Richard Gordon

jake

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Still none of the moaners have come up with any recent quotes from him to justify this anger towards him.

i’ve actually met him before and he had a lot of positive things to say about hearts 

That's true. but recently he has come across as someone who is just looking out for his job and wanting an easy ride. He had the perfect opportunity to grill Dungcaster and failed miserably; and, yes, he giggles relentlessly. Basically harmless but it's about time that the BBC ditched these sycophants and employed proper journalists who have a modicum of integrity.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That's true. but recently he has come across as someone who is just looking out for his job and wanting an easy ride. He had the perfect opportunity to grill Dungcaster and failed miserably; and, yes, he giggles relentlessly. Basically harmless but it's about time that the BBC ditched these sycophants and employed proper journalists who have a modicum of integrity.

He is decent

who would you suggest?

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I suggest you. 😉

How funny

but seriously this thread is an embarrassment 

No one has any recent specific examples and others just moaning because someone on the radio doesn’t say positive stuff about hearts. Grow up!

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Can’t believe I agree with natural orders. 

Thanks for the support mate 

12 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I actually quite like him 

don’t see what the big deal is... always come across as articulate and fair

an no one has any quotes from him to suggest otherwise 

It's not what he says it's what he doesn't say. FEAR OF UPSETTING EITHER CELTIC OR RANGERS is clear. You must be able to see that that is what affects them all. Their analysis or commentary on Scottish football is dictated by the above. How can that be healthy? They must be beyond self loathing and just accept it for what it is A sham.

Pretty cowardly, really. Let's hide behind some snide sniggering 

Any attempt at obtuseness to defend is transparent trolling

Edited by Riccarton3

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's not what he says it's what he doesn't say. FEAR OF UPSETTING EITHER CELTIC OR RANGERS is clear. You must be able to see that that is what affects them all. Their analysis or commentary on Scottish football is dictated by the above. How can that be healthy? They must be beyond self loathing and just accept it for what it is A sham.

Any attempt at obtuseness to defend is transparent trolling

Will just have to agree to disagree 

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He is decent

who would you suggest?

That what I dont get because he really is a good presenter and some time back thought he might get head hunted for a bigger gig, well if the likes of Jim White can !!! But somewhere he just bought into this sniggering snudey wee person persona. I do agree it started after Miko where his attitude was outrageous and highlighted by the fact that there has been far  worse that he never comments on. I just wonder what Tom English would be like in the anchor role? Probably last two minutes as would ask too many awkward questions.

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Will just have to agree to disagree 

Sorry I missed your argument to the contrary.

What's his view been on Celtic euro fines year on year or when rangers received a delayed transfer ban so they could sign players in advance of it! Or when the sfa said rangers had no competitive advantage because we could have all used ebts. Yet happy to sit and snigger at ........Hearts (for being bottom.with 8 games to go)

Edited by Riccarton3

Haringshairband
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

I don't see where people are getting their hatred of him from, he's not THAT bad, certainly no worse than any of the others who Hearts fans love to froth over.

It's time for Hearts fans to get a thick skin and pay no attention to what's said in the media, that's what I've done and it does you the world of good. :)

He's Hibs don't pay attention.

38 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How funny

No one has any recent specific examples and others just moaning because someone on the radio doesn’t say positive stuff about hearts. Grow up!

I was being serious! I'd far rather have you on the box than what we have to suffer. All we seem to get on telly & radio are either a bunch of sycophants or a wee group of trendy gigglers who care more about their hair do's. That fella wi' the front comb-over ain't fooling anyone!

Screenshot_20200805-122505_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-122458_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-122451_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-122445_Gallery.jpg

Sport sound is pretty much set up like the football authorites. Old boy network that stamps on anything progressive. Same old formula. Jobs for the boys. Turgid output.

46 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

He's Hibs don't pay attention.

I hope you're not suggesting I'm a Hibs fan? Hilarious if you are.

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I hope you're not suggesting I'm a Hibs fan? Hilarious if you are.

Some on here make false assumptions that anyone who says negative things is a Hibs fan

Dunno what this boards come to. You can’t call an aberdeen supporting bbc presenter names anymore without being pulled up for it.

Richard Gordon is an absolute cock. If you want reasons ask Richard Gordon. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sport sound is pretty much set up like the football authorites. Old boy network that stamps on anything progressive. Same old formula. Jobs for the boys. Turgid output.

Agree, like sportscene outdated & crap

Yeah, he posted as 'Stirling' and iirc apologised for his comments about Miko at the time. He's always had a strong dislike for anything to do with Hearts. Maybe because Aberdeen are our only challengers for 3rd biggest/best in the country 

His comments about Miko still irk me!

