Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

14 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Will we have this problem in the lower leagues? Don’t think we are testing players as standard.

We will just have the virus but not be picking it up until a team plays Hearts and infects our players.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That it would be worse to get a positive test for someone with symptoms as anyone can get. Outside football. In that case training with anyone would mean everyone would need to self isolate. Same as if you had been in a pub or restaurant that collected contact details.

That is different to what has been agreed for football teams testing. So far until today only those testing positive have had to self isolate, not the whole squad.

I'm genuinely not tyrying to be wide here Mikey, but I still dont understand what you are saying. Might just be me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Like someone else said, the Huns and the Tims into the knockout stages of Europe is job done for the SFA/SPFL. The rest of the game is arse paper for them. If the Tims weren’t going for 10 in a row then they’d probably be abandoning the Premiership too

Gilberts Fridge
57 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

SPFL STATEMENT

The SPFL Board met this afternoon and has agreed to postpone the fixture whilst the position is investigated. An investigation will now be carried out by the SPFL to ascertain the circumstances leading to this postponement.

A spokesman for the SPFL said: “No new date for this fixture has been set, pending the outcome of the SPFL investigation.”

WTF are the SPFL going to investigate. Trying to sound like they have some sort of control or authority over this when the whole country can see they are the Keystone Cops of football government.

More feken time wasting from them with barely a plan A let alone a plan B.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Of course that is also 2 Betred Cup games cancelled.

3-0 defeats I think it is? 

The 'professional' league did have this to say..

If a club is unable or unwilling to field a team in a Betfred Cup Round 1 group stage tie, or fails to provide sufficient negative test results, the club concerned will forfeit the match (on the basis of a 3-0 defeat).

so the games will be postponed I would think.

SPORT: Football's Challenge Cup will not be going ahead this season - following consultation with the SPFL clubs. The final of the 2019/20 competition is still to be played between Raith Rovers and Inverness - it will be rescheduled for a date later this season.

3 minutes ago, ritchies75 said:

SPORT: Football's Challenge Cup will not be going ahead this season - following consultation with the SPFL clubs. The final of the 2019/20 competition is still to be played between Raith Rovers and Inverness - it will be rescheduled for a date later this season.

Hope Inverness boaby their carcass.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg unhappy with the SPFL's communication and consultation with just the 42 SPFL clubs

The contempt that the SPFL are showing for clubs outside of the cabal is utterly appalling. 

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Petrie begging the SG for fans to attend the Israel game :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

the SFA must be hemorrhaging money just now

:pleasing:

2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

I'm genuinely not tyrying to be wide here Mikey, but I still dont understand what you are saying. Might just be me.

I think what he might be trying to say is that if this has played out in the lower leagues, the first player who did show symptoms would self-isolate, get tested through a public testing centre, confirm as positive, and then the track-and-trace process would begin. Without the 'elite' procedures in place including regular testing and GPS monitoring, the whole squad would be identified by the contact tracers and required to self-isolate. What I think isn't yet clear is if that happened the day after a game, would the opposition team they had played be required to self-isolate as well. Until we have a real test case, I don't think we will know.

Given a single team could have several players test positive over the course of the season, they could potentially have several sets of games cancelled (as well as there part-time players being unable to work several times). This will either lead to a pile up of fixtures or a team forfeiting lots of games, completely undermining the competition. It is crazy that there still isn't clarity as to what happens in these circumstances.

54 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg unhappy with the SPFL's communication and consultation with just the 42 SPFL clubs

Some of this stuff is so basic. How can they keep getting it so wrong?

24 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Petrie begging the SG for fans to attend the Israel game :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

Amazing how short-term the SFA/SPFL thinking has been. They should be working to convince the Scottish Government they have a sensible long-term plan, not pestering them about changing a decision that has already been made at a couple of days notice.

1 hour ago, ritchies75 said:

Why the F did the premiership teams get a vote on this?

15 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think what he might be trying to say is that if this has played out in the lower leagues, the first player who did show symptoms would self-isolate, get tested through a public testing centre, confirm as positive, and then the track-and-trace process would begin. Without the 'elite' procedures in place including regular testing and GPS monitoring, the whole squad would be identified by the contact tracers and required to self-isolate. What I think isn't yet clear is if that happened the day after a game, would the opposition team they had played be required to self-isolate as well. Until we have a real test case, I don't think we will know.

