• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kenneth Dubeke

• Ari Gold

• Unknown user

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well at least folk can't blame Levein if he's signed and turns out to be a duffer for us. :laugh2:

He recommended him 😜

11 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Bit hyperbolic here I think. 

In what way has Smith been an outstanding signing? He's been a good signing I'd say. Jury is out on Boyce. The others you mentioned from England haven't been good enough. 

I don't understand how you can't say Smith has been an outstanding signing. He's been incredible and the most consistent players we have.

At least a 6.5 out of 10 every week and usually far beyond that.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Danguar said:

I don't understand how you can't say Smith has been an outstanding signing. He's been incredible and the most consistent players we have.

This. We struggled to replace Paterson when he left. Smith's been our only player with consistent pass marks the whole season, part from Naismith maybe. Even filling in very well at DM and CB.

8 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Yeah he's brilliant, we've done well to get him on trial. Glad he's chosen us over all the other offers.

What insight, cant wait for more in depth analysis on potential signings....who needs John Murray eh 🤣😅😂

8 hours ago, Danguar said:

As I said, I think outstanding is OTT. He's a good player and done a job for us. I'm not criticising Smith. 

To say anyone who has been part of an under performing hearts team for 3 years including one of our worst seasons in a long time has been outstanding doesn't sit right with me. 

Good signing, not outstanding. 

Edited by Ari Gold

Ainsley Harriott
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. We struggled to replace Paterson when he left. Smith's been our only player with consistent pass marks the whole season, part from Naismith maybe. Even filling in very well at DM and CB.

Difficult to say with Naismith given how few games he plays a season

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting pass marks for last season does not warrant to be classed an outstanding signing. 

Have our expectations really dropped so low to what's expected from hearts players? 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Getting pass marks for last season does not warrant to be classed an outstanding signing. 

Have our expectations really dropped so low to what's expected from hearts players? 

He's had 3 years of consistency, adaptability and great attitude. When you compare him to the others we've signed in that time its fair to say he's stood out I reckon.

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's had 3 years of consistency, adaptability and great attitude. When you compare him to the others we've signed in that time its fair to say he's stood out I reckon.

Oh I completely agree that he's been our best player for the last few seasons. Really reliable. One if the few likeable players we currently have. 

Outstanding? Come on. 

David McCaig

Michael Smith will be pushing 33 by this time next season, so it makes sense to give Brandon his chance at Championship level and then Neilson can make a decision on whether Jamie is good enough to be our right back in the SPL.  Brandon showed some real promise prior to Stendel’s arrival... albeit it was only a 3 game sample!!

FWIW I actually quite liked him at Motherwell, any time I saw him his percentage of getting into areas where he made good deliveries was high. 

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Michael Smith will be pushing 33 by this time next season, so it makes sense to give Brandon his chance at Championship level and then Neilson can make a decision on whether Jamie is good enough to be our right back in the SPL.  Brandon showed some real promise prior to Stendel’s arrival... albeit it was only a 3 game sample!!

agree, only concern is the injury record - can he stay fit for a season? 

12 hours ago, Danguar said:

Have to agree. One of our BEST signings. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Brandon has had plenty chances to prove himself over the past few seasons. Never been very convincing. Lightweight, can't defend and offers very little going forward

David McCaig
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

agree, only concern is the injury record - can he stay fit for a season? 

Hopefully another player who will benefit from the prolonged lay-off and extended pre-season.

17 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Yeah he's brilliant, we've done well to get him on trial. Glad he's chosen us over all the other offers.

That is one pathetic response.

Unknown user
5 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Oh I completely agree that he's been our best player for the last few seasons. Really reliable. One if the few likeable players we currently have. 

Outstanding? Come on. 

If you agree that he's stood out, i don't see why calling him an outstanding signing is such a stretch.

Just now, Smithee said:

If you agree that he's stood out, i don't see why calling him an outstanding signing is such a stretch.

Because in the 3 years he's been here, we've been poor and achieved very little. 

In 15 years time, I don't see us looking back thinking Michael Smith was an outstanding signing. 

Good signing, nothing more. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Because in the 3 years he's been here, we've been poor and achieved very little. 

In 15 years time, I don't see us looking back thinking Michael Smith was an outstanding signing. 

Good signing, nothing more. 

He's stood out, therefore he's been an outstanding signing. But that's ok, you don't need to agree.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's stood out, therefore he's been an outstanding signing. But that's ok, you don't need to agree.

You seem to have low expectations. He's stood out so must be outstanding. 

That's a stretch but yes, agree to disagree. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

You seem to have low expectations. He's stood out so must be outstanding. 

That's a stretch but yes, agree to disagree. 

There's no need for the wee snide, it's nothing to do with expectations, it's what the word outstanding means.

He's stood out as a signing - you agree. 

He's been an outstanding signing - you don't agree.

Yet these 2 statements mean the same thing 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

There's no need for the wee snide, it's nothing to do with expectations, it's what the word outstanding means.

He's stood out as a signing - you agree. 

He's been an outstanding signing - you don't agree.

Yet these 2 statements mean the same thing 🤷‍♂️

We both know the term outstanding was used in the same sense as fantastic, wonderful etc. 

I wouldn't use either of those words either. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

We both know the term outstanding was used in the same sense as fantastic, wonderful etc. 

I wouldn't use either of those words either. 

Well apparently we don't, the guy didn't say fantastic or wonderful.

But whatever, semantics is boring, knock yourself out with this one.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well apparently we don't, the guy didn't say fantastic or wonderful.

But whatever, semantics is boring, knock yourself out with this one.

Well we do. The meaning of the word outstanding gives it away👍