*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nah he’s pretty average with limited ability.  Fast though. 

Gave us a shoe’ing on Boxing Day. 

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke

Nah he’s pretty average with limited ability.  Fast though. 

Fast is something you can’t teach. You can get quicker with practice but natural pace plus a bit of ability is what all the best players have. 
Not going overboard with the wee hibs rat here but he’s decent. Imo obviously. 

14 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

No doubt Hibs will have recorded the crowd today as 18899. 

Nah, easily a new ER record attendance of 67,000 what with everyone clamouring to buy viewing passes. 🙄🤣

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Blackshades said:

Ive watched this pish for 45mins.had enough off to watch the railway children on BBC 2 .

Also watched the first half. One of the most boring 45 minutes I have seen. Aberdeen played like a team.set up.to give Rangers a training exercise. We will see a lot of that in OF games this season. 

43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Fast is something you can’t teach. You can get quicker with practice but natural pace plus a bit of ability is what all the best players have. 

👍 he’s like a piss Kenny Miller, when he has to use his brain he mucks up imo which will stop him upping his level.  Decent strike for the second today mind.  On today’s showing I would definitely have Burke for a season. 

22 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

We should really be making a solid offer for Boyle. Total show of strength. 

Of course a million should seal it......

47 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Was shit in the other games though.  We high pressed with slow centre halves, got done over. 

Nelly Terraces

Turned on Radio 5 earlier & to my horror they had commentary on the Coda v Sevco game. Literally the only part I listened to were a dour Roddie Forsyth* explaining there's no background crowd noise for games in the football backwater land of Scotland.

Have to laugh, can't even get that sorted, just so beautifully amateurish & embarrassing. Only gave it 20 seconds before switching off. 

*Is it just me, or does that bloke always sound like he's just been given some bad news, like a death in the family, just forever sounds so morose & depressing. An awful presenter.

Was shit in the other games though.  We high pressed with slow centre halves, got done over. 

Thats true. We totally underestimated Boyle that day.

11 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Derek McInnes on the Considine red card:

Referees can get a bit excited and give red cards for that. 

😳

It was a dangerous & reckless tackle that could've caused serious injury. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It was a dangerous & reckless tackle that could've caused serious injury. 

Usual thing though - would have been a yellow for the Huns. Guaranteed.

30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Usual thing though - would have been a yellow for the Huns. Guaranteed.

That’s the problem. No such thing as consistency when it comes to dealing with either of the arse cheeks. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

A good manager will be able to nullify the threat of Boyle. We have a good manager again.

If only essential folk are allowed at SPFL matches (players, match officials, medics, reporters etc) what essential purpose is Neil Doncaster fulfilling watching on at Tannadice?

I predict Hibs to have their usual good start to the season, and then lose one senior player to injury and blame the subsequent slide down the league on that. Cue all of them talking for years about the “year that could have been if only Boyle (or other diddy) hadn’t been injured” and actually believing it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I predict Hibs to have their usual good start to the season, and then lose one senior player to injury and blame the subsequent slide down the league on that. Cue all of them talking for years about the “year that could have been if only Boyle (or other diddy) hadn’t been injured” and actually believing it. 

Desperately hoping for a team to have their spine ripped out like we did in 18/19 and 19/20 to see how they cope with it. Already been hearing how Aberdeen will struggle without Cosgrove and Devlin. Aye, imagine also being without Main and Mckenna for half the season as well. Imagine Hibs losing Nisbet, Boyle and Gogic at the same time as we did with Naismith, Walker and Haring.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, 12XU said:

Hamilton are 33/1 tomorrow 

it’s a £5 from me

Lots of betting opportunities when home advantage may not be a factor without crowds.

58 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I’m still very hopeful that Hibs will be relegated. 

FTH. 

If they get to that position then I can prettty much giuarantee that relegation and suspension will be terminated for at least one season.

4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Of course a million should seal it......

