*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

...stay down Easter Road way. :sadrobbo:

Aye, can't help where you were were born. Loads of Hearts fans lived down that way when I did.

• Replies 61.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Sausage

Seen a few people ripping Hughes for the way he speaks -say what you want but I’ve met him through friends a few times and he’s been a top class gent every time. 

Genuinely happy to talk football and have a bit of banter. Shame that he picks the worst teams to manage. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Seen a few people ripping Hughes for the way he speaks -say what you want but I’ve met him through friends a few times and he’s been a top class gent every time. 

Genuinely happy to talk football and have a bit of banter. Shame that he picks the worst teams to manage. 

Seems a genuine guy. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

I have always thought he was a decent manager and guy though he came unstuck at ICT (I think it was) when he was called in in similar circumstances. Mah Boyys!

23 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If Hibs are playing ANYONE and you can’t make your mind up who you want to lose then you need to re-assess what’s important in your life.

I think I’ve only ever wanted them to win twice. Both times because it benefited us. Even then I was ashamed 😀

Right, so you readily admit to TWICE wanting Hibs to win? Hence you negate your own stance regardless of whatever shame you may have felt. Hopefully you can understand my preference for dull 0-0 draws in such matches given that a win for Hibs would help them in their quest for a Euro slot, and a win for Ross Co would help them in their quest to avoid relegation. As it happens, Ross Co moved off the bottom of the table thanks to their win. Did you celebrate that with gusto? If so, then you should be truly ashamed. Had Hibs won then it would've been another nail in Dross C*unty's coffin and Hibs would still be looking likely to fail given the Sheep's games in hand. As for your advice that I should need to re-assess what is important in my life? Are you serious? Believe me, I know fine well what's important in my life and the score in any football match, let alone one involving Hibs is pretty much at the bottom of the list. All the best for 2021. 🥂🍷🍺

Edited by Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, smiler said:

Your bog standard Hibby will detest both of the Old Firm, as will your bog standard Hearts supporter. 

In my experience anyway. 

Maybe some but the ones I know seem to be support Celtic in Europe far more than they do Rangers. 

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I have always thought he was a decent manager and guy though he came unstuck at ICT (I think it was) when he was called in in similar circumstances. Mah Boyys!

He was hopeless at Raith, he and Collins were also emptied from Livi. He’s a good Scottish laddie who will get a good press because he gives the headlines, but will be gone by next Xmas. 

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Rudy T said:

They were quite happy to take Celtics help to get them out the championship however. Forever banging on about cheating, forgetting exactly how low they were prepared to go after 2 failed attempts at promotion.

Indeed, they had 8 loan players in 2012, had players on loan from Celtic every window until they refused to take a low offer for McGinn.
Since Stubbs begged them to buy Scott Allan to keep him away from Rangers, to use the money for McGinn they had a very cosy relationship. All that ended though “we’ve been far too good to Hibs recently” was what Lawell said and now they deal with Rangers instead 😆😂

17 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I like Big Yogi.  Always honest.  JJ I think speaks highly of him as well.

JJ tried to sign him for Hearts 

Said it before , Hughes is one of the good guys of Scottish football .

Posters on here who have actually met him confirm this 

Harry Potter
20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

...stay down Easter Road way. :sadrobbo:

Ha ha, mind a few years back, going to easter road, just prior to the bridge of doom, someone

was blasting the hearts song out their flat window, quality 😀.

10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Right, so you readily admit to TWICE wanting Hibs to win? Hence you negate your own stance regardless of whatever shame you may have felt. Hopefully you can understand my preference for dull 0-0 draws in such matches given that a win for Hibs would help them in their quest for a Euro slot, and a win for Ross Co would help them in their quest to avoid relegation. As it happens, Ross Co moved off the bottom of the table thanks to their win. Did you celebrate that with gusto? If so, then you should be truly ashamed. Had Hibs won then it would've been another nail in Dross C*unty's coffin and Hibs would still be looking likely to fail given the Sheep's games in hand. As for your advice that I should need to re-assess what is important in my life? Are you serious? Believe me, I know fine well what's important in my life and the score in any football match, let alone one involving Hibs is pretty much at the bottom of the list. All the best for 2021. 🥂🍷🍺

Hmmm. Ross County stay up or Hibs  getting a point. 
I like a trip to Dingwall 😀

All the best to you too bud

19 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

I like Big Yogi.  Always honest.  JJ I think speaks highly of him as well.

Yogi is JJs goldenboy.   We tried to sign him before he went to Celtic. 

