Boycott National Team

Diadora Van Basten

been here before
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

There’s better entertainment reading the spat between Been Here Before and Nucky Thomson. Much more entertaining than watching Scotland for sure. Even poor African nations, where they play in the street barefoot, would tear us a new one these days. 

Chipping in my tuppenceworth then i seriously hope Israel turn over Scotland home and away. Will never ever shout for the Scotland football team until the weegie mafia that run the show are brought to book...and that will never happen! 

Nae spat here man. I might get a punch in the mouth.

#shittinmasel

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nae spat here man. I might get a punch in the mouth.

#shittinmasel

Grow up wee man

7 hours ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Hampden isn't exactly packed to the rafters these days anyway think most people boycott national games.

The March playoff against Israel was sold out before the virus scuppered it

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Gave up on the NT years ago after a Lithuania game. Some Hibs tossers were screaming dirty Hearts bassa at Miko every few minutes. They knew I was a Jambo.

I ended up turning round and telling them to shut it or someone was getting a punch in the mouth. 

Never heard a peep again

Oooooohhh you're hard :gok:

My half sister

I've heard that Queens Park could have a problem as they've already been paid for the Israel game and need the fans to be there. If it's played BCD, they will have a major financial problem . How did they vote?

Weakened Offender

I'm really interested to see how this pans out. Hearts fans who boycott away matches but still choose to follow the national side, particularly if we get fined, will be Scotland fans with a soft spot for Hearts in my book. 

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Gave up on the NT years ago after a Lithuania game. Some Hibs tossers were screaming dirty Hearts bassa at Miko every few minutes. They knew I was a Jambo.

I ended up turning round and telling them to shut it or someone was getting a punch in the mouth. 

Never heard a peep again

I'm warming to you. 

Had a similar situation myself. 

2 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I've heard that Queens Park could have a problem as they've already been paid for the Israel game and need the fans to be there. If it's played BCD, they will have a major financial problem . How did they vote?

Pretty sure QP never got a cut of the gate in the past.  Hampden Park Ltd paid a fixed amount to QP to manage and operate the stadium.  And just to add extra cronyism the board of Hampden Park Ltd has many members who are also on the SFA board.  I recall the SFA saying recently that if the SC Semis/Final and the Scotland Autumn matches were BCD then it would give them a £3M hole.  Most if not all of these matches will be BCD.  There's a view that any attendances would not be more than 10%.

maroonedinoz
9 hours ago, Sherbet said:

If we get punished we should withdraw from this years scottish cup. After all the the sfa are backing the spfl ending the season

Wouldn't that be playing right into our neighbour's hands though?

2 hours ago, maroonedinoz said:

Wouldn't that be playing right into our neighbour's hands though?

The only reason it was not cancelled along with the league is to  give celtic their 4th treble

6 hours ago, oi oi said:

The March playoff against Israel was sold out before the virus scuppered it

Yet only 20k there v Kazakhstan.

Psychedelicropcircle

If it’s no maroon ijdgaf 

The National team should be disbanded to save us the ridders 😚

Been boycotting these losers for 20 years. Still want us to win of course but if I want to be amongst English hating nationalists for 90 minutes I will go stand outside Holyrood.

All these 'politics has no place in football' fans as they stand there with SNP badges on their hats.

:facepalm:

Edited by i8hibsh

Only given the national team passing attention for years.  It’s really become something of a bad joke. A microcosm for the SFA really. Steeped in the need to ensure that often mundane Rangers or Celtic players get capped at the expense of far more capable players playing for other clubs.  I really can’t muster any enthusiasm these days for this, and the pathetic way that the SFA run the game here just reenforce my view of it. I’ve no doubt that events to come shortly will confirm my view of them.  Only Hearts for me now.

15 hours ago, slashishere said:

Boycott - seriously do people really think we're going to get fans in stadiums this year?

