*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Gorgie Boot boy

Magic Post Number

Very true, the good part is i only saw the last minutes of the first half, before the ghosts scored i was thinking this game is shite. The buffering was all over the place and missed the start of second half by a number of minutes. was better when Arfield scored. Then the vermin got a lot of luck with potential penalties, hands on the player push in the back and scored. 

Only reason i am watching it and is is because i had an accident at work in Norway had to come home for operations on two fibula injuries. One of the reasons is that i saw a link to the match and thought i would watch it. Regret it now.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Got to agree. I tuned in expecting Hibs to get humped. By hook or by crook they got a result without deserving it. That makes it a shite game for me. 

But I’m immature and hate Hibs.

• Replies 62.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There’s not giving any of the credit and there’s being totally deluded saying every team is utter shit and we will hammer anyone if we do this and that as we sit in the Championship signing randoms that are being bigged up again based on very little. 

I’m not deluded in slightest by saying Hibs are crap. They are utterly crap. Crap, crap crap. They are a one man team. They have been punching above their weight this season and have won several games due to officiating errors. If they beat us in the final they are still crap, it’s just that we are worse. I’m not the only fan on here with the same view.  They are crap, they will be found out. And if they finish in the top six, it’s not by some masterclass Brazilian football, but by how horrific the rest of our football league is. I’m pretty sure it’s not the first time you’ve shown a wee stonner for our naughty neighbours 

Doig is their weak link in defence. Hope he starts against us in the cup semi.

Nisbett was woeful. Unbeliavble hype. His goal last week was jammy just like their win against St Mirren.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The boy Gogic is a hammer thrower.

He's blowing out his ringer after 50 minutes 

To be fair to him he is recovering from a recent bout of Coronavirus. 

Game summed up both sides. Rangers looks pretty on the ball and get the ball into dangerous positions but have no one that can do something “special” to beat a defender or score a goal. Their defence looks good when under no pressure. As soon as anyone gets in their face they can’t handle it, Goldson still being one of the CB’s will cost Rangers a title, hes ganting. Their manager also has no Plan B after 3 seasons, criminal. Only reason he’s still in a job is cause of who he is. Hibs looked awful but weren’t punished and took their only two chances. Nesbitt getting plaudits for doing nothing really sums hibs up, ross getting plaudits for also not really doing anything also sums them up. Hibs will continue to beat the bottom 6 crap whilst struggling against the better sides in the league and the media will continue to climb in Ross’s arse. Celtic and Lennon must piss themselves watching Rangers. 

I must be getting old because that was crap today. Having just watched umpteen episodes of Big Match Revisited during lockdown I seriously long for the long lost days of proper football.

Today’s game is 22 athletes cancelling each other out and almost always a free-kick to one side or the other at the slightest contact. 

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen... 

:clyay:

This is the year Ross, McInnes, Lennon and Gerrard will all get sacked. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Always nice to see Aberdeen take a skelping. 

They must be rotten if McKenna not being in the side makes them collapse like this. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

There’s not giving any of the credit and there’s being totally deluded saying every team is utter shit and we will hammer anyone if we do this and that as we sit in the Championship signing randoms that are being bigged up again based on very little. 

You must be watching Hibs from a different vantage than me, because they are crap. They had a tactic today that worked so fair play, but that's the 3rd Hibs match I've seen this season and they haven't won 1 yet. Granted they had good wins at Livi and St Mirren, but between today, the Aberdeen and Motherwell games, I've not been impressed with Hibs one bit.

Bit odd to not only defend Hibs, but slate Hearts in your post, although I certainly wouldn't be claiming we could beat any of this lot.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

I hate Hibs, but that was best spl game this season by far, I watch any type of football I can, each to their own .

It was alright but if that was a great game in SPFL standards, then thank **** I don't watch it often.

jamboinglasgow

Seeing from sheep fans that McInnes is being McInnes again, signs an undervalued player in McCorrie, puts him in his natural position for a few games, McCorrie looks great and Aberdeen play well. Then plays him out of position and he looks poor and Aberdeen play badly.

18 minutes ago, Locky said:

You must be watching Hibs from a different vantage than me, because they are crap. They had a tactic today that worked so fair play, but that's the 3rd Hibs match I've seen this season and they haven't won 1 yet. Granted they had good wins at Livi and St Mirren, but between today, the Aberdeen and Motherwell games, I've not been impressed with Hibs one bit.