Making out that diving is unacceptable in Scotland & they don't tolerate it wot a joke 🤣🤣. Its been 11 years since Miko left Hearts & in that time we,ve seen who the real divers & cheaters are but they don't get the same level of stick ,not even Morelos.

Gordon is a dick in every sense.

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Precisely, Gordon isn't a journalist, he studied commerce and was a banker before switching to presenting, his soft soap questions to Doncaster removed any lingering questions of journalistic training or integrity.

It's in dire need of a revamp.

A few years ago they obviously felt the need to recruit a Celtic minded pundit, step forward....

Pat Bonner, who's only qualification seems to be affability, he's had no involvement in Scottish football for decades, can barely identify any player that doesn't play for ra Sellick, and adds nothing to the commentaries in terms of analysis of  formations and tactics.

Jambo 4 Ever
14 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

His comments about Miko still irk me!

Making out that diving is unacceptable in Scotland & they don't tolerate it wot a joke 🤣🤣. Its been 11 years since Miko left Hearts & in that time we,ve seen who the real divers & cheaters are but they don't get the same level of stick ,not even Morelos.

Gordon is a dick in every sense.

Need to move on and calling him names is out of order 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

His name is Richard, dick is a slang name for that so its hardly name-calling. Calm doon ffs!

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He’s an absolute prick. 

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Calling him names is entirely appropriate. Glad you’ve found your crusade though. You’ve spent long enough looking for one. 

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s an absolute prick. 

Calling him names is entirely appropriate. Glad you’ve found your crusade though. You’ve spent long enough looking for one. 

Don’t be so immature 

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Don’t be so immature 

Giggling like a wee lassie on a national radio show is immature. Calling Dick Gordon names is mature and rational. 

upgotheheads
19 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

No idea what he has done now to annoy the OP but he is top of my dislike list. He turns everything into a sneer fest and gets them all acting like giggling school girls when Hearts are mentioned. Years ago I thought he would go places as a presenter but hes a jester now. Correct me if I am wrong did he not have a profile on here many moons ago ?

18 hours ago, Tenor said:

His voice irritates the shite out of me!

The only presenter Ive ever heard who can vocalise a smirk.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Precisely, Gordon isn't a journalist, he studied commerce and was a banker before switching to presenting, his soft soap questions to Doncaster removed any lingering questions of journalistic training or integrity.

It's in dire need of a revamp.

A few years ago they obviously felt the need to recruit a Celtic minded pundit, step forward....

Pat Bonner, who's only qualification seems to be affability, he's had no involvement in Scottish football for decades, can barely identify any player that doesn't play for ra Sellick, and adds nothing to the commentaries in terms of analysis of  formations and tactics.

Falling backwards as that deflection took it over his head. You'll know the goal I mean. 

Spitonastranger
4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

How funny

Take it you didn't hear the things he said about Miko, for that alone no Hearts fan should have any positive feelings about him.

doctor jambo
19 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Dick did have an account on a former KB, circa early 2000s. Ewan Cameron was a regular poster who came across IMO as a lover more of Rangers than Hearts. 

Dick was known and wasnt outed as such. He didnt post much and I think he stopped posting after his rant about Miko. 

Stirlingjambo

6 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

He is decent

who would you suggest?

MIko-gate.
***** MacPhee.
Sniggering when discussing Hearts.

Decent? Get the **** out of here with such nonsense. 

I always got the impression he didn’t like Hibs more than anyone.  He ripped the utter shit out then for years which admittedly isn’t hard. 

Falling backwards as that deflection took it over his head. You'll know the goal I mean. 

This

aCtii48Z.gif

Swiftly followed by this

yDxJj4xz.gif

:brucey:

queensferryjambo
22 hours ago, jake said:

Ban him from Tynecastle the sneering little creep.

No point in banning someone who doesn't come to Tynecastle is there.

Oh yeah and he is a total *****.

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

They did a few Saturday afternoon sports-sound shows using Tynie as the base before the lockdown.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

queensferryjambo
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They did a few Saturday afternoon sports-sound shows using Tynie as the base before the lockdown.

Oh ok. I always thought they done them in the studio.

Don't think they will be back anytime soon though :) 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, queensferryjambo said:

Oh ok. I always thought they done them in the studio.

Don't think they will be back anytime soon though :) 

No I'd agree with you there and I don't want any of them at Tynecastle either. 

3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Does he not attend in an official capacity?

I'm sure he had a moan about our comms stuff.

Oh yeah I agree mate I actually despise him.

Also apart from broadcasting media stuff what is his connection with football?

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought so.

He slagged us off then too.