• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

maroonsgotop
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Doncaster unhappy at the unfairness of Rangers and Celtic playing teams in Europa League who will have fans supporting them. 

oh..............what a shame..............diddums...................I'm sure that's the topic that will give him sleepness nights

Edited by maroonsgotop

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is an embarrassment. Two gammon dinosaurs blaming everyone else. Doncaster is acting as if society is wide open and football’s being victimised with no crowds. .

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m sure he spins this shit about crowds purely to distract attention

Indeed. Puts the focus on someone else to blame for his problems. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yup. *(I'm not an SNP/Sturgeon fan, before anyone wants to go down that alley.)

that was an incredible comment. So unprofessional.

An incredible listen. Doncaster and Mulraney being both patronising and trying to bully the SG at the same time. Good luck with that strategy, boys.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is an embarrassment. Two gammon dinosaurs blaming everyone else. Doncaster is acting as if society is wide open and football’s being victimised with no crowds. .

The theatres are still closed in Scotland. Doncaster was moaning that a theatre in London is letting people in. 

Just now, Boris said:

Are any of the hosts/pundits taking them on over their comments?

...it’s Sportsound. ND would be nowhere near this program if he even got a whiff of being challenged. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yup. *(I'm not an SNP/Sturgeon fan, before anyone wants to go down that alley.)

How to win friends and influence people. 🤣🤣

ToadKiller Dog

They are on cloud cuckoo land .

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Are any of the hosts/pundits taking them on over their comments?

No they are singing from the same hymn sheet , nobody is being critical at all .

Clubs will die ,the Alloa guy then says we are fine for the season.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Antagonising the SG while simultaneously saying we need financial help from them doesn't seem the soundest of strategies.

Fekkin eejits.

So they need to let fans back in to watch games like the cancelled Kilmarnock one due to players having Covid?

These guys are ****ing idiots.  Scottish football needs to get rid of these guys.

Doncaster Leagues will start but challenging to finish and may be a need to go back to ask clubs what to do.....

Edited by DETTY29

Richard Gordon asking about clubs not testing. 

Doncaster says the protocols for training should help. "Lots of challenges". Cost is the reason. 

Mike Mulraney says Alloa could do it subject to cutting back elsewhere. He already said Alloa are fine for this season. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

So they need to let fans back in to watch games like the cancelled Kilmarnock one due to players having Covid?

These guys are ****ing idiots.  Scottish football needs to get rid of these guys.

Dumbcaster comes over as a complete and utter arse whenever he opens his orifice to discuss COVID. An early bed in Carstairs seems more suitable for him than running the SPFL.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Doncaster says the protocols for training should help. "Lots of challenges". Cost is the reason. 

This guy gets paid a kings fortune in wages for doing sweet fa. Incredible!

Fitba' broke my Heart
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

He said that he presumes cost is the reason, what that means is that he doesn't know and is taking a guess.

Which opens up the can of worms re the James Anderson cash

I just watched the Chelsea game and they had zero fans.  Wonder if that's political rather than medical advice?

If they don't think it's safe enough to have ANY fans back yet, in what is probably the most elite league in the world, why would they allow drunken scum weegies back into watch a Mickey Mouse league?  Everyone knows, and I mean everyone - that there is no chance that the OF fans could be trusted to turn up in small numbers to games.   None.  

Edited by Lovecraft

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

I just watched the Chelsea game and they had zero fans.  Wonder if that's political rather than medical advice?

If they don't think it's safe enough to have ANY fans back yet, in what is probably the most elite league in the world, why would they allow drunken scum weegies back into watch a Mickey Mouse league?  Everyone knows, and I mean everyone - that there is no chance that the OF firms could be trusted to turn up in small numbers to games.   None.  

I think Mulraney is a 'true blue' so ignoring what happens over border, same or not.

At least Doncaster moaned about the Albert Hall, I don't think Mulraney did.

23 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Celtic must really be hurting with no fans .

I'm not sure having fans in the stadium will affect either us or the top league financially.  On the face of it, any limited fan attendance is unlikely to get beyond 50% capacity this season.  All fans in attendance will be home season ticket holders (and the clubs already have that cash) so there isn't scope for additional income for walkups, away fans etc.  There's a view that catering kiosks will be closed or very limited so that is another income stream that will limit any benefit on that front too.  Additional stewarding, hand sanitiser, temperature checkers etc will present further cost. 