Bit odd to not only defend Hibs, but slate Hearts in your post, although I certainly wouldn't be claiming we could beat any of this lot.

I didn’t say they weren’t crap.  So are we, if not worse.  The levels of delusion we just have to turn up to pump them is alarming.  You would think we are great with great players that’s had a fantastic start to the season going by some on here and the rest of Scottish football are pap. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

I didn’t say they weren’t crap.  So are we, if not worse.  The levels of delusion we just have to turn up to pump them is alarming.  You would think we are great with great players that’s had a fantastic start to the season going by some on here and the rest of Scottish football are pap. 

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

When it comes to Hibs we have nothing to fear. That is vastly different from saying we will pap them, but we certainly dont have anything to fear.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

When it comes to Hibs we have nothing to fear. That is vastly different from saying we will pap them, but we certainly dont have anything to fear.

There are plenty people assuming we just have to turn up and stop Boyle.  I certainly don’t fear them but it will be an extremely difficult match all things considered.  

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There are plenty people assuming we just have to turn up and stop Boyle.  I certainly don’t fear them but it will be an extremely difficult match all things considered.  

It wont be if we approach it in the right manner.

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We'll only know that after a few games of the new season.

Guest ToqueJambo

Aberdeen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐑

This is a weird season when you want almost every other team to be humiliated. In every game I'm delighted someone has got their comeuppance. The only annoying results are draws. Lucky Aberdeen don't have a midweek game against a big European team next...

Congrats to them for getting over 7m for McKenna though. I'm assuming it's that much as they definitely, absolutely rejected an offer for that much not long ago.

Edited by ToqueJambo

38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It wont be if we approach it in the right manner.

👍 let’s hope the players and staff don’t read on here then. 

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I hate Hibs, but that was best spl game this season by far, I watch any type of football I can, each to their own .

I hate to say it but hibs look the most likely side to stop Celtic 

winning ten in a row

16 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

winning ten in a row

I thought the fringe was cancelled this year.

16 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

winning ten in a row

:rofl: 

36 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

winning ten in a row

I'll assume you're joking.

Don't think anyone is stopping them, the game appears to be rigged in their favour.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

The ignorance (or confidence whichever way you see it) simply comes from years of being a Hearts fan when it comes to derbies. 

In 2006 we had a very good team but Hibs did also. Probably their best in a lifetime. Hearts were confident, Hibs shat themselves. 4-0 pumping

2012, we had an up and down season. Team full full of mostly journeymen and kids. Hearts were confident, Hibs shat themselves. 5-1 pumping. 

2013/14. Team full of bairns getting beat most weeks and end up relegated. Beat Hibs 4 out of 5!

Last season will go down as one of the worst years of football our club has had to endure. Unfairly treated or not we were abysmal from top to bottom. From Levein to Budge, Stendel, Whelan, Pereria the list is endless. Losing to StMirren, Hamilton, St Johnston without a whimper. . . We still came out on top against Hibs!

Hearts beat Hibs. It’s what we do. 

43 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The ignorance (or confidence whichever way you see it) simply comes from years of being a Hearts fan when it comes to derbies. 

In 2006 we had a very good team but Hibs did also. Probably their best in a lifetime. Hearts were confident, Hibs shat themselves. 4-0 pumping

2012, we had an up and down season. Team full full of mostly journeymen and kids. Hearts were confident, Hibs shat themselves. 5-1 pumping. 

2013/14. Team full of bairns getting beat most weeks and end up relegated. Beat Hibs 4 out of 5!

Last season will go down as one of the worst years of football our club has had to endure. Unfairly treated or not we were abysmal from top to bottom. From Levein to Budge, Stendel, Whelan, Pereria the list is endless. Losing to StMirren, Hamilton, St Johnston without a whimper. . . We still came out on top against Hibs!

All true.  Let’s hope the pattern continues otherwise it will be carnage on here with posters who are convinced we are well better than team wise on suicide watch. 

5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Now calling out moaning minnies through hypotheticals. 

