Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If these wanks wrote that themselves then I have a bigger tadger than Peter North.....

The Aberdeen or the SFA/SPFL PR machine at work.

Edited by Tasavallan

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

The Abderdeen or the SFA/SPFL PR machine at work.

Could've engaged a proof-reader...

There will be no points deduction or major fine , in case either half of the bigot brothers have a similar incident , can you imagine deducting Celtic 3 points to allow rangers to go above them etc etc 

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

As requested. ;)

Their first names pretty much identifies them.

Can’t recall any other players in the first team they could be confused with.

Their first names confused Dick Gordon on Sportsound, but I suppose that's not a great surprise.

At least "Jonny" will not need to play in midfield over the next 2 games, if still allowed to be played by Nicola:P

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, 2205ian said:

He tried to portray it was serious, but still managed to get a few giggles in as usual.

He had trouble putting some surnames to the list of players when reading out the statement.

Tried to defend the embarrassment for Derek McInnes & that knob jockey Dave Cormack. Dave has probably not slept for 2 nights since the news broke. He's been busy phoning the other 11 Premiership Chairman to express his apologies.:Aye:

Not really the Club's fault, all down to the players......ie excuse for no SPFL punishment for the Club.

An easy option available to football authorities would be to hit the players with a 1 game suspension for the re-arranged game vs SJ, saving Cosgove's until he is fit to resume. 

Good to see the list began with the excellent return of Jonny Hayes to the Dandy Dons. "Great Signing" as it was reported at the time. A real role model to any youngster setting out on a career with AFC.

If the club aren't to be held to account, why do Hearts get fined for players' disciplinary record,?

Edited by colinmaroon

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If the club aren't to be held to account, why do Hearts get fined for players' disciplinary record,?

Probably because we are Hearts & everyone is envious of FoH contributions & other ways our fans financially support the Club.

JKB Mods will be in SFA's bad books for their excellent decision today to donate £2500.00 to HMFC.

Another factor in looking after AFC will be Dave Cormack's dealing with Donkey & Co at the time of the "Dundee Vote" fiasco!

Biffa Bacon
6 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

SPFL must deduct points from Aberdeen otherwise Aberdeen benefit from a postponement while St J are disadvantaged.

Of course they are unlikely to do so in case it makes a precedent for the bum cheeks.

What if the Hamilton games goes ahead midweek, the sheep field a weakened team and get pumped. The St J game is rearranged when Aberdeen players have done their isolation and return to defeat St J.At the end of the season Hamilton pip St J for 11th place by a point or 2, and the farmers are relegated....sporting integrity or take your medicine?

buzzbomb1958
7 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I watch the photos from outside pubs in Aberdeen.  Where is the social distancing and where is the police. 

Youngsters don't give a shit ,they are supposed to wear a mask on buses unless they are exempt all I can say is Scotland must have the most unhealthy youngsters going they are just selfish ***** wonder if their family caught this would they think differently

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

What if the Hamilton games goes ahead midweek, the sheep field a weakened team and get pumped. The St J game is rearranged when Aberdeen players have done their isolation and return to defeat St J.At the end of the season Hamilton pip St J for 11th place by a point or 2, and the farmers are relegated....sporting integrity or take your medicine?

Pretty much what I’ve just watched Andy Walker say, he mentioned the Celtic game too. He reckons that these next two games should be postponed, but they’ve left themselves hardly any leeway. Amateur hour as usual, a shambles and a laughing stock, again.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Youngsters don't give a shit ,they are supposed to wear a mask on buses unless they are exempt all I can say is Scotland must have the most unhealthy youngsters going they are just selfish ***** wonder if their family caught this would they think differently

It’s all youngsters that have spread it in Preston, they’re using the slogan “don’t kill your granny” to try and get it into their thick skulls. 

buzzbomb1958
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s all youngsters that have spread it in Preston, they’re using the slogan “don’t kill your granny” to try and get it into their thick skulls. 

Assholes

On 07/08/2020 at 18:08, CJGJ said:

I get that rule but were they told they could not go out at all just because they are footballers ?

So are we saying that if there were 2 or 3 of them flat sharing they could go out but not meeting up if it exceeds 3 households ?

Or is there a different rule for footballers at present ?

Given the circumstances, generally not good to be seen out drinking anyway but some might have been not drinking and just out with their pals and is that against protocols ? (putting aside the possibility/probability they exceded 3 households between them)

There will be quite a few groups all over Scotland who are not keeping to the household 'rule' this weekend for sure...and maybe some on here

Mass hysteria all round. Far more people are dying at home from non-Covid related diseases than from Covid because of the failure to adapt the  message perpetuated by the authorities. It's all a bloody mess.

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, 2205ian said:

Their first names confused Dick Gordon on Sportsound, but I suppose that's not a great surprise.