Given a single team could have several players test positive over the course of the season, they could potentially have several sets of games cancelled (as well as there part-time players being unable to work several times). This will either lead to a pile up of fixtures or a team forfeiting lots of games, completely undermining the competition. It is crazy that there still isn't clarity as to what happens in these circumstances.

That’s dependent on the players actually showing symptoms and bothering to get checked. At the infection rate of between r1.7 and r2.0, that’s going to run absolutely riot before the first person even receives their positive result. That Cant be what he means.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, farin said:

08562712-E148-4947-8D48-F859597C4798.thumb.jpeg.a8b5f24a08460af8cb25935c80aa95d3.jpeg

Just a bug ? Amateur hour again. :vrface:

He say that? 

DLnoTmpWAAAX03-.jpg

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Investigate = call Peter Lawell and ask him what he'd like done.

Absolute chancers, the lot of them. I wouldn't wish harm on anyone, but hope Doncaster and Petrie both defecate large Erinaceinae next time they head to the crapper.

Am i the only person that had to Google Erinaceinae? 

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Am i the only person that had to Google Erinaceinae? 

You might have put up what you found. Save me from just looking it up....:sad:

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He say that? 

DLnoTmpWAAAX03-.jpg

Technically hes spot on. It is a bug. Even in Peebles its known about ffs

willie wallace
6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm surprised the Scottish Nationalists aren't backing the Irish Nationalists TBH. Well not yet anyway.

Please explain this one for me.

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

That’s dependent on the players actually showing symptoms and bothering to get checked. At the infection rate of between r1.7 and r2.0, that’s going to run absolutely riot before the first person even receives their positive result. That Cant be what he means.

I went back and re-read his posts. Fairly sure that is what he was saying. It was a response to the suggestion that if the Kilmarnock example had happened before a game against Hearts they would all have been free to play. In the Kilmarnock case that shouldn't be the case because one of the players did display symptoms. I agree that there is a risk a player ignores the general public health guidance and in a case where no one displayed symptoms then you're absolutely right it could potentially result in a whole group of players with the virus playing against and infecting the Hearts team.

As an aside, the r number isn't relevant to how fast the virus would spread in this situation. It is a population level average of how many people each positive case is infecting during the full period they are infectious. For someone who has the virus and is undertaking higher risk activities such as contact sport on a daily basis you would expect them to infect more than the population average at the moment, but whether the r number is 0.8 or 2 isn't relevant to that individual case.

Bazzas right boot

A bit out there ( and tongue in cheek- a little) but maybe we should have exposed the full squad to covid in a Controlled environment, bit like parents with chicken pox, got them all healed and fixed then we could crack on, we will get an outbreak at some point. 

Football, sport and the general population cannot go on like this. I'm ****ed if I know the correct answer but Hearts players will get covid, it's a matter of when not if imo

Will players be OK after 2 weeks, 2 months? 

Better players in top leagues are getting it. 

The big question is, apart from a speedy recovery of the folk in question is how we manage it, be terrible timing say before a sf, but OK if it had happened 2 weeks ago. 

Is controlling the timing of the virus more important than stopping it as that's almost impossible as 

other clubs don't need to test it's a certainty we'll get it from that if not from our own squad being with family etc.

The spfl and Doncaster are arses and have done pretty much everything I wouldn't have, but football has a bigger problem in general, not just Scotland. 

Everything is ****ed. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I went back and re-read his posts. Fairly sure that is what he was saying. It was a response to the suggestion that if the Kilmarnock example had happened before a game against Hearts they would all have been free to play. In the Kilmarnock case that shouldn't be the case because one of the players did display symptoms. I agree that there is a risk a player ignores the general public health guidance and in a case where no one displayed symptoms then you're absolutely right it could potentially result in a whole group of players with the virus playing against and infecting the Hearts team.

As an aside, the r number isn't relevant to how fast the virus would spread in this situation. It is a population level average of how many people each positive case is infecting during the full period they are infectious. For someone who has the virus and is undertaking higher risk activities such as contact sport on a daily basis you would expect them to infect more than the population average at the moment, but whether the r number is 0.8 or 2 isn't relevant to that individual case.

Sure, but the players at Kilmarnock just thought they had seasonal cold or flu viruses. They were found to have it through testing at their club weren’t they? 

