62 years

Sharpie

A simple phone call at 8.00am this morning  brought the message that sixty years of marriage, sixty two years of love had come to an end. Its a strange feeling, sadness at the loss, but a sense of relief that the suffering is gone, and if the belief that on the time of death one goes to a place where all the passed relatives will be, Esther will now be with our beloved daughter Deborah.  I went to the hospice gave her a loving hug and said goodbye, until we meet again, hopefully in a better world.

Салатные палочки

So sorry for your loss. Very sad to read that. 

Auld Reekin'

Condolences and best wishes, Bob.

Bob, you have my sincere condolences on her passing. As you said, hang on to the belief that she is re- united with your daughter in another place. Hold on to the memories of her, and every day be thankful for the good fortune you both had for the years spent together.

Been dreading this thread, never met you Bob, probably never will, but you feel like family to most of us I'm sure.

Condolences to you and the family.

Riddley Walker

So sorry to hear this Bob. You're incredibly well loved on this board and I'm sure plenty of us would private message you if you ever needed it. 

Take care and reach out if you need to. 

You and I have followed similar paths in life, Bob, all the way to being with the love of our life for 62 years.

I cannot imagine how you must be feeling today, except that the sense of loss must be overwhelming.  I also know that there is nothing that I can say that will make you feel any better.

But I hope that you can draw some comfort from knowing that you are held in the highest regard by hundreds of Hearts supporters on JKB, and all of us are thinking of you at this awful time.

Oh Bob.

I was just thinking of you today, your recent absence on here.

There are no words to properly express my sympathy to you.

God Bless yourself and your ‘wee girl’.

Thanks guys, probably knowing me but I have had more words of sympathy here than any where, not one neighbour has called, still waiting for a call from my son, but its a holiday here so he may be away somewhere. I have  a wee cry every so often, but I saw her for the last time and gave her a hug, she finally looked like she had escaped all the pain and was rested. I am so glad I have friends on here, primaril;y because they are all my ain people.

Aw FFS, Bob. That's ****ing terrible news to hear. Genuinely gutted for you. Make sure you get any support you need. 

Sorry mate. Do you have much family over there or are most based in the UK? I know there'd be a queue of people on here who'd invite you for a drink if you're ever back in the UK.

Worthing Jambo

Sorry to hear of your loss Bob.

Look after yourself and keep posting!

I’m sure everyone on here will do their best to lift your spirits.

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Thanks guys, probably knowing me but I have had more words of sympathy here than any where, not one neighbour has called, still waiting for a call from my son, but its a holiday here so he may be away somewhere. I have  a wee cry every so often, but I saw her for the last time and gave her a hug, she finally looked like she had escaped all the pain and was rested. I am so glad I have friends on here, primaril;y because they are all my ain people.

I showed this to all my family tonight Bob. I don’t know you apart from on JKB but we have had a couple of fantastic conversations on PM here about your old colleagues in the Polis. I have to admit that my eyes are misty as I am writing this but I really hope you will stay strong.

Your wife was obviously the woman you were destined to share your life journey with and you had 60 fabulous years together. My partner and I are at 32 so a bit of catching up to do. I hope we can match the 62 you had with Esther.

Amongst the JKB/Hearts community I know how well respected you are and the stories you tell have made many of us want to here more. Keep strong Bob!

Horatio Caine

Love never dies, Bob.  You feel the love coming form us all over here, but you and Esther still share the love you have shared so strongly over the years.  You are still in each other's care.  Death does not have the victory over love.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you stay strong and your family come together to support each other in the coming days.