*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Surely rangers won't give up a chance to win a trophy today versus Falkirk.    Hibs won't win shit if rangers have eyes on a trophy. 

It would be Rangers' 1st major trophy after 8 and a half years.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't see any really big name taking the job just now as they more than likely will be the man that helped stop 9.75 IAR

Edited by Weebroon98

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I do think they're missing Forrest but Johnson barely even gets a start for them 🤣

Absolutely but one player in a squad assembled for just short of £100m shouldn’t be getting beat of County 😆

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

It would be Rangers' 1st major trophy after 8 and a half years.

Exactly that,   also Gerrard first chance to get a trophy as a manager.   The path looks easier for them now. 

People wanting Lennon to still be in a job by the cup final as if they won’t batter us regardless. Two teams both soft as shite, the difference is they actually have good players. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Can't see any really big name taking the job just now as they more than likely will be the man that helped stop 9.75 IAR

Stubbs is a relatively small name in every aspect. 

10 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Aye because those teams being out would have made it easier for us.  We lost to St Mirren in a final having beat Caley Thistle in a semi.  Doesn’t get any easier than that. 

Yesterday was a car crash, but can we stop short of the “Hibs are going to win the cup because we lost to Alloa” chat please.  

Yes.

Regardless of how pish we are, those teams being out would’ve made it easier for us. I thought that would’ve been quite an easy one to understand. 

Moot point. 

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

What's the likelihood that septic keep popcorn teeth until the final?

I really hope they do, the more discontent they have the better.

They gave him a vote of confidence on Friday. 

But they probably didn't expect to lose to Ross County. 

Tennant's  6's
16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Would Celtic fans really accept that? Obviously had Bournemouth punching above their weight but he's won nothing.

Winning things isn't always a sign of how good you are, there's not a direct correlation there. 

How much have Bournemouth actually won in their history ? 

I'd bet that he's ten times the coach that lennon is, who's win plenty in this footballing backwater. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bad news is they must surely have a new manager and the week off before we play them. 

John Kennedy interim manager is best we can hope for 

Tennant's  6's
6 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Good point, I actually thought that gerrard might have left rangers in the summer for that very reason..

No possibility of champions league football for finishing 2nd either 

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Good point, I actually thought that gerrard might have left rangers in the summer for that very reason..

No possibility of champions league football for finishing 2nd either 

I think 2nd does get Champions League next season. 

Tennant's  6's
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We could have won this or at least got to the final. Nice one Robbie! No money spinner this time. 

It's infuriating.  

A great chance gone because the team displayed the same deficiencies that they have done for yrs now. 

The path is wide open for a half decent team, with a bit of luck, to win the League Cup this year

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yes.

Regardless of how pish we are, those teams being out would’ve made it easier for us. I thought that would’ve been quite an easy one to understand. 

Moot point. 

I understand your point, but choose to disagree with it. 👍

Tennant's  6's
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think 2nd does get Champions League next season. 

Fair do's, must be like a dozen qualifiers for our second placed team though..

I guess they've done well to get the co-efficient up in recent yrs 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Shame Celtic's meltdown couldn't have happened in a couple of weeks but surely they need to make a change now. Unless they just wrote this season off and give the new guy a clean slate with the pressure off a bit. Also, Eddie Howe would be a great appointment for them. Knows what he's doing much more than Lennon. 

Lennon - “I’ll just get up in the morning, wash my face and get on with it like I always do”

Proof that the manky ******* doesn’t shower.  

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Exactly that,   also Gerrard first chance to get a trophy as a manager.   The path looks easier for them now. 

With Septic in disarray, there's a good chance he'll win the treble, then bugger off for a big job down South, leaving Der Hun up a gum tree. There's a good chance their finances are precarious. This was only ever going to be a stepping stone job for Gerrard.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Eddie Howe is the obvious one.

Sean Maloney? Assistant to Martínez with Belgian international team,must surely enter frame.

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Shame Celtic's meltdown couldn't have happened in a couple of weeks but surely they need to make a change now. Unless they just wrote this season off and give the new guy a clean slate with the pressure off a bit. Also, Eddie Howe would be a great appointment for them. Knows what he's doing much more than Lennon. 

The hope lies in that Dermot Desmond who apparently makes the decision really likes Neil Lennon as manager. 

And in context of 10 in a row, the League Cup is irrelevant. 

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We could have won this or at least got to the final. Nice one Robbie! No money spinner this time. 

To be fair that could have been written about every Hearts LC campaign for the last 56 years. One day we'll do it like the SC and then hopefully it'll become a fairly regular occurrence.

WoolfordsHearts
22 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Aye because those teams being out would have made it easier for us.  We lost to St Mirren in a final having beat Caley Thistle in a semi.  Doesn’t get any easier than that. 

Yesterday was a car crash, but can we stop short of the “Hibs are going to win the cup because we lost to Alloa” chat please.  

Far too sensible a post to be putting on here.👍

**** hibs and any obsession with them on here aswell.

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Up against our set of chicken-shit imposters they won't need a manager.

Unfortunately this is where I am at aswell. We seemed to have still got this "canny be arsed" attitude playing away from home ( excluding Hibs) ........really fear for us in the final.

complete control
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

We were no more likely to win the cup because Celtic are out. Any half decent team would beat us. 

they dont need a manager to thrash us. just someone to pick their team

Tennant's  6's
39 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

According to Charlie Adam, Lawlell is going to pull Pochettino out the rabbit.

Top trolling from Adam then..

Although pochettino hasn't won anything as a manager, so by some peoples logic that means he's not a patch on lennon who's won multiple trophies

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair that could have been written about every Hearts LC campaign for the last 56 years. One day we'll do it like the SC and then hopefully it'll become a fairly regular occurrence.

We might win a few challenge cups. 

:sadrobbo:

18 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

It's infuriating.  

A great chance gone because the team displayed the same deficiencies that they have done for yrs now. 

The path is wide open for a half decent team, with a bit of luck, to win the League Cup this year

Rangers will win it, unless of course they prioritise European football then unfortunately in that scenario you'd put Hibs in there with a chance. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers will win it, unless of course they prioritise European football then unfortunately in that scenario you'd put Hibs in there with a chance. 

They will prioritise the League Cup. You could tell from the fury of their fans after the Scottish Cup game at Tynecastle how absolutely desperate they are to win a trophy.

Gaun Falkirk. Win and today could be the day that saved Scottish fitba.

Someone told me (I haven't checked) that the last time a team called Rangers were double-figures at the top of the top division in December was the season the previous club was liquidated.

Just now, leginten said:

They will prioritise the League Cup. You could tell from the fury of their fans after the Scottish Cup game at Tynecastle how absolutely desperate they are to win a trophy.

Absolutely. They want pure domination. 

The Rangers support spur their team on and accept nothing less than to win everything. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Protest outside Celtic Park 🤣

Easiest job in football and he's ****ed it up. 

Gutted he won't be incharge of the final, we'd have had a chance. 

Watch how quickly this Celtic team turns around when they get a new manager. The players have clearly been trying to get him sacked. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

John Kennedy interim manager is best we can hope for 

That be great. Protest outside Celtic park as we speak 😆

82316AB6-FA76-4A8E-A8BF-DD4F49958F5A.jpeg