Brentford v Fulham

XXX

Brentford v Fulham - Tues 7:45pm  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see promoted?

Ron Burgundy
9 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

Awful game? Apart from the goal of the season. Yoyo club?  Premiership from 2001-2014. Can't believe they managed to get up this year but that must say a lot for the manager. Brilliant club, still able to have fans sitting together in the putney end. 

Correct and they are hardly the biggest or most glamorous of London clubs so I have nothing but respect for their fans. Same goes for Brentford.

18 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Correct and they are hardly the biggest or most glamorous of London clubs so I have nothing but respect for their fans. Same goes for Brentford.

I’ve always had a lot of respect for

fans of London clubs that probably wouldn’t be in the glamours/most popular category.

Orient, Millwall, Charlton etc.

Fulham don't particularly add anything to the Premier League.  They'll come up, sign a couple of mediocre players, get a couple of results against bigger clubs, but ultimately be back down in the Championship in time for tea.

At least Brentford would have had the underdog appeal, and having not been in the top flight since just after the end of WWII, they might have attracted a bit of neutral interest.  I doubt they would have fared better, and probably would have been relegated themselves, but I'd rather see new faces than the same old shite that we've seen before.

Shame for them.

44 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Fulham don't particularly add anything to the Premier League.  They'll come up, sign a couple of mediocre players, get a couple of results against bigger clubs, but ultimately be back down in the Championship in time for tea.

At least Brentford would have had the underdog appeal, and having not been in the top flight since just after the end of WWII, they might have attracted a bit of neutral interest.  I doubt they would have fared better, and probably would have been relegated themselves, but I'd rather see new faces than the same old shite that we've seen before.

Shame for them.

Brentford losing to Stoke and Barnsley when one win needed for automatic promotion says they didn't deserve to get promoted.

Better coaches in O'Neill, Struber and Parker stopped them playing in these last games.  

They would be mincemeat in the Premiership.

But...another year, learn a bit more and build squad and they have a chance. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brentford losing to Stoke and Barnsley when one win needed for automatic promotion says they didn't deserve to get promoted.

Better coaches in O'Neill, Struber and Parker stopped them playing in these last games.  

They would be mincemeat in the Premiership.

But...another year, learn a bit more and build squad and they have a chance. 

Very valid points, they had it all in their own hands and bottled it spectacularly.  It'll be something they won't want to repeat ever again.

I'm sure they said on the commentary last night that Brentford's starting XI only cost £13 Million to put together.  Now, I may have misheard, and it may have been £30 Million, but in the crazy world of English transfer budgets, that is absolute buttons, and they have done remarkably well to finish where they did.

A bit of investment, and holding on to their strikers in particular, will see them do well next season.

Scottie Wanshot.
19 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Genuinely not bothered, just really , really looking forward to the game after the absolute crap the SPFL dished up over the last few days. 

Scottish football at the weekend was dire.

12 hours ago, Georgecowie said:

Awful game? Apart from the goal of the season. Yoyo club?  Premiership from 2001-2014. Can't believe they managed to get up this year but that must say a lot for the manager. Brilliant club, still able to have fans sitting together in the putney end. 

Dreadful club. Had an ST there for a season when Tigana was manager. Rubbish ground apart from the quaint cottage. "Come on Fulham" is the most dirgeful chant in football...

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Dreadful club. Had an ST there for a season when Tigana was manager. Rubbish ground apart from the quaint cottage. "Come on Fulham" is the most dirgeful chant in football...

Interesting. Have always enjoyed visiting Craven Cottage when Palace played there. One of the more scenic walks to the ground from the nearby Underground stations. Suppose it doesn't really matter as unlikely we will be visiting any away grounds next season let alone home games.

Georgecowie
10 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Right place, wrong time? Putting four past Juventus and the comeback v Hamburg were nights to remember. Not quite Bayern at Tynecastle but I enjoyed my season ticket years when I was down there. Got the dirge come on Spellczech in my head now! With the pretty poor away support made trips to old trafford/anfield doable as well. 

Harry Potter
On 04/08/2020 at 19:00, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Who do you want to see promoted?

Dont mind, obviously the better team deserves it, great how the English are playing football UNLIKE some.☹️.