At least "Jonny" will not need to play in midfield over the next 2 games, if still allowed to be played by Nicola:P

I guess it will depend which of the 2 tested positive.

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Maybe those 8 players should be suspended for the St Johnstone match, whenever it’s played. 

part_time_jambo
21 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

I think his regular slot has finished on the show, I might be wrong though.

Glad you cleared that up!

part_time_jambo
19 hours ago, indianajones said:

What an absolute joke of an organisation. It just gets more embarrassing for them by the day. 

What's even worse is that most folk are happy with the stays quo

Not trying to be the spelling police, but that made me smile.

part_time_jambo
17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If these wanks wrote that themselves then I have a bigger tadger than Peter North.....

Just what I was thinking (not the tadger bit).

Unknown user
16 hours ago, Mr Wan said:

Can the spfl do anything if no member club complains? After all they only do what the members ask for, as they don't have the power to take discisions that may affect any member as they are only employees! 

I don't know about the SPFL but surely the SFA's compliance officer will be getting in contact. 

SectionDJambo

St Johnstone can't be happy about this, but they're now represented on the SPFL board.  So they're probably just having to keep quiet about it, or know that they'll be "looked after" later, in the true style of SPFL cabal members.

indianajones
57 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Not trying to be the spelling police, but that made me smile.

Never even noticed 😅

Auto correct and raging. 

Hagar the Horrible

I get the feeling St Johnstone will be happier with the replay with fans Rather than the 3 points gifted. Let's see what happens against Hamilton and then we will hear from Celtic. That game will go ahead with a depleted squad no doubt

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I don't know about the SPFL but surely the SFA's compliance officer will be getting in contact. 

You'd think ?

Biffa Bacon
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe those 8 players should be suspended for the St Johnstone match, whenever it’s played. 

And St Mirren and Ross County etc?

Why aren’t the games games against hamilton and celtic not being postponed? 

Cant see where celtic can fit the rearranged game til next year, then we could have the scenario of where rangers could be on top of league by a point with celtic having a game in hand and the leagues get called! The spfl have already set this precedent, making up rules as they go along

If they get caught again and can't fulfil fixtures the punishment should be they take our place in the Championship. Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures. 

12 minutes ago, five wan said:

Cant see where celtic can fit the rearranged game til next year, then we could have the scenario of where rangers could be on top of league by a point with celtic having a game in hand and the leagues get called! The spfl have already set this precedent, making up rules as they go along

We haven't seen the judgement but with the 3.0 vote it does appear on the face of it the SPFL can do as they please as long as members vote for it.

So whereas PPG was used last season doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be the solution this coming one.

Throw in a money won't be released unless you vote and you guarantee your result and it's all ok.

Edited by DETTY29

Nothing will happen to Aberdeen with new rules being hatched together for non compliance with covid. Wait for the other leagues starting and players from the same club getting caught together(not in a boozer necessarily). Then they will hammer a hearts/ Partick.

Let's see if I've got this straight.

Players from one club engage in some activity that results in a to-be-televised-live match getting postponed.

A couple of their subsequent matches are - as a fair contest - in doubt.

Neil Doncaster has, so far, not commented.

The Compliance Officer has, so far, not commented.

Is that where we're at?

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Let's see if I've got this straight.

Players from one club engage in some activity that results in a to-be-televised-live match getting postponed.

A couple of their subsequent matches are - as a fair contest - in doubt.

Neil Doncaster has, so far, not commented.

The Compliance Officer has, so far, not commented.

Is that where we're at?

when put in black and white like this it is a complete and utter embarrassment. 

What happens if the league is called again and St. Johnstone are bottom by two points and have game in hand?

It may not be the Aberdeen game but that contrived to give them fixture congestion. 

Would they go down? 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

What happens if the league is called again and St. Johnstone are bottom by two points and have game in hand?

It may not be the Aberdeen game but that contrived to give them fixture congestion. 

Would they go down? 

Of course not, that would be unfair...wouldn’t it? :interehjrling:

20 minutes ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Would they go down? 

Exactly what I was thinking at the time. But if StJ are happy to be pissed about then that's their problem. Clearly the SPFL Board have no intention of doing anything to punish clubs. It will be interesting to see what happens if last week's scenario is repeated in either cup competition. 

5 hours ago, five wan said:

My reading of what was said is the St Johnstone game was postponed as what the players did cast doubt on whether Aberdeen were following all the Covid procedures.

I expect that Government people will have been to the ground and training facilities to check everything. 

Once they get the okay the games this week will get the go ahead. 

John Findlay

With dropping 2pts at Killie today. Celtic will be pressuring all and sundry for their game with Aberdeen to definitely be on.

Another example it seems of players just ignoring the rules that Aberdeen players fell foul of..Jadon Sancho comes home for the weekend and attends a house party..more than 3 households at that no doubt

Has he followed all procedures ?

