62 years

Sharpie

132goals1958

My heart goes out to you Bob as I know only too well what you are going through. Whilst life will never be the same we will always treasure the memories and it is some comfort albeit small that you have the support of family and friends. My thoughts are with you.

I P Knightley

Such sad news, Bob, but thanks for sharing it with us. Tough days are ahead but you're a level-headed guy so I hope you can summon the necessary strength. We may be a bunch of arseholes but you know there's a lot of folk on here will do whatever we can to support you. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Only just saw this, Bob. My heart goes out to you and if it's any solace (which I doubt) Esther did not have a prolonged period of suffering.

Monica and I send our love.

John Findlay

So sorry for your loss Bob. One thing you will never lose is 62 years of memories, both bad and good.

I'm at 38 years with Mrs RobboM and know it feels like just yesterday and forever. I can only guess at your loss.
Deepest sympathies Bob.

Walter Payton

Sorry for your loss Bob. Hopefully you'll already know there's hundreds of Jambos on here who'd enjoy conversations with you if you ever need it.

On 02/08/2020 at 11:07, Sharpie said:

A simple phone call at 8.00am this morning  brought the message that sixty years of marriage, sixty two years of love had come to an end. Its a strange feeling, sadness at the loss, but a sense of relief that the suffering is gone, and if the belief that on the time of death one goes to a place where all the passed relatives will be, Esther will now be with our beloved daughter Deborah.  I went to the hospice gave her a loving hug and said goodbye, until we meet again, hopefully in a better world.

Sorry to hear of your loss. No words of mine could alleviate your pain at this time. But 62 years of love didn't come to an end. That will always be within you.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm so sorry to hear this. Bob. The vulnerability and authenticity you've shown on here while sharing this part of your story is humbling and touching.

Be well, take care, reach out.

All the best, friend.

JudyJudyJudy

Ver sad news . However you had over 60 years with a life long partner . What a blessing . Cherish those memories and look back with fondness with your happy memories . Best wishes 

• 2 weeks later...