If that same scenario had played out at one of our opponents, it’d probably be happening at more than one. They could be infecting each other every game, and it’d only come to light when one of our players caught it. By that point it’d be absolutely rife.

The whole idea of clubs not testing is completely mental, and I’m not placated by this suggestion that they would just get themselves tested by the NHS if they displayed symptoms.

The infection rate shows us that it’s a very virulent virus, we also know many folk have had it and not realised. Without regular testing, it’ll spread through our division and the families of the club staff like wildfire. If the tests hadn’t taken place at Kilmarnock, they’d have played and probably infected Motherwell players. Then the two teams would have played their next opponents and the same thing would have happened... and so on, and so forth. That’s exactly what would happen if it had been in the Championship.

Edited by Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The skill and tenacity of Petrie and Doncaster means they will be able to operate at peak shambles for months to come. We won't play more than ten games of our league season, nap. 

It's amazing how consistent they are at being terrible at literally everything they do. Mind you, Petrie proved that at Hibs.

Maybe presiding over a 10 year decline ending in relegation is what secured him the top football role in the country. Scottish football are experts at rewarding failure.

Guest ToqueJambo

Sure, but the players at Kilmarnock just thought they had seasonal cold or flu viruses. They were found to have it through testing at their club weren’t they? 

If that same scenario had played out at one of our opponents, it’d probably be happening at more than one. They could be infecting each other every game, and it’d only come to light when one of our players caught it. By that point it’d be absolutely rife.

The whole idea of clubs not testing is completely mental, and I’m not placated by this suggestion that they would just get themselves tested by the NHS if they displayed symptoms.

The infection rate shows us that it’s a very virulent virus, we also know many folk have had it and not realised. Without regular testing, it’ll spread through our division and the families of the club staff like wildfire. If the tests had t taken place at Kilmarnock, they’d have played and probably infected Motherwell players. Then the two teams would have played their next opponents and the same thing would have happened... and so on, and so forth. That’s exactly what would happen if it had been in the Championship.

Any player with kids will be starting to get colds right now. I am. Doc said just to isolate and not bother getting tested. The thing is, will lower league players follow those rules? Our players will be able to confirm if it's just a cold or COVID. Our opponents won't.

Is there anywhere that outlines the instructions for any players in the lower leagues with basic cold symptoms? I'm assuming they will have to follow the "don't go to work" rule everyone else does? And if they test, they still have to isolate until the result comes through. So if you've got sniffles on a Friday, you shouldn't play on Saturday.

Edited by ToqueJambo

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's amazing how consistent they are at being terrible at literally everything they do. Mind you, Petrie proved that at Hibs.

Maybe presiding over a 10 year decline ending in relegation is what secured him the top football role in the country. Scottish football are experts at rewarding failure.

And Scottish football has been a joke during his tenure. How is he still in a job?

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Rapidly heading for peak shambles. I reckon the second week of November.

Could be worse for us.  The SPL have regular testing, and a ‘bubble’.  This reduces the risk, but does not eliminate it, as is now clear. 

the lower leagues don’t have the commitment to test, and in  any cases, the ‘bubble’ is impossible.  Players may have other jobs, and can’t afford to restrict their contact as a result. They may also be less observant, if only on a few hundred quid a week.  

That is why the leagues should have been based on ability to follow advice and laws.   Again, it doesn’t guarantee anything,  but it does reduce the risk for full time, professional clubs.   It would also allow a clear rule for what happens if a team does have players who test positive.  

Instead we have a shambolic season.  

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Any player with kids will be starting to get colds right now. I am. Doc said just to isolate and not bother getting tested. The thing is, will lower league players follow those rules? Our players will be able to confirm if it's just a cold or COVID. Our opponents won't.

I’m choked with a bad cold as we speak. Caught it from my five year old, who caught it at school. I know it’s just a cold because I’ve bothered to read up on the symptoms, and after two scares throughout lockdown where my 18 month old had a temperature of 42 and my wife had a viral infection, I’m quite on the ball with what to look for. 

The Killie players somehow mistook their CV19 symptoms for seasonal colds... that’s worrying, to say the least. Why would any of our opponents think differently to the Kilmarnock players?

Edited by Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

And Scottish football has been a joke during his tenure. How is he still in a job?

