Hamilton fc

Hectormasson

26 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

The gap people should worry about and make more noise about is Celtic getting richer and richer compared to our so called "top teams".

Bang on the money if you pardon the pun. The thing I think strange is Celtic don’t seem to want competition in Scotland anyway. They will get richer and richer, continue to look down on us and pull further away. What does a ST holder at parkhead get out of watching their team batter the opposition every week? It must be very boring. Poor souls right enough.

Celtic fans love to remind everyone they started as a charity but none of them would admit they are now one of the most capitalist clubs in europe.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Rizla

• Boof

• SwindonJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoked-Glass
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Hope they dissappear from the face of football, their shitty ground is sold for car parking and that fat munter semi female fan of theirs gets a terminal full body outbreak of thrush. Shitty no mark team. 

I liked them in 2014

Smoked-Glass
2 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Bang on the money if you pardon the pun. The thing I think strange is Celtic don’t seem to want competition in Scotland anyway. They will get richer and richer, continue to look down on us and pull further away. What does a ST holder at parkhead get out of watching their team batter the opposition every week? It must be very boring. Poor souls right enough.

Celtic fans love to remind everyone they started as a charity but none of them would admit they are now one of the most capitalist clubs in europe.

They were lucky to get out of the 90s

I dislike Hamilton as much as anyone but , to add a bit of context to the debate,  when we last played Celtic in February we ended up losing 5-0. They make no pretensions about their ambitions - their main aim every season is survival and tbf they aren't too bad at that

Yet to see Ross County but I suspect Hamilton will have the worst squad but will be hard to beat on that shitey pitch. Time to ban these pitches imo.  

26 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Both OF clubs have a financial advantage stemming from bigger season ticket sales, thousands more paying at the gate on the day, an obvious increase in match day catering sales with bigger crowds.

And that's before factoring in kit sales and bigger sponsorship deals etc. But a huge financial factor is their success in qualifying for European group stages. It's more valuable than winning the league.

If others in Scotland could step up and emulate that not only would it bring more money into the game it would raise the profile of the Scottish game.

A higher profile would make it more attractive to sponsors and TV. But do you see the sheep or Motherwell actually doing that? Or anybody outside the OF for that matter anytime soon.

The OF made it through the group stages into the knockout stages to accumulate even more millions because they actually play football. The rest of the league does not.

They simply park the bus in an attempt not to lose while constantly fouling to prevent any football actually being played. Exactly what the sheep did against Rangers yesterday despite being the home team.

Until that changes I don't see any non OF team getting anywhere in Europe nor TV, sponsors etc being interested. Only the clubs can change that.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Both OF clubs have a financial advantage stemming from a willingness to profit from - and even encourage sometimes it seems - the rampant bigotry, sorry "tribalism", in Glasgow and are happy to host a weekly gathering for thousands of people to reenact/celebrate/keep alive conflicts that have nothing to do with modern Scotland or football.

FTFY

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

FTFY

What are you even talking about? That's what stops Scottish teams playing football? That's what makes cannon fodder in Euro qualifying? What manner of alternate reality is this?

Horatio Caine

Was interested to see Celtic went 2-0 up, then Hamilton got one back before the break.  A wee bit like the Final we played in 2012.  Then with folk saying Hamilton were still in the game, a quick scoring burst just after half time to bring it up to 4.  Then a lot later a fifth for 5-1.  Scoring followed a similar pattern to that day in May 2012.

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Was interested to see Celtic went 2-0 up, then Hamilton got one back before the break.  A wee bit like the Final we played in 2012.  Then with folk saying Hamilton were still in the game, a quick scoring burst just after half time to bring it up to 4.  Then a lot later a fifth for 5-1.  Scoring followed a similar pattern to that day in May 2012.

I don't think Hamilton can be criticised. Does anyone doubt that many more teams with bigger budgets than Hamilton are going to go Glasgow and be hammered?

Rangers 5 sheep 0 comes to mind from last season.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think Hamilton can be criticised. Does anyone doubt that many more teams with bigger budgets than Hamilton are going to go Glasgow and be hammered?

Rangers 5 sheep 0 comes to mind from last season.

Sadly, we haven't got a competitive league.  Haven't done for decades.

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

And as I mentioned in a previous post I just don't see anything changing until the clubs start trying to play football. This season actually gives Hearts a chance to do so. But will the opposition play along? Will they simply park the bus and foul non stop?

And would playing proper football continue after promotion back to the SPL?

Now in saying that I would deem it impractical to play open attacking football against the OF certainly away from home. Their class advantage is just too overwhelming and more often than not would probably end in a thrashing. But for crying out loud at least try something after you go behind.

And against everyone outside the OF they should be trying to play proper football that would be suitable for European play. It's more attractive to watch and more attractive to TV.

