Jump to content

Beirut explosion


The Internet

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Barack

    22

  • Cade

    21

  • Jambo-Jimbo

    14

  • Tazio

    12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christians happened to live close to the docks, so they were disproportionately affected by the explosion.

Conspiracy theories are flying around that the whole thing was a Muslim plot against them (aye because blowing up half the city to target one neighbourhood makes total sense)

 

All 6 deaths yesterday were Muslims, killed by Christian snipers.

 

:vrface:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Christians happened to live close to the docks, so they were disproportionately affected by the explosion.

Conspiracy theories are flying around that the whole thing was a Muslim plot against them (aye because blowing up half the city to target one neighbourhood makes total sense)

 

All 6 deaths yesterday were Muslims, killed by Christian snipers.

 

:vrface:

There are some Christians in that part of the town but the main Christian population is in the east of the city, the west is mainly Sunni and the Shia population is traditionally more rural. Conspiracy theories are part of the Lebanese psyche and have been for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

There are some Christians in that part of the town but the main Christian population is in the east of the city, the west is mainly Sunni and the Shia population is traditionally more rural. Conspiracy theories are part of the Lebanese psyche and have been for years. 

 

Hard to believe Beruit was the "playground" of the middle east in the 70s. Never been but no chance of ever going now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

 

Hard to believe Beruit was the "playground" of the middle east in the 70s. Never been but no chance of ever going now.

It’s been largely rebuilt since the civil war and is still a popular destination. The tourist industry is very important to the city to this day, it’s a beautiful city as the architecture is very mixed due to the European influence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Christians happened to live close to the docks, so they were disproportionately affected by the explosion.

Conspiracy theories are flying around that the whole thing was a Muslim plot against them (aye because blowing up half the city to target one neighbourhood makes total sense)

 

All 6 deaths yesterday were Muslims, killed by Christian snipers.

 

:vrface:

Why do you never see that criminals come from all kinds and religious political sects.

It's only ever one way with you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...