sheep to human transmission?

Is that the Dungcaster virus?

Just now, indianajones said:

Hope it causes no end of head aches to the back stabbing pricks in that league. 

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The precedent is set for ending the league early. 

With relegation and promotion.

I agree but do you think the clubs would vote for Hearts to be promoted after we tried to block promotion this year (with good reason after reconstruction was binned)? They all hate us and want us in Championship. Anyway, a lot can happen. How many clubs will be functioning in a few months is anyone's guess. 

gashauskis9
36 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Their next 3 games may have to be postponed or perhaps a 3-0 loss for each if they cannot complete the ties.

Sat 08/08/2020 ST J. Away

Wed 12/08/2020 Hamilton A. Home

Sat 15/08/2020 Celtic Away

If they’ve broken protocols, then I’d be expecting any reputable football authority to hand out huge punishments.  Points deduction and hefty fine as minimum for bringing the game into disrepute and putting the lives of the staff and public at risk.  

7 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I agree but do you think the clubs would vote for Hearts to be promoted after we tried to block promotion this year (with good reason after reconstruction was binned)? They all hate us and want us in Championship. Anyway, a lot can happen. How many clubs will be functioning in a few months is anyone's guess. 

Hearts did not try to block promotion this year. However DU for one voted against reconstruction this year

Edited by 7628mm

Hagar the Horrible

Its clear now that a number of first team players were involved in going to a covid ridden pub in Aberdeen city center. 

From reports up north:

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon increased lockdown restrictions in the Granite City for seven days yesterday, due to a spike in cases.

Bars and restaurants have shut, while there is a five-mile travel limit for leisure activities and people from outside Aberdeen have been encouraged not to travel into the city.

There were chaotic scenes outside bars in the city centre over the weekend, with large crowds queuing to get into licensed premises.

According to reports elsewhere, a number of first-team players were in and around the city centre at the weekend.

1 minute ago, muiry said:

Didn't another aberdeen player test positive a few weeks back 

think it was false call

12 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

If they’ve broken protocols, then I’d be expecting any reputable football authority to hand out huge punishments.  Points deduction and hefty fine as minimum for bringing the game into disrepute and putting the lives of the staff and public at risk.  

i've found a flaw with your post

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

If the vote is the same as this year they will vote to get their money, of which they will be even more desperate to get, especially if when we can go we boycott their tinpot clubs in their shitehole town.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

wasn't that the st mirren player?

From bbc-Two confirmed positive tests have been returned since football returned - one of which came from an Aberdeen player at the start of July, although that later was confirmed to be a false positive.

8 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

From bbc-Two confirmed positive tests have been returned since football returned - one of which came from an Aberdeen player at the start of July, although that later was confirmed to be a false positive.

well something we now know sheep dip can cause a false positive

1 hour ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

Relegate them now... Celtic for the title... 

Hamilton bottom of the league........👇👇👇👇👇👇

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hopefully doesn't turn out serious for the player involved but the taste of karma is very sweet. 😋

Chances are that a fit young man will have a mild form of the illness, though that's not guaranteed.

What's more worrying is that he may have passed it on, taking his place in a chain / network that could reach old and vulnerable people.

This thing is nowhere near over.

Meanwhile, at my newsagent's yesterday, two customers in quick succession who weren't wearing masks. Unforgivable. What's the matter with people? We're all in this together. 

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The precedent is set for ending the league early. 

With relegation and promotion.

Yup they have fought tooth and nail to keep relegation and promotion for last season. They cant now argue the opposite should happen for this season.

1 hour ago, Flimsy said:

After all the chat from Iain Blair about little room for manoeuvre with fixtures, I already predict the season will not finish on time. Two years in the Championship for Hearts, if the other clubs have anything to do with it.

Can't understand this about little room for fixtures. The English Premier doesn't start for another few weeks so how come they can fit all their games in. And their championship has 46 games I think

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Their next 3 games may have to be postponed or perhaps a 3-0 loss for each if they cannot complete the ties.