And just may result in somebody outside the OF qualifying for a group stage. Helping to improve the co-efficient along the way.

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Celtic weren't even in the hunt until Fergus McCann showed up.  Conman Murray and his bent Bank of Scotland cronies changed the landscape.  

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Celtic weren't even in the hunt until Fergus McCann showed up.  Conman Murray and his bent Bank of Scotland cronies changed the landscape.  

The Sky TV deal in England changed the landscape. Until then Rangers and Celtic were capable of competing with English sides for players which is why Rangers had so many English internationalists.

I remember a journalist saying at the time that Paul Gascoigne would be the last big English internationalist to come to Scotland. It was around the time the first Sky TV deal was signed. Post Sky Murray tried to continue competing with them when that was now impossible.

Prior to that Bosman was a game changer for clubs outside the richest. Anybody think the sheep would have had the likes of McCleish and Miller for a whole career post Bosman?

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The Sky TV deal in England changed the landscape. Until then Rangers and Celtic were capable of competing with English sides for players which is why Rangers had so many English internationalists.

I remember a journalist saying at the time that Paul Gascoigne would be the last big English internationalist to come to Scotland. It was around the time the first Sky TV deal was signed. Post Sky Murray tried to continue competing with them when that was now impossible.

Prior to that Bosman was a game changer for clubs outside the richest. Anybody think the sheep would have had the likes of McCleish and Miller for a whole career post Bosman?

Murray and BOS came along in 1988, well before Sky, the EPL and Marc Bosman. 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Murray and BOS came along in 1988, well before Sky, the EPL and Marc Bosman. 

Rangers began using the EBT sceme in 2000, the Bosman ruling 1995, first Sky TV deal 1995.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I didn't see any of it but they were bumming him up on the radio at half time, did he fall apart after that?

He was at fault for all the goals, three slow crosses into his 6 yard box he could’ve cut out, one shot palmed straight back out to the diving heid and a trundled bobbling shot for the last. Five of the easiest goals they will get all season.

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Rangers began using the EBT sceme in 2000, the Bosman ruling 1995, first Sky TV deal 1995.

The EPL launched in 1992. Surely the first Sky TV deal was then? Sky ignored the Scottish game until 1995ish, by which time the English game already had an unassailable financial advantage.

11 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

The EPL launched in 1992. Surely the first Sky TV deal was then? Sky ignored the Scottish game until 1995ish, by which time the English game already had an unassailable financial advantage.

It wasn't until later that the deals became enormous. After the TV companies had assured themselves this would be financially tenable. When Gascoigne arrived at Rangers in 1995 a new improved deal had just been negotiated, vastly improved because they now knew this was a cash cow.

It was at that point in 1995 the journalist I mentioned said that Gascoigne would be the last big English internationalist to play in Scotland. Because this new deal made it untenable. The journalist further said that provincial English teams in the top league would ultimately eclipse the OF.

I was sceptical but of course he was right as we now know.

SwindonJambo
18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It wasn't until later that the deals became enormous. After the TV companies had assured themselves this would be financially tenable. When Gascoigne arrived at Rangers in 1995 a new improved deal had just been negotiated, vastly improved because they now knew this was a cash cow.

It was at that point in 1995 the journalist I mentioned said that Gascoigne would be the last big English internationalist to play in Scotland. Because this new deal made it untenable. The journalist further said that provincial English teams in the top league would ultimately eclipse the OF.

I was sceptical but of course he was right as we now know.

Money has destroyed the game unfortunately. If it wasn't for Hearts, I could easily be done with the game. 

It could also be said that at 28 and after a few injuries and a not always good time at Lazio, Gascoigne was past his best when he signed for Deidco. He only played at 1 World Cup for England and 1 Euro. 

Edited by SwindonJambo

21 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Money has destroyed the game unfortunately. If it wasn't for Hearts, I could easily be done with the game. 

It could also be said that at 28 and after a few injuries and a not always good time at Lazio, Gascoigne was past his best when he signed for Deidco. He only played at 1 World Cup for England and 1 Euro. 

I think money has certainly destroyed the game in Scotland. Ironically English football money that is and the lack of money in Scotland. It's impossible in Scotland for most to hold on to any top quality for long.

The OF can still find and hold on to a top quality talent for 2 or 3 seasons so van Dijk being an example of that. They can offer relatively good money and almost guaranteed Euro experience. But even that takes speculative money only they can afford to gamble with.

Rangers spent a speculative million on Morelos and are now going to cash in for probably at least 15 million or so. Celtic spent around 2 million on van Dijk then cashed in for about 14 million or so. No one outside the OF can afford such speculation.

