Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh

I see the trial by pundit has started for the Dundee Utd player. Stewart, McCann on BBC saying it should have been red and fatboyd (on Sky) saying the compliance officer has to look at it and suspend him.  Scottish football remaining ****ed up for the for the next 50 years.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I see the trial by pundit has started for the Dundee Utd player. Stewart, McCann on BBC saying it should have been red and fatboyd (on Sky) saying the compliance officer has to look at it and suspend him.  Scottish football remaining ****ed up for the for the next 50 years.

‘There was nothing in it.

The boy played the ball and accidentally caught Morelos as a result.

He’ll be fine, man up and get on with it

manaliveits105
15 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

I watched the Utd vs St j's game early this season and I watched the 2nd half of the Rangers vs Utd game today. I'm not convinced Shankland is the player he has been hyped up to be. He's barely played and has only just returned from injury so its a bit premature to judge but not great so far.

Nisbett played well for Hibs today by all accounts but I honestly don't believe he's a top 4 striker who will score 15 plus goals a season. I wasn't surprised to hear the calls for a Scotland call up from the TV pundits today. Unbelievable the hype Hibs get.

I've not hated Hibs this much in such a long time. Really hope The Sheep finish third. The lesser of two evils.

Fatty Nisbet for Scotland ????? - thats why we are finished internationally youll get petr15 knocking on clarkes door every day saying have you seen xxxxxxx that plays for hubz likesy and the next you know journeymen like wee fat louis stevenson appear in Scotland squads - the whole thing is fecked 

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

‘There was nothing in it.

The boy played the ball and accidentally caught Morelos as a result.

He’ll be fine, man up and get on with it

Of course there was nothing in it. Bet he gets offered a suspension though. 

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fatty Nisbet for Scotland ????? - thats why we are finished internationally youll get petr15 knocking on clarkes door every day saying have you seen xxxxxxx that plays for hubz likesy and the next you know journeymen like wee fat louis stevenson appear in Scotland squads - the whole thing is fecked 

I may have been just a tad over top with my criticism of the Scotland players the other week. However I grew up watching the likes of Robbo, Levein and Dave McPherson. Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Dundee, even the vermin across the street had players who either were or close to world class. Scotland was spoilt for forwards in the 80's. Dalglish was insanely good and for the younger members of this thread if you think Mo Sarah in todays Liverpool side was good you should have seen Kenny Dalglish. 

The game has changed so dramatically in the last 10 years in regards to fitness, nutrition, Sports Science, drones monitoring players movement (in training and matches), analysis of games etc etc. But if the likes of Hansen, Souness, Dalglish were playing in modern day football, they'd most definitely be starting in todays current Liverpool and they'd be their star men.

I'm not sure what it is: the advent of social media, video games or over coaching but the players being produced these days are not in the same level as in the past. Jinky Johnstone and Willie Henderson would run rings around the current Scotland squad. Dennis Law, Archie Gemmel, Buchan, Gordon Strachan... the list goes on.

When I think back to the likes of Dalglish, Robbo, Joe Jordan, Steve Archibald (who played for Barcelona at one time) and then the calls for Shankland, Dykes and Nisbett to be included into the Scotland squad - I can't believe how far our country has declined in terms of football. I have the same sentiments towards the current Hearts squad and those of the past.

But Hey, I'm old so what do I know.

Edited by Gorillajam

2 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

I may have been just a tad over top with my criticism of the Scotland players the other week. However I grew up watching the likes of Robbo, Levein and Dave McPherson. Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Dundee, even the vermin across the street had players who either were or close to world class. Scotland was spoilt for forwards in the 80's. Dalglish was insanely good and for the younger members of this thread if you think Mo Sarah in todays Liverpool side was good you should have seen Kenny Dalglish. 

The game has changed so dramatically in the last 10 years in regards to fitness, nutrition, Sports Science, drones monitoring players movement (in training and matches), analysis of games etc etc. But if the likes of Hansen, Souness, Dalglish were playing in modern day football, they'd most definitely be starting in todays current Liverpool and they'd be their star men.

I'm not sure what it is: the advent of social media, video games or over coaching but the players being produced these days are not in the same level as in the past. Jinky Johnstone and Willie Henderson would run rings around the current Scotland squad. Dennis Law, Archie Gemmel, Buchan, Gordon Strachan... the list goes on.

When I think back to the likes of Dalglish, Robbo, Joe Jordan, Steve Archibald (who played for Barcelona at one time) and then the calls for Shankland, Dykes and Nisbett to be included into the Scotland squad - I can't believe how far our country has declined in terms of football. I have the same sentiments towards the current Hearts squad and those of the past.

But Hey, I'm old so what do I know.

Sounds like you know plenty - I totally agree with you, but the I'm old  too.   How well I remember the days when Scotland had a team filled with top class players from top class clubs.....plus Alan Rough of course.   Sadly, I think these days are long gone and are unlikely to return any time soon.

I just do not see how Edwards challenge is a red card, even for modern day football.

It was a side foot clearance where unfortunately the follow through caught Morelos' knee.  That's just where your foot ends up.  There was no studs first, straight leg, high boot or any significant force.

I get how a pro everything TRFC twat like Boyd would say it's a red, but McCann and Stewart, I don't.

tartofmidlothian

If no meteorites hit the stadium, St Mirren 0-0 Celtic will be the best result tonight. Bobby to keep out the possibly match-winning pen would be funny.

It's going to be 4-0 to Celtic and he'll probably score an og, mind you. Although that would be funny too.

25 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If no meteorites hit the stadium, St Mirren 0-0 Celtic will be the best result tonight. Bobby to keep out the possibly match-winning pen would be funny.

It's going to be 4-0 to Celtic and he'll probably score an og, mind you. Although that would be funny too.

Well if he did it would be a first.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Bobby saves a pen 

Jeez. He saves like 1 pen in 15, just our luck that it happened to be for a team he's on a week loan for this time.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Beaton gives,Celtic a penalty but, apparently denied St Mirren a stone Waller.

Nothing changes.

Unfortunately it would be genuinely more of a shock if he gave a stonewaller against the OF. Fat useless welt 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, kila said:

Jeez. He saves like 1 pen in 15, just our luck that it happened to be for a team he's on a week loan for this time.

1 in about 30 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I may be wrong but I don’t believe he saved  one penalty with us? 

I think he saved one in a penalty shootout. He’s faced nearly 30 altogether. Awful penalty. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

tartofmidlothian

Didn't he save a pen in the League Cup game against Raith that was played at East Fife? It might have been his debut.

Watching the highlights now, he's having a good game. Pleasing that the result affects Hibs, though.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Didn't he save a pen in the League Cup game against Raith that was played at East Fife? It might have been his debut.

Watching the highlights now, he's having a good game. Pleasing that the result affects Hibs, though.

We’ve had a few penalty shootouts since his debut. Can’t remember who the save was against though. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Hoping the panty sniffers get done with 10 Covid 19 cases and all positive. Cancelling the SPFL card. Hoping that is.

Can’t believe after all the tame penalty attempts we have seen from Bobby, including a cup final when we were 1 up, he goes & bloody well saves one for StMirren! 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

British Broadcasting Celtic -broadcast the Celtic v Livi  game live shock 

For a bonus point:  who is commentating on behalf celtic. 

Balls they just equalised.  😔 

Neil McCann describes McGregor’s goal as a thing of beauty and sweet as a nut. 
But meanwhile in reality you read the live match report and it’s a deflection. Obviously a beautiful deliberate deflection. 

I was looking through the threads and this came back again. I personally don't give a shit about our football at the moment. I am bored out my brain. I expect I'm not the only one.