*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Ricardo Quaresma

Irrelevant anyway, just don’t want them in with us, they can go and eff the mhanks up 😄

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They take more because they have higher rank co-efficient is what I’ve read

Sure it was UEFA or Bert Kassies

I suppose UEFA may have changed how they work it but certainly last season co-efficient never came into it (co-efficient payments are a thing but they are separate from the TV pool) it's either split slightly in favour of the cup winner slot or equal if the cup winner isn't involved. 

It's a little dry but this UEFA document is really good for explaining how they divvy up the money in the various competitions : 

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0269-125fde34ba54-30a4c9aeea13-1000/20210520_circular_2021_35_en.pdf

But yeah, don't really care either way, either we take a slightly bigger piece of the pie (if we get there) or they lose out on a fortune if they don't make CL. Win win. 

Edited by Jamboross

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No, if rangers are in EL GS with us, they get 60% of the TV pool money

If they get to CL GS, they take half of TV money away from the mhanks, so at least they don’t get further ahead of, well, us for starters

They get £5m just for tonight.  How much do we get for making a nae hun EL? 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

I suppose UEFA may have changed how they work it but certainly last season co-efficient never came into it (co-efficient payments are a thing but they are separate from the TV pool) it's either split slightly in favour of the cup winner slot or equal if the cup winner isn't involved. 

It's a little dry but this UEFA document is really good for explaining how they divvy up the money in the various competitions : 

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0269-125fde34ba54-30a4c9aeea13-1000/20210520_circular_2021_35_en.pdf

But yeah, don't really care either way, either we take a slightly bigger piece of the pie (if we get there) or they lose out on a fortune if they don't make CL. Win win. 

Not if we lose to the Swiss. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Not if we lose to the Swiss. 

Hence my "(if we make it)".  Taking nothing for granted but a little optimism hurt no-one!

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Jamboross said:

Hence my "(if we make it)".  Taking nothing for granted but a little optimism hurt no-one!

Defo mate.  Sadly their ties the night before too. 

In my fitba coaching WhatsApp group the resident young Rangers fan has said he hopes we do well as it's about time other Scottish football teams step up instead of being carried by Rangers....

The next hour of my life I'm devoting to winding ...no...tormenting this clown.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

They’re scum. So no result is good other than a defeat. Unless it’s a tie that knocks them out. That can be a good result.

good result for them tho, hence my " good result for the huns" 

Ricardo Quaresma
11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I agree totally. This is the one area of Robbie's tactics where he still hasn't changed with the safety first approach which often comes back to bite him like it did on Sunday.

If we had put someone on with pace up front as you said it makes them think twice about pushing forward so much and gives us a bit of respite at the back.

The outcome might still have ended up the same but at least we would have had a go.

Agree with that

1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Solid reasoning for Tillman being MOM.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. 

What does that mean?

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

Couldn’t agree more 👍

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Superb

Brick Tamland
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Blinded by lust 

E271F4A5-B36A-4B1E-8C4E-DFA0E9521BCE.jpeg

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What does that mean?

We're re-signing Paterson. Zeefuik still thinking about our offer.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

We're re-signing Paterson. Zeefuik still thinking about our offer.

😂

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What does that mean?

It’s standard dummy text used by designers when they don’t have the real thing.

On 09/08/2022 at 21:46, **** the SPFL said:

So do I but from a money point it’s better for us if they get into champions league group and provided we beat Zurich or Linfield then all the TV money comes to us from Europa league

Doesn't quite compensate from the mega millions those ****s would receive for UCL group football. Worse yet, 2 of them getting it. If they both make the CL groups you can probably write off top 2 for the next 3-5 years.

Fxxx the SPFL
22 minutes ago, Locky said:

Doesn't quite compensate from the mega millions those ****s would receive for UCL group football. Worse yet, 2 of them getting it. If they both make the CL groups you can probably write off top 2 for the next 3-5 years.

i agree Locky our aspirations have to be to split those arse cheeks however in reality given that vast chasm money wise that's going to be very difficult i was hoping that the extra cash we derive from Europe keeps us a head of the rest.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Thought they showing the Arabs game tonight until I read the TV guide thingy and it's last week's game ?

Confused !

7.45 on BBC Scotland 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

7.45 on BBC Scotland 

Yea, sorry, scratch that post. They've updated it now. Had last week's game on earlier guide.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

With Scottish clubs in Europe. I feel in the minority these days but I really hope United do it. That must be my generation's version of my grandad going to Tynie one week and ER the next. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

With Scottish clubs in Europe. I feel in the minority these days but I really hope United do it. That must be my generation's version of my grandad going to Tynie one week and ER the next. 

I think you are right it is a generational thing. I used to live in Dundee early 80s and went to most of their big european games. Bunch of my older mates would drive through from edinburgh to watch them as well (Hearts ST holders) . The football was a joy to watch and I was jealous we were so far behind them at that point

Spitonastranger

What end did your Grandad stand in for a derby 😃

Harry Potter

be 2-0 for the home team.

I certainly remember cheering on Aberdeen and D Utd in Europe in the 80s.    Even though we were miles behind them at the time it's amazing to think that just a few years later we got to a Quarter Final against Bayern and were unlucky to lose the tie.

Edited by TexasAndy

5 minutes ago, Shankland said:

I support any club in Europe aside from Sevco, Celtic and Hibs

Add the sheep to that and thats me

scott herbertson
20 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

What end did your Grandad stand in for a derby 😃

In those days we stood at both ends - switched ends at half time which was pretty chaotic at derbies!

Imagine it now...

13 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I certainly remember cheering on Aberdeen and D Utd in Europe in the 80s.    Even though we were miles behind them at the time it's amazing to think that just a few years later we got to a Quarter Final against Bayern and were unlucky to lose the tie.

TV money changed everything and not for the better imo.You used to be able to semi compete with the giants 

John Findlay

If not already mentioned. Its live on the BBC Scotland channel tonight, if you have Virgin like me, then that's channel 108.

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Watched Utd's Final 2nd leg in 1987 in a boozer in London. A few, more than a few, cheering them on. 
Including The Proclaimers, who were playing that night !

thehibsareintheirbeds

United looking not bad so far. Levitt and McGrath look like they've got a bit of quality about them

I can see DU scoring first.   AZ look like they're playing Real Madrid the now.    I don't mean that as a compliment to DU.    They look rushed and panicked.    OK, they just had a good effort on goal 😉 

The way it's gone so far, Utd could be on a wee bit of a doing here. Unless they can respond pdq.

Edit : A doing on Sunday would be lovely of course. Suddenly looks like Utd are responding.

Edited by whodanny

RustyRightPeg

Outstanding defending from the centre back just before the save. Fletcher gets his head on that cross and it looked on target