Sat 08/08/2020 ST J. Away

Wed 12/08/2020 Hamilton A. Home

Sat 15/08/2020 Celtic Away

Think they'd probably take a 3-0 defeat at darkhead given their record there

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If St Johnston had any sense they would surely do everything in their power to have the game called off so a re-arranged fixture has the slight possibility of fans in attendance.

Could phone them both and ask!

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Some queue at the Aberdeen testing centre this afternoon. 

🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐏🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐏🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑🐏

22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Can't understand this about little room for fixtures. The English Premier doesn't start for another few weeks so how come they can fit all their games in. And their championship has 46 games I think

I'm not sure but there is a Scottish Cup to finish and extra international play-off games carried over. Nothing that temporary reconstruction couldn't have fixed...

ToadKiller Dog

If an Aberdeen player has shown positive then the right thing to do is not take the risk and reschedule the Aberdeen game 

Well  maybe aberdeen shouldnt play again until lockdown is lifted 🎪 .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doncaster is a caramel faced wank.

Hopefully the Aberdeen player will be fine but this makes a mockery of the bubble they spoke about. 

Does it mean they don't go home to their families etc. If they do it is not a feckin bubble. 

:lol: Belter

Bret the Hitman Hearts
42 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Because the SPFL in their infinite wisdom decided that the Betfred Cup of all competitions had to be squeezed in.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its clear now that a number of first team players were involved in going to a covid ridden pub in Aberdeen city center. 

From reports up north:

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon increased lockdown restrictions in the Granite City for seven days yesterday, due to a spike in cases.

Bars and restaurants have shut, while there is a five-mile travel limit for leisure activities and people from outside Aberdeen have been encouraged not to travel into the city.

There were chaotic scenes outside bars in the city centre over the weekend, with large crowds queuing to get into licensed premises.

According to reports elsewhere, a number of first-team players were in and around the city centre at the weekend.

They should throw the book at Aberdeen then with an immediate points deduction but we all know the muppets in charge will do SFA.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Suggestion the positive test may be for "soremouth" a common affliction in sheep🐏🐏🐏

The Aberdeen player who tested positive was in the bar in question at the weekend. I have on good authority he was with another seven first team players.

I have been told the other players have not tested positive however, they have to self isolate for two weeks. At this current time the game is going ahead. St Johnstone are not happy about the situation and talks are ongoing with Scottish Footballs corrupt heirachy.

Edited by suds66

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Important decision needs to be made about on or off.

Imagine if it was Edouard prior to The Rs match?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Important decision needs to be made about on or off.

Imagine if it was Edouard prior to The Rs match?

Absolutely! Should be interesting how this pans out.

Surely if their game is called off on Saturday their midweek game and next weekends game  will need to be called off as well ? 

Absolutely embarrassing for Scottish football , one week in 😂

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Surely if their game is called off on Saturday their midweek game and next weekends game  will need to be called off as well ? 

Absolutely embarrassing for Scottish football , one week in 😂

F.....g love it ...........🤣🤣🤣🤣

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Chances are that a fit young man will have a mild form of the illness, though that's not guaranteed.

What's more worrying is that he may have passed it on, taking his place in a chain / network that could reach old and vulnerable people.

This thing is nowhere near over.

Meanwhile, at my newsagent's yesterday, two customers in quick succession who weren't wearing masks. Unforgivable. What's the matter with people? We're all in this together. 

This auld yin is very grateful for your concern.

I would also say that there some folks, my wife is an example of someone who is exempt from wearing a mask, ironically, because of breathing difficulty.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Couldn't Aberdeen just withdraw that test, and submit a different test result next week. 🤔

Take a bow, that is a top post!

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Because the SPFL in their infinite wisdom decided that the Betfred Cup of all competitions had to be squeezed in.

In fairness it'll probably be the only competition left with a sponsor...