:rofl: 

Robbie’s last game in charge last time was a 2-0 VICTORY over Rangers which put us 2nd in the league and a few on here and elsewhere wanted rid of him. Hardly hypothetical 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

winning ten in a row

That's either a terrible joke or you need put down the glue and knickers. 

It's all so tediously predictable.  Hibs and Rangers both drop a couple of points.  Celtic drop nothing. All the clubs below the OF regularly beat each other creating the runaway two horse race.  One of them is a much better horse than the other.

Yawn.  At least it means new rangers remain trophyless.

They say when winning a championship it's better to chase than be chased. 

There are the obvious exceptions, most recently Liverpool.  

Rangers will have to hope they can keep up and not run out of puff. 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I wouldn't say we're crap either. We've a new manager, a squad going through a lot of changes and we haven't really kicked a ball properly yet.  Our pre-season is only ramping up now, and we're still in the market for players. No room for complacency, but I'm not scared of those ****s at all.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's all so tediously predictable.  Hibs and Rangers both drop a couple of points.  Celtic drop nothing. All the clubs below the OF regularly beat each other creating the runaway two horse race.  One of them is a much better horse than the other.

Yawn.  At least it means new rangers remain trophyless.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Imagine being a fan of said shooters. Dull as....

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

They say when winning a championship it's better to chase than be chased. 

There are the obvious exceptions, most recently Liverpool.  

Rangers will have to hope they can keep up and not run out of puff. 

And us, 2014-15.

26 minutes ago, Locky said:

I wouldn't say we're crap either. We've a new manager, a squad going through a lot of changes and we haven't really kicked a ball properly yet.  Our pre-season is only ramping up now, and we're still in the market for players. No room for complacency, but I'm not scared of those ****s at all.

So Hibs, Motherwell, Killie and others are crap but we are alright and a squad going through changes?   Nobody said anything about being scared either, baseless confidence on extremely little is deluded though.

16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Motherwell have underperformed till today but the Sheep without McKenna look a mess.  Not sure how they can punt him, must need the cash badly.

I thought they outplayed Hibs big time in the only game they've been on TV but utterly rank midweek.  

Shows McKenna may have not been as previously thought also.  Maybe we can get them to sign CH as their new CH?

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I thought they outplayed Hibs big time in the only game they've been on TV but utterly rank midweek.  

Shows McKenna may have not been as previously thought also.  Maybe we can get them to sign CH as their new CH?

Or failing that CB as their new CB. 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So Hibs, Motherwell, Killie and others are crap but we are alright and a squad going through changes?   Nobody said anything about being scared either, baseless confidence on extremely little is deluded though.

I couldn't possibly comment, nor can you. I can comment on teams I've watched competitively, and as I mentioned, having now watched 3 Hibs games this season, they've looked rank rotten in all 3.

Just now, Locky said:

I couldn't possibly comment, nor can you. I can comment on teams I've watched competitively, and as I mentioned, having now watched 3 Hibs games this season, they've looked rank rotten in all 3.

I agree with that tbh.  The worry is we where worse overall last season and finished miles behind them again. (scandalously). 

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I agree with that tbh.  The worry is we where worse overall last season and finished miles behind them again. (scandalously). 

Think that's been the most frustrating thing. Since they came back up, they've been streets ahead of us in the league in terms of placings, consistency etc. But at the same time, looking bang average in the process. I'm not one of these Hearts fans who's sole desire is to just beat Hibs and nothing else, but it is shite going through a period of essentially being worse than them, with them not being very good at all. I wouldn't mind if they were genuinely a good side, playing good football etc. But they are eye bleeding to watch, and their fans think they're the best footballing side in the country.

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think that's been the most frustrating thing. Since they came back up, they've been streets ahead of us in the league in terms of placings, consistency etc. But at the same time, looking bang average in the process. I'm not one of these Hearts fans who's sole desire is to just beat Hibs and nothing else, but it is shite going through a period of essentially being worse than them, with them not being very good at all. I wouldn't mind if they were genuinely a good side, playing good football etc. But they are eye bleeding to watch, and their fans think they're the best footballing side in the country.

Yeah I totally agree with that.  

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, DS98 said:

Indeed, Hibs were 11th in 2012 and as soon as Fenton tried to say there was no pressure on them I relaxed and knew they were nervous. If he said go be heroes and bummed them up they might’ve done better, maybe kept it down to 4 😜.