*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I assume that would have been a Champions league night? 

Yes.

Because the Europa League is out of sequence by a round this year, Celtic have a free week because the 2nd round is being played then. 

So its ended up being quite helpful to everyone Celtic got knocked out. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes.

Because the Europa League is out of sequence by a round this year, Celtic have a free week because the 2nd round is being played then. 

So its ended up being quite helpful to everyone Celtic got knocked out. 

👍👍

On 30/08/2020 at 20:10, Gorillajam said:

Hibs.net is an absolutely fantastic read right now. As predictable a verminous hobos fanbase as ever, harping on about the sheep's hatchet men, constantly fouling their players and lumping the ball forward, how the Covid 8 shouldn't have been involved in the game, that they were screwed over by the Gogic false positive and how had he played a part they'd have won the game. Some claiming it wasn't a penalty and that they should have won. The more deluded the views/posts the more throughly enjoyable a read. Just  Fantastic. That shuts them up and puts them firmly back into their box. I stand by my prediction of 5th place for the Leith junkies. We are going to pump them in the semi and its going to be all so sweet.

Fair play to the Sheep muttonhumpers they look a decent side this season. 3rd for them and maybe a decent cup run on the cards. Good luck holding onto McCrorie and Ferguson. They'll be looking for moves soon enough.

Like we've pointed out on many occasions, all the clubs had the opportunity to stand with us and force change at the top. Instead, they decided to either snigger or push the dagger in further.

Now, when they have to take their own tiny dose of medicine, they are squealing like stuck pigs. Frankly, it's a delicious sound. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

No tv games this weekend.

Bit of a relief. 

KNow what... I can honestly say I haven't  seen a single goal from the Premier league. So disillusioned with it all... still!

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bit of a relief. 

Yep.  All part of this world class tv deal we were sacrificed for. 

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bit of a relief. 

Now that the epl and championship are starting,  the spfl  will become a side show.

Edited by Weebroon98

Seymour M Hersh
21 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Now that the epl and championship are starting,  the spfl  will become a side show.

More like an afterthought.  Doncaster and co forced the earliest restart possible to claim centre stage on Sky. Even when they had the football watching public to themselves thy managed to **** it up. But  at least Kneel will get his bonus for the epic deal struck with Sky. Burn baby burn. 

The Old Tolbooth

I can honestly say I’ve watched one top flight game this season as I’m genuinely not giving a shit about anyone in the top flight, it was the Livingston v Rangers game, and it was rank rotten, and if it wasn’t for a mega hangover and nothing else on the telly, I wouldn’t even have watched that! 

My contempt for the top flight has never been higher, I genuinely don’t care what happens with the lot of them, it’s Hearts only for me and that’s all that matters. 

6 hours ago, hueyview said:

I'm glad the st mirren Hibs games on ....... Stuck £25 on Hibs at evens..   fixed odds have been difficult this week

The very worst of luck.

Seymour M Hersh

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Ross County manager looks more tike the manager of a trendy hipster bar than that of a football club. :lol:

tartofmidlothian

Wins for Aberdeen, Livi and Rangers, draws in the Celtic and Hibs games and not bothered how the other one goes. That would do too.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Nelly Terraces
On 11/09/2020 at 12:48, Rogue Daddy said:

KNow what... I can honestly say I haven't  seen a single goal from the Premier league. So disillusioned with it all... still!

Same here mate. Caught literally 10 seconds of Spurtscene while channel hopping one night & 30 seconds of the sheep v sevco game as to my horror they had commentary of it on Radio 5 (I refuse to listen to Radio Scotland).

Bit gutted I couldn't keep exposure to this shite to zero but hoping it won't go over a total of 1 minute the entire season.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Bobby making an erse of it in Paisley for the first Hibs goal.. 

in his defense goalkeeping is not his strong point....

PENALTY APPEAL

St Mirren 0-2 Hibernian

I'm not too sure how St Mirren haven't been given a penalty there.

The ball is floated into the box and Ryan Porteous, under no pressure, palms the ball away with both hands. Nothing given. Unbelievable

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Ross County manager looks more tike the manager of a trendy hipster bar than that of a football club. :lol:

No, it's not only you. There'll always be a gig for him as a 'Bearded Barista' when he leads his team to a well-deserved demotion. All he need do is self-isolate for a few months and voila!

