Watching the Hearts Matches when they start ?

HMFC-1874

So with the games being closed games for the foreseeable,  are Hearts still restricted to only allowing Audio to UK fans ?  Another stupid rule in the first place of many by the SPFL..

tartofmidlothian

What's the deal, can't we show games live on Hearts TV? Or do we have to wait until our turn on Sky or BT comes round?

My understanding of it is this, due to the tv licencing deals with SKY,BT, BBC and other services. Hearts are only allowed to show live video to people outside the UK, offering only Audio to UK subscribers per agreement in the TV licencing deal. Regardless if we are on of the channels or not at that given time.   

9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

What's the deal, can't we show games live on Hearts TV? Or do we have to wait until our turn on Sky or BT comes round?

Sky aren't showing the Championship.

It'll be the BBC that dictate it. BCD games can surely be shown on Hearts TV for UK subscribers if the top flight teams can do the same. Otherwise more prejudice.

Edited by kila

Glencoejambo

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

Why some 2 months after the Premiership??

Just now, Glencoejambo said:

I seemed to have missed exactly why why the Championship and lower leagues are not starting until October??

They only care about the Premiership... the wallets are being filled of all those at the head of the SPFL and the clubs in the Premiership... not really a surprise after recent times..   

10 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

I was thinking this today. Was it something stupid to do with the clubs claiming they didn't have the money to do a full season? 

Perth to Paisley

A lot of our games will be Friday at 7 on Alba ..

Dundee game for example?

Also there is a new TV service for overseas betting purposes called Pixellot....sure Roger Mitchell is behind it ...its covering Championship games - vpn may be on your shopping list!

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/img-finalises-spfl-betting-rights-deal-as-pixellot-technology-added/

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

Furlough ending!! 

TyphoonJambo

Get yourself a vpn (I use Nord it's v good) then subscribe to hearts TV international, more cash for the club. 

Famous 1874

Will be fans in at games by the time the season kicks off. They are starting filling stadiums with fans on September 14th onwards assuming the situation stays the same as it currently is. 

upgotheheads

I hope this happens otherwise our boycott of away games us meaningless, can't see it though

10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will be fans in at games by the time the season kicks off. They are starting filling stadiums with fans on September 14th onwards assuming the situation stays the same as it currently is. 

48 minutes ago, HMFC-1874 said:

So with the games being closed games for the foreseeable,  are Hearts still restricted to only allowing Audio to UK fans ?  Another stupid rule in the first place of many by the SPFL..

Surely season ticket holders should be able to view home games if bcd?

13 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Not filling!

colinmaroon

8 of the 10 Championship voted to delay start as they said they couldn't afford it.

Another complete and utter sheissefest.

39 minutes ago, Glencoejambo said:

The assumption is that clubs will be allowed spectators in by then (remains to be seen) and the Champ clubs cannot possibly afford the cost of testing without gate money , if at all. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be honest,  more exciting watching text commentary than the games themselves. 

I find that the experience is dire, hopefully be better watching Hearts 

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The assumption is that clubs will be allowed spectators in by then (remains to be seen) and the Champ clubs cannot possibly afford the cost of testing without gate money , if at all. 

So why did JA give them 50k?

William H. Bonney

It’s a shame bt don’t have the rights to show Scottish league football this season. Their coverage was very good I thought. Far better than sky sports. 

David McCaig
21 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Highly unlikely as test events for crowds now cancelled and Chris Whitty indicating that lockdown has been loosened as much as possible without R number starting to spiral

Even pub openings may be rolled back to allow schools to open.

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Highly unlikely as test events for crowds now cancelled and Chris Whitty indicating that lockdown has been loosened as much as possible without R number starting to spiral

He’s talking about England specifically but the same principles apply here. 

davemclaren

The big risk is if enough championship clubs can actually start the season if there are still no crowds by then. I’m not convinced. 

21 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

That wasnt for testing it was for community initiatives.

I got so confused about all that stuff to do with JA's £50k to each club for community issues. I'm sure I heard on the radio that testing was a community issue because it would allow clubs to play and bring football back to the fans? Ok, no fans in the grounds but at least the fans had their team back. 

23 hours ago, Glencoejambo said:

I think it's because they hope spectators will be allowed in.(No chance) It will cost all clubs money to play BCD with no income. Even if there are a limited number of spectators, they will be season ticket holders so again no extra income....sit back and enjoy the fun

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

That's a different country.  Although seeing the crowds across Scotland on Friday, I won't be surprised to see a rise in cases here.