Funny story that he grew up a massive Jambo, his Dad bleeds maroon, seen a photo of him doing 5 1 after cup final. Cant imagine it will present itself in his career now but he would have ran through brick walls to sign for Hearts

2 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

If only essential folk are allowed at SPFL matches (players, match officials, medics, reporters etc) what essential purpose is Neil Doncaster fulfilling watching on at Tannadice?

He was basking in the limelight of his handywork whilst pocketing a brown envelope? Allegedly ... 🤔

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Photo op to make a point. Something to do with "vindication" no doubt.

7 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

I think our defending was a major contributer. He was posted missing in the 3-1 at fester. And for the record my piss is faster over 100m than that ferret haired clown. 

SomethingAboutObua
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Another of the many Hibs "injury crises" they often claim to have suffered

manaliveits105

So Dundee Hibs get a dubious penalty for raised arm then get outplayed for second half by 10 man fermers - nae luck Paul and Andy 

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Lost all interest.

Thanks Ann.

Cool, well I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be pleased to see this as it means you won't be on posting every day turning everything into an "I hate Budge" thread. That is, at least until you have enough interest to come back on to start moaning again. 

kingantti1874
14 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

he didn’t really. Two horrendous mistakes and we dominated the rest of the game. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I didn't even listen to yesterday's games and I only took a passing interest in the scores when they were read out in the news later in the day. That's how it will be for the rest of the season as far as the Premiership is concerned and Sportscene is off the agenda for me. I'm not expecting much coverage of The Championship with The Rangers or The Lochend Brazil not in it this time around.

6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I didn't even listen to yesterday's games and I only took a passing interest in the scores when they were read out in the news later in the day. That's how it will be for the rest of the season as far as the Premiership is concerned and Sportscene is off the agenda for me. I'm not expecting much coverage of The Championship with The Rangers or The Lochend Brazil not in it this time around.

Feel similar. At least we’ll get games on a Friday night on bbc1. Hopefully mostly away games. 

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Sounds familiar tbf

All roads lead to Gorgie
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Feel similar. At least we’ll get games on a Friday night on bbc1. Hopefully mostly away games. 

Cheers. I forgot that Friday night games were not just on Alba now. We will have to listen to Steven Thompson bungling through his piece to camera though but that can be funny in itself 🙂

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Cheers. I forgot that Friday night games were not just on Alba now. We will have to listen to Steven Thompson bungling through his piece to camera though but that can be funny in itself 🙂

Only at half time for me. I have a wee routine for our TV games now, where I follow the build up on kickback then switch on at kick off. Much less anger that way😂

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Only at half time for me. I have a wee routine for our TV games now, where I follow the build up on kickback then switch on at kick off. Much less anger that way😂

Very wise, it stops having to listen to the so called TV pundits and then the car crash a match day thread is sure to become on here, a car crash I have contributed to on many occasions:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Very wise, it stops having to listen to the so called TV pundits and then the car crash a match day thread is sure to become on here, a car crash I have contributed to on many occasions:biggrin:

Yeah, match threads are a good laugh at least. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, match threads are a good laugh at least. 

I know, players and managers can go from heroes to villains and back to heroes in  90 mins. Too many ending as villains for much of last season though 😒

Watched Sportscene last night and it was so cringey and amateur.

Wooden guests are a staple on this show but the camera work and sound were all over the place. 

The standard of football seemed even worse than usual too.

15 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Watched Sportscene last night and it was so cringey and amateur.

Wooden guests are a staple on this show but the camera work and sound were all over the place. 

The standard of football seemed even worse than usual too.

Its such an amateur operation.

I don't know how it gets fixed. Its a catch 22. We need more investment to improve the quality, but the BBC are unwilling to invest in it. 

I wonder if ITV or Channel 4 might be interested in taking it over. With the ad revenue they get they could invest properly in hiring interesting pundits and just generally improving the quality. Its gets thousands of viewers tuning in, so would likely be a good show for them to pick up IMO. 

Edited by OTT

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he didn’t really. Two horrendous mistakes and we dominated the rest of the game. 

Aye mate, I think we won the singing that day as well.