20200912_153847.jpg

9 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

PENALTY APPEAL

St Mirren 0-2 Hibernian

I'm not too sure how St Mirren haven't been given a penalty there.

The ball is floated into the box and Ryan Porteous, under no pressure, palms the ball away with both hands. Nothing given. Unbelievable

That's a perfectly good St Johnstone goal disallowed, a dodgy last min pen given and now a stonewall pen against them turned down in the first handful of games.

Hibs getting some amount of early season luvk.

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

That's a perfectly good St Johnstone goal disallowed, a dodgy last min pen given and now a stonewall pen against them turned down in the first handful of games.

Hibs getting some amount of early season luvk.

It can't last forever. Tears and snotters by christmas 

26 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

No, it's not only you. There'll always be a gig for him as a 'Bearded Barista' when he leads his team to a well-deserved demotion. All he need do is self-isolate for a few months and voila!

20200912_153847.jpg

My god your right....  He's like the boy who appeared on Dragons Den..  for bespoke grooming products...

29 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Conor Washington scores for Charlton :lol: nailed on to rattle in like 20 goals. 

Hopefully he's on a £ per goal deal for us.  Or at least 10-15 goals giving us some dosh. 

Incidentally , I noticed Uche isn't even on the bench for Wycome.  Was he not one of the best trainers for ftiness with us, so that exscuse can be counted out.  I think he's being re-trained to be a football player 😕 

Clare made the bench at least at Oxford.

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Hopefully he's on a £ per goal deal for us.  Or at least 10-15 goals giving us some dosh. 

Incidentally , I noticed Uche isn't even on the bench for Wycome.  Was he not one of the best trainers for ftiness with us, so that exscuse can be counted out.  I think he's being re-trained to be a football player 😕 

Clare made the bench at least at Oxford.

They said he had a knock before the Carabao Cup game. No Uche, no Akinfenwa...step up Daryl Horgan!

Certainties to go down.

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

They said he had a knock before the Carabao Cup game. No Uche, no Akinfenwa...step up Daryl Horgan!

Certainties to go down.

Thank you :thumb:  

1 hour ago, hueyview said:

My god your right....  He's like the boy who appeared on Dragons Den..  for bespoke grooming products...

After today's result he should shave it all off and go into hiding. Lovely hearing his post-match comments about having to 'take our medicine' and make out that they were somehow better than the result suggests.

Another crackerjack day at the top.  Impossible to pick these results.  Who would have though Celtic and Rangets would record 9-0 aggregate wins. 

Apart from me.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That makes it look so much worse than it was :lol: just a wee tap ffs. Play on. 

I hadn't seen the video :laugh:

I watched the last 20 minutes of the Rangers game live. 

Good 4th goal on counter. Jon McLaughlin made a save from Shankland at end. He was poor and should have scored. That's 2 clean sheet records he's been involved in now. Rangers have the  Scottish league all time record for start of season. He did the Hearts all time league record. 

I share the lack of interest overall. Just who gets relegated. 

Good grief!!! Just watching the 'highlights'. How many Hearts rejects/ex-players are playing in the SPL whilst we languish? No need to answer. Ross Callaghan ... Best I go for a wee lie down in a darkened room. 😆

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

And you think Scottish forwards are bad?

Just think if the ref' gave a free kick for the goalkeeper, that might have been avoided :illogical:

Great effort of the post :lol:  Then again for the 2nd one :mickey:

I watched the Utd vs St j's game early this season and I watched the 2nd half of the Rangers vs Utd game today. I'm not convinced Shankland is the player he has been hyped up to be. He's barely played and has only just returned from injury so its a bit premature to judge but not great so far.

Nisbett played well for Hibs today by all accounts but I honestly don't believe he's a top 4 striker who will score 15 plus goals a season. I wasn't surprised to hear the calls for a Scotland call up from the TV pundits today. Unbelievable the hype Hibs get.

I've not hated Hibs this much in such a long time. Really hope The Sheep finish third. The lesser of two evils.

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That makes it look so much worse than it was :lol: just a wee tap ffs. Play on. 

Oh no. If he is injured then who will pay that zillion pounds that the rangers are demanding for him?