Malware Ads: Attempted redirects blocked

frankblack

Every page on the shed is attempting to redirect because the ads being served are malware.

Don't want to have to use an ad-blocker but whoever you are using to serve ads needs binned ASAP as they are not blocking script execution from untrusted sources.

Tommy Brown
52 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Every page on the shed is attempting to redirect because the ads being served are malware.

Don't want to have to use an ad-blocker but whoever you are using to serve ads needs binned ASAP as they are not blocking script execution from untrusted sources.

I'm getting it on Android Chrome. But not on Firefox.

Your 2nd paragraph, what does it actually mean.

I'm pretty Clueless on this.

Edited by Tommy Brown

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm getting it on Android Chrome.

Your 2nd paragraph, what does it actually mean.

I'm pretty Clueless on this.

Yeah - it was Android Chrome for me.   Not just the shed too, despite my post!

The adverts you see are running scripts that try and redirect the page.  The ad provider we are using on this site is basically not doing a proper job and letting scammers submit fake adverts with malicious scripts embedded, which triggers this.

As you might guess, I work in computer software so know how this could be prevented other than to disable the adverts, which I think should be done until a solution is found.

Edited by frankblack

I find the ads on the site a pain in the @rse. Too big and offensive. As said they just cause havoc, both when I'm on my phone and laptop.   

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I find the ads on the site a pain in the @rse. Too big and offensive. As said they just cause havoc, both when I'm on my phone and laptop.   

Totally.

The huge home icon loads seconds after the page renders so you click on it instead of the forum navigation link below you were trying to click.  A complete scam so they get paid for additional clicks.

I wonder if the popup redirect is targetting Virgin Media customers.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Screenshot_2020-08-01-12-16-00-395_com.android.chrome.png

IMG_20200801_121944.jpg

That is exactly what I get, then you get taken to some fake Virgin Media page as others said (I was trying to copy the link name to paste on here and it launched it instead).

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Totally.

The huge home icon loads seconds after the page renders so you click on it instead of the forum navigation link below you were trying to click.  A complete scam so they get paid for additional clicks.

I wonder if the popup redirect is targetting Virgin Media customers.

I'm BT and get them, my mobile is with EE (who are BT as it is).

• 3 weeks later...