I do get it for the lower leagues that don't have many season ticket holders and have large stadiums but it really doesn't affect us.

Neil Dongcaster
5 minutes ago, oi oi said:

I'm not sure having fans in the stadium will affect either us or the top league financially.  On the face of it, any limited fan attendance is unlikely to get beyond 50% capacity this season.  All fans in attendance will be home season ticket holders (and the clubs already have that cash) so there isn't scope for additional income for walkups, away fans etc.  There's a view that catering kiosks will be closed or very limited so that is another income stream that will limit any benefit on that front too.  Additional stewarding, hand sanitiser, temperature checkers etc will present further cost. 

I do get it for the lower leagues that don't have many season ticket holders and have large stadiums but it really doesn't affect us.

Away crowds and match day income keeps 6 or 7 top flight teams afloat.

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Away crowds and match day income keeps 6 or 7 top flight teams afloat.

I get that but there will not be away fans at matches for the foreseeable.  UEFA's 30% capacity announcement stated no away fans.  Any fan attendance decisions will not affect us this season.  I don't really care less about any other clubs.

29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

that was an incredible comment. So unprofessional.

I can’t stand Sturgeon, or the SNP, but if you are wanting to win over the SG, you have got to behave professionally, and this does not do that. 

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, oi oi said:

I get that but there will not be away fans at matches for the foreseeable.  UEFA's 30% capacity announcement stated no away fans.  Any fan attendance decisions will not affect us this season.  I don't really care less about any other clubs.

If you get that why did you state the opposite in your post?

1 minute ago, EarnockJambo said:

MENSA will definitely not be knocking on Sportsound's door looking for new members....

deary me....

My ears are bleeding. IQ levels for a show have never been lower. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

If you get that why did you state the opposite in your post?

Because any fans that are permitted into Tynecastle or the top league this year will be home fans.  So the chat about fan attendance will not affect us or the top league.  Any fans permitted into Tynecastle or the top league will be season ticket holders and the clubs already have that cash.

If certain clubs work on a financial model that they can only exist with away fans populating their stadiums then diddums.  Serves them right.

21 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

If they don't think it's safe enough to have ANY fans back yet, in what is probably the most elite league in the world, why would they allow drunken scum weegies back into watch a Mickey Mouse league?  Everyone knows, and I mean everyone - that there is no chance that the OF fans could be trusted to turn up in small numbers to games.   None.  

How come it doesn't seem to be a political decision not to let fans back in England but it is up here?  I couldn't be because they are currently lobbying the Scottish government to get fans back in time for the old firm game..?

As expected Jason Leitch says they are wrong.

It's a clinical decision based on balance of how much to open.

Edited by Mikey1874

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think Mulraney is a 'true blue' so ignoring what happens over border, same or not.

At least Doncaster moaned about the Albert Hall, I don't think Mulraney did.

The Royal Albert Hall isn't planning to re-open until 9th December.

8 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

MENSA will definitely not be knocking on Sportsound's door looking for new members....

deary me....

Its that group think now. Got themselves going all in. 

joondalupjambo

If the suits are in trouble and want to try to get the Scottish Government to help with a financial package for their member clubs going onto a talk show and crticising the hand that may feed seems a bit weird to me.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As expected Jason Leitch says they are wrong.

It's a clinical decision based on balance  of how much is open.

But, but... shellick fans want to watch their club!

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

This will all be about getting fans in for their beloved old firm game 

Greatest club game in the world don't you know?  Boils my pi$$!

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

This will all be about getting fans in for their beloved old firm game 

Imagine the scenes in the pubs when this game is on.

Hopefully they shut the pubs soon too.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Doncaster unhappy at the unfairness of Rangers and Celtic playing teams in Europa League who will have fans supporting them. 

Nice to know he has confirmed his priorities.  

Benny Factor
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its that group think now. Got themselves going all in. 

I had to turn it off, mate. Couldn't listen to anymore of it. 

Preston Jambo

Doncaster able to pass off the lack of League sponsorship as being down to the pandemic when asked. 

Nobody thought to mention that the last sponsorship deal expired long before the pandemic.

****ing *******s. Mulraney’s “it’s a judgement” comment about testing. Absolutely ridiculous.

Leitch and ScotGov need to take a much stronger tack with these *****. Less of the carrot and more of the stick required.