Of course he is not playing at the moment

Understandably, United fans are desperate for a breakthrough in negotiations and Sancho sent supporters into overdrive after being pictured in the UK on Saturday. The youngster attended a house party with rappers Krept and Konan who happen to be United supporters.

Edited by CJGJ

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Another example it seems of players just ignoring the rules that Aberdeen players fell foul of..Jadon Sancho comes home for the weekend and attends a house party..more than 3 households at that no doubt

Has he followed all procedures ?

Of course he is not playing at the moment

Understandably, United fans are desperate for a breakthrough in negotiations and Sancho sent supporters into overdrive after being pictured in the UK on Saturday. The youngster attended a house party with rappers Krept and Konan who happen to be United supporters.

He's not playing at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's not playing at the moment. 

But that does not matter re the household rule

Aberdeen players broke the 3 household rule..nothing to do with being in a football bubble

They deserve to be chastised but lets get it clear the household rule is the only one they have broken..there is no special rule re being a footballer going out in public

Aberdeen caused a televised game to be postponed and their players will have contributed to raising the local R number.

They should be hammered by the SPFL - and NO excuses about the pandemic or situation. Didn't matter when they ****ed us over, did it?

Edited by Gizmo

IveSeenTheLight
39 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Aberdeen caused a televised game to be postponed and their players will have contributed to raising the local R number.

They should be hammered by the SPFL - and NO excuses about the pandemic or situation. Didn't matter when they ****ed us over, did it?

Bloddy hell. LOL. They were not the source

They broke the three household rule, accepted, but they didn’t catch it within that bubble, it was their stupidity to go out into the public where the two caught it.

Im certain they wouldn’t have done so if they were aware of the local outbreak.

This is a stark reminder that the virus is out there and you don’t know if someone has it but is unaware  I.e Asymptomatic, else some te@t decides to go to the pub despite testing positive.

It also shows how social distancing works and as a society, too many have become to lax at taking care.

13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

They broke the three household rule, accepted, but they didn’t catch it within that bubble, it was their stupidity to go out into the public where the two caught it.

This is a stark reminder that the virus is out there and you don’t know if someone has it but is unaware  I.e Asymptomatic, else some te@t decides to go to the pub despite testing positive.

It also shows how social distancing works and as a society, too many have become to lax at taking care.

Look , Hearts got thrown under a bus so you're dirty little football club could be playing right now, so Scottish football could survive allegedly. Aberdeen should be hammered for the behaviour of your players. Total scum and you're trying to defend it. **** off.

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Look , Hearts got thrown under a bus so you're dirty little football club could be playing right now, so Scottish football could survive allegedly. Aberdeen should be hammered for the behaviour of your players. Total scum and you're trying to defend it. **** off.

:clap:

indianajones
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:clap:

+1

jambo_4_eva
22 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Couldn't say it better myself. 

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Absolutely this. Hearts are guilty of nothing more than having the misfortune to be playing shite and being bottom of the league when a global pandemic hit. Literally any other season we would have been fine. And playing shite isn't against any rules anyhow.

Yet, we've been hammered for months and are being forced to lose a fortune just so the other Premiership clubs can start the new season on time, instead of finishing the league and starting the new one later.

Aberdeen (and others) break actual rules that are causing big problems for the game and they get zero punishment.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Well said. I wish that codheid would disappear up his own arse. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

They broke the three household rule, accepted, but they didn’t catch it within that bubble, it 

Nobody knows where or when they caught it.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

they should be handed out bans at the very least. Their actions were a disgrace and could end up contributing to football being canned. 
They broke rules that were agreed between the SG and SPFL and SFA.

They are damn lucky the SG didn’t can football now.  As furlough ends that would kill off many clubs immediately. 
Selfish, arrogant and damn stupid is what they were. 
personally I’d be subjecting your club to a -15 point punishment as well.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Absolutely.

And it’s not just Aberdeen who have betrayed the whole excuse for ending the season early and then demoting  3 clubs.

What about the “working party” that Dempster, and others, abandoned any cooperation to reconstruction that would have prevented 3 clubs being hung out to dry, were cheerleading? Months to come up with a coherent, collective plan to provide income for all the clubs through online viewing, whilst there are no paying spectators. What they end up with is Celtic buying up the old BT set up, to make sure they’re ok, as usual. The rest are just a mishmash of restricted access and differing prices for fans, completely failing to generate much needed income for their clubs.

No leadership, no vision, no plan to take Scottish football forward. Easy to cast 3 clubs adrift, to the self gratification of the short sighted “leadership”. Beyond their capabilities to have a solid plan to get games played on time, and with all possible revenue streams activated.

Where is the delighted Mr Vindication? Maybe on a UEFA jolly whilst his responsibilities are set aside again here?

Nookie Bear

Well said. 

IveSeenTheLight

I certainly am not trying to defend, but to blame two players for the rising R rate in Scotland is ludicrous,

‘Just my opinion