Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They play Hamilton on Wednesday and Celtic next week 😆

How much is a subscription to Sheep TV? Could be a hoot while we wait for the main course in October.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yep. Wee yellow stars or something could be sown onto their sleeves. 

If I said what I wanted to say to you I'd get banned. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Anderson and Ferguson allegedly the one's spotted out.

The list above, those who've been hit because of them.

The players are probably training in small pods for this exact eventuality. It means you can isolate an outbreak. Think that's what Hearts are doing. Means you have to not put all your good players in one pod. However that pod has a lot of their less shite players in it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Tempted to tune in to that one if there's a stream. Be nice to see Aberdeen swilling some medicine after their actions the last few months.

The players will miss 3 games thats priceless. I just wish it was those rats over the road but Aberdeen will do for starters.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, ShedBoy said:

Imagine if 8 Celtic first teamers had Covid ............. 

First thing that went through my head.

In the pub though wide open to criticism 

::facepaw::

logie green

so has player 2 now had a positive NHS test?

government says he should isolate 14 days aberdeen say 10

The initial positive player will require to self-isolate for 10 days from yesterday, with the remaining seven players to self-isolate for 14 days from yesterday.

Aberdeen FC confirms that two first team players, who have tested positive for COVID-19 but are asymptomatic, are self-isolating for ten days.

In line with government guidance and procedures from the football authorities, six other players, who were in close proximity with the two positive cases, are also self-isolating for 14 days.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, logie green said:

The initial positive player will require to self-isolate for 10 days from yesterday, with the remaining seven players to self-isolate for 14 days from yesterday.

Aberdeen FC confirms that two first team players, who have tested positive for COVID-19 but are asymptomatic, are self-isolating for ten days.

In line with government guidance and procedures from the football authorities, six other players, who were in close proximity with the two positive cases, are also self-isolating for 14 days.

Maybe they knew about these two 4 days ago and they've been isolating?

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think it has to.

Fixtures wise they need to keep going. 

Had it been Celtic first,  I have my doubts. 

They have Hamilton next Wednesday at home by which time,  feasible it could be more than 8.

3 defeats to start the season,  relegation favourites 

:rofl:

Their fourth game is away to Celtic as well 😂

Nookie Bear

As amusing as this is (and it’s ******* hilarious) I can see how this might pan out badly for us if we see things like this happening every week across the leagues. 

Just a feeling that it will be so disrupted that we end up with a call to abandon the leagues for 2020-21. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

As amusing as this is (and it’s ******* hilarious) I can see how this might pan out badly for us if we see things like this happening every week across the leagues. 

Just a feeling that it will be so disrupted that we end up with a call to abandon the leagues for 2020-21. 

Canni go doing that. Precedent set.

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Even players with long-term lung damage?

Nobody knows how any infected individual is going to respond!

There is a fair chance someone's squad will be decimated by an outbreak............I'm not even going to say it!

Play the U18s then. 

Who has long term lung damage - the whole Aberdeen squad? You got a link? 

IveSeenTheLight
46 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

its bad news so he wont appear, but claim that he is on here even when there is bad news for the wool worriers

Lol, I never shirk or hide.

Not been in here for about a week but thought I’d pop in and see what you guys were saying on the matter ;)

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I may not sleep tonight, the tears will become torrents. :(

Do hope I’m not exacerbating things @IveSeenTheLight

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, six-player quarantine.
What'd I say?

QUARANTINE!

Montgomery Brewster
15 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Game on. Aberdeen with a big injury list and now 8 players in quarantine. 

:sweeet:

Take yur medicine

That’s exactly what I said 😁

Firstly, I sincerely hope both players who have tested positive make a full recovery. 

Secondly, I hope the other six who are self isolating continue to test negative. 

Thirdly, we’ll done on Aberdeen taking this on the chin and accepting that the next three fixtures must be played. There’s been no requests to postpone these fixtures. 

Finally, the blame for this must be shared by the SPFL. Their insistence that the league must start on August 1st and that there are only 2 free dates for rearranged fixtures before the Euros start next summer has created this perfect storm. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I find it hard to believe that 8 players would go to a busy bar in the city centre if they were told not  to  especially after the first game of the season.

Are there rules covering this or is it more of an advisory position.

We live in a country where a professional footballer nearly drowned after jumping into a freezing river after a night out - during the season.

35 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats nuts, Aberdeen will be without 8 players for their game, if wikipedia is correct that they 26 first team players, thats almost a third of their squad. And if Cosgrove and Main are not part of the eight then they are down to 16 players for the game at the weekend (not counting any other injured players.) But the game is still going ahead.

They are holding Aberdeen responsible perhaps. 