Blackshades
4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

That's a different country.  Although seeing the crowds across Scotland on Friday, I won't be surprised to see a rise in cases here.

When I'm out and see the way people are going about, you would think covid had miraculously just gone. it's going to go up again that's inevitable and the chances are we will go backwards .

TyphoonJambo
36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Get iptv. It’s peanuts a year. There’s a boy on here does it. 

Got his name? I need a new channel list😁

On 01/08/2020 at 16:55, TypoonJambo said:

Get yourself a vpn (I use Nord it's v good) then subscribe to hearts TV international, more cash for the club. 

Hearts TV International + VPN.  I have been using various VPN providers for years.  Some VPNs are better when you are trying to access UK websites from abroad but most VPNs work fine in the UK for watching Hearts TV.

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Got his name? I need a new channel list😁

Find the Kodi thread on here in the shed and ask for him. He’ll PM you a link. I keep meaning to get a hold of him but plenty time.

Edited by JimmyCant

I know from the NZ experience that eliminating community transmission is the key to everything.  The govt here didn't open everything up until there had been zero community transmission for a month or so.

Scotland may reach that happy state by mid October.  I hope so but if not, I can't see non restricted crowds being allowed.

Would love to see Hearts fund a friendly training type tournament in Edinburgh with ICT, Partick, Cove and Stranraer.

TyphoonJambo
8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Find the Kodi thread on here in the shed and ask for him. He’ll PM you a link. I keep meaning to get a hold of him but plenty time.

Cheers mate, sorted👍

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cheers mate, sorted👍

Could you send me a link or the username to the user you found cheers :D

TyphoonJambo

Just loaded his channel list perfect. I'll pm you his details 

manaliveits105

Just want to slap Donkey even more - he and his cabal have stitched us up proper

but we will have revenge on him one way or another 

Heartsofgold
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know from the NZ experience that eliminating community transmission is the key to everything.  The govt here didn't open everything up until there had been zero community transmission for a month or so.

Scotland may reach that happy state by mid October.  I hope so but if not, I can't see non restricted crowds being allowed.

Would love to see Hearts fund a friendly training type tournament in Edinburgh with ICT, Partick, Cove and Stranraer.

The big difference here Doug is that we have 4 separate countries in the Union and while there is supposed to be 'joined up' thinking, there has been significant divergence between ourselves and England.  we can stamp on community transmission, and we've done a reasonable good job if this to be honest, but there is still a significant number of people coming up from England for holiday breaks and they are now having very significant flare ups down south that they could bring North.  

Your country has been brilliant at controlling this but you have 1 central Government that, in the main, people trust to look after them during this crisis.

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

The big difference here Doug is that we have 4 separate countries in the Union and while there is supposed to be 'joined up' thinking, there has been significant divergence between ourselves and England.  we can stamp on community transmission, and we've done a reasonable good job if this to be honest, but there is still a significant number of people coming up from England for holiday breaks and they are now having very significant flare ups down south that they could bring North.  

Your country has been brilliant at controlling this but you have 1 central Government that, in the main, people trust to look after them during this crisis.

NZ also has the advantage of no land borders. 

I'm sure I recall a small outbreak traced to UK visitors who never followed quarantine rules after arrival.

We have much of the North of England going back into lockdown and while SG advice is to not travel south, they don't have the powers to stop anyone or indeed to prevent visitors from those areas.

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Dunks said:

NZ also has the advantage of no land borders. 

I'm sure I recall a small outbreak traced to UK visitors who never followed quarantine rules after arrival.

We have much of the North of England going back into lockdown and while SG advice is to not travel south, they don't have the powers to stop anyone or indeed to prevent visitors from those areas.

No land Borders....why the hell could I not have just said that!!

As for the North of England, I agree.  They can come willy nilly and if they have the virus potentially spread it all over the place.

On 01/08/2020 at 16:20, HMFC-1874 said:

Do what I do pay for HeartsTV international and disguise your IP address. Job done.

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just want to slap Donkey even more - he and his cabal have stitched us up proper

but we will have revenge on him one way or another 

It’s a shocker; they demote us with 24 pts still on the table

Prevent us from playing competitive games until October.  

And if football is cancelled between now and then it could even be longer.

Throw in the additional bonus of the uncertainty of promotion regardless of league position in May 2021.

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just loaded his channel list perfect. I'll pm you his details 

Can you send it to me as well please?