For older readers I always think of Hughes as a Jock Wallace type manager. Great at getting the players up for it and fostering a gang mentality among the team. This works really well in the short term or for one off big games but when it stops working there isn’t much to fall back on. I might be totally wrong of course and in actual fact he’s like Arsene Wenger in terms of application and tactical planning, I doubt it though. 

Big day tomorrow.

A blue win virtually guarantees Sevco their first ever major trophy but also likely stretches Rangers top league title advantage over Celtic to 4, from 55 to 51.

Spitonastranger
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Big day tomorrow.

A blue win virtually guarantees Sevco their first ever major trophy but also likely stretches Rangers top league title advantage over Celtic to 4, from 55 to 51.

This new The Rangers have never won a league or major trophy. You must be confusing them with someone else.

10 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

This new The Rangers have never won a league or major trophy. You must be confusing them with someone else.

It's all about winding up fans of all 3 clubs in one sentence.

38 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Big day tomorrow.

Only 1 game that matters tomorrow and it ain’t in the West of Glasgow. 

For what it’s worth I hope they both get beat. 

Just now, DS98 said:

Only 1 game that matters tomorrow and it ain’t in the West of Glasgow. 

For what it’s worth I hope they both get beat. 

Yeah

Mourinho's honeymoon could be over tomorrow 

On 31/12/2020 at 18:23, Captain Sausage said:

I also know a few people who have met him and they’ve all spoke highly of him. Said he’s a really nice guy.

2 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Dunfermline v Raith and Arbroath v Inverness both called off. Two frozen pitches. 

good. Widen that gap hearts

15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

A Sevco win would be a great start to the day with our big game still to come.

I want Celtics dream absolutely destroyed

Its now at the stage where it doesn't matter what happens, either Celtics 10iar is gone and Lennon was the man to lose it or Rangers blow a massive lead and remain trophy-less. It's a win win really!

15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

A Sevco win would be a great start to the day with our big game still to come.

I want Celtics dream absolutely destroyed

Celtic are responsible for what happened to Scottish football over the summer.  A poster on her made a great point about the pandemic being something that should've brought the Scottish football community together but was fractured because of what benefited Celtic.  

The other clubs are just as guilty for dancing to their tune for a couple of pound, but that lot are the real reason.  

You won't find a more sleekit club.  

I despise both arse cheeks so win win when one loses, but Celtic deserve everything they get for what they've done to Scottish football.  

William H. Bonney

I couldn’t give a flying **** which one of those two scumbag clubs win the league. 
I do however wish for multiple injures and red cards. 

hoof.hearted
1 hour ago, dtgj said:

Dunfermline v Raith and Arbroath v Inverness both called off. Two frozen pitches. 

As Dunfermline have undersoil heating,  did they just not turn it on? Or is weather too cold even for it? If the latter, will tonight's bame be in any doubt?

If Dundee have not turned the undersoil heating on game has no chance as been below freezing in Dundee for days .it's sunny today but it's not warm enough to melt frost and ice it's that cold around here even gayfield  in Arbroath is off and that is just about in the north sea

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Clubs who aren’t turning in underground heating should forfeit the game. Don’t care about costs. How much can it be?

Also Championship clubs have just received, or will receive, £500k

I bet you Hearts are coughing up the cash to make sure home games are on.

TyphoonJambo
22 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

As Dunfermline have undersoil heating,  did they just not turn it on? Or is weather too cold even for it? If the latter, will tonight's bame be in any doubt?

I'm hoping that if its in doubt we would know by now.

upgotheheads

If the Arbroath game is off that's not a good sign for Dundee, they're quite nearby. Any team that has undersoil heating, but it's broken or not switched, on should forfeit the points.

Edited by upgotheheads

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If the Arbroath game is off that's not a good sign for Dundee, they're quite nearby. Any team that has undersoil heating, but it's broken or not switched, on should forfeit the points.

Arbroath is right next to the sea also, which gives a better chance against frost.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Arbroath is right next to the sea also, which gives a better chance against frost.

Other way round I would have thought, the sea is warmer than the land,at this time of year,  but don't go swimming to find out.

Interesting game at ER. Livingston been winning lots. Hibs pumped in last two. Another defeat and a Hearts win and this place will have been fumigated

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Interesting game at ER. Livingston been winning lots. Hibs pumped in last two. Another defeat and a Hearts win and this place will have been fumigated

:greatpost:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers will boaby them.

Got a feeling they might, 4-0.lennon to combust and blame everything from the ref to the dakeks. 

Either that or Celtic scrap a win and rangers arse collapses over the next few months. 

Either way there will be hun tears or Celtic tears in te near future, so win /win.