It was "his turn" apparently. #oldboysclub

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’m choked with a bad cold as we speak. Caught it from my five year old, who caught it at school. I know it’s just a cold because I’ve bothered to read up on the symptoms, and after two scares throughout lockdown where my 18 month old had a temperature of 42 and my wife had a viral infection, I’m quite on the ball with what to look for. 

The Killie players somehow mistook their CV19 symptoms for seasonal colds... that’s worrying, to say the least. Why would any of our opponents think differently to the Kilmarnock players?

Also, as if you wouldn’t at the very least cover all bases by checking. Properly stupid 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Also, as if you wouldn’t at the very least cover all bases by checking. Properly stupid 

Exactly. That’s the level of stupid we are entrusting our staff’s safety to though. It’s criminal that they are not making every club test their players.

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The infection rate shows us that it’s a very virulent virus, we also know many folk have had it and not realised. Without regular testing, it’ll spread through our division and the families of the club staff like wildfire. If the tests hadn’t taken place at Kilmarnock, they’d have played and probably infected Motherwell players. Then the two teams would have played their next opponents and the same thing would have happened... and so on, and so forth. That’s exactly what would happen if it had been in the Championship.

If it is really true that the player displayed covid-like symptoms and didn't self-regulate immediately it is probably the stupidest and most dangerous breach in Scottish football so far. I'd have to double check the legislation but potentially means the player broke the law too. Beyond stupid. 

I agree that having professional leagues that aren't following the performance sport guidance is crazy. I can't get my head round how the SPFL thought this would play out well.

The change in the r number recently has been about differences in level of social contact as restrictions have eased not a change in the virulence of the virus. But yes agree it is a virulent virus.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Im choked with a bad cold as we speak. Caught it from my five year old, who caught it at school. I know it’s just a cold because I’ve bothered to read up on the symptoms, and after two scares throughout lockdown where my 18 month old had a temperature of 42 and my wife had a viral infection, I’m quite on the ball with what to look for. 

The focus on "cold-like" symptoms for months got into peoples heads. You'd think an "elite" club would have updated players on the most common symptoms to look for now. Problem is some people who have COVID do just have mild cold-like symptoms. I lean towards "If sick stay home"

Edited by ToqueJambo

Footballfirst
44 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why the F did the premiership teams get a vote on this?

The Premiership clubs field "Colt" sides in the Challenge Cup

TyphoonJambo
34 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You might have put up what you found. Save me from just looking it up....:sad:

Hedgehogs or any other animal with spikes not best suited to passing through the human poop chute

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yip, and why back yonder every club that were able to play in August and conduct the testing should have been allowed to. 

This is Doncasters, the boards and the clubs biggest failing and should result in dismissals. 

The problem is, however - Doncasters job is to complete the will of its members, he has done this. The members acted within their own set of rules so ultimately there is no accountability for this gross incompetence shown and ultimately the resulting shambles that will see lower league football stopped and clubs effectively shut down. 

Some of these clubs that could have ran with the top flight protocols but were not allowed to. 

I get so pissed off when I join the dots and look back at the snivelling chairmen and pundits acting like It was a run of the mill relegation, utter *****. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It's beyond that tbh. 

If a chef or the likes acted like that then served food all day he might be sacked and charged. 

Worse, a nurse or doctor continued to do their job... 

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

If it is really true that the player displayed covid-like symptoms and didn't self-regulate immediately it is probably the stupidest and most dangerous breach in Scottish football so far. I'd have to double check the legislation but potentially means the player broke the law too. Beyond stupid. 

I agree that having professional leagues that aren't following the performance sport guidance is crazy. I can't get my head round how the SPFL thought this would play out well.

The change in the r number recently has been about differences in level of social contact as restrictions have eased not a change in the virulence of the virus. But yes agree it is a virulent virus.

I can’t really think of any other way to describe/point out how virulent the virus is though. The r number at least shows how it spreads in a given exposure situation. It’s virulent as **** basically.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I can’t really think of any other way to describe/point out how virulent the virus is though. The r number at least shows how it spreads in a given exposure situation. It’s virulent as **** basically.

And apparently it might be mutating in reaction to the physical distancing measures. The *******!

34 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

superbly put.  And for the very reasons you state is why the lower leagues will go tits up ASAP.