But they may also be worried about setting a precedent that will totally disrupt the league - looks like the general direction is to play the games no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, six-player quarantine.
What'd I say?

QUARANTINE!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

Firstly, I sincerely hope both players who have tested positive make a full recovery. 

Secondly, I hope the other six who are self isolating continue to test negative. 

Thirdly, we’ll done on Aberdeen taking this on the chin and accepting that the next three fixtures must be played. There’s been no requests to postpone these fixtures. 

Finally, the blame for this must be shared by the SPFL. Their insistence that the league must start on August 1st and that there are only 2 free dates for rearranged fixtures before the Euros start next summer has created this perfect storm. 

This isn't the time to congratulate Aberdeen. They should be hammered. They should be keeping their players on a very tight leash right now. I mean they've spent the last few months talking about how financially devastating this whole thing is for them and they can't even get their players - professional ****ing athletes - to follow the most basic of safety measures.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are holding Aberdeen responsible perhaps. 

But they may also be worried about setting a precedent that will totally disrupt the league - looks like the general direction is to play the games no matter what. 

Let's be honest, the SPFL doesn't have a plan for this scenario. They're still winging it.

27 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

In other words they were at the boozer

More than 15 minutes together in close proximity. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let's be honest, the SPFL doesn't have a plan for this scenario. They're still winging it.

The determination to play the games is certainly a bit of a new approach. 

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Play the U18s then. 

Who has long term lung damage - the whole Aberdeen squad? You got a link? 

We don’t know the long term effects of this to be fair. 

But yes, they play their u18s

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The determination to play the games is certainly a bit of a new approach. 

🤣🤣 It's a complete volte-face. Four months ago with no players having COVID - we can't possibly play games under these circumstances. The government says so. Now, with players testing positive - games must go ahead no matter what. Football's special don't you know..

Edited by ToqueJambo

16 minutes ago, logie green said:

if you test positive you isolate for 10 days, the 14 days is for those who were in close contact with the positive case

JamboRossi79
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The players are probably training in small pods for this exact eventuality. It means you can isolate an outbreak. Think that's what Hearts are doing. Means you have to not put all your good players in one pod. However that pod has a lot of their less shite players in it.

But surely they would be training as a team in preparation for the next game to work on tactics etc, can’t be training entirely in silos. In our case we are doing fitness training so quite easy to do silos I would think. Absolute farce that this game goes ahead full stop.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But yes, they play their u18s

Potential starting 11

Lewis
Hernandez Taylor Hobban Logan
Campbell Hayes
McLennan McGinn Hedges
Edmundson

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The thing is that six of the players have been forced to sit out the game because of the current protocols, not that they have tested positive.

I suspect that the group of players might not have gone out on the town together had the SFA chosen to sanction Rangers for playing the "B" game against Dundee United when nine players hadn't received a negative test in the correct timescales.  

More than 15 minutes together in close proximity. 

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

What - they've named them! That's a massive breach of confidentiality.

Probably common knowledge who was on the pub crawl 

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think it has to.

Fixtures wise they need to keep going. 

Had it been Celtic first,  I have my doubts. 

They have Hamilton next Wednesday at home by which time,  feasible it could be more than 8.

3 defeats to start the season,  relegation favourites 

behave, you know that if aberdeen ever finish bottom some form of reconstruction or argument about the promoted side not meeting certain conditions always saves them

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, JamboRossi79 said:

But surely they would be training as a team in preparation for the next game to work on tactics etc, can’t be training entirely in silos. In our case we are doing fitness training so quite easy to do silos I would think. Absolute farce that this game goes ahead full stop.

Points should go to St J. That would quickly focus minds.

1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

Will be interesting to hear Dick Gordung and Wullie Mullet on Sportsound bleat about these shenanigans going on with their beloved sheep and them threaten the season before it’s really started 

Tricky Dicky will somehow say its our fault.

Willie Millar will ask whats covid....

Bad sheepies not wearing their wooly condoms. Take yer (COVID) medicine - I hear, from a reliable source, that drinking bleach and eating glitter works. 

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Anyone know any pubs in Aberdeen where I can catch it?

Ask the eight sheep players .theyll be in one of them watching it

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No. We have been told for months that football has to follow the Scottish Gov guidelines everyone else follows.

Now we're being told football is a special case in its own bubble. If true that means closed door games could have happened.

When could they have happened exactly?  

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I get what you’re saying but I’m currently of the mind that I’d rather see clubs dying and the game completely ripped apart up here, rather than us being guaranteed promotion at the first attempt.

Chaos like this is a decent start to matters. I wish 38 clubs nothing but the absolute worst.