Edited by JFK-1

6 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Deidco   I love that.  😁❤❤❤❤

Let their club die.  Shame.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hamilton are better than us. Let that sink in.

Absolute criminal how we let this happen.

Let this sink in.  Anyone who would post that needs help.

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Why? What is not right about it?

The Internet
22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Last 3 results against them 

2-2

2-1 (loss) 

2-2

There's not a strong case for it being wrong at this point. 

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Think Rangers having so many English internationals was a combination of English sides being banned from Europe, Murray splashing some cash and Souness being highly respected from his achievements at Liverpool. 

Annoying wee club that have a habit of getting ridiculous results when they most need it.  FFS we beat Hibs 3-1 at the dump and the next night  they go to Ibrox and win 1-0

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Now in saying that I would deem it impractical to play open attacking football against the OF certainly away from home. Their class advantage is just too overwhelming and more often than not would probably end in a thrashing. But for crying out loud at least try something after you go behind.

I’ve always thought this. I can’t see the point in going to Glasgow and sit back and wait for the beating at least have a go.

If we go and end up hammered say 5/6-0 what’s the bloody point. Fans pay hard earned cash for a ticket so at least put up a fight. Even if it ends up 5-2, 6-3 at least we would have a bit pride and respect.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hamilton happened to be above us when the season was stopped let that sink in.

13 hours ago, Boof said:

And could we have your opinion on Celtic too?

:yas: 

12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hamilton is actually a great awayday. There's a couple of cracking pubs, you can grab an hours' karaoke in the boozer outside the train station in Motherwell and be back in P5 for a few before chucking out time. 😎

Haven't been through since the opening day in 18/19. Couldn't get in a pub anywhere after the match. Wasn't even wearing colours either.

15 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Shite team, shite support, shite stadium, shite town, shite football.....

13 hours ago, Boof said:

And could we have your opinion on Celtic too?

Made an erse of that - meant to say could we have your opinion on Hamilton too. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

I’m maybe get older but what the hell does FTFY even stand for?

Fixed That For You.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Bent bank of scotland, aye mind their charges, clown run bank.

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Shite team, shite support, shite stadium, shite town, shite football.....

Enough about Celtic, what about Hamilton? 

BervieJambo

Hamilton are the only Premiership club who publicly stated they voted for reconstruction - for that reason, there are many more clubs I would rather see relegated.

5 hours ago, Locky said:

:yas: 

Haven't been through since the opening day in 18/19. Couldn't get in a pub anywhere after the match. Wasn't even wearing colours either.

Maybe they didn't like the look of the dodgy character you were with 😂

Don't think we can have a pop at anyone getting turned over there. I've lost count of the amount of times in the last 20 odd years I have seen Hearts concede over 5 goals vs them through there. 

17 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A big part of the England players signing for Rangers was the ban on English teams playing in Europe. Rangers gave them the chance to play in the European Cup where they didn't have that if they signed for say Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Maybe they didn't like the look of the dodgy character you were with 😂

Strange that. :rofl: 

10 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Last 3 results against them 

2-2

2-1 (loss) 

2-2

There's not a strong case for it being wrong at this point. 

And at the same time what about the last couple of results against Rangers?

SPL January 26th Hearts 2 - Rangers 1 

Or, Scottish cup semi, Hearts 1 - Rangers 0

Or even, March 4th 2020, Rangers 0 - Hamilton 1

Does this mean both Hearts and Hamilton are better than them? Or is that wrong?

underwaterwoodwelder

To be honest I only watched the first 20 mins or so and I give them credit for at least attacking Celtic with numbers and looked dangerous on attack. 
I hope they still get relegated though the shiny wee weagie club that they are.

The Internet
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

And at the same time what about the last couple of results against Rangers?

SPL January 26th Hearts 2 - Rangers 1 

Or, Scottish cup semi, Hearts 1 - Rangers 0

Or even, March 4th 2020, Rangers 0 - Hamilton 1

Does this mean both Hearts and Hamilton are better than them? Or is that wrong?

You know that comparison doesn't make sense given league position. 

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

You know that comparison doesn't make sense given league position. 

Of course it doesn't, and that's actually the point. Losing to a team does not mean they're the better team.

6 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Don't think we can have a pop at anyone getting turned over there. I've lost count of the amount of times in the last 20 odd years I have seen Hearts concede over 5 goals vs them through there

It's one time.

Nineteen years, eight and a half months ago.

In the last 25 years there have been five 5-0 scorelines at Parkhead...but that's not over 5 goals. Each one in Celtic's favour.

10 hours ago, Boof said:

It's one time.

Nineteen years, eight and a half months ago.

In the last 25 years there have been five 5-0 scorelines at Parkhead...but that's not over 5 goals. Each one in Celtic's favour.

Point is we have taken as many gubbings through there than most!