It is unbelievably irresponsible to allow leagues to go ahead with no testing. Goes to show Doncaster etc do not give a shiny shite about the leagues, the players or their families. It’s a bang on cert that clubs will get it and games postponed and the whole season will explode.

any players / families that get this from a football game rests squarely on the conscience of Doncaster and the committee.

Also just where is the mysterious media obsessed Leitch in all this ?  

Edited by 1971fozzy

Between kilmarnock and now Trumpy, youd imagine the SPFL will throw the book at us.

Cabbages v Hamilton tonight.  Plenty of Patsies in Deeks boozer.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

superbly put.  And for the very reasons you state is why the lower leagues will go tits up ASAP.

It is unbelievably irresponsible to allow leagues to go ahead with no testing. Goes to show Doncaster etc do not give a shiny shite about the leagues, the players or their families. It’s a bang on cert that clubs will get it and games postponed and the whole season will explode.

any players / families that get this from a football game rests squarely on the conscience of Doncaster and the committee.

Glad I’m not alone in seeing this. It’s an appalling example of disregard for people’s safety, and it could lead to loss of life. It needs sorting right now.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Doncaster cares about the OF, full stop.  Not his fault.  That's the job description.

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Glad I’m not alone in seeing this. It’s an appalling example of disregard for people’s safety, and it could lead to loss of life. It needs sorting right now.

100%.  Can’t believe Sturgeon is probably even aware of it tbh.  If I was a Hearts player I’d be very concerned and if I got it From (eg) playing Dundee I’d be looking at suing the SPFL.  Being forced to work in an unsafe environment is against the law if the powers that rule and govern do not do all they can to secure safety. 
they should damn well make it a condition for testing. Those that can’t do not play and forfeit the points

Edited by 1971fozzy

28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

100%.  Can’t believe Sturgeon is probably even aware of it tbh.  If I was a Hearts player I’d be very concerned and if I got it From (eg) playing Dundee I’d be looking at suing the SPFL.  Being forced to work in an unsafe environment is against the law if the powers that rule and govern do not do all they can to secure safety. 
they should damn well make it a condition for testing. Those that can’t do not play and forfeit the points

I’m an SNP voter, supporter and member. I agree though, I can’t understand how this is being allowed to go ahead. My only possible explanation, is that they don’t know this is the case, but I find that in itself pretty difficult to fathom. ScotGov have done a pretty decent job so far of taking all the necessary steps to try and ensure people’s safety imo. There have been some individual **** ups like that idiot on the train, but policy has been pretty tight from the top of the party.

I actually emailed the club to ask them what they think about this situation, and the inherent risks. Don’t even know if I’ll get a reply or not. I think I’ll maybe send one to the SNP to ask them too. 

It’s not just me that thinks this is dangerously negligent though, I see. Was starting to think I was losing it. 🤪

Edited by Beast Boy

SectionFJambo

The level of asymptomatic infection seems to be massive. A Uni in England with 770 positive results and only 78 apparently symptomatic. Given everything going on I'd assume people even with the most mild symptoms would be counted.

Suggests you've got a disease which spreads well, doesn't show most of the time and can be fatal to the unfortunate few. Seems to be a perfect storm situation.

Short of lockdown not sure you can prevent it spreading and just need to mitigate as much as possible. Suggests to me without testing you can't go ahead as you can't mitigate the spread.

1 minute ago, SectionFJambo said:

The level of asymptomatic infection seems to be massive. A Uni in England with 770 positive results and only 78 apparently symptomatic. Given everything going on I'd assume people even with the most mild symptoms would be counted.

Suggests you've got a disease which spreads well, doesn't show most of the time and can be fatal to the unfortunate few. Seems to be a perfect storm situation.

Short of lockdown not sure you can prevent it spreading and just need to mitigate as much as possible. Suggests to me without testing you can't go ahead as you can't mitigate the spread.

Agreed. Can’t believe this is where we are at. 

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Between kilmarnock and now Trumpy, youd imagine the SPFL will throw the book at us.

😂 Thanks Doug, I've had a wee bit of a shite day and that wee quip has made me laugh. True though.

This obviously just makes our expulsion that much worse, I have absolutely no confidence that the Championship will play any matches and for that matter won't be surprised if the SPL is shut down altogether! It was great to get sports going again, I didn't think I had missed it that much until I started watching again but I just don't see competition being sustainable in any sport with the way this virus is going!