The kids will go back to school next week, covid cases will rise and further relaxation of measures will not happen where not necessary in order to sustain having kids at schools.

It's not necessary to open football stadiums in the grand scheme of things.so you don't have to worry about boycotting any games (all imo of course!)

I agree with you. 

In fact I would say we are further away from crowds at football than ever. 

No point in folk getting stressed about something that can't happen anyway. 

jamtartan74
23 minutes ago, complete control said:

i just want to ask the footsoldier who came up with the sound of music thing. Why ?????

Scotland were playing in Austria which is where the sound of music was set, I think 🤔 

complete control
4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Scotland were playing in Austria which is where the sound of music was set, I think 🤔 

Surely no ?

15 hours ago, Sherbet said:

TBH  if scotland were playing in my garden I'd buy blackout curtains. Lost interest in the national team when we started playing lower league English born players with a scottish granny before players born and bred in scotland

That's my problem with International sport nowadays. 

Players being allowed to pick and choose which national team they want to play for just because of where their grandparents came from. 

There doesn't seem to be any point to international teams now. 

Back to 2005

Would never watch the national team anyway. Fans are a bunch of SNP supporting weirdos with dubious dress sense.

Each to their own though....

Bret the Hitman Hearts

I have been to one Scotland home match in my life. Israel was going to be the second.

I now hope Israel win.

Got a refund for my Israel tickets through yesterday. Nice feeling getting my money back from the SFA. Hope the game is behind closed doors to hit them hard especially with the sale of Hampden going through today.

The Treasurer

I'd never go so far as to want my country to lose (at any sport) but as far as actively supporting the NT, I gave that up years ago

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Been boycotting these losers for 20 years. Still want us to win of course but if I want to be amongst English hating nationalists for 90 minutes I will go stand outside Holyrood.

All these 'politics has no place in football' fans as they stand there with SNP badges on their hats.

:facepalm:

You take being a sad dick to new heights.

20 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I got to be honest I struggle to give a **** about the NT. This has nothing to do with the SFA just the fact they are gash and have been for such a long time.

I will probably continue to give no ****s about the NT, until they qualify for a major tournament. 

Last decent national team was in 1982 and even then they got pumped out the WC at the group stage.

Edited by Marvin

Hectormasson
On 05/08/2020 at 18:16, slashishere said:

Boycott - seriously do people really think we're going to get fans in stadiums this year?

The kids will go back to school next week, covid cases will rise and further relaxation of measures will not happen where not necessary in order to sustain having kids at schools.

It's not necessary to open football stadiums in the grand scheme of things.so you don't have to worry about boycotting any games (all imo of course!)

Don't think there's going to be any fans allowed in this year ,or possibly we'll into next year,   this is not going away?   There's aberdeen having re occurring problems , along with many English cities "      nope can't see any fans being able to watch their teams ,,, its just not worth the chance  of catching this,,,,  football second   health Comes first &foremost......

11 hours ago, complete control said:

i just want to ask the footsoldier who came up with the sound of music thing. Why ?????

Match in Austria in the late 90s and it stuck 

7 minutes ago, oi oi said:

I was looking to future matches not dwelling on the past.

Dwelling on the past 😂 it was the last game they played at hampden

1 hour ago, o1djambo said:

Very petty and childish thing to do with no relevance whatsoever to our quarrel with the Spl. 

After the fine still feel the same? And don't come back with it's only £2500.

On 06/08/2020 at 21:20, Mr 3 Putt said:

Dwelling on the past 😂 it was the last game they played at hampden

In a meaningless match on a wet Tuesday night. 20k is a no bad turnout considering. 

And good to see Naismith score 👍

Smoked-Glass
28 minutes ago, oi oi said:

In a meaningless match on a wet Tuesday night. 20k is a no bad turnout considering. 

And good to see Naismith score 👍

Good to see him score but was worried he'd get injured.  Be raging if was in a meaningless game like that.